Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To Mattel/Toyguru: The "Defend Your Favorite Dropped Characters" Thread

To Mattel/Toyguru: The "Defend Your Favorite Dropped Characters" Thread

This thread is for folks who want to try to convince Mattel that their favorite dropped character(s) in the He-Man.org polls deserves to be on the 2016 roadmap.

VARIANT TALLSTAR

SUMMARY OF MAJOR GOALS

• To try to convince Mattel that the saturated-colors Tallstar variant in the 1987 American Mattel Toys Catalog deserves to be part of the 2016 line-up. Every year, there are one or more slots dedicated to figures that fans were not expecting. I don't anticipate that 2016 will be any different, and am hoping Tallstar can fit in somewhere.
    • To try to dissuade Mattel from allowing the volatile mood surrounding the release of The Star Sisters 3-pack in 2012 to color their decision on this matter.
    • To humbly request that alternative points-of-view and input beyond the He-Man.org Character Selecton Playoff polls be taken into consideration when planning 2016.

OPENING STATEMENT

In retrospect, one of the most exciting things about the Masters of the Universe Classics to me, was Mattel including the fans from the get-go and instilling this idea that even "Joe Average" individual fan could impact decisions regarding the line if they were able to generate enough of a following for certain ideas. Within months of the Classics line being announced, I sprung into action to campaign for The Star Sisters (from the American Mattel Toys Catalog), and over time and through hard work built one of the strongest followings on these boards for a character or characters.

As the years passed and after we got a 3-pack of Star Sisters magazine poster variants that nobody had really asked for, I realized that, sadly, "Joe Average" individual fan doesn't really have an equal voice in this line for some reason. More often than not, it seems to me that you have to be some sort of professional artist-fan, hand picked by Mattel, or someone with a direct relationship/friendship with Mattel/The Four Horsemen, past or present, in order for your contributions to be taken seriously and impact the line.

So today I am asking Mattel, and more specifically Toyguru, to listen to someone who is merely a passionate fan of the toys and who contributes in a different way than the aforementioned people. Toyguru specifically, because I think he can sort of relate to where I'm coming from, what with him having to defend his contributions at times and not really being an artist per say. But I digress...
    Although I feel all of the Star Sisters deserve variant releases, I think it will be easier to focus on my favorite of three, as that is only one slot.

WHY MATTEL SHOULD IGNORE PAST NEGATIVITY RELATING TO THE STAR SISTERS

1. Two words. King Grayskull. When King Grayskull made his debut in the 2003 episode, "The Power of Grayskull", there was a similar mixed response/backlash. Even though King Grayskull's story was set in Eternia's past, I recall that many folks were livid because they felt he and Battle Lion overshadowed He-Man and Battle Cat. But look how far King Graykull has come since this time! Mattel didn't blacklist him. Not only is he a significant part of the bios (and soon to be DC Comics), but he also got a giant-sized statue at SDCC AND multiple variants.

2. The Star Sister were part of a first-of-its-kind expensive 3-pack. Please don't hold this against them. Athough a few people still hold on to the anger over the price-point etc., I think what the fan base has shown time and time again over the years, is that many opinions can change at the drop of a hat when there's a tangible figure put in front of them, or if a character or characters are presented in an appealing way and/or their availibility is limited. (i.e. Spirit of Hordak.) Heck, even though it's been said that NA is the lowest selling faction, a lot of people who previously weren't THAT passionate about these characters are now willing to roll the dice that they'll be able to help sell the 2016 subscription.

3. Zodak and Green Goddess. Originally it was stated that 2009 bonus figures Zodak and Green Goddess (who were said to be created as backups) didn't perform well enough in sales to continue outside-of-the-subscription bonus figures beyond what was already on the schedule. The point? Conventional wisdom should have dictated that maybe it wasn't such a good idea to include Strobo outside of the subscription, seeing as how he's another Cosmic Enforcer derived from Zodac (with some Sy-Klone parts). Since Zodak didn't sell through the roof, chances were pretty high that Strobo wouldn't either. However, not only did Mattel find a spot for Strobo as a traveling convention figure, they also included significantly more newly tooled items with him. Green Goddess hasn't been blacklisted either due to her sales. She will be appearing in an upcoming DC Comic, albeit with a new design.

WHAT ELSE MAKES VARIANT TALLSTAR DESERVING OF A FIGURE?

I think she's on par with the multiple Cosmic Enforcers (new or otherwise) that get to be part of the line or at least have a really good shot at it. Variant Tallstar is in a unique position, in that she can always be released as a completely new character using one of her working names: Expandra or Telescopa. And since Tallstar was part of the exension line for Princess of Power and the original origin story by Jon Seisa was Eternia-based, I think this would automatically elevate her in the eyes of management. I remember that Toyguru said he brought Illumina to management's attention twice and they thought it was better to go with characters that were rooted in vintage MOTU. (i.e. Demo-Man) Tallstar has that connection due to the original origin story.

HISTORY OF THE STAR SISTERS PART 1
    http://www.he-man.org/resources/archive.php?id=950
    HISTORY OF THE STAR SISTERS PART 2
    http://www.he-man.org/resources/archive.php?id=952
    HISTORY OF THE STAR SISTERS PART 3
    http://www.he-man.org/resources/archive.php?id=952

SOME SHOWS OF SUPPORT FOR TALLSTAR (WILL PROVIDE MORE UPON REQUEST)

'Pick Your Top 15 Variants Nominations Thread'

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ck-your-top-15
    93 - Filmation Hordak
    79 - Terror Claws Skeletor
    68 - Snake Armor He-Man
    67 - Flying Fists He-Man
    65 - MYP 200X Sorceress
    55 - Ice Armor He-Man
    53 - 87 Movie Skeletor
    53 - 87 Movie God Skeletor
    49 - Starburst She-Ra
    49 - 200X King Hssss
    48 - Standard NA Skeletor (Wave 1)
    44 - Laser Light Skeletor
    44 - 87 Movie He-Man
    42- Laser Power He-Man
    42 - 200X Teen Prince Adam
    40 - Camo Khan
    39 - Mini-comics Green Trap Jaw
    38 - Filmation Clawful
    38 - Filmation Tung Lashor
    36 - POP Standard Toy Version Catra
    35 - 200X Roboto (with outer armor)
    34 - Mini-comic Slime Pit He-Man
    33 - Mini-comic Red Beastman
    33 - Mini-comics “naked” Stratos
    33 - MYP 200X Cloak & Dagger Evil-Lyn
    33 - MYP 200X Queen Marlena in battle armor
    33 - 87 Movie Evil-Lyn
    33 - POP Star Sister Tallstar (prototype version)
    29 - Disk of Doom Skeletor (Wave 2)
    29 - Filmation Pre-Shadow Weaver “Light Spinner” (Filmation)
    28 - Buzz Saw Hordak
    28 - MYP 200X Captain Randor (battle helmet version with green cape)
    26 - Filmation Count Marzo
    25 - 200X Teen Teela
    25 - Shower Power Catra
    24 - MYP 200X Battle Armor Randor
    23 - Blue Vest Prince Adam (80s DC comics mini-series)
    23 - Earl Norem King Hiss Snake Form (US MOTU Magazine poster)
    23 - POP Star Sister Jewelstar (prototype version)
    22 - Cardback Colors Ram-Man
    22 - Mini-comics Tri-Klops
    21 - Snake Teela
    20 - Scratchin' Sound Catra
    20 - NA Mini-comics Sorceress
    18 - NA Prince Adam (Jetlag)
    18 - POP Star Sister Starla (prototype version)
    18 - Filmation Magestra (Evil-Lyn in disguise)
    17 - MYP 200X Old Man Marzo
    16 - Force Captain Adora from the UK comics (blue Horde suit)
    16 - NA Sorceress (Jetlag)
    16 - Filmation Multibot
    15 - MYP 200X Snake Mekaneck
    15 - POP Toy Version Entrapta
    15 - Fire Armor Skeletor
    14 - POP Toy Version Queen Angella
    14 - Crash Landing Marlena Glenn (white space suit)
    13 - MYP 200X King Randor (regular version)
    13 - MOTUC mini-comics Sorceress Teela
    12 - NA Teela (Jetlag)
    12 - Medieval style Palace Guards (as seen in Danger at Castle Grayskull book and record)
    12 - MOTUC bios Karak Nul (pre-Scareglow)
    12 - New 52 DC Teela
    11- 87 Movie Teela
    11 - Mini-comics “Secret Liquid of Life” Teela
    10 - Leo Faker
    10 - POP Toy Version Glimmer
    10- POP Toy Version Castaspella
    10 - 87 Movie Man-At-Arms
    10 - 87 Movie Sorceress
    9 - 87 Movie Beast Man
    9 - MYP 200X Queen Marlena in white dress
    9 - Preternia Lord of Zelesia (Pre-Faceless One aka MOTUC Nikolas Powers)
    9 - New 52 DC He-Man (yellow cross)
    9 - New 52 DC He-Man (new “Iron Man” armor)
    9 - Battle Blade Skeletor (Wave 4)
    9 - Mini-comics Crystal Man-at-Arms
    8 - Prototype Catra (red outfit)
    8 - Prototype Blade with mouthpiece
    8 - Mini-comics pink outfit Sorceress
    8 - Mini-comics pink outfit Teela
    8 - MYP 200X Siren (Evil-Lyn in disguise)
    7 - Skeletor (Repaint - "Disco")
    7 - Filmation Galen Nycroft (pre-Modulok)
    5 - Light Spinner - pre-Shadow Weaver – (UK comics)
    5 - Mini-comics colors Roboto
    5 - Prototype Blade with mouthpiece (yellow version from Star/Marvel Comics)
    5 - Filmation Adora in her nightgown from 'She-Ra Unchained'
    4- Faker in Prince Adam outfit (UK Comics)
    4 - MYP 200X Scuba Dive Teela
    4 - Thunder Punch He-Man (Wave 4)
    4 - Too-Tall Hoove (Wave 4)
    4 - Jungle Attack He-Man
    4 - New 52 DC Roboto
    4 - Filmation Hordak's mecha-suit from 'She-Ra Makes A Promise'
    3 - Filmation Harpy Sorceress from the episode 'To Save Skeletor'
    3 - Mini-comics old Randor
    3 - Spin Fist Hydron (Wave 4)
    3 - Hook Em Flogg (Wave 4)
    3 - Battle Sound Skeletor
    3 - Battle Punch He-Man (Wave 2)
    3- Ice Armor Skeletor
    2 - King Hiss from 80s Daily Newspaper Comic Strip
    2 - Sy-Klone (Repaint)
    2 - Wolf Armor He-Man
    2 - Skeletor (Repaint - "Blood")
    2 - Snake Armor Skeletor
    2 - Snake Crush Skeletor
    2 - Samurai Man-At-Arms
    2 - Battle Sound He-Man
    2- New 52 DC Evil-Lyn
    2 - New 52 DC Mer-Man
    2 - New 52 DC Teela new armored look
    1 - Missle Armor Flipshot (Wave 4)
    1 - Mecha-Blade He-Man
    1 - Mecha-Blade Skeletor
    1 - Samurai He-Man
    1 - Samurai Skeletor
    1 - Sky Strike Stratos
    1 - Claw Attack Stratos
    1 - Snake Hunter He-Man
    1 - Spin Blade Skeletor
    1 – Shield Strike He-Man
    1 - MYP 200X Scuba Dive Mekaneck
    1 - New 52 DC Man-At-Arms
    1 - New 52 DC Prince Randor
    1 - New 52 DC Skeletor
    0 - Battle Armor He-Man
    0 - Battle Armor Skeletor
    0 - Battle Glove Man-At-Arms
    0 - Beast Man (Repaint)
    0 - Trap and Smash Orko
    0 - Trapjaw (Repaint)
    0 -Tri-Klops (Repaint)
    0 - Two-Bad (Repaint)
    0 - Whiplash (Repaint)
    0 - Man-E-Faces (Repaint)
    0 - Martial Arts He-Man
    0 - Smash Blade He-man
    0 - Mega-Punch He-Man
    0 - Mekaneck (Repaint)
    0 - Mer-Man (Repaint)
    0 - Ram Man (Repaint)
    0 - Serpent Claw Man-At-Arms
    0 - Serpent Track Mekaneck
    0 - Mini-comics old Marlena
    0 - New 52 DC Sorceress
    0 - NA Queen Marlena (Jetlag)
    0 - New 52 DC Beast Man

