Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: He-man 2.0 Discussion and speculation thread.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar

He-man 2.0 Discussion and speculation thread.

In my opinion, some version of He-Man in his non-variant, signature costume should be available at almost all times, and his repeated sell-outs certainly support that view.

But what about a He-Man v2.0?

There are some other things they could do to make this new version special, such as different paint decos on the shield and axe, or if I had my way, NEW sculpts of the weapons to better match the new more detailed standard set by practically every subsequent MOTUC release.

(A new bonus head with neutral facial expression kinda like THIS would be awesome, too! )

And now that we've seen Mattel is willing to go the extra mile in terms of articulation where they see fit, I think it would be cool for fans to get a slightly revised He-Man with that added wrist articulation so a true "I have the Power!" pose could finally be achieved after all of these years.

Maybe next year as a special "30th Anniversary" release?

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Sure, special 30th Anniversary he-man could be something seriously cool.

And now that they're going to start adding real metal to the figs, with Vikor, how about some of that?

Alternate head with metal helmet ( like Vikor), metal shield, sword and he-cross. And then of course repaints of the shield and such. Work in a bit more blackwash.

Something extra classy. Limited edition as well, treat it as an exclusive. This thing would be pricy.

Ha! Guess this is being discussed elsewhere, or no one is interested.
    All good.

Predabot: Real metal parts is a cool suggestion!

(Imagine a metal Power Sword!!! )

Though, if they had to tone down the spike on Vikor's shield, I think that would be pushing it even further . . .

(I would've hoped "Adult Collector" product were more immune to safety standards . . . )

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    I think the real question is: In light of Bow's sculpt, is it time for a New Adventures He-Man?

Seriously, look at how many of Bow's "parts" that could work for a NA He-Man figure. I would totally LOVE the next He-Man variant to be the New Adventures version.....
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I think it goes without saying that NA He-Man will be on the way eventually.

But considering Bow got articulation ADDED (and not removed or hindered) as an improvement to what the character specifically does, it made me think about what other useful articulation there could be, in that same character-specific context.

And considering the "I have the Power!" pose is one of the most iconic things about MotU and He-Man himself, it seems like the obvious choice.

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Ha! Guess this is being discussed elsewhere, or no one is interested.
    All good.
    Oddly enough, I don't think too many people are interested, or they're just keeping quiet for now. I asked this question earlier in the SDCC thread, but I think only a couple of people agreed.

It seems like a pretty big deal to me: this articulation is pretty standard on most action figures, even in the 3 & 3/4 figures. A huge detail that is missing from the entire MOTUC line, imo. Like you, I would especially love to see it on the next version of He-Man, and even She-Ra.
    Great B/S/T'ers: Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .org Feedback, and My Ebay For Sale!

I think it would be cool for fans to get a slightly revised He-Man with that added wrist articulation so a true "I have the Power!" pose could finally be achieved after all of these years.
    I could not POSSIBLY agree more! IMO the only thing keeping Classics He-Man from being a perfect figure is the fact that he can't strike his iconic pose.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    I think it goes without saying that NA He-Man will be on the way eventually.

But considering Bow got articulation ADDED (and not removed or hindered) as an improvement to what the character specifically does, it made me think about what other useful articulation there could be, in that same character-specific context.

And considering the "I have the Power!" pose is one of the most iconic things about MotU and He-Man himself, it seems like the obvious choice.
    Absolutely. I could even see this new articulation added as early as the next re-issue of He-Man.

Although since it technically isn't a fix so much as an improvement, I don't know if this would qualify him for a new SKU, or if it would fall under minor improvements like the reversed shoulders and red-eye corrections.....
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Toyguru mentioned that they do things based on the need of the figure. It made sense to give Bow Green Arrow's hands, but He-man doesn't really need it.

I don't think Matty is going to start adding wrist articulation to all their figures when they know they can just sell He-man and be done with it.

There is a certain logic with what Mattel is doing. One new figure leads to another and another. Trap-jaw opened the door for a bunch of new figures. Whiplash opened the door for Buzz-off and a few others to come.

Bow is the lead in to NA He-man and the Galactic Guardians. Which I doubt any would add articulation.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    I absolute have to agree with Lay-Z! He-Mans Weapons are not fitting anymore!
    Theyre less detailed then the Vintage ones
    I would also like a new more mettalic painted belt and bracelets!
    Last edited by JimPansen; August 6, 2010 at 01:35am.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    It would require only a new hand, but it would need to be different than Bow's, as the hinge would need to move laterally rather than backward and forward. One new hand with a cut joint above the ball joint on the hand would allow for almost any kind of movement.

And it would absolutely be worth buying another He-Man to get one who can raise the sword properly.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I think the real question is: In light of Bow's sculpt, is it time for a New Adventures He-Man?

Seriously, look at how many of Bow's "parts" that could work for a NA He-Man figure. I would totally LOVE the next He-Man variant to be the New Adventures version.....
    This was what I thought when I saw the bracers, honestly.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Cool! Glad to see this thread just got lost in the post-SDCC shuffle.

Quote Originally Posted by KalesDad View Post
    It seems like a pretty big deal to me: this articulation is pretty standard on most action figures, even in the 3 & 3/4 figures. A huge detail that is missing from the entire MOTUC line, imo.
    I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to their constructing new and improved wrist joints across the board.
    (Especially if in so doing they made them removable for swappable hands! )
    But I think Mattel is going to be a little more reserved about it.

They have the philosophy (which I happen to very much agree with, btw!) that too much articulation will break up the awesome 4H sculpting, but I think wrist articulation would be one of the least offenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Although since it technically isn't a fix so much as an improvement, I don't know if this would qualify him for a new SKU, or if it would fall under minor improvements like the reversed shoulders and red-eye corrections.....
    Good question! I suppose if enough fans were indifferent to it, I guess He-Man 2.0 could be a new SKU, and the original version could still continue to be reissued.

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Toyguru mentioned that they do things based on the need of the figure. It made sense to give Bow Green Arrow's hands, but He-man doesn't really need it.

I don't think Matty is going to start adding wrist articulation to all their figures when they know they can just sell He-man and be done with it.
    That's fine if you don't think he needs it, but the support in this thread shows a lot of fans would love to have it.

And I forgot who it was, but a while ago someone on another toy website pointed out that archers don't bend their wrists when firing an arrow, so technically Green Arrow (nor Bow) doesn't need wrist articulation.

That said, I don't really care about the technical aspect because it allows for cool character poses, which is more the point. And He-Man with the ability to strike the sword pose is definitely a cool character pose.

There is a certain logic with what Mattel is doing. One new figure leads to another and another. Trap-jaw opened the door for a bunch of new figures. Whiplash opened the door for Buzz-off and a few others to come.
    I realize that, but frankly, isn't that a bit boring?
    I'd rather Mattel continue to give us something unexpected, like Vikor.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    I absolute have to agree with Lay-Z! He-Mans Weapons are not fitting anymore!
    Theyre less detailed then the Vintage ones
    I would also like a new more mettalic painted belt and bracelets!
    Awesome! Good to finally see someone else agree with me on that.
    I liked the weapons OK when the figure first came out, but that was what, 3 years ago or longer that they were made?
    Time for some updated, more detailed sculpts for the MAIN MAN's arsenal, says me!

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    It would require only a new hand, but it would need to be different than Bow's, as the hinge would need to move laterally rather than backward and forward. One new hand with a cut joint above the ball joint on the hand would allow for almost any kind of movement.
    Good point!
    Hadn't thought about that.

And just as a side-note, what with figures like Blue Beetle and Robin getting souped-up articulation in DCUC, it does show that Mattel is willing to go the extra mile when it's deemed worthy.

anybody interested in a version 2 He-man?

hi fellow orgers,

i am just curious, since she-ra is getting a version 2 (for her to be able to ride swift wind i guess), is anyone interested in getting a version 2 he-man? i don't know, maybe with a newly sculpted head? no visible peg holes on ankles etc.

maybe, but there are a lot of He-Man variants they have yet to get to. So I think those are a bigger priority. I also think the He-Man we got is fantastic, but I'm open to a new interpretation.

is version 2 she-ra going to eat a slot?

I'd be fine with one and would buy it but the thought doesn't really excite me (also does not send me into a fit of rage about how Matty should have known to include all the changes into the first He-Man and not make me pay another $20+

Things I could handle being changed: wrist articulation that allowed him to raise his sword, a new facial experession . . just because, a Filmation power sword, an ax handle with the groves on it (once Emiliano pointed it out, I can't unsee it), . . . there is not a lot more I need changed. Not really requiring a new release.

Better option would be to just make the updates to one of the upcoming variants and make sure it had a bare chest and abs under the armor so you could put an extra regular He-Man harness on it.
    Last edited by urbanmyth; March 21, 2011 at 01:33pm.

No interest unless he comes with a Filmation sword and harness.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

They could go with a "Classicized 200X" He-Man. Hear me out before you grab the pitchforks and torches!

Like She-Ra 2.0 which TG says that you can mix and match with She-Ra 1.0 to make your "Perfect She-Ra" this He-Man would work the same way.

Picture the TRU He-Man with Armbands and Belt in Matching Colors with Vikor's boots
    a head with different expression and the "He-Mullet"
    200X Sword (Silver and Green) 200X Harness, Classic Axe AND the "Closed version" of the 200X Sword for Adam. If you like 200X better you have your 200X He-Man. If you like "Filmation" better a head, harness and sword swap gives you a "Filmation" He-Man. Mattel would need to make sure of two things: That the colors match between He-Men AND that the Shoulders are not put on backwards... (a He-Man 2.5 would anger the fans)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Sure.
    Give him better weapons( shield with buckler and ax with riffles) also a better paintjob(like Vikors weapons?).
    Maybe a bronze belt and wristbands instead orange.

Quote Originally Posted by skully View Post
    is version 2 she-ra going to eat a slot?
    No. She will be a separate release from the subscription and there will still be 4 other variants for the year. In the overall picture, she will probably take away some tooling resources from another character but since she should pay for herself and then some, that seems unlikely as well.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I wouldn't be opposed to an updated He-man and Skeletor figures. Matty has made better ankles and some improvements on their figure designs. No reason why they should not release a brand new He-man and Skeletor next year.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Not unless the next version is Jungle Attack, Snake Armor, Thunder Punch, NA, Ice Armor, Flying Fists, Slime Pit, Martial Arts, or Laser Light He-Man.

Honestly, I'll buy anything.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

I thought the first re-release of He-Man was version 2? You know, the one with corrected shoulders and a lack of make up?
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

I'd be down for one if it has short orange bracelets.

A sheath for the sword would also be fantastic.