Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED Trademarks List: New, Unused And/Or Notable

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    'tis a mini-comic character. The giant with four arms.

http://www.he-man.org/publishing/item.php?id=303

*still can't think straight*
    Thanks and whaoo I like him very much

OMG Spinnerella, Netossa, Star Sisters, my wife is going to drop dead
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    That is so cool - Spikor, KK and Jitsu finally TM'd.

Even though I'm not a fan - I'm really giddy over the Star Sisters and Netossa

Oh, and I can't wait for Tuskador - my most wanted "Galactic Protector"

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Dying. I cannot right now.

Tons of new trademarks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FROSTA
    GRANAMYR
    JITSU
    JEWELSTAR
    KOBRA KHAN
    NETOSSA
    PROCRUSTUS
    RIO BLAST
    STARLA
    STAR SISTERS
    SPIKOR
    SPINNERELLA
    STONEDAR
    TUSKADOR
    TALLSTAR

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...y2/omgface.gif
    OMG! The Star Sisters, Frosta, Netossa and Spinny!

Really good to see Jitsu in there also.

*overbubblingwithexcitement*

I was expecting Frosta, but not Spinnerella or Netossa- so excited for those two!!! Hoping for another POP lady in 2011 and an influx of them in 2012!!!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

I'm really excited of the new Princess of Power trademarks! I'm ready to see some of the more vibrant characters translated in Classics form. Can't wait!

Thanks for the update, Tallstar.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I'm glad to see that so many POP characters are getting trademarked. I'm wondering if we will see Frosta before the year closes. Scott mentioned in an interview before that we will Frosta sooner rather than later, and now the recent TM on her name makes me think that may be the case.

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    The real question is which of these are trademarks we took out just to throw you off? (don't think we don't know fans scour the trademark office to try and get scoops! We're not just going to spill the beans like this you know!)

But! ...Now that you filed for them...you may as well use them, right Scooter?
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    Sure. In time. That is the beauty. We do plan to get to all the figures from the vintage line in time if the Classics line continues (and it is showing no signs of slowing down!). But by no means does a Trademark mean a figure is coming any sooner then later. Knowing in the long term we want to maintain active TMs on every MOTU character, taking out Trademarks for figures a bit longer down the road isn't a "waste".

But it is a good way to throw you guys off a bit; knowing you love to scour the trademark database!
    Last edited by Toyguru; March 26, 2011 at 12:22pm.

Oh, I know, Scooter. I just like to poke. I have faith that we'll see them all eventually, and I'm not particular on the order. I'm in for the long haul!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

It looks like we're getting a good influx of POP coming our way!! you just made my day!

That's a really awesome list of new trademarks. Just made my morning. Now I need them in plastic form!!! Scott, get on that!
    END OF LINE

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Sure. In time. That is the beauty. We do plan to get to all the figures from the vintage line in time if the Classics line continues (and it is showing no signs of slowing down!). But by no means does a Trademark mean a figure is coming any sooner then later. Knowing in the long term we want to maintain active TMs on every MOTU character, taking out Trademarks for figures a bit longer down the road isn't a "waist".

But it is a good way to throw you guys off a bit; knowing you love to scour the trademark database!
    Did you mean waste or is the "waist" a hint? Also, it tells us if you CAN do a figure. We still know that no trademark = no figure as Mattel legal would never let a figure be released without a trademark unless it was something that COULDN'T be trademarked. I heard they were going to TM the name Toyguru soon.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    LOL I can see Tuskador being the one to throw us off. I hope it ain't Frosta. We still need a female by Christmas and who better than her?

Geez that list is like 40% POP... and no Mermista....

We'll get our sweet little fish-babe in time. I'm certain!

Frosta at Christmas is one of my predictions for this year.

Here's how I look at the whole trademarks thing...

I'm guessing management at Mattel would view it as risky/a waste of money to file for a trademark on each and every one of the characters all at once (a surefire way to confuse the hell out of us), otherwise they would have already done that. I mean, chances are nothing after the 2012 line-up is locked-in, even though they may be developing characters beyond that year. At the same time, I'm thinking they have to have the trademarks squared-away early on, and have some leeway to work further into the future. Perhaps a year after the last locked-in year. Soooo...logically speaking, I would venture to say this means the bulk of the characters filed for have to be coming within the next 2 years. Sure, maybe there are some red herrings thrown in there, but the real ones have to outweight the "phony" ones.

