Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are The New Matty Facebook Images Leading Us To An '87 Movie-Related Reveal?

Are The New Matty Facebook Images Leading Us To An '87 Movie-Related Reveal?

So on Facebook the past two days we've seen "ads" featuring Skeletor and Teela, with respective quotes direct from the '87 movie. Skeletor is numbered 1/10. Teela is 2/10. I wonder if 10/10 will be a new figure reveal... of Saurod? Gwildor? Karg?! Surely they're not putting movie quotes on these ads just to be cheeky...
    Top Ten Next Reveals Wanted: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Mermista, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Tung Lashor

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    I have just seen 'em yes...among the few things we get by reading between the lines,
    the only one that gets me really EXCITED is of course " a mini sub " planned for next year.
    Problem...we'd have to wait another seven months to find out how reliable that is.

Commenters over there are saying the Teela quote is from episode "Day of the Machines"? Unless I misunderstood something.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!

I'm waiting for, "Outnumbered? More like Outclassed."
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

Nice idea. Maybe a Gwildor reveal?
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Golems for 2016! AdultCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    Commenters over there are saying the Teela quote is from episode "Day of the Machines"? Unless I misunderstood something.
    Teela's quote "This whole thing smells of Skeletor" can be found just after the 9:20 mark in the episode. I believe this is simply a way of advertising the 2015 subscriptions, as they are mentioned at the bottom of the images.

A quick IMDB search points to the end of the '87 movie for the quote included with the Skeletor image:

He-Man: I have the power!
    Skeletor: YOU! You will no longer stand between me and my destiny!
    He-Man: But I will! I told you that it's always between us!
    Skeletor: I ache to smash you out of existence! To drive your cursed face from my memories forever!
    He-Man: Enough talk!
    Skeletor: YES! Let this be our final battle!

Last edited by AdultCollector; July 8, 2014 at 07:34pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    I think MattyCollector is telling us we're getting "Byte" as one of our 2015's beast, yes...her quote is from episode 68 "Day of the Machines" and this episode is about Byte. Now I don't know whats up with the first pic of Skeletor.

Just some fun marketing. Of course, all the Johnny-Come-Latelies on FB seem to be in tears because they missed Teela. I do think they should get a pass at her, but this truck is chugging along on roads too far from that place for it to make sense. A good 2.0 in. 2016 is likely the best bet at a Teela, unless they want BGTEELA.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KelvAcos View Post
    I think MattyCollector is telling us we're getting "Byte" as one of our 2015's beast, yes...her quote is from episode 68 "Day of the Machines" and this episode is about Byte. Now I don't know whats up with the first pic of Skeletor.
    Byte > Kremzeek

-=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

I think it is just some fun marketing... Nothing really to read into too much... Just be happy Mattel is doing some marketing this year!
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Unfortunately, this is probably related to the Baby Skeletor doll. Ten days of potty jokes.

I myself was wondering what these ads are hinting at! I hope it's hinting at god skeletor( at this point I'm reaching) as it's the one main figure I want to see before the line ends.
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Ah, I thought the Teela quote was from the movie. Anyhoo...
    Top Ten Next Reveals Wanted: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Mermista, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Tung Lashor

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    If there are ten of them, it would be a stretch to believe these are ~each~ specifically referencing a figure release. The chance of it being Byte are beyond abysmal (though it would be sweetness for Scooby-Doo fans), and we already know the movie figures are coming.

I think they might just be picking popular characters, finding good quotes made by that character from somewhere, and using them so that the quote was accurately made by them?

It would be sweet to see these ultimately revealing something (that's not a variant). Can't wait to see these roll out to completion. It's pretty fun.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I think they are just figure ads using quotes from various media. I guess we will see what today's says.

Besides, since it takes soooo long to make changes to figures, surely they couldn't get figure rights this year and somehow plop movie figures into the first part of 2015 (which is what would be shown at SDCC), could they?
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    I think they are just figure ads using quotes from various media. I guess we will see what today's says.

