Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED Trademarks List: New, Unused And/Or Notable

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    The problem with that is, what is "needed" is subjective. Every person here has a different opinion of what they need/want and you can't list them all. As it was, your list didn't have several characters that I know I wanted, like Melaktha, Delora, Melog, etc. So it's best to just keep it to what is trademarked. If people don't see their character then it automatically is needed and they don't need to look any further.
    Fair enough , You have a good point that everyone's idea of who should be coming out is different, i will revamp the list to reflect that, although i will keep certain characters that are reported shoe ins from the the fan choice voting thread that we had that put Geldor in our Nov 2013 slot, as Mattel has pretty much confirmed these characters. That thread can be found here to verify what I'm saying.
    http://www.he-man.org/news_article.php?id=2252

- - - Updated - - -

**Edited for Accuracry, Looks like no new mutants for a while, but GG has some potentials**
    So the way the list works is that under each faction i listed all the trademarks exist for that faction, then underneath the ones that are needed, and finally, if applicable, characters from each faction that are highly likely of having characters made based on the Fan Choice Poll we had last year http://www.he-man.org/news_article.php?id=2252 . If a character doesn't appear in any one of these categories, then until further information providing us with concrete evidence or a trademark, they will remain off of it.

Note: I pulled out Wind Raider Pilot and Songster, due to the public outcry for non concept characters to be put on the back burner, but it should be noted that Songster had is trademark due to the fact that he was in the running for the Fan Choice award

This list should hopefully make things a little easier to understand in the future

Masters
    Rio Blast
    Stonedar
    Gwildor
    Rokkon

Needed
    Extender
    Rotar
    Eldor

Filmation needed
    Lizardman

Dare, Son of Heman
    Dare

POP
    Glimmer
    Castaspella
    Sweet Bee
    Spinnerella
    Mermista
    Madame Razz and Broom
    Kowl

Needed
    Angella
    Peekablue
    Flutterina
    Perfuma
    Double Troble
    Loo-kee

Filmation needed
    Sea Hawk

Galactic Guardians
    Hydron
    Darius
    Tuskador

Needed
    Kayo
    Artilla
    Spinwit
    Sagitar
    Vizar
    Nocturna

Jetlag needed
    Mara

Evil Warriors
    Two Bad

Needed
    Ninjor
    Blade
    Saurod
    Twistoid

Filmation needed
    Strongarm
    Icer
    Goatman

Horde
    Mantenna
    Horde Troopers
    Modulok
    Multi-Bot
    Dymalug
    Despera

Needed
    Dragstor
    Entrapta

Filmation Needed
    Scorpia
    Imp

Snakemen
    Tung Lashor

Needed
    Squeeze
    Blast Attack

Space Mutants

Needed
    Flogg
    Quake
    Butthead
    Lizzor
    Staghorn
    Hoove

Jetlag needed
    Crita

Mini Comic
    Lodar
    Oo-Larr

Mini comic Needed

200x
    Ceratus
    Lord Dactus

Needed
    Calix
    Prahvus

Independent
    Shokoti
    Batros

Independent Needed
    Masque

Vehicles
    Battle Ram Chariot
    Silver Storm
    Cyrstal Castle
    Last edited by facet; February 12, 2013 at 10:33am.

facet,

I still think your list is confusing. For example, is the name Lizard Man trademarked or does it need to be trademarked? It's not clear...

Quote Originally Posted by UTK007 View Post
    facet,

I still think your list is confusing. For example, is the name Lizard Man trademarked or does it need to be trademarked? It's not clear...
    Where's Veena?
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

So the way the list works is that under each faction i listed all the trademarks exist for that faction, then underneath the ones that are needed, and finally, if applicable, characters from each faction that are highly likely of having characters made based on the Fan Choice Poll we had last year http://www.he-man.org/news_article.php?id=2252 . If a character doesn't appear in any one of these categories, then until further information providing us with concrete evidence or a trademark, they will remain off of it. Hope this Clarifies it a bit more

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    So the way the list works is that under each faction i listed all the trademarks exist for that faction, then underneath the ones that are needed, and finally, if applicable, characters from each faction that are highly likely of having characters made based on the Fan Choice Poll we had last year http://www.he-man.org/news_article.php?id=2252 . If a character doesn't appear in any one of these categories, then until further information providing us with concrete evidence or a trademark, they will remain off of it. Hope this Clarifies it a bit more
    I like your list. Good job

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I like your list. Good job
    Thanks He-dad!!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I can't believe that Flutterina isn't trademarked yet...

...yet she was already shown, and murdered, in Despera's comic.

Way to go, Mattel!/sarcasm
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

And, Scott has been mentioning her forever.

I want to see a 4H version of her.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Where's Veena?
    Mattel can't use "Veena" because it has been trademarked elsewhere. Maybe Queen Veena or something.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

I really want to see Flutterina also, she's one of my most wanted characters and I think she could look amazing with those big wings.

Queen Grayskull would be great

And yes!!! I love Flutterina to and want her as MOTUC figure!!!

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Mattel can't use "Veena" because it has been trademarked elsewhere. Maybe Queen Veena or something.
    @Facet
    Then by that logic Strongarm needs to be removed, as it's owned by Nerf
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

I find it very weird how the Nerf Strongarm product is even in the same colour scheme as MOTU Strongarm!!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Hey Bcrduke, do you think we would see Flutterina before..say...Castaspella or Glimmer? I know that Scott has mentioned Flutterina a few times before, but more so as to say, would you rather (list most wanted character here), instead of Flutterina, things like that. I personally would LOVE to have Flutterina as she is one of my most wanted POP ladies and think the 4H would do an amazing job on her.