That said, knowing my luck, the Star Sisters are the ones meant to throw us off.
    Last edited by Tallstar; March 26, 2011 at 12:36pm.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    *my little squirrel heart stops, dies from too much excitement.* xP
    Does Galactus fart?

Sure. In time. That is the beauty. We do plan to get to all the figures from the vintage line in time if the Classics line continues (and it is showing no signs of slowing down!). But by no means does a Trademark mean a figure is coming any sooner then later. Knowing in the long term we want to maintain active TMs on every MOTU character, taking out Trademarks for figures a bit longer down the road isn't a "waste".

Scott, I just hope that the line was filled with dolls. After all the characters of the line vintage motu came out, you can do everything, including all POPs, 200x, NA, as possible. I think that many fans might be disappointed to see an incomplete line (hope not) and with many releases of female figures.

Ummm...me saw...SPIKOR!!!
    Have No Fear, Smith Is Here!

This is the most exciting batch of trademarked names to have been revealed all at once!
    And a lot of them are some of my most-anticipated... sure- I'd rather have Rokkon before Stonedar, but just the fact that they are even tackling the Rock People this soon makes me happy!
    I imagine 90% of this list is stuff that's going to be out in 2012, and the rest of it might have been trademarked not only to keep them active, but also for use of their names in other character's bios. Meaning, Netossa might come a few years ahead of Spinnerella toy-wise, but chances are her bio is going to mention Spinnerella the way Buzz-Off's mentioned Mekaneck.
    Can't believe Procrustus has been filed too! That's got to be a whole new giant buck right there... our first ever four-armed character- no way Tytus' current buck can handle the weight of a four-armed torso if Tytus can't even hold his own weapon up, so they're going to have to do quite a bit of new tooling on that one. Granamyr? That's going to be another enormous one too... this is a lot to take in... already I'm trying to picture how these are going to be sculpted, what parts will be re-used, the bios that will come along with them, etc.!

The real question is which of these are trademarks we took out just to throw you off? (don't think we don't know fans scour the trademark office to try and get scoops! We're not just going to spill the beans like this you know!)
    Yes, heaven forbid you spill a few beans, especially with regard to POP and the EXTREMELY loyal, if sometimes critical, POP fans who helped make MOTUC a huge hit for you.

Come on, Scott. . You just wrecked a good thing. We were happy for a night lol.

You don't spend money to "throw us off." The TM'd characters are going to be released before non-TM'd ones.

While you may not release a figure just because it's TM'd, the fact that it has a TM likely means you have either ordered a sculpt from the 4H and/or you are using the name in a bio.

If you TRULY are TM-ing characters just to "throw off" customers, I'd say that's rather cruel. How many of us actually research the TM's? Not that many. It's obvious from conversations in other threads that people don't always read this thread for goodness sake.

By registering a TM for characters like Sweet Bee and Rattlor, and then holding them back for years, for whatever reason , you're torturing an extremely loyal customer base.

Look at it this way: if you weren't in charge of the Green Lantern line, yet you were able to see which characters' TMs had been registered (for toys), and there were a character you really wanted on that list, wouldn't you be excited? Now imagine if that person in charge said, "sorry, our intention is to produce all the Green Lantern characters, eventually... But our TMs are not always registered with the intention of producing a figure any time soon; we just want to throw you so we can surprise you and feel excited for a day or two as a result."

You'd be upset.

Now imagine that scenario, with the addition of quality control problems, customer service issues, an expensive price tag, etc.

You'd be more upset

Lastly, imagine that there had been, within the last 30 years, a few Green Lantern toy lines. Imagine that most of them did not last long enough to give customers some classic characters. Imagine you'd seen 2-ups and sketches of unproduced characters.

You'd be exasperated.

You already have our loyalty as customers. That loyalty is rather a god-send for your brand.

Don't tease us: ESPECIALLY not we who are POP fans. We've waited long enough for these characters.
    Last edited by bcrduke; March 26, 2011 at 01:04pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I don't know. I fit in easily with all of those criteria with MOTUC, and honestly, I'm not upset at all.

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I just can't believe that with the exception of Loo-Kee, every female from PoP wave 3 and unproduced wave 3.5 is coming out.

I think the wave 2 girls are going to be the most slow to do...

I can't believe Spikor is finally on a schedule for SOMETHING LOL. Poor guy.