Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • vintage masters of the universe

68 73.12%
  • vintage princess of power

59 63.44%
  • vintage new adventures

51 54.84%
  • mini-comic/book/myp, dc, and star comics, etc.

53 56.99%
  • filmation not included in vintage motu or pop lines

69 74.19%
  • concept

55 59.14%
  • jetlag not included in vintage n/a line up

40 43.01%
  • 200x line

43 46.24%
  • myp cartoon not in 200x line

47 50.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: my opinion of factions in motuc

cyber-assassin

my opinion of factions in motuc

First, I've ALWAYS loved the vintage line. As a kid I had almost all of them. As far as pop, the only one I had was bow, didn't care about any others. New Adventures, I was so disappointed in these. really. And that's putting it nicely. As I've ALMOST caught up the entire line, a few things changed. I really like both of these factions now. In this line. I'm still not into vintage pop or na, but they didn't fit in to the he-man I knew and loved. These do. I'm tired of listening to people complain about too much of this faction or too much of that. If you're into either of those in the vintage format, more power to you, I'm not. BUT the motuc versions, I'll take all I can get. I understand when mattel says we need all factions supported to continue, and honestly there is only what 16 or so figures plus the meteorbs left? That's not 2 years worth of figures. I'd love to see the rest and I'm interested to see what they do with the other 11 pop and 16 na figures (I used the visual checklist from somewhere on here to get the figure numbers, so if I'm off I apologize, but the point remains). Now I get that not everyone likes every faction, but really, are they really that bad? I also dig the concept figures also. demo-man, vikor, vykron... they're neat. I'm looking foward to more son of he-man and seeing where that goes. I'm going to attempt to determine the overall opinion instead of the very vocal majority/minority. So feel free to comment as to which you'd like to see in the line. vintage, princess of power, new adventures, filmation, mini-comics/books/etc, concept. Any, all, or maybe even 2 or 3.
    Those whom god wishes to destroy,
    He first makes mad. - Reinfield.

Quote Originally Posted by faker32828 View Post
    First, I've ALWAYS loved the vintage line. As a kid I had almost all of them. As far as pop, the only one I had was bow, didn't care about any others. New Adventures, I was so disappointed in these. really. And that's putting it nicely. As I've ALMOST caught up the entire line, a few things changed. I really like both of these factions now. In this line. I'm still not into vintage pop or na, but they didn't fit in to the he-man I knew and loved. These do. I'm tired of listening to people complain about too much of this faction or too much of that. If you're into either of those in the vintage format, more power to you, I'm not. BUT the motuc versions, I'll take all I can get. I understand when mattel says we need all factions supported to continue, and honestly there is only what 16 or so figures plus the meteorbs left? That's not 2 years worth of figures. I'd love to see the rest and I'm interested to see what they do with the other 11 pop and 16 na figures (I used the visual checklist from somewhere on here to get the figure numbers, so if I'm off I apologize, but the point remains). Now I get that not everyone likes every faction, but really, are they really that bad? I also dig the concept figures also. demo-man, vikor, vykron... they're neat. I'm looking foward to more son of he-man and seeing where that goes. I'm going to attempt to determine the overall opinion instead of the very vocal majority/minority. So feel free to comment as to which you'd like to see in the line. vintage, princess of power, new adventures, filmation, mini-comics/books/etc, concept. Any, all, or maybe even 2 or 3.
    I completely agree i love all the different parts of the lie making up MOTUC.
    Want Crita Veena Angella Peekablue EvilSeed Prahvus Saurod Ssqueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreElle Montork Miro BlastAttack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quake Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Drissi LadySlither Bubblor ThreeBeast FangOr GreatBlackWizard MajorHeader RaJar

I'm more of a character driven collector than a faction collector, but I'm not a huge fan of most of the MYP 200x designs(although I do prefer that Zodak over the vintage version)

Same here. I'm in for all of it, including SOH. Some people aren't. That's cool. I just hope things can last after they're satisfied and bail, so the rest of us aren't left hanging.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    All for me!
    I love all vintage N/A & a few from Jetlag, like master sabrian, grot & crita.
    Mini comics has a few left like mask of power demons, crimson furry, lodar & his kobolds.
    Filmation has many!!
    POP still has the remaining vintage.
    MYP 200x & 200x comic are some of my favorites.
    POG is a favorite faction of mine. I specially love the feel of pre-eternia mythos.
    SOH has great potenial & Im very excited to see characters in this era.
    Concept characters are awesome. Not concept but I like to see a few of those 30th anniversary character contest wins become figure.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I am for all of them, as long as it is a quality figure with good paint apps, proper shoulders and arms and do not break when you look at them. I am for concept characters, just not done by Scott Neitlich - he's 0-2 and needs to concentrate on marketing - not design.

