Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: He-man 2.0 Discussion and speculation thread.

- Longer The Power Sword
    - Filmation's style holster for The Power Sword
    - Bigger shield

Looks like this will happen:

Quote:
    Elkk Thunder's Toyroom

4- Out of all the MOTU figures to date, which character would you love to update as a version 2.0?

From Toy Guru: "For me it is He-Man. I'd love to do some new hands, a new head and maybe a more Filmation style saber holder on the back. Lots of mix and match for an "ultimate He-Man". We just ran out of available development skus to do this in 2012 but maybe in the future."

Source

Heroic Greed Horder Analog Jote's Avatar
    sounds good to me. Only thing I'd say no to in this thread is changing the skin color, only because I like the mix and match idea. I'd love to see different heads with different expressions, and a vintage toy head, like the mock up shown on the previous page, would look great. And he needs wrist articulation that are at the side of his wrists, like Hasbro did for the recent Jedi Luke figure, and a recent snake Eyes figure had it as well.

Wrist artic can be seen here: http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?i...ke/TVC-688.jpg

It doesn't look that great in the picture, but its a small 4" figure, and you don't notice it. I think it can be hidden better on a larger figure like MOTUC.
    BUY THE SUB!!! JOIN THE HORDE!!!

Do YOU want a He-Man 2.0 to take the place of Always Available He-Man?

So prior to the announcement of Vykor, many were speculating the SDCC figure would be a he-man 2.0 but with swappable body parts. this idea picked up a lot of steam and support but it didn't happy. Toyguru was asked if a he-man 2.0 would be coming, he said it's a good idea but there are so many regular he-men on the market that they'd have to burn through them first. So it would seem IF we were to get a 2.0 it would be to replace the always available he-man on the site, not take up a monthly slot (though it may get introduced at a variant slot to make a splash.)

Would yopu support the idea? I would, maybe throw in or make his harness more simplified (filmation-esque) and a filmation style head?? I mean it wouldn't be the 100% filamtion he-man people want but it would give good elements for it.

Or do you want he-man 2.0 to BE filmation he-man?? (less detailed gauntlets, belt, boots etc)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I do support a 2.0 He-Man, but not with Filmation accessories. I'd prefer him with a longhaired Alcala head, a toy accurate head and with metallic finishes on his armour and weapons. It would also be great if he would be a lighter tanned version, similar to Thunder Punch He-Man.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I do support a 2.0 He-Man, but not with Filmation accessories. I'd prefer him with a longhaired Alcala head, a toy accurate head and with metallic finishes on his armour and weapons. It would also be great if he would be a lighter tanned version, similar to Thunder Punch He-Man.
    i disagree personally the only pale he-man I want is prince adam!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    Plus it's again been stated by TG that they WON'T do this until they sell through a majority of the currently produced stock of the 1.0 He-Man...I agree though with the notion of a new one but what can ya do eh?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    ^ So much truth lol.

oh come on, he's not pale, he's got a slightly lighter tan ...
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

oh come on, he's not pale, he's got a slightly lighter tan ...
    a lighter tan on top of his original tone would make him darker... TP he-man is paler than the other he-men.
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    Plus it's again been stated by TG that they WON'T do this until they sell through a majority of the currently produced stock of the 1.0 He-Man...I agree though with the notion of a new one but what can ya do eh?

- - - Updated - - -

^ So much truth lol.
    yeah that's why I stated that this would be AFTER the fact and do people want a 2.0 to replace that he-man in the always available slot (so essentially don't make any more 1.0 he-men from here on in sell them off and bring in the 2.0). guess I rambled on too much to get my point clear

Fear is faith in failure

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    I wish I am a customizer with TONS OF $, so that I would “empty” He-Man stocks from Matty !

Seriously, I would LOVE to see He-Man 2.0 replacing the current He-Man, the weirdo with loose ankles ! Doesn’t matter which skin tone he comes with (though I would like to see him with Filmation tan). But give him that darn Filmation power sword that I’ve been screaming for years !!!!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

Oh yeah, forgot about the mini-comic Power Sword

Oh yeah, forgot about the mini-comic Power Sword
    i like your alcala idea. personally (though I LOVE filmation) I'd take that head over the filmation. I'd want the filmation he-man to be in a special 2-pack with a filmation skeletor and maybe a dvd or cel from the toon.

Fear is faith in failure

No, I like always available He-Man as the "standard bearer" for MOTUC on Mattycollector...

However, I would love to see some new heads or variatio0ns every now and then. Prince Adam is an example of a different He-Man head (interchangeable) and pale TP He-Man was a nice curve ball (I love that he's pale because he has a skin tone similar to me ).

I'd like NA He-Man to have a new head sculpt, but other than that I like the idea of past sword holders having their own individual faces yet not be He-Man.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    So prior to the announcement of Vykor, many were speculating the SDCC figure would be a he-man 2.0 but with swappable body parts. this idea picked up a lot of steam and support but it didn't happy. Toyguru was asked if a he-man 2.0 would be coming, he said it's a good idea but there are so many regular he-men on the market that they'd have to burn through them first. So it would seem IF we were to get a 2.0 it would be to replace the always available he-man on the site, not take up a monthly slot (though it may get introduced at a variant slot to make a splash.)

