Thread: Official Gwildor MOTUC Discussion

Hybrid View

Heroic Warrior

Official Gwildor MOTUC Discussion

OK, I know this little guy doesn't get much love, Now I know sooner or later he will be released in the MOTUC line.

Now what I want to know is, in addition to the Cosmic Key being included with him, will we get

A bucket of Robby's chicken and ribs with him?

It only seems right. WunDar got a loaf of bread so Might this little guy get his bucket of Robby's chicken and ribs.

Now I know the Movie company has rights to the name Robby's chicken and ribs, so Mattel can just include a generic bucket of chicken and ribs.

What so you guys think?

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again--When introduced, I saw him as a substitute for Orko, but realized it wasn't his fault. And the fact it was Billy Barty just made him that much more endearing. I love Gwildor because he's so bizarre and excentric and can't run fast so He-Man has to carry him.

I'd love for him to have a bucket of chicken, but since it's iffy, what if they gave him a WHOLE chicken??? We could have the chicken and bread and everyone can come together for a meal.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Heavy Metal Warlord Hessianking's Avatar
    I thought Matty stated they would not be doing any movie figures. (I would love a movie Skeletor and a Lubic figure.)

But if they did do Gwildor, I think the bucket of chicken would be an great accessory. I think its an awesome idea.
    -Hessianking

Nothing new... They can do anything done in the vintage line.

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    They can not do any movie figures that weren't figures before. Gwildor, Blade, and Saurod are fair game.

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

I'm really looking forward to Gwildor.

The bucket of chicken is a pretty cool idea, but how about a cow? MOO

Mooo! MOOO! Moo? Mu...

Quote Originally Posted by Hessianking View Post
    I thought Matty stated they would not be doing any movie figures. (I would love a movie Skeletor and a Lubic figure.)
    Lubic sounds like a MOTU character in his own right. Maybe he could be Lub-ic, like Wun-dar. I don't know what his special power will be.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    He should come with:
    Cosmic Key
    Grab hook
    Robbies Ribbs
    walking stick
    bunch of keys
    Dame Edna outfit
    and maybe a Cow

Im not interested in a bucket of chicken, that would go straigt in my motu weapons tin never to see daylight again lol. I would like to see Gwildor with a more movie accurate cosmic key as well as the toy version for people who like everything to be the same as th original toy release. His staff would be good to and maybe the grapple hook.

Gwildor MOTUC Speculation ...

Not sure if this post has been started already - tried searching, but please move this if it has ...

Does the fact we have seen a movie-accurate Cosmic Key at SDCC mean that Gwildor is close to being released? ... I was not aware of the Cosmic Keys connection to the Preternia storyline, but at least it shows we have a 'Gwildor accessory' already ... remember - Gwildor's toy key and the movie key are 2 very different designs ...

I guess we will see all the characters eventually, but seeing as I'm a big fan of the movie - i hope we get a movie-based character soon ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Heroic Warrior

Should Gwildor come with vintage Cosmic Key or PD He-Man's version?

So, I know a lot of people assume that Gwildor will be coming sooner than later since we got that awesome Cosmic Key that came with Preternia Disguised He-Man. But, I was wondering, when Gwildor is released, should he come with the Cosmic Key that came with PD He-Man or should he come with a Classic update to his vintage Cosmic Key? You know, personally, I hope he comes with a Classice update of the vintage Key. I think it makes sense since in the movie, their was 2 Cosmic Keys, so if we're gonna have 2 figures with Cosmic Keys, why not make them look different from each other. And though Gwildor's key isn't quite as exciting as He-Man's, I think that's more of a case because it resembles the movie version so much. But, I like how the 4H have updated the weapons along the way, so I feel if Gwildor gets his vintage key, it will comer out prett looking thanks to the 4H.

As small as he is, why not both? =)

I would like to see a "closed" version of the Cosmic Key come with Gwildor. Maybe a extra set of the tuning forks where you can interchange them from open to close. Or how about one that has the handle similar to the one in the movie? Actually I don't really care just as long as we get Gwildor. Oh! He better come with a bucket of chicken!

Moooo!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Hmm....errrg...ahhh...umm...

I don't know! I want a toy version, but I also want a second Key. I also want a closed version of the key! On one hand, if they made the toy version, you could always say that it's the prototype. Story would be the same; Skelly would assume there's only one, but NO, there's a prototype! Protos often look different anyway.

I still want a closed version of the movie one, though! Or just another one. Like it was mentioned, though...why not both? I mean, he is little! Could fit a few accessories in there.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

How about don't bring out Gwildor and then you won't have to worry about what key he comes with.

Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    How about don't bring out Gwildor and then you won't have to worry about what key he comes with.
    Perfect! Then Disco Skeletor can come out in his place, the Cosmic Key can still come with him, but instead it'll have a light up feature so Skelly can dance the night away! You're a genius, man!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i like for Gwildor to have a very cool tech looking walking stick.

I think he's coming this year.

I'd love to see him with his original red-silver key, and/or a closed version of the key that came with PD He-Man.

I'd also love if he came with his movie walking stick, and that grappler from the movie. It could be two pieces, connected by a string (like Webstor's backpack and grappling hook).

The bucket of chicken would be hilarious!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I can see Gwildor as a SDCC exclusive.
    www.TheComixverse.com
    The Comixverse | comic reviews/previews/editorials & discussion.
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone

want them all!!!

gwildor is my most wanted figure.
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

I want Gwildor with his bucket of chicken and legbones plus
    his flying propeller toilet throne.

will gwildor come with the cosmic key?

Gwildor's only accessory came with the sub exclusive in 2011 (pre-eternia he-man ). So the cosmic key is technically a sub exclusive.

Will Matty break it's own rules and offer this sub exclusive as Gwildor's accessory?

I know no one has the answer to this question, probably not even Toyguru himself, but I'll leave it open for debate, what do you guys think ?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Scott said in a RGD way back that when they get to gwildor he will come with the cosmic key but it won't be the same one that came with pre-eternia he-man
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

I think that the figure should come with two Cosmic Keys: one toy accurate and one 'closed' version similar to the one that came with PD He-Man.

Maybe the bio can state that the toy accurate one is the prototype key. There are, after all, two Cosmic Keys in the movie
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar