Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Darius as MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    Is that why he doesn't feature in the tv show?
    Yes.
    Darius was always meant to be the leader of the Galactic Guardians in the vintage toy line. But his figure got cancelled because Mattel couldn't get his action feature working, as such Darius wasn't in the list of characters presented to Jack Olesker and Jetlag to use in the NA cartoon. As a writer Jack saw the lack of a leader and mentor character and knew he'd need one so he created Sebrian and bumped Hydron up in rank in order to fill the roles left by that lack of Darius.
    But by this point NA information and style guide based on the prototypes had already been sent out to other licensees which is why Darius, Crystoll and Detector appear in other NA products and media.

Here's his bio from the 1990 Annual, notice it's Darius and Icarius that travel to Eternia not Hydron and Icarius, because this is how it was originally intended to be, they only changed it to Hydron after Darius's figure had ben cancelled.

Darius needs to be in Classics just as much as Flogg does!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Yes.
    Darius was always meant to be the leader of the Galactic Guardians in the vintage toy line. But his figure got cancelled because Mattel couldn't get his action feature working, as such Darius wasn't in the list of characters presented to Jack Olesker and Jetlag to use in the NA cartoon. As a writer Jack saw the lack of a leader and mentor character and knew he'd need one so he created Sebrian and bumped Hydron up in rank in order to fill the roles left by that lack of Darius.
    But by this point NA information and style guide based on the prototypes had already been sent out to other licensees which is why Darius, Crystoll and Detector appear in other NA products and media.
    Excellent info, I never knew that.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I read some place that Darius was going to be featured in the second season had it been approved for a season two.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    I read some place that Darius was going to be featured in the second season had it been approved for a season two.
    That would have been cool mate but it's not true I'm afraid. Mattel was doing no further development on Darius and and Jack Olesker had never even heard of the character until he read about him on the Org a few years ago.

Here's a few more pics:

MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

No plans for a season two with Darius.

Disappointing.
    I could imagine the conflict & secret motives he would bring to the two waring planets & he-mans involvement in the middle.
    It would have added a new element beside just good versus evil to the story. I never saw Flogg as all bad nor his mutants. They had a reason to fight just or not. But maybe the mutants were victims in some way. ???
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    I'm surprised no one has commented on this yet: Mattel has announced that, at this year's NYCC panel, the fans will vote on Darius vs. Mara for the next monthly figure. Personally I think it's awful to pit the NA fans against each other. There are so few Galactic Guardians/Protectors in MOTUC, why not make both?

Link to the panel description: http://nycc13.mapyourshow.com/5_0/se...ionID=18A8C8C7
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Bit late in replying, but thanks for the info, 13977.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    I'm surprised no one has commented on this yet: Mattel has announced that, at this year's NYCC panel, the fans will vote on Darius vs. Mara for the next monthly figure. Personally I think it's awful to pit the NA fans against each other. There are so few Galactic Guardians/Protectors in MOTUC, why not make both?
    No kidding.

Heroic Warrior
    I definitely want him. I think he'd make a great looking figure and with minimal new tooling, it seems.

The NYCC vote has me baffled. Darius, Mara, and Tuskador are some of the most requested NA characters, along with NA Skeletor, Flogg, and Crita. All of them should be in the "All Star" years, really.

Personally, I would have rather had a 2-pack of Darius/Mara than Battle Lion. That way, Tuskador could have filled that monthly slot and we could have had all three.

Snappy Threader
    Yeah, Darius is a must have in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I definitely want him. I think he'd make a great looking figure and with minimal new tooling, it seems.

The NYCC vote has me baffled. Darius, Mara, and Tuskador are some of the most requested NA characters, along with NA Skeletor, Flogg, and Crita. All of them should be in the "All Star" years, really.

Personally, I would have rather had a 2-pack of Darius/Mara than Battle Lion. That way, Tuskador could have filled that monthly slot and we could have had all three.
    Though I'm fine with getting Battle Lion, your idea would have been great too!

He didnt get the vote.
    But we already know the popularity for the female figures such as crita & mara.
    no question there.
    it would have been a more interesting vote to compare kayo, nocturna, artillia, vizar, bh, staghorn & darius.

So long we wait of Darius i hope he is no limited version like SDCC figures.
    And why we must wait so long of him, i had no understanding when he came not with all loved details.

He was so early madeable i wonder why matelle made him not sooner ?
    --- MOTUC need now General Darius --- Darius as MOTUC Topic

...if you are He-Ro² - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

Darius is my most wanted NA character now even though ideally we would get them all.

To be frank, if the line ends without a Darius figure, I'm gonna be majorly POed.
    We got He-Ro, Eldor and all three Star Sisters including Glory Bird. But none of those got nearly as much actual media exposure as Darius.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

He is my most wanted NA figure now we have Flogg so I would be really gutted not to get him. Being NA AND a concept character, two things many fans hate, I do worry if we will get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    He is my most wanted NA figure now we have Flogg so I would be really gutted not to get him. Being NA AND a concept character, two things many fans hate, I do worry if we will get him.
    He had a prototype so I wouldn't consider him a concept character.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.