Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Mara Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Warrior Bender Rodríguez's Avatar

MOTUC Mara Video Review by Pixel Dan

Dan's back with a new review! This time he takes a look at the upcoming Mara from MattyCollector. Check it out!

Personally, I think she is a good figure, she turned out better than I expected.

Heroic Warrior
    Isn't her ponytail supposed to shorten? I thought it could separate at the middle clasp and you could move the mace up. Maybe? Am I remembering wrong?
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

FINALLY! Thank you for that review.

Quote Originally Posted by guy-dude View Post
    Isn't her ponytail supposed to shorten? I thought it could separate at the middle clasp and you could move the mace up. Maybe? Am I remembering wrong?
    No, you are not mistaken. When Matty presented her in one of their videos it was first shown how her braids worked and the Fwoosh photo review showed that as well.

I really like that figure and i´m glad she looks as good as she does!
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

she is stunning, one of the best realized females in the entirety of the line. figures like Mara (and Fisto and Bow and Dragon Man and and and and and) illustrate why the 4Horsemen should've been making the majority of the decisions when it comes to MOTUC.

the lack of ankle tilt is quite disappointing but not at all surprising from Matty.

On a hill in the woods just around the corner
    Good review Dan! She looks great!!

I believe she is the August figure though (and not July).
    ......... ........

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Snake Mountain Man, Filmation Mer-Man, NA Prince Adam, Dylamug, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Delora/Hawke, Dree-Elle/Montork, Tuvar, Badrah, Disco Skeletor, Songster, & Stridor

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

Wow, what a treat. Thanks Dan. There have been so many MOTUC reviews made available by you lately.

She looks like the best human female figure we have had. Really looking forward to adding her to my Galactic Guardians. Hope we get all of NA sooner or later.

I remain increasingly disappointed with the articulation on a lot of the recent figures. It almost seems like with the more unique sculpts we have to expect the cost to be made up with less poseability. With the thigh articulation limited she really needed that boot cut.

That being said Mara looks beautiful and I am very pleased with how she turned out.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

It's ironic how NA is so overlooked and yet when translated into classics become the most detailed, unique and amazing figures of the line.

imo

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    It's ironic how NA is so overlooked and yet when translated into classics become the most detailed, unique and amazing figures of the line.

imo
    I agree. They are some of the ones I look forward to the most as they are so different in their designs which are finally done justice in the classics size.

She looks great; I'm excited to get her.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

imo
    Yep--imagine how amazing Sagitar could be....

Great review by Pixel Dan! She looks great. Hope I get one with clean paint! She reminds me of Lara Croft with that color scheme.

This is one bad-ass figure! She will be the one and only NA figure I will buy
    Welcome to my Shapeways shop (Filmation inspired heads and accessories)
    http://www.shapeways.com/shops/eternalcustoms
    My facebook page:
    https://m.facebook.com/eternalcustoms
    Most Wanted MOTUC: Melaktha, Kittrina, King Helios, Colossor, Zilora, Dragoon

Heroic Warrior
    Mara's another great figure! The female figures are some of the best in the line.
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, stratosfear, and Mulletor.

Mara looks amazing! Really great detail on her and what an impressive head & face sculpt! She fits in perfect with the rest of Galactic Protectors faction and she would fit in great with the Great Rebellion and Heroic Warriors too! Looking forward to Mara and more NA in the future.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan, Masters of the Universe Classics Mara of Primus Figure Video Review, June 29th, 2015 (7:05)
    Lot of great new things going on with Mara here and the articulation functions very well.
    The articulation functions well? Seriously?

SOOO excited to receive this figure, and I didn't even watch NA as a kid. The 4H are geniuses when it comes to reimagining NA characters in Classics form! Also, really glad to see the eyes on Dan's are both facing forward. I was getting worried from all of the pictures I had seen so far. This one looks great! Can't wait.
    Some remaining, post 2016-Reveals, WANTS:
    Kittrina, Garth, Master Sebrian, Lodar, Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Slime Pit He-Man, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Granita, Lady Slither, Dylamug, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, Horde Mummy, Quakke, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast...and hoping to someday see a Fright Zone with Slime Pit!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    She looks awesome, great to finally see her getting released.

I want Crita even more now!
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    Yep--imagine how amazing Sagitar could be....
    Sagitar would be epic, but then again so would a ram man sized TUSKADOR

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosed Ovor View Post
    The articulation functions well? Seriously?
    He didn't say she had tons of articulation, just that what she has functions very well. Those aren't the same thing.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Karg, Andros, Monstroid, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Sagitar would be epic, but then again so would a ram man sized TUSKADOR
    I think both of those need to happen.
    Some remaining, post 2016-Reveals, WANTS:
    Kittrina, Garth, Master Sebrian, Lodar, Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Slime Pit He-Man, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Granita, Lady Slither, Dylamug, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, Horde Mummy, Quakke, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast...and hoping to someday see a Fright Zone with Slime Pit!

Master of New Adventures!
    Fantastic! As expected from Pixel Dan, a comprehensive and insightful review. Can't ya just sense his passion for all things MOTU from his delivery? I've been interviewed many times throughout my career, but I have to say, from when I sat down with him a few years ago at Power-Con, that Pixel Dan is my all time favorite interviewer.

Huge kudos, of course, to The 4H -- the all-time greatest toy designers, imo...and I've known a lot of great toy designers.

What I find particularly exciting is that Mara was one of the characters that was not in the original character presentation Mattel made to me but was, instead, someone I came up with on my own. I have an enduring gratitude to Mattel -- which was wonderful to work with on every level -- for giving me the latitude to create primary characters of my own.

By extension, I'm now hoping MOTUC will follow up with my personal favorite, the amazing Crita!
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; June 29, 2015 at 04:54pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    He didn't say she had tons of articulation, just that what she has functions very well. Those aren't the same thing.
    Works well how? It allows her to stand up straight? Her leg articulation isn't much better than an 80's Super Powers figure. Normally I'm a fan of Dan's reviews but he totally dropped the ball on this one. This review doesn't come across as remotely objective. It comes across as an ad.

Mara came out amazing. She really seems to fit well in the vibe of classics much better. A+ figure--- and fun review. My Second NA character.