Would yopu support the idea? I would, maybe throw in or make his harness more simplified (filmation-esque) and a filmation style head?? I mean it wouldn't be the 100% filamtion he-man people want but it would give good elements for it.

Or do you want he-man 2.0 to BE filmation he-man?? (less detailed gauntlets, belt, boots etc)
    I would do it like Bubble Power She-Ra, a non-sub figure with no commitment--an optional purchase. If He-Man 2.0 takes off, then ask the fans if He-Man 1.0 should be retired in favor of the new version.

If not, then keep 1.0 as the main He-Man.

I wouldn't make He-Man 2.0 the Filmation version. He should be the regular MOTU He-Man, but with new features and accessories. I would re-use elements of 2.0 for the Filmation version or versions. Some of us want Filmation variants with the regular detailed boots, belts and bracers while others want the detail-less boots, belts and bracers from the animation cells.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I’d like to see He-Man 2.0 with:

- solid orange belt
    - harness cast in gray plastic
    - Vikor boots (if they can get them as tight as Vikor’s boots that is)
    - knuckle guard on the power sword
    - more vintage toy looking head

"There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I’d like to see He-Man 2.0 with:

- solid orange belt
    - harness cast in gray plastic
    - Vikor boots (if they can get them as tight as Vikor’s boots that is)
    - knuckle guard on the power sword
    - more vintage toy looking head

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-z...n%2520Head.jpg
    I would love an open left hand like in the original toy.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Yes. Beats me as to why its so friggin impossible for Mattel to sculpt a brand new he-man figure ( the HERO of his own toyline) where they spend tons of money sculpting stuff no one wants like Gygor
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Do YOU want a He-Man 2.0 to take the place of Always Available He-Man?
    So, we can have a robot He-Man or Too Much Free Time He-Man?

Hmmmm...I'll take Robot He-Man! Robots are cooler.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Maybe they should do it like BP She-Ra, make him a variant, but have the buck free of anything that makes him not look like a standard He-Man, and everything snaps or clips on to him.

Have him come with a few new accessories, one cool thing instead of new heads all the time, it might be cool to get hair that plugs on, and maybe helmets, that way many times you won't need a new head, just a new hair piece or head gear. This way He-Man can sport his Filmation hair, his Classics hair & possibly wear a helmet or something....could be a nice new touch considering they started it with Vikor. And HE-Man 2.0 could be a bonus like She-Ra.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I wouldn't rally against it, but I probably wouldn't support it either. I'm happy with my standard He-Man, and if they are gona do any other versions of the standard He-Man I wana see something like a 200X version....which we won't get, so you know....meh.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    Yes. Beats me as to why its so friggin impossible for Mattel to sculpt a brand new he-man figure ( the HERO of his own toyline) where they spend tons of money sculpting stuff no one wants like Gygor
    It's the same reason why Mattel won't revisit King Hsss, Stratos or Roboto. To Mattel, He-Man is done and they still have plenty on Mattycollector.com to sell. Mattel wants to move onto new characters or variants, not revisit the same exact figure all over. If we do see a new He-Man head, unless something changes, it might appear on some He-Man variant or a pack-in with someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I wouldn't rally against it, but I probably wouldn't support it either. I'm happy with my standard He-Man, and if they are gona do any other versions of the standard He-Man I wana see something like a 200X version....which we won't get, so you know....meh.
    TG said that they wanted to make an actual 200X He-Man, but they are more interested in other He-variants first, such as NA or Snake Armor.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    TG said that they wanted to make an actual 200X He-Man, but they are more interested in other He-variants first, such as NA or Snake Armor.
    Ah, forgot about that. Yeah, that's fair. I DO wana see NA He-Man more than a 200X version. It's just that NA is gona be a whole different figure, and a 200X one feels more like a minor variation in terms of MotUC. BUT...if he's talkin' about doing a full-on 200X version with classicized axe and shield and new loincloth pouch and even his bracers - well then I'll totally put him on the backburner to wait for that version.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    I wouldn't want a different He-Man to replace the current one, but I would love to see a Series Two minicomic He-Man as a variant with the slender Powersword as seen on The Magic Stealer.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

I have zero interest in a Filmation He-Man.

I would love to see a He-Man 2.0 however.
    I'm an original Minicomics guy, so I'd like to see the Vykron face, with a longer hair piece, and a knife in his boot.
    Then add the more articualted ball joint style wrists.
    Maybe an Alt head with a viking styled helmet like some of the early prototypes?

Really though, I'm quite happy with the current He-Man.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Ah, forgot about that. Yeah, that's fair. I DO wana see NA He-Man more than a 200X version. It's just that NA is gona be a whole different figure, and a 200X one feels more like a minor variation in terms of MotUC. BUT...if he's talkin' about doing a full-on 200X version with classicized axe and shield and new loincloth pouch and even his bracers - well then I'll totally put him on the backburner to wait for that version.
    No...back in January 2011, he was talking about a He-Man repaint with a new harness. Since Fisto had his removable 200X belt included, maybe 200X He-Man can get his pouch that way. The major problem about 200X He-Man is that some fans wouldn't want that figure to be a "taken by the ass" variant like Mattel presumably wants to make him. They wouldn't want another fiasco like the Battleground Evil-Lyn or Snake Man-At-Arms repaints and have been telling TG about Mattel cheapening out on 200X variants since 2010.