Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: He-man 2.0 Discussion and speculation thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    They could go with a "Classicized 200X" He-Man. Hear me out before you grab the pitchforks and torches!

Like She-Ra 2.0 which TG says that you can mix and match with She-Ra 1.0 to make your "Perfect She-Ra" this He-Man would work the same way.

Picture the TRU He-Man with Armbands and Belt in Matching Colors with Vikor's boots
    a head with different expression and the "He-Mullet"
    200X Sword (Silver and Green) 200X Harness, Classic Axe AND the "Closed version" of the 200X Sword for Adam. If you like 200X better you have your 200X He-Man. If you like "Filmation" better a head, harness and sword swap gives you a "Filmation" He-Man. Mattel would need to make sure of two things: That the colors match between He-Men AND that the Shoulders are not put on backwards... (a He-Man 2.5 would anger the fans)

I'm down for that. A 200x inspired He-Man in the classic form would be awesome.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    I thought the first re-release of He-Man was version 2? You know, the one with corrected shoulders and a lack of make up?
    Silly me, so did I.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

I'm all for a re-tooled He-Man; But I Just don't forsee Matty re-tooling him this year, maybe that's one of the 30th anniversry surprises? A "close as can be" FILMation version of him with a sheath for his sword new head etc? But wrist articulation to hold ALOFT his sword is a must on the next re-tooled version of him.

On a side note, I'd love to get a Laser Power He-Man just to get a flowing mullet head version of him to replace my old HM's head.

can someone confirm if the 2nd re-released he-man had indeed have a new sku? that makes sense since it did have reversed shoulders.

after reading the comments i for one would be excited to get a re-tooled he-man if he got a new face and a sword sheath as long as he will not take a slot!

things i want improved, added or altered:

-new face
    -add sword sheath
    -better ankles (no peg holes)
    -better elbow just like the improved ankles on vikor (hope they are in the process of materializing this one)
    -better paint aps (specially on eyes)

Quote Originally Posted by skully View Post
    -better elbow just like the improved ankles on vikor (hope they are in the process of materializing this one)
    I just have to point out how much I DON'T want this to happen. I want the figures to stay consistent. I hate when toylines change articulation/scale/style mid-way through a line.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    I just have to point out how much I DON'T want this to happen. I want the figures to stay consistent. I hate when toylines change articulation/scale/style mid-way through a line.
    a valid point but i am all for improving figures as long as scale or any drastic change doesn't happen that will make new figures out of place. they are already doing improvements to female bucks. imo, an improved elbow wouldn't hurt.

I'd like to see a battle damge He-Man & Skelly 2 pack. Not battle armored, I'm talking roughed up ,batter and abused after an epic battle. Might be to violent for Mattel. Still can wish.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

I agree with this. It's bad enough that we have the HUGE pegs and holes on the figures, but to switch a noticeable joint like that mid-line breaks the homogeneous look of the toys. Also it's easier to fix QC issues with visible pegs/holes than without...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

The only things that I think could be improved on He-Man is:

- using Vikor boots instead of the original floppy ankle boots
    - getting rid of the red circles on his belt
    - casting the chest harness in gray plastic like the one that came with Goddess

Normally I would agree with you. I really don't desire new joints for the elbows and knees. But I have to say that I am glad for the new ankle joints that they are using.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

the arguements on the peg holes are interesting. might be good for an old fashioned poll.

They'd have to do something pretty different, or give him different accessories, to make me want to buy another. My first He-Man is still one of my top favorite figures in the line.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I'd be all for it if they gave him the 200X accessories, 200X hair, and new wrist articulation. If they can't do the proper wrist articulation then add a swappable hand cast in that famous pose.
    Last edited by jerec350; March 22, 2011 at 11:21am.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

"Version 2 She-Ra" only has a softer skirt, as far as we know.

A changed He-Man like you suggest would doubtlessly eat up a slot from another figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    "Version 2 She-Ra" only has a softer skirt, as far as we know.

A changed He-Man like you suggest would doubtlessly eat up a slot from another figure.
    She will be slightly shorter, the tierra will be removable without the hole in the head, better hip movement/articulation, and will twist at the waist. These are TG's words. Look up the Pixel Dan interview from NYTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    I thought the first re-release of He-Man was version 2? You know, the one with corrected shoulders and a lack of make up?
    This. There really isn't a need to re-release him. The only change worth doing is the new ankles, and I wouldn't buy a new one for that.
    Last edited by RockinHard; March 22, 2011 at 11:45pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Well Reissue he-man is more like 1.5 since there was no new parts. (unlike Skeletor who got a "new hand") Reversing shoulders and applying less paint looks more like 1.5 than 2.0 I believe... TRU He-Man is as close as a He-Man 2.0 as we can get.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    i don't see a need for another version of he-man outsideof one of his variants. they will more than likely re-issue him every year along w/ the original skeletor.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Heroic Warrior

Ideas for a possible He-Man 2.0

Toy Guru said that IF there is one figure he would re-do than it is He-Man, much like they re-did She-Ra as Bubble Power She-Ra.

BUT what could they do, to make him interesting for fans to pay another 20 $?

PLEASE ONLY USE THIS THREAD FOR IDEAS HOW THEY COULD UPDATE HE-MAN, DO NOT START A DISCUSSION IF WE NEED ONE. THANK YOU!

Here are my ideas:

- another facial expression
    - extra arm and leg with 200x Dragon Walker Tattoo
    - little bag on his belt (200x)
    - "new" haircut like in 1982
    - new leg movement so he fits better on Battle-Cat

Do you have other ideas?

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    New hands so he can actually "hold aloft his mighty sword." 'Bout all I want.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MldMnrdReporter View Post
    Very true, how could I forget that? Wouldn't that require a new shoulder joint, too?

Did someone try it with Bow?

Quote Originally Posted by MldMnrdReporter View Post
    Exactly what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by MoViEfReAk View Post
    Very true, how could I forget that? Wouldn't that require a new shoulder joint, too?

Did someone try it with Bow?
    No, the joint would need to be on a different axis than the one Bow's extra joint is on.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Tri-Klops wristlets
    Filmation sword & headsculpt to match Adora/She-Ra
    Brighter brown/orange/blue/tanned skin
    Harness that is an X on the back (rather than H), with full scabbard and a larger, clearer red cross on the front
    And, yes, being able to assume a transformation pose
    Last edited by Reboot; September 30, 2011 at 08:09pm.

Vintage head sculpt!

Discussion

Make that shield like the vintage with the large extended center area!

Heroic Warrior
    I'd like to see a removeable hand sculpted in the 'holding aloft' position, so it's not a permanent feature like with Bow. I'd like to see a Power Sword that is an actual twin to Adora's as well, maybe just slightly larger. It bothers me that her sword is 'cloned' from the original, but looks nothing like it. And a harness with a scabbard for the sword.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I think the head has to be redone. I like a different facial expression idea. I would also go with the new boots like the ones they made for Vikor. A new chest harness with a better sword holder on his back.

I could go for articulated wrists, but it's not that high on a priority for me.

He-man's shield needs to be redone also. I don't know about you guys, but mine have white stress marks. They need to build them with handles instead of grips.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by shantustarsun View Post
    Vintage head sculpt!

Discussion

Make that shield like the vintage with the large extended center area!
    yes to this!

Faker II 's head looks awesome.