Last edited by Tallstar; April 12, 2014 at 03:35pm.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I admire your passion.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    I admire your passion.
    I second that. But would also love a 30th anniversary retro pack. I mean, it's not like the COULDN'T make them. The could do limited release and sell retro figs on matty. She-ra, (because it's pop.) Then The star sisters and maybe a shadow weaver or vintage Scorpia (some character that never had a fig in the 80's.)
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Heroic Warrior
    I would be happy to see the Tallstar prototype colored variant. Would LOVE if her waist was expandable as originally intended. The animation color and lack of waist extension and thigh articulation also hurt the original release's favorability. Even the hair color was an unusual choice. Jewelstar would also benefit from a mulligan as she was originally intended to be more jagged in appearance, a ruby color and lack of her ability to look as if she could hide as a crystal. Rokkon and Stondar got a treatment that she did not. Starla is not on my radar as I'm not nearly as interested in her. I'm with Tallstar on Tallstar. I was extremely interested in the Star Sisters until I got them in hand and inspected them.

Oh, almost forgot to plug 200x MYP Evil-Lyn. Why did we get a repaint when we made it absolutely clear it was the unique tunic that was the main desire in the variant? This remind me of the 2000 era poll for the Teela the fans voted for (goddess cobra armored Teela) which lead to the Snake Teela no one at the time really was excited for when it initially happened. Sorry for the rant, but I think it's important to be perfectly clear and compare to other failures on potentially epic figures.
    Last edited by True Form; April 12, 2014 at 04:45pm. Reason: Had to correct my autocorrect :(
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and original here

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    CLOAK AND DAGGER EVIL-LYN

SUMMARY OF MAJOR GOALS
    • To fix what Battleground Evil-Lyn SHOULD have been.

OPENING STATEMENT
    Back in 2011, we got an Evil-Lyn variant that turned out to be the direct opposite of what fans were asking for -- A classicized version of 200X Evil-Lyn, who wore her OWN tunic, as seen in 200X and MYP. This time, Evil-Lyn wasn't a mere repaint of Teela with a new head, like she was originally. This was the whole point of asking for this variant.

Then something when horribly, horribly wrong.

We got the total opposite in Classics -- a repaint with a new alternate head, reversible bracers and cape. We've seen Mattel fix the "repaint factor" on various Vintage characters: Stinkor and Moss Man's original heads, by adding alternate heads. Clamp Champ's armor wasn't a repaint of Fisto's armor. Jitsu's armor is different than Randor's. Heck even Kobra Khan's gun wasn't a repaint of Zodac's gun, but where was that effort for Battleground Evil-Lyn at?

Was this Mattel being cheap? Did a figure go over budget, so Battleground Evil-Lyn got her tooling cut?

Upset fans took Mattel to task for it. Toyguru and Eric Treadaway explained that Battleground Evil-Lyn as a figure that was made because the new female buck with a waist twist wasn't created yet. They also threw a bone to those upset fans by saying that they could possibly revist Evil-Lyn in the future. Unfortunately, Classics might not have a future past 2016.

However, there is still time to fix what is seen as a major screw-up.

WHAT MAKES CLOAK AND DAGGER EVIL-LYN DESERVING OF A FIGURE?
    Point blank, Evil-Lyn is a major enough character to have her OWN appearance.

Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn does what Battleground Evil-Lyn was supposed to do, while giving us more display options for the character. While the snow cloak is a selling point, the main point is that C&D EL would have her CORRECT costume on. This variant preserves all the good stuff that Battleground Evil-Lyn brought to the table while bringing us something new (and in CANON) to the table.

Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn is similar to She-Ra 2.0, a variant where getting both versions makes the ULTIMATE 200X Evil-Lyn figure. Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn would be the exact same figure as Battleground Evil-Lyn 1.0, but would have these differences:

• 200X PURPLE leotard and skirt with waist swivel which matches the Faceless One (instead of the Teela leotard parts re-use). To make 200X Evil-Lyn, just add the Battleground Evil-Lyn helmeted head.
    • Removable Snow Cloak (instead of Filmation Cloak)
    • Snow Cloak Hood alternate head (instead of Unhelmeted Head)

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Regarding tall star .......Wow that's quite a write up, I personally don't care for the star sisters, but I'd support just so you got one,....
    Regarding Evil Lyn, .....yep,yep and yes please I'll take two,.....

For me I want a Oo-la ( for want of a proper name) I'm not sure how he's doing in the lineup, but if he's being dropped, count this as my support ,

Here's the pros:.....

