Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collection Curators-Who have you recentlly retired from your display?

Heroic Warrior
    Living in a reality where MOTUC goes on forever and ever and ever.....

Collection Curators-Who have you recentlly retired from your display?

If you are like me and have VERY limited shelf space, there are only so many figures you can display at one time. And with the recent Foe Men delivery, I had to retire quite a few guys. Typically this is due to length of stay on my shelf, but not always, as early favorites like Mer-man, Trap-Jaw, He-ro, will always have a spot. Plus I think it says alot in general as to who DOES get retired early. For me, I recently retired the following. How about you guys?

Shadow Beast-had been on display since release, just grew bored.

Dekker-incredibly boring figure IMO and an overall dissappointment, hence early retirement.

Thunder Punch He-Man-Replaced with King He-Man. Only need only one He-Man and I think the King is a much more impressive figure.

Original Skeletor-After YEARS on my shelf, replaced with Dragon Blaster. Did put Alcala head on. Looks awesome.

King Randor (filmation) - Which replaced original Randor. Now I have no Randor on display, but in general feel I dont need him at this time. I actually really like both versions, but just no damn room....

I have them all on display. I just need a clear Orko and a Mo-Larr to complete the display.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I have them all on display. I just need a clear Orko and a Mo-Larr to complete the display.
    Mo-Larr was an easy pass for me, and Orko was gone a long time ago. I will I could display everything, just cant. Graskull is going to be a problem...

I have them all on display. Still need Strobo and SDCC color-change Orko and I am good.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

My cat demonstrated an intense desire to specifically attack all-things He-Man, so they're on break until I can find a safe place.

i just moved into a new place and, while my toy room has ample space, i just can't decide what to put out. i collect MOTUC, Marvel Universe, and Transformers so there's always a challenge of what to "feature."

last week, i took all of my boxed up toys and separated them by franchise into different rooms. i left all of my MOTUC in my office. i was overwhelmed and maybe a little ashamed by just how much product there is. i certainly don't want to have only MOTUC displayed so i'm still surrounded by big brown boxes, rather than brightly colored plastic totems

i am interested in seeing what other members find "display worthy" versus just having the item in your collection.

I rotate my display all the time. It's usually the most recent releases, along with some current favourites. I have space for the FFM, so whenever I get them they'll go front and center and I won't have to move anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by guardianmonkey View Post
    i just moved into a new place and, while my toy room has ample space, i just can't decide what to put out. i collect MOTUC, Marvel Universe, and Transformers so there's always a challenge of what to "feature."

last week, i took all of my boxed up toys and separated them by franchise into different rooms. i left all of my MOTUC in my office. i was overwhelmed and maybe a little ashamed by just how much product there is. i certainly don't want to have only MOTUC displayed so i'm still surrounded by big brown boxes, rather than brightly colored plastic totems

i am interested in seeing what other members find "display worthy" versus just having the item in your collection.
    I understand your dilemma. Like many collectors I've got lots of other lines like Transformers, Simpsons (old world of springfield), Heroclix, Vintage and 200x MOTU, TMNT, and loads of Marvel figures (getting close to a complete collection of the old ToyBiz 90's lines!). No room for all of that of course. MOTU made it up on one of my walls and I usually rotate out various things every so often. Not sure if MOTUC will rotate out anytime soon though...
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Horde Prime, boring figure..

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, and there is the dilemma of the other lines. I only collect Gi-Joe besides MOTUC at the moment. I am hoping it stays that way, but I feel myself getting pulled towards Transformers alot lately with their great Masterpiece stuff.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    I recently did some rearanging of my room and got a new set of bookshelves in order to avoid this. Still, I've made some minor swap outs over time:

First release He-Man swapped for 1st reissue with corrected shoulders and no red around eyes
    original Skeletor -swapped for TRU Skeletor head on Keldor body
    Original She-Ra -swapped for Filmation She-Ra head and cape on BP She-Ra body (holding two tone silver Sword of Protection)
    Yellow Evil-Lyn Swapped out for Battleground Evil Lyn

And of course I gave the actual duel swords from the weapons pack to Keldor in place of the half ones he came with. I placed Eternos Palace Randor on the main shelf with other hero figures since he takes up less space, but 1st Randor is still on display on my variant shelf.

