Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Classics Fisto and Stridor 2 pack

Classics Fisto and Stridor 2 pack

I know in the past Mattel aka Toy Guru has said that they wouldn't do another run on figures like Fisto and Teela due to lack of demand, but what if these figures could be released In a two pack like Fisto and Stridor. The Fisto in the two pack could have slight deferences than the original release, say a crome fist or different paint apps, this would mean that fans who have a Fisto would get a variation of the figure exclusive to the two pack. I think this would be a good way of guaranteeing sales and getting a figure that a lot of people missed first time round.

I would love to see a Filmation 2.0 He-man and Battlecat two pack

No...I dont want to have to buy another Fisto only to get the Stridor I want.

This would be a really clever idea. As long as it comes with a few different paint apps, or some Filmation-style add-one parts.

Many people missed out on Fisto and many want Stridor so I think this is a brilliant idea. This could also help to pay for the Stridor buck.
    I'd also love Jitsu and Night Stalker
    Awesome sticker included!

Heroic Warrior
    They'd have to make it worthwhile for the people that already have Fisto. That means extra paint apps or extra pieces or something. That would drive up cost.

While I wish those who don't have a Fisto and want one could get one, I too would not want to have to get another Fisto just to get a Stridor.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Come on - we're all in this together. What's another $25 for a figure a bunch of us already own to ensure people who should have got their's - but didn't - finally do?

In case you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic.

No thanks, I don't want to be forced to by a figure I already have just to get a beast that I'm not particularly desperate for. And I don't want a variant of Fisto with slightly different colours or a filmation head either.

No thanks, don't want another Fisto.

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel443 View Post
    No thanks, I don't want to be forced to by a figure I already have just to get a beast that I'm not particularly desperate for. And I don't want a variant of Fisto with slightly different colours or a filmation head either.
    Then you wouldn't have to buy it. :P

I have Fisto and I think it's a good idea. Plenty of people had to put up with Sky High.

I have a Fisto and would be happy to get a 2nd one!

Very good idea!!!

I will buy a variant Fisto and Stridor!!!!
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

I can understand why people wouldn't want an extra fisto even if it was exclusive to the two pack.
    But as a collector I think a two pack would display great and would be a great way of getting fisto into the hands of fans that never got one first time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jor-El View Post

I have Fisto and I think it's a good idea. Plenty of people had to put up with Sky High.
    Your right I wouldn't have to buy it, I'm not desperate for Stridor but if he was released on his own I would get him, however because I'm not desperate if he was released with a figure I already have I would struggle to justify getting him. I had no problem with Skyhigh as he was a new character, if the release Stridor with a new figure I'd be fine with that.

I'd be fine with this 2 pack, except it would have to be a Filmation Fisto variant. I already have two Fistos and I really don't want another.

Quote Originally Posted by Jor-El View Post

Oh, I only got the Sky High / Jet sled pack for Sky High. I sold off my Jet Sled.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

It would make getting Stridor too expensive for those of us who already have Fisto, he wouldn't sell and that might kill Nightstalker. Mattel's aware that Fisto is rare, but he's not so rare that they will go back into production on him. If they won't do it for the Horde Troopers who would crazy sell, why would they for the others?
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    They'd have to make it worthwhile for the people that already have Fisto. That means extra paint apps or extra pieces or something. That would drive up cost.
    No more cost than Sky High's new parts.

I was lucky and wound up with Fisto, but if they did do something a little different with him, I wouldn't have a problem including him. They are going to have to include someone with Stridor to make it work, judging by the sky sled, and the only two characters who would really work with the horse are Fisto and Teela (a nice Filmation head would make her worth a second figure).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Give Fisto his vintage armor (without the 200X Norse embellishments) with a vintage sword holder. No 200X accessories or head. That armor could also be repainted for Clamp Champ later.

Lots of fans complained about the buster sword holder being too big and unsightly. This release fixes that problem.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

The way i'm reading it, the variant Fisto that's being proposed would still be different to the Fisto we received a couple of years ago which means ppl still wouldn't end up getting the first run Fisto.

But personally though, I have no need for another Fisto. Filmation or otherwise. Would totally like to see Stridor (and Night Stalker!) before the line ends though!
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    I'd rather have a Stridor and Night Stalker two pack.

Nope, count me out as well. I want Stridor but not another Fisto...even if he is slight different. I am not going to waste $25.00 or more for a figure I already own. I would much rather a Stridor/Nightstalker 2-pack.

No. Nope. Sorry.

I get how frustrating and disappointing it is that some people missed Fisto. Really, I do. But those of us that did get him shouldn't have to drop another $25 for a rerelease in order to get Stridor.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

I certainly would buy it, because I want both a Fisto and a Strydor; but from Matty's point of view I see why they would be hesitant to do this, since so many people say they wouldn't buy it since they already have Fisto.

But I think that when push came to shove, if Matty only offered Strydor with Fisto in a 2-pack, most of the members on the Org and most people that have a sub would buy it right away . . . its just like all the people saying they are cancelling their subs once they get their Two Bad, or not subbing next year because of the Ram Man/Java error fiasco. Lots of Chicken Littles screaming about the sky falling, but very little follow through . . .

No,I own fisto and do not need another. I want stridor.

I know some subscribers were cheated out of their fisto,but the actual number seems to be small. I only hear the same fans demanding him even though they have him. So how many actually need fisto is a hidden truth. I suspect the number is below 100 that had the mistake happen and maybe a few hundred more that want him. In all I suspect Matty would be hard pressed to sell 500 fistos let alone several 1000.

Just my thought.

I am ready for the end game here. I love motuc,but I am ready to move on.2015 is it for me,if 2016 happens,I may jump in,but a bunch of tweaked figures is not what I or most fans want.

Finish vintage,pop,NA and 200x.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Only if it is a pre accident Fisto with a Filmation head.