He would provide the line with new bear feet,
    Give him the vintage head and the Alcala head that a lot of folk want,( the extra head would make up for the lack of weapons )
    He would provide the line with bear forearms,
    Give him his spear and BOOM instant awesome,
    ( if he was to be really well done, give him Fisto size biceps, and a new more beefy , muscular body)

The cons :..... There are none...see above
    Make it happen ToyGuru and I'll sent you a battle damaged Specktor head I'm doing
    Last edited by Zombihamma-AI; April 12, 2014 at 06:23pm.

I would like to see Jewelstar , in transparent glitter red plastic.

Heroic Warrior
    I admire your passion.
    "Passion" is not the word I would have chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    "Passion" is not the word I would have chosen.
    Oh... be nice.

It's way too easy to make fun of grown adults who play with toys!!!! LOL
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

I love the Star Sisters but to be serious... a lot dont like them and the prices went down very fast for this set on secondary market. They got a lot of negative post... so why should Mattel bring variants of figures which were in first release not popular enough??? Makes no sense.
    There are so many important figures left (also variants)...so why variants of figures which in first release not popular when they can make other which are more wanted?
    Dont get me wrong, I am a big POP Fan and I love the Star Sisters very very much... but to bring variants of them screams no success and makes no sense...
    Last edited by Firesoullove; April 12, 2014 at 07:03pm.

Filmation Mer-Man !!
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

Quote Originally Posted by Firesoullove View Post
    I love the Star Sisters but to be serious... a lot dont like them and the prices went down very fast for this set on secondary market. They got a lot of negative post... so why should Mattel bring variants of figures which were in first release not popular enough??? Makes no sense.
    Some of this is addressed in my opening post.

Your comments regarding after-market value also apply to some of the so-called "popular" characters/figures. There are other figures that are not holding their value on the after-market, so should all of those be written off for future use as well?

While there have been negative comments about The Star Sisters since their release (mostly about the cost of the set and the colors used), on at least 3 different ocassions Toyguru has stated that day-of sales went well on this 3-pack.

Moreover, when He-Man.org conducted a poll about the Star Sisters just prior to their release, 40% were looking forward to them, 20% were indifferent and 40% were not looking forward to them. A 40% unfavorable reaction isn't so bad, especially since it can be assumed that some of those people were not looking forward to them due to the cost of the set and colors used.

There have also been times where people have seemingly rallied around The Star Sisters. In this particular thread, almost 40% chose The Star Sisters over the Wind Raider when they were pitted against each other. (at the time of this post 49 people or 39.52% chose Star Sisters, while 75 or 60.48% went with the Wind Raider) Yes, I know some folks prefer figures over vehicles, but that percentage in favor of the Star Sisters is still pretty surprising considering past negativity and the iconic-ness of the Wind Raider.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...he-Wind-Raider

In my opinion, all of these things show that there could be some potential in a variant Tallstar release. Plus, as an added benefit, Mattel would get to re-use most or all of those unique Tallstar parts.

There are so many important figures left (also variants)...so why variants of figures which in first release not popular when they can make other which are more wanted?
    Dont get me wrong, I am a big POP Fan and I love the Star Sisters very very much... but to bring variants of them screams no success and makes no sense...
    The thing is, I don't believe Classics is only about slotting in the tip-top most popular items. I'm sure there are way more popular items than many of the NA characters, but does that mean the latter stuff should totally be excluded from 2016 and beyond?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    Regarding tall star .......Wow that's quite a write up, I personally don't care for the star sisters, but I'd support just so you got one,....
    Regarding Evil Lyn, .....yep,yep and yes please I'll take two,.....
    I admire your passion.
    Quote Originally Posted by illicitjedi View Post
    I second that. But would also love a 30th anniversary retro pack. I mean, it's not like the COULDN'T make them. The could do limited release and sell retro figs on matty. She-ra, (because it's pop.) Then The star sisters and maybe a shadow weaver or vintage Scorpia (some character that never had a fig in the 80's.)
    Thank you for the support.
    Last edited by Tallstar; April 12, 2014 at 09:44pm.

Quote Originally Posted by illicitjedi View Post
    I think the retro-pack has a much better chance than MOTUC revisiting the Star Sisters.

There's so much work and some great points in Tallstar's original post, but the Star Sisters' original release is seen as a total dog by resellers, fair or not. And we can't even get Matty to give us new versions of Beast-Man or Teela before 2016. I don't see MOTUC revisiting these characters, especially now at the 11th hour as the line is closing and they're trying to get to so many characters (POP characters especially) who haven't been released at all in this line.

I suspect you'll have to wait for a new cartoon (Wasn't Netflix talking about a new She-Ra cartoon?) to get a better version of the Star Sisters.
    Last edited by No-Ah; April 12, 2014 at 09:51pm.

I would plead a case for Kothos.

Kothos appeared in 2 of the better Filmation episodes, including the Witch and the Warrior. Kothos was a good nemesis for Evil Lyn, employed goblin army soldiers and would bring a desert magic carpet element to MOTUC.

He was a funny character - and ruthless. One of my favorite Filmation villains.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Filmation Mer-Man !!
    Yes, I want him too!!!
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List: FILMATION MER-MAN, Vultak, Peekablue, Laser-Light Skeletor, Hunga.

So with your % at org polls... The Star Sisters lost all the polls...40% is not much. And thats for the original release... a second release would bring less success than the first one. Like I said, I love my Star Sisters but... sorry again... to bring variants from characters which are not popular enough makes no sense. They would not sell.
    They lost also the current org poll for 2016.
    NA orginal charcaters like Tuskador and the other NA and also variants from main characters like Filmation Teela are more important and more wanted and need the few slots we have left in maybe only 2 years we will have for MotuC before it ends.
    Mattel will never bring the Star Sisters again when 100 other characters are more wanted.
    Very very very unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

Your comments...

- - - Updated - - -

So with your % at org polls... The Star Sisters lost all the polls...40% is not much. And thats for the original release... a second release would bring less success than the first one. Like I said, I love my Star Sisters but... sorry again... to bring variants from characters which are not popular enough makes no sense. They would not sell.
    They lost also the current org poll for 2016.
    NA orginal charcaters like Tuskador and the other NA and also variants from main characters like Filmation Teela are more important and more wanted and need the few slots we have left in maybe only 2 years we will have for MotuC before it ends.
    Mattel will never bring the Star Sisters again when 100 other characters are more wanted.
    Very very very unlikely.
    I don't follow your logic. Have you read my opening post?

The original Star Sisters release was a $60.00 first-of-its-kind 3-pack set that performed satisfactorily for Mattel. Variant Tallstar (what I'm asking for here) would be a single-carded figure priced significantly lower than that and would likely come with some extras that the original didn't have. They really can't be compared in this way.

If she was part of a 2016 subscription that was greenlit, of course she would sell. Plus, not all of the figures have day-of stock.

But Tallstar wouldn't necessarily have to be part of the subscription. There are other possible slots, such as the traveling convention figure and chase figure(s) slot. And if there were any concerns about this variant's sales-potential, Mattel could always pack in something highly desirable with her. I know some fans don't like when Mattel does this, however, packed-in bonus heads and/or Filmation artifacts are the reality of this line.

Furthermore, the poll in question was conducted during the height of the anger over getting an expensive 3-pack.

As for the current 2016 polls, Dynamo of Eternia brought up some good points:

The problem will polls that ask people to rank these very obscure and/or new characters from most wanted to least wanted is that it gives no real indication about just how much people actually want the figures that make it to the top. All that can be derived from it is that by comparison, the figures that get ranked higher are simply more wanted than (or not as unwanted as) those that are ranked lower. It doesn't necessarily translate into genuine high demand for those that top the list.
    In some thread around here recently I recall someone pointing out Geldor is not going for much on the secondary market and wondering how he could have won a fan poll to be a figure included in the line, and someone else pointed out how it wasn't so much his actual popularity that put him in the line, but rather him just being comparatively more popular than the other character options that were included in the vote.
    The same rational applies here.

Single carded or not, there is not enough demand for a second Tallstar.

Single carded or not, there is not enough demand for a second Tallstar.
    We've gotten many figures in Classics that never required a quantification of their popularity via a poll, etc. As I said in my opening post, pretty much every year there are one or more figures that the fan base wasn't expecting, so I don't see why Tallstar couldn't be one of those figures. This statement also applies here:

I think what the fan base has shown time and time again over the years, is that many opinions can change at the drop of a hat when there's a tangible figure put in front of them, or if a character or characters are presented in an appealing way and/or their availibility is limited. (i.e. Spirit of Hordak.) Heck, even though it's been said that NA is the lowest selling faction, a lot of people who previously weren't THAT passionate about these characters are now willing to roll the dice that they'll be able to help sell the 2016 subscription.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Honestly, all they have to do is take a variant Tallstar and make her a chase figure. It would be like a Christmas miracle to watch people who say she shouldn't get a second figure and they have no interest FREAK OUT when they miss her the first time she goes on sale.

