View Poll Results: Would you accept Bravestarr characters in MOTUC?

Voters
275. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would accept them

137 49.82%
  • No, under no circumstances

96 34.91%
  • Maybe, if they looked ok

42 15.27%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you accept Bravestarr in MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    It just another Spin-Off.
    What factors decide if Snakemen, Rock People & Meteorbs, New Adventures, POP, POG are related to MOTUC or to a separate toyline? MATTEL decide. It just an enterprise decision. All this lines can be MOTUC or not, it just a commercial choice.

So Im in favor to include Bravestarr. The toyline have cool designs, they can fit in MOTUC (just because a character like Rio Blast exists, in other case Ill say NO, but he is the connection between 2 worlds. Is Rio Blast the only cowboy in Eternia? I donīt believe it).
    It makes a difference to me to try to implement a complete universe in another one completely different and adding a character then building his story in an existing universe.

Snakemen were created for MOTU, their story is part of the MOTU from the start whereas Bravestarr isn’t.
    Maybe if from the start Bravestarr characters were added to the MOTU such as rock people were, it would be logical to accept them. But since they have now their own universe and story, they can’t be added to the MOTU easily and logically... Or if yes then the door would be opened to anything…
    Prepare to see a pool with Maybe Ben-10 or the gargoyles

For example, I love the ThunderCats but I would prefer them to stay away from the MOTU and vice versa

As I said before, MOTU isn’t a Western... and I would add I don’t like Rio-Blast just as I don’t like Ninjor because they are IMO from a different style-world than MOTU... our world.
    Last edited by Khror; July 28, 2010 at 08:36am.

I think he would be a worthy addition to MOTUC. Marketing wise, it would probably help increse sales of the Bravestarr DVDs, so why not?

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I'd love to see a couple Bravestarr characters in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Khror View Post
    Snakemen were created for MOTU, their story is part of the MOTU from the start whereas Bravestarr isn’t.
    As others have stated Bravestarr actually originated as a spinoff of MOTU. While it was never mentioned in any of the released media, it is in some ways as much a part of MOTU as Gygor, Vikor or Demo-Man. It would also give us a richer backstory for Rio-Blast (who originally could've been a crossover concept, for all I know).

Quote Originally Posted by Khror View Post
    For example, I love the ThunderCats but I would prefer them to stay away from the MOTU and vice versa
    The difference is that Thundercats didn't originate at the same companies as an MOTU spinoff.
    Last edited by Battle_Brak; July 28, 2010 at 02:14pm.

I understand the argument of the spinoff. But at the end, it's not what Bravestarr became.

And dealing with the company, It's not because Barbie is a trademark of Mattel that it would be easier to accept to see one in MOTU... even if on the contrary Teela could .

On the other hand, the ThunderCats belong to the same universe theme as the MOTU, that’s why it could be easier to mix both grand together even if it’s not what I would like.

Anyway, I don't think a debate can really exist here. It seems to me it's more a matter of feeling than of arguments.

I am suprised there is so much of a positive acceptance to have Bravestarr as part of the MOTUC, currently at 65%

Until recently, I never even imagined Bravestarr to have any connection to MOTU but it is quite interesting to see there is.

As for Thundercats and MOTU, that was more of a fan dream to have 4H styled Thundercat figures. Thundercats has more connection to its own similar product, Silverhawks.

Isn't it just too bad we are not back in the early 2000's where everything was being connected with similar properties, Freddy vs Jason, Aliens vs Predator

GI Joe & Tranformers came together well in comics. Matt Trakker of M.A.S.K was given a GI Joe Figure. Aliens & Predator. DC vs Marvel. DC vs MOTU figure packs. Mash ups work well.

Bravestarr is Filmation. MOTUC is Filmation. Bravestarr is sci-fi/sorcery, MOTU is sci-fi/sorcery. So why not Bravestarr? Is it such a far fetched idea to think they can both exist in the same universe?

If given the choice between Bravestarr, or Mo-Larr, Ooo-Lar, Vikor or whatever other lame variant He-Man they can throw out there, I'd take an awesome updated Space Marshall with his trusty Techno-Horse steed. Bring it!

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I'd accept Bravestarr in MOTUC in a second.

I voted maybe because I'm not so ready to jump into the whole Bravestarr thing mainly because I never got much opportunity to get into that series as a kid. I know this is sort of a stupid cop out of getting interested in such a series, but I just never watched because it came on TV right around the time my mom picked me up from the babysitter and any little bit I saw of the show was the opening credits and the tail end of it.

If they are added as a connection to Rio Blast, (let's say he's also from a different planet to explain the horse that walks on two legs, talks and totes a shotgun/blaster) then I could get behind that and accept Bravestarr's presence in MOTUC.

Also, I'd be fine with Bravestarr and his crew ending up in MOTUC if it means they're able to acquire the FILMation MOTU characters for this toyline and other media.

I would jump on the wagon for a Bravestarr line, hoping he wouldn't be packaged MOTUC style. Maybe market him as an exclusive like others have stated. I am curious though, what packaging and logo would be use if this were to happen ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I am suprised there is so much of a positive acceptance to have Bravestarr as part of the MOTUC, currently at 65%
    Well the tide has changed and now it is only 59%

Come on you nay saying women. Bravestarr deserves some love. Its practically, and literally a motu spin off. Don't be hatin.
    Always in the market for Painted Backgrounds from the Filmation MOTU + She-Ra Toons, Bravestar, Blackstarr.

I'd love a Bravestarr....why not? The more figures the better

58% is still a better result than I thought it would be. I guess the recent introduction of PoP, NA and concept/prototype figures to MOTUC (even though that is what the mission statement has been since the beginning) has made collectors more open minded

You can take that as 70% as 12 % said maybe if they looked good. It's 4H would there be any doubt?

OH Yeaah! As Kool-Aid Man would say.

I'd love to see Bravestarr, 30-30, Tex Hex, Sandstorm, Handlebar, & Judge J.B., etc. as interpreted by the 4H.
    Up, Up, & Away!
    The Amazing Brian-Man of SpyMonkey Creations Inc.
    President & Founder of the Plundor Appreciation League

Yes but only one or two figures ie Bravestarr and Tex Hex. I've always thought of a strong connection between the two properties because of the whole Rio Blast angle. Plus like others have stated just read the series bible and you'll see there was a possible link between the two.

A one shot would be awesome, kind of like GI Joe did with M.A.S.K.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

i have a full bravestarr collection as well, so for any reason to see him in toy form again would be awesome. Espically 30/30.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    I would not mind a Tex Hex.

I never had any Bravestarr toys as a kid but I just looked at them online. It's weird that they are so much better looking than not only the NA toys, but a lot of the later MOTU toys as well. I think I might try & collect the line when I find the time, money, and space at my house.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I voted NO. I have zero interest in Bravestarr characters.

Given the history between the properties and if Mattel crafted the Bios to tie in with MOTUC's storyline (and yes, there is one; it's not hard to grasp, especially with that handy Narrative thread ), I would happily accept some of these guys (although I admit, I never saw the toon and know little of it!).
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I never saw the toon and know little of it!
    The whole TV series is on Hulu to watch for free.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Oh definitely!

Vipra should hook-up with Kobra Khan and a Teela vs. Judge JB battle is also good!

In my canon, Bravestarr universe exists with the MOTU/POP universe as well an they can do a crossover anytime they please.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I'm assuming everyone here posting YES!!! Love Rio Blast as well!
    That's pretty promising because the majority is in favor of Bravestarr figures in MOTUC in this poll so far!

I would love Bravestarr figures in MOTUC or in a similar style/similar series!
    The old toys are awesome, but sadly out of scale with pretty much all the other toys. They tower all my action figures at 8"! So in-scale Bravestarr figures would be like a dream come true.

I'd also love to have Galaxy Rangers figures added.
    They make even more sense bio/canon wise since the Galaxy Rangers travel to so many different galaxies across the universe!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Wait I thought this vote was for Black Star NOT Bravestarr! D'oh!

Seriously though a little space western could fit in with the space fantasy of Eternia. Though I rather we were talking about Black Star.