Thread: WTFWTK 2.148 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.148 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.
    • Please do not attach photos. Any linked/attached photos will be removed.

We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
    It's nothing personal.

***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

This past round of questions were selected by SonOfHeMan.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!!!

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. SonOfHeMan: Would it be possible in the future for figures that reuse the Trap Jaw left arm to have a hand that's a little tighter grip to improve holding weapons?

2. DrumMaster: Would you consider a new weapons pak with better painted weapons (for characters like Stinkor, Blade and Lizard Man) and missing weapons (like Snake Armor He-Man's shield) while adding some new ideas like He-Man's shield in Skeletor colors or Man-E-Weapons' variant Castle Grayskull weapons?

3. Skeledor: Has Mattel thought about going the Build-A-Figure route like Marvel and DC to offer more obscure figures?

4. Scorpia: We've seen several independent villains released from the Filmation He-Man cartoon (Shokoti, Nepthu, Plundor) but none from the She-Ra series. Will we see any non-Horde villains released in the future such as Hunga the Harpy, Mortella or Baron Condore?

5. Snake Hunter: Battle Armor Faker was released in a Toys'R'Us 2-pack with a lower run than most figures in the Classics line. Is there any chance to get a Battle Armor Faker released on its own? It could include the Leo Toys features and weapons in order to have a Faker with all the classic variations of the character such as the shadowed eyes from the Leo Faker, the orange Battle Armor, the orange Havoc Staff, and the orange Skeletor removable belt.

--------------

So ask those questions!
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

Heroic Warrior Bender Rodríguez's Avatar
    A lot of people want a second or even a third run of both Snake Men and Horde Troopers, prices in secondary market are unbelievable (I guess you guys are aware of this), with the line rebranding next year, what are the chances of making those 2 army builders an ever green product? Maybe they can be re-released with minor changes like, 2 identical troopers or green snake men but even with the same box, is there a possibility for this? Is there a hope for those to become Essential?

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    With Sssqueeze and Multibot, Digital River seems to have taken control of the shipping costs with an obvious way of raising them in too higher skies. Will Mattel do something to avoid the frustrated customers by this unfair doing not subscribing again for bad reasons ?
    (Hope my question is clear : Digital River cheats on shipping costs, something must be done, will you ?)
    Last edited by DrumMaster; June 17, 2015 at 06:13pm.

Now that Jurassic World has brought dinosaurs back into vogue, any chance we will see the Preternia Dinos brought into MOTUC?
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Motu Giants have a substantial bank of toolings to date;
    so is Mattel really done with this line?
    The cheapest (A-Listers as well) being:
    Moss Man, Prince Adam & Faker.
    As for many others, reused parts stick around the 75% in average,
    please don't give up, they are an amazing legacy to our childhood.
    Last edited by OnlyOneSkeletor; June 16, 2015 at 07:23pm.

We now know that the new snake torso for King Hiss does not come packaged with Blast Attak or Sssqueeze. Can it be revealed which figure the snake torso will be packaged with..?
    Last edited by smaug; June 17, 2015 at 05:34pm.
    Leech sucks..!

Heroic Warrior Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    The previous brand manager said some years ago that, at that time, MOTUC could not be brought to retail in its current form. Within the past two years, however, your competitors Tamashii Nations/Bandai of Japan, Diamond Select Toys, and DC Collectibles have all gotten their collector-oriented action figure lines (some with even more accessories, paint apps, and higher prices than MOTUC) onto the store shelves of brick-and-mortar Barnes & Noble locations. They have also employed wider internet distribution through Amazon.Com. Will the new brand management team be exploring these distribution options for the rebranded 2016 MOTU line?
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

What is the average time frame of a Guardian of Grayskull's tenure? Decades? Millenniums? How long did Teela'Na and Kodak Ungor serve?
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    There were a group of fans who were unsatisfied with Mattel's choices concerning Battleground Evil-Lyn back in 2011. Just like how Filmation Hordak ended up being a straight up repaint of vintage Hordak angered lots of Filmation fans, Battleground Evil-Lyn being a repainted normal Evil-Lyn was jarring to 200X fans. Fans wanted the version of Evil-Lyn who looked a bit more unique -- that was the whole point of asking for a 200X Evil-Lyn in the first place.