I want more of the unique looking characters like her, Mermista, Sweetbee, and Peekablue. I of course want Castaspella and Glimmer, but if Mattel keeps a majority of the heavy hitters for the 14 Sub, they will definitly get the minimum required to go forward with the sub.

Was Flutterina even trademarked? I know the other ladies have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Nianotreve View Post
    @Facet
    Then by that logic Strongarm needs to be removed, as it's owned by Nerf
    Strongarm is on the list cause he was on the "Obvious list that He-man.org got from Mattel, Although he might not be called Strongarm in the end, I leave his name on there so everyone knows who we are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Loo-Kee View Post

Hey Bcrduke, do you think we would see Flutterina before..say...Castaspella or Glimmer? I know that Scott has mentioned Flutterina a few times before, but more so as to say, would you rather (list most wanted character here), instead of Flutterina, things like that. I personally would LOVE to have Flutterina as she is one of my most wanted POP ladies and think the 4H would do an amazing job on her.

I want more of the unique looking characters like her, Mermista, Sweetbee, and Peekablue. I of course want Castaspella and Glimmer, but if Mattel keeps a majority of the heavy hitters for the 14 Sub, they will definitly get the minimum required to go forward with the sub.

Was Flutterina even trademarked? I know the other ladies have been.

I think we will see Castaspella and Glimmer before Flutterina.

I think Scott mentioning Flutterina is based solely on the fact that her name is easy to remember, and he wants to sound like he "knows" pop.

I have zero faith in us getting all the pop characters at this point.

What Scott likes has been given priority. Fortunately the polls here and on the Matty forums have given evidence that the pop characters actually DO have a lot of support among the customer base.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I think Scott mentioning Flutterina is based solely on the fact that her name is easy to remember, and he wants to sound like he "knows" pop.

What Scott likes has been given priority. Fortunately the polls here and on the Matty forums have given evidence that the pop characters actually DO have a lot of support among the customer base.
    I share the same fear as you. I don't think we'll be seeing characters like Flutterina, Perfuma, or Double Trouble. I personally could do without DT, but the other girls who were part of the cartoon series is a must. AND I hope they don't group characters like Entrapta as POP when she really is a Horde Member.

Well, only time will tell. By chance, did Scott mention how many POP characters we would be getting in 2013, I always forget this, but I'm sure this was mentioned. I know Netossa counts, so is there another one or two? If there is only one other POP character, it will most likely be Glimmer or Castaspella.

Quote Originally Posted by Loo-Kee View Post
    I share the same fear as you. I don't think we'll be seeing characters like Flutterina, Perfuma, or Double Trouble. I personally could do without DT, but the other girls who were part of the cartoon series is a must. AND I hope they don't group characters like Entrapta as POP when she really is a Horde Member.

Well, only time will tell. By chance, did Scott mention how many POP characters we would be getting in 2013, I always forget this, but I'm sure this was mentioned. I know Netossa counts, so is there another one or two? If there is only one other POP character, it will most likely be Glimmer or Castaspella.
    He said at least two vintage POP characters for 2013 which means after Netossa at least one more since Octavia is FILMATION POP and an official Horde member.

I would be heart broken if that character would be Kowl as i wish for some of the female characters but he is trademarked already...

Itīs not that i donīt want him but i actually donīt need him.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Ouch on so many levels.

I'll continue to hope for Glimmer, Angela, Castaspella, and Mermista at least. Peekablue seems like she has a decent chance though because Netossa is basically her with a different head and no feathers. I admit I really don't care about Kowl or Loo-Kee until I know we're getting that first four at least. Geesh, I feel like we're trying to guess the seating chart of the lifeboats on the Titanic.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Ouch on so many levels.

I'll continue to hope for Glimmer, Angela, Castaspella, and Mermista at least. Peekablue seems like she has a decent chance though because Netossa is basically her with a different head and no feathers. I admit I really don't care about Kowl or Loo-Kee until I know we're getting that first four at least. Geesh, I feel like we're trying to guess the seating chart of the lifeboats on the Titanic.
    Instant depressing from reading that analogy of MOTUC and it really sinking in.

@ my pun.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; February 1, 2013 at 06:01pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

CRYSTAL CASTLE is now in the system. Mattel hasn't had an active trademark for a Crystal Castle in over 20 years. But the thing is, this is the Goods & Services description:

IC 028. US 022 023 038 050. G & S: DOLLS, DOLL CLOTHING AND DOLL ACCESSORIES; DOLL PLAYSETS AND ACCESSORIES THEREFOR

...so it may or may not be related to the Princess of Power / Masters of the Universe properties.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    I find it very weird how the Nerf Strongarm product is even in the same colour scheme as MOTU Strongarm!!
    Hmmm, not cool
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    CRYSTAL CASTLE is now in the system. Mattel hasn't had an active trademark for a Crystal Castle in over 20 years. But the thing is, this is the Goods & Services description:

IC 028. US 022 023 038 050. G & S: DOLLS, DOLL CLOTHING AND DOLL ACCESSORIES; DOLL PLAYSETS AND ACCESSORIES THEREFOR

...so it may or may not be related to the Princess of Power / Masters of the Universe properties.
    Weird. If Mattel has a TM for a name though, they can use it cross properties (like Clawdeen Wolf, can be used for Clawdeen). We were told that, at least

With the success of Monster High, perhaps Mattel might finally be willing to explore a similar path for Princess Of Power and create a new line of dolls in time for the 30th anniversary.
    Or maybe it's just being trademarked for use in the bios.
    Or- would Mattel need to file a trademark for Crystal Castle if another company like Icon Heroes were to do a statue of it?
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    I think you're the second guy around here to notice that as well .

Regards,
    Victor P.