You could say I removed Lt. Spector from display though. I used to display my guards with him but I've swapped heads around so now the black guy head is on the Lt. body and the Spector head is on the private body wearing the mouth guard.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    I've been apartment living since the line began, and while for the first few years I could display everything I've spent most of 2011-2013 swapping factions in and out of display rotation. I'm in the process of buying a house now though, and I can't wait to finally have a place to display them all at once again. The there will be no decisions or "retirements" at all, which will be amazing.

I have almost all my stuff in a good size walk-in closet in my office, I have shelves set up in there and a small tall dresser that has all my stuff I don't have to display like my Hot Wheels and few Vintage figures from various lines, Garbage Pail Kids in binders and MOTU comics...etc. And Granamyr is currently sitting atop of the small dresser.

Only thing I will be rotating out will be Transformers, I prefer to keep the figures like MOTUC, TMNT & Ghostbusters on permanent display, because I favor actual figures to the Transformers on loose displays, and Transformers MIP....I have a couple Star Wars Black on PO, and look to acquire a couple other various figures, so I need to make room for them too. I could let things like Transformers Spill out into the Office, but I would like to avoid that if possible.

But as far as my MOTUC, like I said, I have almost every one I own on permanent display....figures I can't sell like Karatti and eventually my extra MOSC Trap Jaw & She-Ra will be in their mailers. But all others will be displayed....and two I am keeping MOSC like SOH & Hurricane Hordak.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Unique characters never get removed from my shelf. All character variants are confined to the single variant shelf, though.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

DC colored versions, Weapons Pak decore versions, BG Evil-Lyn, BA Skeley/He-Man, Hurricane Hordak, but they will all come back when I finish my new display areas.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I have almost all my stuff in a good size walk-in closet in my office, I have shelves set up in there and a small tall dresser that has all my stuff I don't have to display like my Hot Wheels and few Vintage figures from various lines, Garbage Pail Kids in binders and MOTU comics...etc. And Granamyr is currently sitting atop of the small dresser.

Only thing I will be rotating out will be Transformers, I prefer to keep the figures like MOTUC, TMNT & Ghostbusters on permanent display, because I favor actual figures to the Transformers on loose displays, and Transformers MIP....I have a couple Star Wars Black on PO, and look to acquire a couple other various figures, so I need to make room for them too. I could let things like Transformers Spill out into the Office, but I would like to avoid that if possible.

But as far as my MOTUC, like I said, I have almost every one I own on permanent display....figures I can't sell like Karatti and eventually my extra MOSC Trap Jaw & She-Ra will be in their mailers. But all others will be displayed....and two I am keeping MOSC like SOH & Hurricane Hordak.
    Do you have a She-Ra on display at all?
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

My Mer-Men are not with other MOTUC figures. They (both MOTUC, one 200X) are with other Fish-Men.

Nothing gets retired in my collections. There is always room somewhere, however the wife frowns upon some of my choice of locations, but I always find some place to put them!
    Psalm 18:32 - "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    Sadly since I bought and moved into a smaller house, Ive had to retire my entire collection from display as I currently have nowhere to set them up. I am hoping eventually to set up a shelf for them in the basement, but that may not be for awhile as I have more work to do on the house first.

When I run out of room I add another shelf , so all of my MotUC's are on display. Retired are my 200x and vintage.