So what are the chances of getting a proper 200X Evil-Lyn in the future?

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    I know you probably can't state outright, but any hints as to if Stridor/Nightstalker might be on the horizon ?

How committed is Mattel to completing the New Adventures vintage characters?
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, HAWKE, UNCLE MONTORK & DREE-ELLE, TUVAR, BADDHRA, KARG

How exactly did Skeletor get the kidnapped baby Adora to Despondos when it is so difficult to leave the dimension? Is it just easier to go there than it is to leave?
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

I'm a huge fan of this line and cant wait to have all the factions complete by 2015 even if, honestly, I dont feel my collection will be 100% complete; basically what are the chances to really wrap up ALL the vintage characters released in the 80s meaning precisely starbust she-ra, catra's variants and all of the remaining NA figures: artilla, battle blade skeletor, battle punch he-man, butt head, hoove, lizor to name a few.
    More playset (i.e. starship eternia) and vehicles (i.e. astrosub) would be cool too
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?

How and when does Mattel plan on telling fans which masters went with heman and shera to primus for the "new adventures" it seems that era has been skipped with no way conceivably to loop back around to tell us, in upcoming comics?

Now all the vintage POP heroic females are close to been done are you aware of the fan demand for the last big heroic female POP character Granita?. POP fans really want to add this missing heroic POP character to their collections.

With the rebranding of the line in 2016, will the new Mattel team offer fun and creative incentives for those who order next year's subscription? Like another customer voted character or maybe a vehicle this time, a color choice for an upcoming release, or to choose what will be included in a new weapons or heads pack.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O!!

The ankle articulation on MOTUC figures has become more and more limited, something made more problematic with the frequent loss of the boot cut articulation on a lot of the more unique sculpts we have been getting in the line - this loss of articulation is a real hindrance when it comes to posing, when looking to 2016 will the ankle articulation be looked into and improved? We need to be able to pose these figures!
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    The Twiggets, particularly Sprag, Spritina, and Sprocker, were prominent characters in the She-Ra cartoon. Some episodes were even centered around these characters. Is it a longshot to think the three main Twiggets could be released, even as unarticulated figurines if need-be?
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Will the entire 2016 line up for the rebranded/new line be revealed at SDCC?

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    If Mattel is now willing to reveal all subscription figures in advance before/during the subscribing period, could Mattel take the extra leap and make it so we can be allowed to choose the sub incentive? The 200X head pack did nothing for me, and I didn't sub (I didn't own any of the figures the heads went to, and I'm sure there were other fans who didn't either). So what if you gave us a choice to vote on an incentive, where you can give us 2-5 options to vote on what would be more enticing for us?

When and if Mattel get the chance to do Lord Masque is it possible for him to come with a Darkling like Shokoti did?

When there was so much wide spread issues with angella's poorly painted Eyes Skeletor's Love Child a Mattel employee posted the following to the fanbase.

Skeletor's Love Child
    posted April 22, 2015 06:03 PM

I wanted to let you know that you're not being ignored and your cries have not gone unheard. A discussion was held with our design and product management teams regarding this figure, and we sent the pictures as well as comments you posted to our factory counterparts. Though there is nothing that can be done for this particular character since the production run has been completed, we have notified our counterparts in Asia regarding the errors made with this figure and they will work with the vendors to make sure the best quality product is produced for future characters.

My question is this Has Mattel Made sure The Vendor in China is to make sure all eyes are to be painted correctly on female figures as well as male figures because early samples of Mara Of Primas show her to have the same derpy Eye syndrome that angella figures suffered and the statement above said going forward they will work with the vendors to make sure the best quality product is produced for future characters.
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

With Mara coming our way next month i have a question regarding Queen Grayskull:

Based on her outfit design it looks as if the bare midriff female bug will be used, similar to Mara and Huntara but those two don´t use the same thigh articulation with is unfortunate and some of the review showed Mara is restricted. Could you please make sure Queen Grayskull gets the same thighs as did Huntara?
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither