Thread: Have preorders on the new filmation and classics begun yet?

4-Wheeled Heroic Warrior Wheelor's Avatar

Have preorders on the new filmation and classics begun yet?

I'm having MotU withdrawals
    Quote the Raven
    "Nevermore"

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    Nothing yet
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

Brian Flynn Commented that with the unexpected delay in the Ultimates due to having to completely retool new molds for all the acessories he didn't feel right taking any more money from us until the Ultimates issue is resolved. I don't blame him one bit, If he just keeps taking our money but no product is getting delivered people will get upset and walk away from MOTUC's

Brian said once the Ultimates gets resolved then preorders for Collectors Choice wave one and Club Grayskull wave one will go up.
    Excited for 2017 with Brian Flynn of Super7 & Four Horsemen taking over the MOTUC's, Club Grayskull and Hopefully Thundercats collectors lines

They need to use this delay to reconsider making us buy all four Collectors Choice or Grayskulls in order to get any. Making people buy 1 NA adventure character and two super-obscure ones to get Hawke (who should be in the Filmation subscription anyway) is a very Matty-esque low blow.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    They need to use this delay to reconsider making us buy all four Collectors Choice or Grayskulls in order to get any. Making people buy 1 NA adventure character and two super-obscure ones to get Hawke (who should be in the Filmation subscription anyway) is a very Matty-esque low blow.
    Do you just want the line to stop then because that's what the result will be if they do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Soothe777 View Post
    Do you just want the line to stop then because that's what the result will be if they do that?
    That's going to be the result anyway. If only 1/4 of the figures are worth having each time, fewer and fewer people are going to get suckered into buying all four. I always hated that Matty expected the majority of customers to subsidize weird garbage or NA stuff for the small minority that wanted it. Super7's Collectors' Choice offerings are even worse. Hawke is clearly there to bait people to buy the other three. Here's a genius idea: only make figures that can stand on their own and not require a subsidy.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Heroic Warrior
    I'm most excited about Fangor myself. I'm sure there will be (if not already) a thread in buy/ sell marketplace to unload the ones you don't want. With every one in any faction being a d lister anyways I think this is the best way to do it, that way all fans can be repped.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeletorsTacoStand View Post
    I'm most excited about Fangor myself. I'm sure there will be (if not already) a thread in buy/ sell marketplace to unload the ones you don't want. With every one in any faction being a d lister anyways I think this is the best way to do it, that way all fans can be repped.
    Agreed. I think most people collecting at this point want them all (or most of them), and since they're all "less famous" characters, it makes sense to do them as a bundle, hopefully with the possibility of ordering extras. At 9 years and running, we're pretty deep into the character pool here, so any one character isn't going to be wildly popular outside of the hardcore fanbase. If folks don't want characters in the bundle, maybe they can work out trades or sell them in the marketplace or eBay. When I ordered two 2015 subs, I sold the second set and I'd say that I about broke even. I made a profit on a few characters and lost money on a few others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

I'd bet most anything that Hawke will be the hardest (most expensive) of this wave to get and that the New Adventures guy will be one step up from worthless.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Hexcellent Horror Hostess

Have preorders on the new filmation and classics begun yet?

I'd bet most anything that Hawke will be the hardest (most expensive) of this wave to get and that the New Adventures guy will be one step up from worthless.
    I'm sure Hawke WILL be very popular in the set. She is a long-requested character and comes with a Delora head. With that in mind, Lodar and Fangor actually scored higher than Hawke in the 2017 character polls.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-FINAL-RESULTS!

Quakke didn't do too badly in the polls either. I'm looking forward to him too. He's cool-looking and far from worthless, imo.

Bring them ALL on. Can't wait for the Classics and Club Grayskull wave 2 reveals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; April 15, 2017 at 03:34pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Personally, I hope that the Ultimates arrive before any more pre-orders go up. I want to see how the quality of Super 7's MOTUC figures turn out before I commit to buy any more.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Warrior
    Lodar is the main draw for me, closely followed by Fangor. Hawke and Quack (I say it how I see it) don't interest me much.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

If only 1/4 of the figures are worth having each time.
    You are speaking very much for yourself. I think Hawke is the worst figure of the four. Every character from this point on in CC is a niche character, and they all have their fans.
    Super7's character selection is influenced by popularity polls, it's not as though they've picked one hugely popular character and three from the bottom of the barrel like you're making out.

If I have to buy the odd character that I'm not crazy about in order to get more waves, in order get to more characters I DO care about, then so be it.

You can always sell the characters you don't like, or pay aftermarket price for just Hawke. You do have options.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    You are speaking very much for yourself. I think Hawke is the worst figure of the four. Every character from this point on in CC is a niche character, and they all have their fans.
    Super7's character selection is influenced by popularity polls, it's not as though they've picked one hugely popular character and three from the bottom of the barrel like you're making out.