I would love another fan character contest vote to see some of them again, instead of their pictures being locked up in some case in a warehouse, being looked after by "top men".
    HAVES: MOSS MAN, ADORA, Mantenna, King Randor
    WANTS: Webstor
    Toyguru Collector Supreme posted December 12, 2013 "Can't understand what you are asking. Sorry."
    Toyguru Marketing Manager Mattel posted March 16, 2014 "Every great project from toys to movie and a TV usually need a fan base to support it and an "internal champion" that keeps it going through the system."

Everything. I want this to be the all inclusive line it was intended to be. And luckily for me, it is. Unlike certain people who ignore what has been true for literally many years now, it is not just a line for one fan, but for all fans. ALL fans.

As such, I am still eager for Songster, who is a huge addition to the line if he would only get made. Also I'd love to get a Scrollos. I am hoping UNO is Gorpo, has the parts to make one at any rate, & I'll get two. I want unmade character concepts like Darius in NA.

I want it all.

Particularly for the future of the line, I want Son of He-Man. Dare, Skeleteen, whatever else. Bring it on. I want Powers of Grayskull. Newly introduced characters like Beast Lord or Gladiator. I want newly introduced concepts like Fang Or & Great Black Wizard.

Bring it on.

I want them all!

I'm not looking to complete factions, I collect from only certain eras of MOTU, and even then, it's only the ones I really like, or have nostalgia factors. Mainly Vintage originals like MOTU (mainly the ones I had as a kid, and the ones the 4H made awesome that I didn't have) and Filmation figures (which after 30 years, we finally have). I have no nostalgia for Vintage POP (and Filmation POP)....but since buying BP She-Ra & Swiftwind DOS 2011....I really like them now, and have a huge place in my collection for most of them. And Sea Hawk would have been awesome if he only had a vest instead of bloated armor, but all in all, he still looks good. What I really want is Filmation Hordak done show accurate at least the skin / suit and boots color and correct non Vintage cartoon head.

I can totally live without NA and Son of He-Man, and 200X is bearable story wise, not the character designs or the shows animation.

But don't get me wrong, there are Vintage MOTU figures I could totally live without as well, like Blast Attack, Stonedar & Rokkon, the Spinner guys, Squeeze, Rio Blast....etc....all I need and really want of what's left is Dragstor. Just because I love Filmation and love Vintage MOTU, doesn't mean I want them all.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Faker 32828, I'm with you, my friend.

I, of course, want to see the completion in Classics of Vintage MOTU and PoP, as well as NA. Also, I'm hoping to see a few 200X characters and variants as well, and anything from comics, storybooks, concept art, animation, movies, and such is welcome in my collection.

I'm REALLY hoping to see the line last long enough to get some good He-Ro: Son of He-Man characters. Dare/He-Ro is a must, as is Skeleteen (or whatever he ends up being known as!). King He-Man needs his Queen Teela and I am loving the UNO figure! I am SO happy it didn't turn out to be a Horde Prime-type, overlarge, all-too-typical looking monster man/demon/wraith/whatever like some seem to have wanted. Having the villain of the next chapter (and from a few chapters in between!) be an unlikely, smaller, less obvious choice is perfect to me.

So yes, bring it all on!~
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

A cross selection of most from all of the above would be my preference.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

vintage and new adventures would be my selfish ideal version of MOTUC

Heroic Warrior
    First, I've ALWAYS loved the vintage line. As a kid I had almost all of them. As far as pop, the only one I had was bow, didn't care about any others. New Adventures, I was so disappointed in these. really. And that's putting it nicely. As I've ALMOST caught up the entire line, a few things changed. I really like both of these factions now. In this line. I'm still not into vintage pop or na, but they didn't fit in to the he-man I knew and loved. These do. I'm tired of listening to people complain about too much of this faction or too much of that. If you're into either of those in the vintage format, more power to you, I'm not. BUT the motuc versions, I'll take all I can get.
    Precisely my stance here- regardless of former faction/line/version, Classics are the perfect way to tie 'em all together.
    Thirteen months ago, I only wanted vintage Classics- till I saw the PoP and NA characters. Now I'm in, one hundred percent, for all of 'em!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE