Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics SDCC Hordak w/ Imp Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics SDCC Hordak w/ Imp Video Review by Pixel Dan

Hey guys,

My review of the SDCC Hordak is live! Enjoy!

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I'm not gonna lie. I like this version more than any other Hordak in MOTUC.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    I'm not gonna lie. I like this version more than any other Hordak in MOTUC.
    No reason to lie. Nothing wrong with that!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Doesn't look bad, but without the Filmation head, it seems a kinda pointless re-paint. Such a wasted opportunity. If this figure had been a proper Filmation Hordak, it would have been such a crowd pleaser. Can't believe matty wasted that in with such an obvious bad choice.
    Last edited by Rodster6; June 24, 2014 at 05:50pm.

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Great review Dan...and great shirt. I have that shirt as well.

Love the colors of Hordak, but agree that it would have been better with the Filmation Head. At least we are getting Imp.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Dan do you have a Kevin Kosse filmation Hordak head we can see on this?

He's grown on me…I'll definitely get him. BUT…I'm still hoping they release a REAL Filmation style head with another figure or with a head pack. Thanks for the review PD!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Such a lazy figure, there was literally no effort put in to this. I'll get it for Imp, that's the only selling point for me.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Dragstor : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Saurod

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    No reason to lie. Nothing wrong with that!
    I do wish he had a true Filmation head, but man I've been waiting for this blue version.

Heroic Warrior
    Nice review. His arm cannon is not compatible with the other arm attachments? That seems kind of ridiculous to me. I was kind of looking forward to giving him the black HH attachments.

Since I never picked up Hurricane Hordak, I'll still get this guy for the blue skin and arm cannon. Still, it is just kind of sad how this figure could have easily (should have, really) been so much better. A Filmation head and cowl should have been no-brainers. I also feel they should have given him an arm cannon for his right arm as well, so we could choose our preferred side or have him dual-wielding. And again, making the cannons incompatible with older arm attachments is just a kind of baffling decision, given how much cross-figure compatibility is a feature of this line. The staff is incredibly lackluster, and probably could have been dropped completely without anyone even caring.

Imp seems fine to me though, but maybe that's because I never cared too much for him as a character.

Heroic Warrior
    Hey Dan, is his right arm removable also? (Like Optikk and Trap Jaw)

Great video! Odd pronunciation of Loo-Kee's name. Very glad Dan brought up the head sculpt.

I still facepalm every time I see this figure. This is definitely the most disappointed I've been with anything released in this entire line. What an epic miss.

Dan,

What's under his armor, is his upper torso blue or black?
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

Best Hordak. Head is fine. I will be happy to get a more Filmation one if it happens. But if not, I can live with it. My first Filmation Hordak.

Will give the staff to the UK Horde Prime custom, much like I gave him the silver Hordak Crossbow. So that's ok.

Still wish he had 2 cannon arms, but maybe someday I'll custom one. May have to get 2 of these so that I can have one with two flesh arms and the normal head, and then if they do a New Sculpt (or I break down & buy one of the fan made ones) put that cannon arm on it.

Digging the colors but he's the same sculpt as the THREE previous versions of him in this line although Spirit of Hordak has the cape. I can't believe Mattel dropped the ball on the new head sculpt .
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I like 'em! A lot more than I thought I would, anyway. Hey Dan: Is the ball joint on his robot hand the same kind of ball joint that connects Extendar together? If so, can you give him a goofy long hand?
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Hey Dan, is his right arm removable also? (Like Optikk and Trap Jaw)
    Also curious about this. For science!
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

I never really had a problem with the figure, but never really had any intention of buying him just because he is a variant I had no need for... but...after seeing the reviews you have convinced me to buy him Dan. Curse you!
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Great and fair review. One point: It is actually the FOURTH MOTUC Hordak including the Cherry-Flavored variant.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Getting my first custom for MOTUC - a custom FILMation head that looks amazing. Ridiculous that Scott did not go with a FILMation head and cowl. 98% of fans wanted that.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

I'd rather this variant (or any variant) didn't exist at all. But since he does, glad they kept the same head sculpt, not interested in multiple looks for the same character.

Got me a custom Filmation Head & Bone collar coming my way for my SDCC Hordak

Last edited by mjw41; June 25, 2014 at 12:04am.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Got me a custom Filmation Head & Bone collar coming my way for my SDCC Hordak

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...ps986c9f09.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...ps77cd858d.jpg
    While that head is cartoon accurate, the Classics head in white looks pretty amazing. The eyes of the Classics head are so much more evil and threatening than the Filmation version which is why I don't much care for any Filmation variant.

[QUOTE=mjw41;3473084]Got me a custom Filmation Head & Bone collar coming my way for my SDCC Hordak

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...psee6c5df7.jpg

Where did you get this? Who made this? I've seen many custom Filmation heads, but that bone colar looks amazing!
    I d love to get one too.

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    While that head is cartoon accurate, the Classics head in white looks pretty amazing. The eyes of the Classics head are so much more evil and threatening than the Filmation version which is why I don't much care for any Filmation variant.
    if the matty head is your thing then more power to ya. I personally want him as filmation accurate as i can get him. I love Filmation which is why a good friend is making me this comission piece.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line