Thread: Ra-Jar in MOTUC

Ra-Jar in MOTUC

Ra-Jar, a character designed by Angelia Pettus, is one of the runners up from Mattel's official 2012 Creat-A-Character contest! He was recently featured in the new mini comic packaged with the Classics Unnamed One figure, and is competing in Round 2. Give him your vote and show your support!

Last edited by AdultCollector; April 21, 2014 at 08:11pm.

Great custom! If it looks anything like that I'll be glad to have it.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

I'd love to get this guy, but I prefer him as a villain as seen in the new mini-comic.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I'd love to get this guy, but I prefer him as a villain as seen in the new mini-comic.
    Agreed.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    I actually disagree. Well, I don't truly know what the creator intended, but I love this bio written for him and I LOVE this figure. When I designed my character, I asked myself how the design at 80's Mattel would be approached:

-I always thought that it should fit the re-use of molds in new and creative ways.
    -New desired characters would be a different ethnicity for me, expanding the aesthetic diversification on the shelf.
    -The gimmick would be very much in-tune with that culture in a non-offensive and fun, toyetic way.
    -Would the gimmick be used or work if this was done in the 80's? Can the concept be "reverse-engineered?"

This toy is all that in spades. I am utterly enamored with it. The extra turban gems. The monkey. The clever use of Evil-Lyn's daggers, the Webstor backpack, and the Vikor Shield. THIS was how I approached my character, and Ra-Jar has that in spades. There is so much AMAZING with this character that I didn't notice before.

I, we, NEED this figure exactly as designed here, like, yesterday. Amazing how a custom figure can change my perception of the character. The art shown previously did nothing to evoke this yearning from me.

Which org member designed him? STELLAR job!

Ra-Jar at the top for me, love the design and idea. VOTE RA-JAR
    HAVES: MOSS MAN, ADORA, Mantenna, King Randor
    WANTS: Webstor
    Toyguru Collector Supreme posted December 12, 2013 "Can't understand what you are asking. Sorry."
    Toyguru Marketing Manager Mattel posted March 16, 2014 "Every great project from toys to movie and a TV usually need a fan base to support it and an "internal champion" that keeps it going through the system."

Its Not a custom. Its the original Design.��
    action features for action figures!

I would buy him in a heartbeat!!! Awesome looking character!!!

Hero or villain, I don't even care. I simply buy characters that look cool, and he is, by far, one of the coolest designs I have ever seen in years of collecting toys. MATTEL absolutely needs to make this fast.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; March 27, 2014 at 11:36pm.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Heroic Warrior
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    The plans of mattel are unfolding, they said they had plans for the runners up of the cac. So now start introducing the figures into the line. Maybe we are getting a mini sub of these guys next year to add more depth to this already great line. So I guess what im saying is yes make him good or evil.

Quote Originally Posted by mikerobertschamp View Post
    The plans of mattel are unfolding, they said they had plans for the runners up of the cac. So now start introducing the figures into the line. Maybe we are getting a mini sub of these guys next year to add more depth to this already great line. So I guess what im saying is yes make him good or evil.
    Can't blame them really - why have all these great designs relegated to the sidelines when they're all far better than the lousy figures Mattel designed themselves (with the exception of Draego-Man) for the 30th anniversary sub in 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    ... why have all these great designs relegated to the sidelines when they're all far better than the lousy figures Mattel designed themselves (with the exception of Draego-Man) ?
    Yep. Totally agree.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

MOTU fans have spoken! Ra-Jar tore through the competition to finish 2nd place in Poll#10 and will be competing in Week 7's Round 2 showdown! Show your support and help Ra-Jar come to Classics!

Last edited by AdultCollector; April 21, 2014 at 05:43pm.

I am safe with my room-guard

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Ra-Jar, a character designed by Angelia Pettus, is one of the runners up from Mattel's official 2012 Creat-A-Character contest! He was recently featured in the new mini comic packaged with the Classics Unnamed One figure, and is competing in Round 2. Give him your vote and show your support!

http://i.minus.com/iH67PK284QbDr.jpg

http://i.minus.com/ibimgHounqO2X1.jpg

http://i.minus.com/ibepsq7z6lcDgT.jpg

http://i.minus.com/i6b4RypQzKB1x.jpg
    Thank you for setting up a separate thread with pictures of Ra-Jar.

Hes definitely a huge want of mine!!
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by Feast-Man View Post
    This pic of Ra-jar is awesome!! Pardon me for arriving late to the party, but is this based on an actual custom or was it assembled on computer?
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    This pic of Ra-jar is awesome!! Pardon me for arriving late to the party, but is this based on an actual custom or was it assembled on computer?
    this is a mock up made with a computer program
    WISHLIST: Green and Purple Mask of Power demons, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Prince Dakon, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    That is awesome!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    However Mattel chooses to engineer a solution for Ra-Jar's six arms, that solution could be reusable for Hexor (one of the evil Obelisk warriors).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Wasn't thrilled with this guy when he was originally shown. But the mini comic and the customs I've seen have totally swayed me. I think he'd look really awesome.
    2015 MOTUC Line is ON! (Now make Tuskador PLEASE)

he was (and is) my least favourite design from the runner ups (not countingterrible gang stor or whatever)

that being said that toy mock up looks pretty tops. If he was part of the Snake Man Faction that would also be great. They need the support.

I would expect that he would use the NA Heman boots as portrayed in the minicomic and that would be just fine by me.

Would all of you still want him if because of all the arms he got like no additional accessories? Like either the sword and sheild, or the 6 daggars? Which would you want if only one set of accessories?

I'd rather have the sword and sheild.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I was really hoping. He is in my top choices.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Rajar in MOTUC

Rajar takes a simple gimmick of giving a guy extra arms and giving him a Indian type motif, some cool accessories , and an awesome mustache to make a really cool villain. As part of the Revenge Squad, he seems to be a handful to fight and but in terms of making him into a figure, Real easy. Prince Adam Vest, Boots could be Geldors, Bow,or Strongarms, and a new head and backpack idea with 4 other arms. And the accessories are already made, Evillyn Daggers, Demoman sword, and Vikor Shield. And his little monkey sidekick, not sure if he had a name, But I look this characters look alot for some reason.
    1939900_10152157850604213_1526429137_n.jpg

The little monkey is called Taki.

The little monkey is called Taki.
    He is such a cool character but I fear he would end up losing a lot of accessories if he ever got to figure form. Love the monkey!
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**