You can always sell the characters you don't like, or pay aftermarket price for just Hawke. You do have options.
    You can't honestly believe that Hawke won't be the most expensive of these characters to acquire and the easiest to offload if you don't want her. The New Adventures Guy, meanwhile, will be almost impossible to sell. I suppose it's debatable whether Hawke is carrying the wave the way a few characters carried the last few years of full subs, but I am fairly confident that she will be very expensive on the secondary market while the others will be pretty easy to pick up for around cost.

We will see. You may try to argue that it's all Z-listers at this point, but there are still characters out there that I think Super7 will rely on to subsidize New Adventures and other garbage and I think that's just another Matty-esque kiss off to fans.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

I think Quakke looks the most fun out of all of them. I would take Fangor too. Not bothered about Lodar but would consider Hawke...
    Am thinking about a set but lodar is pretty boring IMO.

Heroic Warrior
    So Quakke, Fang-or, Lodar, and Hawke will be open for pre- orders on 5/5/2017. They are the Motu Classics set.
    When are the Filmation characters Hordak, Tee-la, Tri-Clops, and Man-at-Arms, available for Pre- order? Does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinSong2 View Post
    So Quakke, Fang-or, Lodar, and Hawke will be open for pre- orders on 5/5/2017. They are the Motu Classics set.
    When are the Filmation characters Hordak, Tee-la, Tri-Clops, and Man-at-Arms, available for Pre- order? Does anyone know?
    To my knowledge, they haven't said.

But with Super7 you have to scour youtube comments, leaks to forum members, the last seconds of a podcast, etc. to find out any information.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Heroic Warrior
    To my knowledge, they haven't said.

But with Super7 you have to scour youtube comments, leaks to forum members, the last seconds of a podcast, etc. to find out any information.
    Not sure why you are bashing S7, I got a very clear, unambiguous mail for the Classics pre-order date. I see no reason why we wouldn't receive one for the Filmation figures when they are ready......then again, I have read your other comments and it looks like you just have an issue with S7 in general.

Taken from the mail:

"The MOTU Classics pre-order for Quakke, Fangor, Hawke, and Lodar will start on Friday, May 5th at Super7Store.com."

I always hated that Matty expected the majority of customers to subsidize weird garbage or NA stuff for the small minority that wanted it.
    At this point in the line there is NOTHING left that is universally demanded. Everything will be devisive to some extent, unless you're an "all-in" collector (which thankfully there seem to be enough MOTU fans who are based on the longevity of the line). Of what is most wanted however many NA characters, including Quakke, were near the top of the polls conducted here. If a big company like Mattel needed to do a subscription to get out all the figures then I would expect nothing less from a smaller operation like Super 7 ... except that they are actually slicing them up into smaller waves AND letting us pay in installments, which are both big improvements in my book.

Also, Lodar is like the number one most fan demanded character at this point when you exclude the She-Ra figures they couldn't do yet (like Hunga and Granita), so not sure why you think Hawke is being used to bait people into buying him

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, both Lodar AND Fang-Or were in the top 10 and higher than Hawke in the fan polls ... and Quakke is also among the first stringers. Out of what was available to them and what's left to do, I can't imagine too many other lineups that would have hit on as many facets as this one did. You've got a Filmation, NA, mini-comic, and a modern character. It's a diverse lineup that clearly reflects the desires of the fan community at large, even if it doesn't cater to everyones personal and specific tastes (which is impossible for them to do and ridiculous for anyone to expect of them).

Screen Shot 2017-04-30 at 1.46.54 PM.png
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2017!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

Poll or no poll, there will be a lot of Quakkes available for cost or even below cost for a very long time. Anyone who doesn't think that is just arguing for arguing's sake.

I'm reasonably confident that if I bought all four figures (subscribed, as it were), I would not be able to unload Quakke and at least one other figure for enough to make that a better deal than just buying Hawke (for probably $50 each) at a store.

Super7 is still manipulating the majority of customers into subsidizing the collecting needs of a small minority. Matty did this every year (and more so in the last few years as more NA junk was made). I just don't get it. Don't make figures that can't pay for themselves.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

You only need look at Shecky's thread in the Marketplace for the MOTUC pre-orders from him to see just how popular Quakke is. Infact he was on the verge of scrapping selling the figures again entirely due to that fact. Luckily someone stepped up to order Quakke and with Super7 now allowing extras to be bought once you order the initial wave he's able to offer it again.

I think Super7 need to look at the sales figures of Quakke and then seriously consider whether there is a large enough demand for NA characters.
    New want List:

Collector's Choice: Hunga the Harpy, Catra Cat Form, Twiggets, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.
    Filmation Club Grayskull: Webstor, Kobra Khan, Count Marzo, Ram Man, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna and Frosta.