View Poll Results: Would you accept Bravestarr characters in MOTUC?

Voters
275. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would accept them

137 49.82%
  • No, under no circumstances

96 34.91%
  • Maybe, if they looked ok

42 15.27%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you accept Bravestarr in MOTUC

Hybrid View

Would you accept Bravestarr in MOTUC

This question is not if you want Bravestarr characters but would you accept them if the were introduced in to MOTUC?

They have an obvious connection to Rio Blast and according to Emiliano....;

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Bravestarr was a concept developed by Filmation in collaboration with Mattel.
    (and on a side not, part of the concept was to make it a spin-off of MOTU).

The 2 companies had a close relationship back then but the idea definitely started at Filmation.
    I don't know if Mattel kept any rights to the toys, but the concept in probably entirely in the hands of the Filmation library owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Wasn't a crossover planned back in the day? I think I read something about that somewhere but don't remember where.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    No, no crossover planned, but the whole Bravestarr concept originated at Filmation as another He-Man spinn-off.
    He-Man was supposed to appear at the beginning of the series and be the inspiration for Bravestarr to become a Marshall (or something like that, I'd need to reread the documents)
    ...there was meant to be more of a connection. So would you accept them if the were somehow incorporated into MOTUC, either as a sub line or a run of exclusives?

Sure why nit, I enjoyed the cartoon and had some of the figs as a kid.
    SUPPORTING THE NEW ADVENTURES OF HE-MAN 110%

No MOTU isn't a Western!

I'm not fond of characters that are too close of what our world is such as Rio-Blast or Ninjor, so I can't imagine Bravestarr characters n MOTU and I would not accept them... Hope I will never be forced to.

Sure, Rio Blast needs buddies to do the lone gun-man thing with!

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

a Muppet of a man...
    I wouldn't mind seeing Bravestarr himself, maybe as an exclusive of some sort (sub seems best to me), but I wouldn't really care for any other characters from that line.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Sure, I would accept them.

But... why would Bravestarr-fans have to accept that?? :| Bravestarr is a perfectly fine character and property in itself, why not instead hope for a revamp of the actual Bravestarr-line, instead of being a spin-off to He-man??

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Khror View Post
    No MOTU isn't a Western!

I'm not fond of characters that are too close of what our world is such as Rio-Blast or Ninjor, so I can't imagine Bravestarr characters n MOTU and I would not accept them... Hope I will never be forced to.
    It just another Spin-Off.
    What factors decide if Snakemen, Rock People & Meteorbs, New Adventures, POP, POG are related to MOTUC or to a separate toyline? MATTEL decide. It just an enterprise decision. All this lines can be MOTUC or not, it just a commercial choice.

So Im in favor to include Bravestarr. The toyline have cool designs, they can fit in MOTUC (just because a character like Rio Blast exists, in other case Ill say NO, but he is the connection between 2 worlds. Is Rio Blast the only cowboy in Eternia? I donīt believe it).
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    It just another Spin-Off.
    What factors decide if Snakemen, Rock People & Meteorbs, New Adventures, POP, POG are related to MOTUC or to a separate toyline? MATTEL decide. It just an enterprise decision. All this lines can be MOTUC or not, it just a commercial choice.

So Im in favor to include Bravestarr. The toyline have cool designs, they can fit in MOTUC (just because a character like Rio Blast exists, in other case Ill say NO, but he is the connection between 2 worlds. Is Rio Blast the only cowboy in Eternia? I donīt believe it).
    It makes a difference to me to try to implement a complete universe in another one completely different and adding a character then building his story in an existing universe.

Snakemen were created for MOTU, their story is part of the MOTU from the start whereas Bravestarr isn’t.
    Maybe if from the start Bravestarr characters were added to the MOTU such as rock people were, it would be logical to accept them. But since they have now their own universe and story, they can’t be added to the MOTU easily and logically... Or if yes then the door would be opened to anything…
    Prepare to see a pool with Maybe Ben-10 or the gargoyles

For example, I love the ThunderCats but I would prefer them to stay away from the MOTU and vice versa

As I said before, MOTU isn’t a Western... and I would add I don’t like Rio-Blast just as I don’t like Ninjor because they are IMO from a different style-world than MOTU... our world.
    Last edited by Khror; July 28, 2010 at 07:36am.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    I think he would be a worthy addition to MOTUC. Marketing wise, it would probably help increse sales of the Bravestarr DVDs, so why not?

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I'd love to see a couple Bravestarr characters in MOTUC!

Snakemen were created for MOTU, their story is part of the MOTU from the start whereas Bravestarr isn’t.
    As others have stated Bravestarr actually originated as a spinoff of MOTU. While it was never mentioned in any of the released media, it is in some ways as much a part of MOTU as Gygor, Vikor or Demo-Man. It would also give us a richer backstory for Rio-Blast (who originally could've been a crossover concept, for all I know).

For example, I love the ThunderCats but I would prefer them to stay away from the MOTU and vice versa
    The difference is that Thundercats didn't originate at the same companies as an MOTU spinoff.
    Last edited by Battle_Brak; July 28, 2010 at 01:14pm.
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

GI Joe & Tranformers came together well in comics. Matt Trakker of M.A.S.K was given a GI Joe Figure. Aliens & Predator. DC vs Marvel. DC vs MOTU figure packs. Mash ups work well.

Bravestarr is Filmation. MOTUC is Filmation. Bravestarr is sci-fi/sorcery, MOTU is sci-fi/sorcery. So why not Bravestarr? Is it such a far fetched idea to think they can both exist in the same universe?

If given the choice between Bravestarr, or Mo-Larr, Ooo-Lar, Vikor or whatever other lame variant He-Man they can throw out there, I'd take an awesome updated Space Marshall with his trusty Techno-Horse steed. Bring it!

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I'd accept Bravestarr in MOTUC in a second.

I'd love a Bravestarr....why not? The more figures the better

58% is still a better result than I thought it would be. I guess the recent introduction of PoP, NA and concept/prototype figures to MOTUC (even though that is what the mission statement has been since the beginning) has made collectors more open minded

Yes but only one or two figures ie Bravestarr and Tex Hex. I've always thought of a strong connection between the two properties because of the whole Rio Blast angle. Plus like others have stated just read the series bible and you'll see there was a possible link between the two.

A one shot would be awesome, kind of like GI Joe did with M.A.S.K.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

i have a full bravestarr collection as well, so for any reason to see him in toy form again would be awesome. Espically 30/30.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    I would not mind a Tex Hex.

I never had any Bravestarr toys as a kid but I just looked at them online. It's weird that they are so much better looking than not only the NA toys, but a lot of the later MOTU toys as well. I think I might try & collect the line when I find the time, money, and space at my house.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Oh definitely!

Vipra should hook-up with Kobra Khan and a Teela vs. Judge JB battle is also good!

In my canon, Bravestarr universe exists with the MOTU/POP universe as well an they can do a crossover anytime they please.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I'm assuming everyone here posting YES!!! Love Rio Blast as well!
    That's pretty promising because the majority is in favor of Bravestarr figures in MOTUC in this poll so far!

I would love Bravestarr figures in MOTUC or in a similar style/similar series!
    The old toys are awesome, but sadly out of scale with pretty much all the other toys. They tower all my action figures at 8"! So in-scale Bravestarr figures would be like a dream come true.

I'd also love to have Galaxy Rangers figures added.
    They make even more sense bio/canon wise since the Galaxy Rangers travel to so many different galaxies across the universe!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Heroic Warrior
    I don't want much.

I would like Bravestarr... Thrity-thirty... and the main bad guy.

I would be annoyed if the whole cast started flooding Eternia... but one or two of the most important characters could be awesome!

Same with Blackstar. I'd like Blackstar and his mega-evil, but nobody else... I can accept them being in the same universe... but don't want the toys...

Movie mayhem!
    I think a 3-4 pack of these would be a cool one time thing. I don't think multiple sku's should be taken up though. I think it could a cool thing for a con though.

i don't really have any connection to these. they should be a separate line, but not part of motuc.

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    In the past, BraveStarr was an own, separate toyline that had nothing to do with MotU. Why should this be different nowadays? I think BraveStarr characters should keep as individual as the toyline they belong to. There's no occasion of integrating BraveStarr into MotUC in my canon.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I voted no. I loved BS as a kid, but he's not MOTU, so why put him in? If we're going to do that, why not add Cheetara from Thundercats and Mandrake from Defenders of the Earth in whilst we're at it. I don't see why anyone would even think about it.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"