View Poll Results: Would you accept Bravestarr characters in MOTUC?

Voters
275. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would accept them

137 49.82%
  • No, under no circumstances

96 34.91%
  • Maybe, if they looked ok

42 15.27%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you accept Bravestarr in MOTUC

i would couse i think bravestarr should have a comeback but i belive that bravestarr is strong enough to be on his own but if they want to add him in he-mans world then ill be cool with that two couse bravestarr was hella cool ill roll with bravestarr but it would lead you to wonder what other superhero friends he-man hanged with and would let join his clicq?

Hope we'll get Bravestarr any time soon, be it in Motuc or as a separate line.

I want an awesome Thirty Thirty this time with a nice Sarah-Jane not that crappy horse from the 80's with that awful looking gun

I'm all for diversity but this is a step too far for me. No, not at all.

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    I'd not only accept but WELCOME it........ Bring on the Marshall and Thirty-Thirty.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't want much.

I would like Bravestarr... Thrity-thirty... and the main bad guy.

I would be annoyed if the whole cast started flooding Eternia... but one or two of the most important characters could be awesome!

Same with Blackstar. I'd like Blackstar and his mega-evil, but nobody else... I can accept them being in the same universe... but don't want the toys...

Court Magician
    I'll go one better than accept them, I want to buy them. The more new 4H figures, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    This question is not if you want Bravestarr characters but would you accept them if the were introduced in to MOTUC?
    Based on your criteria I dont think this is a "fair" poll.

I voted yes, I'd accept them. But what would "not" accepting them mean? That I'd not buy the line? I'd burn all my other MOTUC?

Because I wouldnt want Bravestarr in MOTUC, I wouldnt buy them if they were offered. But I would "accept" it, because if I dont like it, I dont have to buy it. And if I had a sub, I could sell anyone I dont want.

I think it does matter if you want it, because to "not accept" something seems alittle vague here.

Frankly, I'd much rather have Blackstar. BLACKSTAR! That's what I'd "Accept" in MOTUC!

Joke or not, there's even a Blackstar statue in Filmation, come on already, give me Blackstar Classics!

As for Bravestarr? Too much, deserves it's own line.

Movie mayhem!
    I think a 3-4 pack of these would be a cool one time thing. I don't think multiple sku's should be taken up though. I think it could a cool thing for a con though.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    not bravestarr no way.

I liked Bravestarr, I really liked Thirty-Thirty, that was a bad (a**) horse, not sure about it being in the MOTUC though, needs to be it's own line....although the similarity to Ro Blast would somewhat make it fit....but where exactly would it fit in bio wise...I really don't think it would.

I am not giving this up. I want Bravestarr in MOTUC

No thank you. I'll take Rio Blast anyday.

why does he need to be in MOTUC? let's finish this line...and then make demands for bravestarr to get the classics treatment as a separate line.

i love bravestarr...the cartoon, the figures, everything...but he deserves better than to just piggyback on another line...a line that still has plenty of figures that we're waiting for, without gumming up the works and spending tooling money on trying to include non-motu characters in motu (regardless of the original intent).

and in regards to ninjor...i don't see him as any closer to our world than a bunch of medieval european inspired warriors, as the majority of the motu cast are.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Man View Post
    why does he need to be in MOTUC?
    Because it is a nice wink to the history of MOTU. I honestly don't think Bravestarr has a big enough fanbase to support it's own line

Quote Originally Posted by Peace Crusher View Post
    No, under no circumstances.

On the other hand...I would love to have a Bravestarr "Classics" type toyline.
    The right answer! Make 'em I'd buy 'em but not buy it in the MOTU Universe.

Yet if you wanted to do one of those crazy geek crossovers, I can sure see how it can be done and with exactly which characters as well.
    Last edited by Nemisythe; May 1, 2013 at 01:06pm.

Snappy Threader
    I would welcome him for sure. I welcome any character. Makes it interesting for me.

i don't really have any connection to these. they should be a separate line, but not part of motuc.

Sorceress Supreme Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    In the past, BraveStarr was an own, separate toyline that had nothing to do with MotU. Why should this be different nowadays? I think BraveStarr characters should keep as individual as the toyline they belong to. There's no occasion of integrating BraveStarr into MotUC in my canon.

Bravestarr I wouldn't mind at all in MOTUC however if I had to choose another Mattel toyline (owned by them or not) to crossover with MOTUC I would like to see Mighty Max or Captain Power.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I voted no. I loved BS as a kid, but he's not MOTU, so why put him in? If we're going to do that, why not add Cheetara from Thundercats and Mandrake from Defenders of the Earth in whilst we're at it. I don't see why anyone would even think about it.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Outside the sub, i would buy a few.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    I'd accept Bravestarr in anything, because I like the bloke - though Mattel own at least a few toys that would better fit the MOTU universe - Manglors, The Krusher, Suckerman. I completely get why people wouldn't want him or any of his guys in the actual line because, well, we still don't have all the actual He-Man characters yet but I wouldn't turn down the chance to have a Bravestarr, ever.

I was a huge fan of Bravestarr as a kid but I wouldn't want to see those figures as part of this line. They do deserve their own reboot maybe, but I don't think MOTU needs to be borrowing characters and mythos from other properties. The figures would be awesome though I am sure.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior
    How have nearly 3 years gone by and I've never seen this thread? Anyway...

Yes, yes, YES to Bravestarr in MOTUC. If a Bravestarr line could survive on it's on or even after the MOTUC line ended, I'd say give it it's on line. But when it comes to adult collectors buying toys, a lot of the time it seems they must be "tricked" into accepting new concepts. By including them in MOTUC and it's canon (which I honostly believe should be done anyway), a lot of hardcore factionists will feel "forced" to accept them. Whenever that happens, it seems more often than not, these folks realize the new concept might be pretty cool. Sometimes they even start to like it.

You don't fight alone brother.

Heroic Warrior
    Um... nah. Seperate line? Hell yeah.