View Poll Results: Would you accept Bravestarr characters in MOTUC?

Voters
275. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would accept them

137 49.82%
  • No, under no circumstances

96 34.91%
  • Maybe, if they looked ok

42 15.27%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Would you accept Bravestarr in MOTUC

Heroic Warrior
    Dual Bravestarr Thread Manuver!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I would love a Bravestarr/Tex Hex two pack done up in MOTUC style!!!

Bravestarr could be Rio Blast's tag team partner. The New Texas Tag Team Champions!!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I voted, "No" because I wouldn't accept Bravestarr characters in MOTUC. But I would have no problem with the single character Bravestarr himself as long as he didn't take a slot from an actual He-Man character.

Masters of the Universe is not a Western.

No I would not. No connection. I don't even accept NA in MOTU. Both for the same reasons. Simple....they're not MOTU.

Heroic Warrior Wundar_Grayskull's Avatar
    I would accept Bravestarr himself, but the rest I don't know if I would go that far.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Bravestarr could be connected to Rio Blast iwithout seeming crammed in. It would be hreat to see this character again, same for John Blackstar.

I wouldn't mind one or two, like Bravestarr, Tex Hex and Thirty-Thirty. I can see them sharing the same universe (just very distantly) if you tie in Queen Marlena's Earth origin from being the Earth in the Bravestarr series. The oddly retro-Victorian/Steampunk-ish England Earth they had in that two parter that was set as a Sherlock Holmes pilot.

OH YES YES YES! Mattel needs to make good on the Judge JB figure that never happened and I sooooo need a Vipra figure!

If anyone is into Thundercats, wasn't that an awesome easter egg in the 2011 series with a nod to both SilverHawks and TigerSharks. I was hoping that would eventually turn into something.

We need more companies with the balls to make some of these old retro 80s dreams come true, like Bif Bang Pow or NECA. I'm still waiting for my Bucky O'Hare First Mate Jenny figure.

I'd be down for this. I liked Bravestarr, and remember having him and Tex Hex. I'm sure it wouldn't happen, but i'd buy into it if it did. Maybe a mini-sub on the horizon?

Odd really considering I never liked Rio Blast...
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out my band, CRUSADER http://crusaderwarmachine.bandcamp.c...rd-into-battle

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderkill View Post
    I'd be down for this. I liked Bravestarr, and remember having him and Tex Hex. I'm sure it wouldn't happen, but i'd buy into it if it did. Maybe a mini-sub on the horizon?

Odd really considering I never liked Rio Blast...
    Yeah, I think mini-sub is the best way to go. Emphasis on "mini", I can't see this surviving beyond the core casts and a few of the more visually interesting and easier to mix into MOTUC characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderkill View Post
    Maybe a mini-sub on the horizon?
    That would be awesome! I'd love an 'Outsiders' mini Sub with BRAVE STARR, BLACKSTAR, and whatever else.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Heroic Warrior
    I voted maybe only because they HAVE to be the same size and quality (4H), but I'd love to see these- especially the female judge, just make sure her ridiculous hat is removable!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Heroic Warrior Zodak's new shoes's Avatar
    I could go for this, but I want Blackstar more, it fits MOTU a lot better.
    Satma needs to happen. I will mow your lawn for life, Scott.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm still all for Bravestarr in MOTUC. Both MOTU and Bravestarr are Mattel properties and both had Filmation cartoons of which the aesthetics matched exactly. It's not too far-fetched to assume Eternia, Etheria, and New Texas are in the same universe. Giving MOTUC an actual universe for someone to be a "Master of" makes the property(s) so much cooler and gives that ridiculously pretentious title more credibility.

As for Blackstar- he's cool. But being a former Galoob (not in the "Mattelverse") toyline in which who-knows-who owns the rights to now, that's a pipedream best to let go.

No x 1000. I have no use for things that aren't Masters of the Universe in my Masters of the Universe Classics toyline. Shoehorning in characters from completely seperate properties is a terrible idea. Talk about wasted slots... using them on non MOTU stuff pretty much defines 'wasted slots'.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Heroic Warrior Zodak's new shoes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post

As for Blackstar- he's cool. But being a former Galoob (not in the "Mattelverse") toyline in which who-knows-who owns the rights to now, that's a pipedream best to let go.
    Blackstar is part of the Filmation catalog and the permissions to produce it are as easy to obtain as was the other Filmation characters.
    Satma needs to happen. I will mow your lawn for life, Scott.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    I would accept them, and gladly!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior CapricornDefender's Avatar
    I would gladly buy any and every Bravestarr figure produced, if it was a separate line, and more cost effective than MOTUC. As others have stated, shoehorning in other characters is a bad idea.

Maybe Scott and his crack team of designers could produce some samples and weigh interest. Bravestarr has a huge fan base.
    Bugul Noz: The Glorious Hunter
    "So why Oo-Lar? The answer is simple. We really couldn't afford to put boots on He-Man, or sculpt exciting new bracers or armor components. We're just too broke. In a first for any figure- bare feet."