Heroic Warrior
    Retired my whole MOTUC display in favor of my TF Classics. I had moved them to two shelves in the detolf but Classics 'Cons took one over. He-Man and Co. got the boot when my Green Giant, FP Bruticus and FP Insecticons arrived. I plan on buying a detolf just for Motuc and my Matty Voltron but space is tight right now. I also collect DCUC, none of which are on display and Marvel Legends Iron Man armors, also in storage. I gotta get a bigger place.
    Last edited by Bjjer; May 31, 2013 at 07:40pm.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I have all of mine on display with space for more. The benefits of designing a house

Still I have retired things. I sold off all of my 200X collection, with the exception of Skeletor (he is too cool) and "The General" (and he is going as soon as I get MOTUC Rattlor armor). I do have a couple of Neca Stactions in my MOTUC that will be retired when there are figures to replace them. Mantenna will just move downstairs and join the rest of the Horde stactions (love them all). Tung Lashor will definately be replaced and possibly sold (I have grown to dislike that look for the character). Squeeze might be replaced...depends on how a MOTUC figure looks. If the head is straight vintage...we shall see.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Luckily I still have all my MOTUC on display but prior to getting married and the wife moving in I had to put away my 200X MotU, Star Wars, Marvel Legends, Marvel Select, and other random misc figures I had scattered about my house. Now all my MOTUC are secluded to one bedroom wall which happens to be on my wife's side of the bed so of course she is constantly on me to move them but I remind her that they were here before she was so until we get my Man-Cave added on MOTUC stays. I am going to have issues though as soon as Star Wars Black 6" series hits as I am definitely displaying those.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    Do you have a She-Ra on display at all?
    I have a loose She-Ra & BP She-Ra with parts swapped displayed (BP She-Ra stuff on the 1.0 buck with the 1.0 holey head and mask instead of the BP She-Ra head and mask, I like it better)....I have an extra MOSC She-Ra because I drilled out the 1.0 Tiara head on my loose one so it would sit correctly on BP She-Ra's buck. Same with my Trap Jaw, an extra because I used the Kronis head for my Dragstor custom, and his Claw for my Filmation Hordak 2.0 claw. I also plan to do some cosmetic work to my Frosta, so eventually I'll have an extra MOSC of her too, but because of display space, I'll likely put her (when I get her) and the She-Ra & Trap Jaw away, and the 2 MOSC I don't have loose will be left out (SOH & Hurricane).

I love the POP I have, so of course I have her out!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bjjer View Post
    Retired my whole MOTUC display in favor of my TF Classics. I had moved them to two shelves in the detolf but Classics 'Cons took one over. He-Man and Co. got the boot when my Green Giant, FP Bruticus and FP Insecticons arrived. I plan on buying a detolf just for Motuc and my Matty Voltron but space is tight right now. I also collect DCUC, none of which are on display and Marvel Legends Iron Man armors, also in storage. I gotta get a bigger place.
    With me it's the opposite, I have Springer & Blitz coming, and soon Sandstorm & Trailbreaker, with hopes to secure the new Metroplex, plus I have the 280Z MP triplets PO'd. But my preference is to display my figures as in, human-ish figures (TMNT, MOTUC, Ghostbusters), I love Transformers, but I don't like them displayed loose, and therefore they take up a lot of shelf and wall space in the boxes and cards, so, I'll be rotating those out from time to time with focus on new things.

I also just PO'd a few Star Wars Black figures, so, I'll need some room for those, but likely, I'll keep those packaged so I can hang them, if they come carded that is, to preserve shelf space for MOTUC. Some wall space I have, shelf space in my collection room is at a premium and I'd prefer to keep my MOTUC collection fully displayed (since it's currently my favorite line....aesthetically) , at least one of each figure that is.

I am hoping the new hinted at MP will be my second favorite G1 guy....Mirage....if he's the same colors and same F1 as he was back in the day....oh hell yeah, he will be mine. As well as Jazz, Wheeljack & Hound if and when they get made, I'm also hoping to secure a US Soundwave when he finally comes out.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; May 31, 2013 at 10:36pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Horde Prime, Gygor, Faceless One, King Grayskull, Keldor, Queen Marlena, 2 of the Star Sisters, Zodak, Dekker, BG Evil Lyn, Snake MAA, the NA lion guy, Mighty Spector, Griffon, Goddess (broken), Original She-Ra

Basically all 200x are out and a few others
    Last edited by suckator; May 31, 2013 at 09:09pm.