Besides, since it takes soooo long to make changes to figures, surely they couldn't get figure rights this year and somehow plop movie figures into the first part of 2015 (which is what would be shown at SDCC), could they?
    Well, they already have the rights for Gwildor and Saurod.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    As amazing as it would be to have a MOTU 87 sub, I don't expect to see any figures from the movie released other then Saurod and Gwildor. Mattel would need to secure the rights to make the other characters, and I don't see that happening.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Heroic Warrior
    I'd kill a man to get 87 movie figures. Karg please and oiled body super mullet Dolf. Yeah baby.

Heroic Warrior Bender Rodríguez's Avatar
    I can't get why so many people want Karg.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bender Rodríguez View Post
    I can't get why so many people like PoP, but hey.

Aside from getting Karg, I really don't see the appeal of getting 87 movie figures. It really surprises me how many want this given the general tepid response the movie gets in the fan community. I don't dislike the movie, but don't get the overwhelming desire to make figures from it, either.
    formerly wayneepoo, now with better name!

Most Wanted (Remaining)
    Vintage MOTU: Blast Attack, Dragstor
    POP:Angella, Mermista, Peekablue
    NA:Tuskador, Quakke, Sagitar
    Filmation:Lizard Man, Dylamug, Vultak
    But in reality I want them ALL!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Aside from getting Karg, I really don't see the appeal of getting 87 movie figures. It really surprises me how many want this given the general tepid response the movie gets in the fan community. I don't dislike the movie, but don't get the overwhelming desire to make figures from it, either.
    Lol, dude... You have a Tuskador avatar... Want a classics version of him?

If it's about popularity, 87 movie is more 'known' to people than new adventures or PoP supporting characters, yet plenty of those are already classicised. It's all good.

Also, how about a Detective Lubic figure? HELL. YESS.

Plus, Karg is totally Joan Rivers. Lots of people must want a Joan Rivers doll. This could totally be a great stand in for her.

Quote Originally Posted by lemur View Post
    Lol, dude... You have a Tuskador avatar... Want a classics version of him?
    Yes, I absolutely want a classics version of Tuskador, and I think it would look way more interesting than 98% of any figures that would come from the 87 movie.

If it's about popularity, 87 movie is more 'known' to people than new adventures or PoP supporting characters, yet plenty of those are already classicised. It's all good.
    It's almost a daily mantra around here to talk about how NA sucks and doesn't belong to MOTU or this line, yet the movie, seemingly, is much more accepted. I would have expected them to at least be around the same category in the fan community, because traditionally the movie was not well-received by MOTU fans.

I'm just saying I'm surprised by the support for 87 movie figures. I'd buy them, but they would be far from my favorite figures. Much in the same way I know that many feel about NA and POP. Less popular characters definitely deserve some representation, and if these are the less popular characters you want to root for, that's fine. I'm all for more figures in this line, but these are way low on my personal list.

Also, how about a Detective Lubic figure? HELL. YESS.
    Uhh, hell NO for me.

Plus, Karg is totally Joan Rivers. Lots of people must want a Joan Rivers doll. This could totally be a great stand in for her.
    I'd totally be up for a Karg figure, but not really getting the Joan Rivers comparison.
    formerly wayneepoo, now with better name!

Most Wanted (Remaining)
    Vintage MOTU: Blast Attack, Dragstor
    POP:Angella, Mermista, Peekablue
    NA:Tuskador, Quakke, Sagitar
    Filmation:Lizard Man, Dylamug, Vultak
    But in reality I want them ALL!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bender Rodríguez View Post
    Because we originally got Gwildor, Blade and Saurod. Karg is also a new character from the 1987 movie who was put into the Vintage toy canon. Karg is a glaring holdout, like how Queen Marlena never made the Vintage line, despite getting her husband and son.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Well, they already have the rights for Gwildor and Saurod.
    Yes, but we know they are coming. Why do 10 part lead up to that reveal?

That is why I just think they are advertisements for the sub to lead in to SDCC and not meant to be teasing anything specific.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!