As for the polls, I think their methodology is too flawed to draw any meaningful conclusions from.

I also think they will have little impact on the line in 2016. I think we have been seeing a good portion on 2016 in the Matty presentation for a while now. Throw in Dare and Skeleteen and latest mini comic characters and there you go. And I expect a combination of collector fatigue, costs, and disinterest to make 2016 the last year.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I don't follow your logic. Have you read my opening post?

The original Star Sisters release was a $60.00 first-of-its-kind 3-pack set that performed satisfactorily for Mattel. Variant Tallstar (what I'm asking for here) would be a single-carded figure priced significantly lower than that and would likely come with some extras that the original didn't have. They really can't be compared in this way.

If she was part of a 2016 subscription that was greenlit, of course she would sell. Plus, not all of the figures have day-of stock.

But Tallstar wouldn't necessarily have to be part of the subscription. There are other possible slots, such as the traveling convention figure and chase figure(s) slot. And if there were any concerns about this variant's sales-potential, Mattel could always pack in something highly desirable with her. I know some fans don't like when Mattel does this, however, packed-in bonus heads and/or Filmation artifacts are the reality of this line.

Furthermore, the poll in question was conducted during the height of the anger over getting an expensive 3-pack.

As for the current 2016 polls, Dynamo of Eternia brought up some good points:
    I realize this is something you want VERY badly and I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to get her, my only problem is I don't feel any of the star sisters varients belong in any more subscriptions. Make this figure an out of sub extra so that only those who really want her can purchase her instead of forcing everyone to take her when many may not want her and then are forced to try and sell it if they can unload it.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Tallstar you have my full support. People like us have been waiting for almost 30 years to see these characters in figure form. When we finally got them, justice was not done. As a POP fan I was VERY disappointed. I'd love to have MOTUC figures that look more like their prototype counterparts. Especially Tallstar. She got the short end of the stick.
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    While I like the Star Sisters that have come out, Tallstar has my support, so that he can get his variants.

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    Honestly, all they have to do is take a variant Tallstar and make her a chase figure. It would be like a Christmas miracle to watch people who say she shouldn't get a second figure and they have no interest FREAK OUT when they miss her the first time she goes on sale.
    I agree. This is probably the best way to sell variants of the Star Sisters. If you make something RARE and extremely hard to get, you create a demand, as we've seen with Spirit of Hordak.

Just throw it up on Matty without warning.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I also admire your passion, but at some point you just have to be realistic, accept the fact that what you want has been proven to not be what the majority of the fan base wants, and come to peace with the fact that the figure you want will never be made.
    At which point you can always consider the other options available to you, such as getting one of the many highly talented customisers out there to make you the figures you want.
    That way you get to have them in your collection without forcing them upon other collectors and potentially damaging sales of the line.

I desperately want a Filmation styled Leech but I realise that a C-list variant is extremely unlikely at this point and demand probably isn't strong enough so I am not getting my hopes up.
    If the line finishes and he is not made I will source a custom or attempt to make one myself.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Heroic Warrior
    The problem is this line will struggle to even get next year, and this thread for figures for 2016 and on for figures who aren't even moving on from the 1st round of a tournament style poll to see what the majority (granted this isn't the whole buying community, but probably the largest pool of voters ever) is selecting? It's great some fans are very passionate about particular characters or versions of but I don't see it happening. The fan base is becoming even more fractured as the major characters get eliminated and some are becoming increasingly satisfied with what has been made already. So as there is less that people will want or certain groups will want how likely is a full year of figures in 2016 and beyond? I've seen it with DCUC and I feel it is happening now in this line, 2015 will struggle to survive, and if they try to sell the same 12-16 figure sub model for 2016 I see it failing. Maybe it will succeed if they scale it back to 6 figures? But I just don't expect to see the figures eliminated in the 1st round of these polls ever as they aren't that desired and this line is closer to the end than many seem to be realizing.