Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED Trademarks List: New, Unused And/Or Notable

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It wasn't an inconsistency.

Teela was a blonde first when she appeared in 1982 and she appeared in various media way before her toy came out in Spring 1983. Then they make a Teela figure with red hair because of the snake armor. The unspoken gimmick was that the Teela figure without Snake Armor is Teela, while the Teela figure with Snake Armor is The Goddess (Becasue this wasn't outright mentioned, alot a creators --like the Golden Book creators and George Tuska got this confused.) After that, all the media portrayed Teela with red hair, the snake armor was quietly dropped out of canon and The Sorceress was given her own look.
    Then shame on Mattel. They should have left her blonde for the toy. I just hope your figure's bio set the records straight.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    Then shame on Mattel. They should have left her blonde for the toy. I just hope your figure's bio set the records straight.
    LOL! Me too.

The biggest trouble with Pre-Filmation is that we only got a year of it before Mattel changed the story to appeal to a younger audience. 11 Pre-Filmation mini-comics, 4 record books and 4 Golden Books don't compare to 131 episodes of a cartoon that fleshed the characters out better than those books could have. I'm not saying that the new MOTU canon was better, just more fleshed out with 2,882 hours of television episodes as opposed to 19 books.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

LOL! Me too.

The biggest trouble with Pre-Filmation is that we only got a year of it before Mattel changed the story to appeal to a younger audience. 11 Pre-Filmation mini-comics, 4 record books and 4 Golden Books don't compare to 131 episodes of a cartoon that fleshed the characters out better than those books could have. I'm not saying that the new MOTU canon was better, just more fleshed out with 2,882 hours of television episodes as opposed to 19 books.
    It's funny, I collected the toys before the cartoon started, but I prefer the Filmation toon as my canon over the comics. I just wished of all the bios, I wished they would have included Pre-Filmation's He-Man's origin into the canon better than writing him off as an imposter He-Man. It would've been better to say that Adam left home in search of his destiny and lived among people of Eternia until he rescued the Goddess and was given the tools he needed to reclaim the Power Sword of HE. Thus channeling the power of the universe and the wisdom of the elders to become - HE-MAN, The Most Powerful Man in the Universe!!
    Last edited by kagamigod; March 26, 2011 at 06:42pm.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Holy Moly!!
    Great oriented POP trademark reveals! And Granamyr too!

Granymyr is the thing we've waited 30yrs for. I am taking bets!

Teela was a blonde first when she appeared in 1982 and she appeared in various media way before her toy came out in Spring 1983. Then they make a Teela figure with red hair because of the snake armor. The unspoken gimmick was that the Teela figure without Snake Armor is Teela, while the Teela figure with Snake Armor is The Goddess (Becasue this wasn't outright mentioned, alot a creators --like the Golden Book creators and George Tuska got this confused.) After that, all the media portrayed Teela with red hair, the snake armor was quietly dropped out of canon and The Sorceress was given her own look.
    I received Trap Jaw & Tri-Klops for Christmas of 1983.

I received Teela along with He-Man, Skeletor, Beast Man, Grayskull, Man-at-Arms, and Stratos for Christmas the year before.

I remember seeing Teela in the store before Christmas of 1982, because she was part of the holiday toys display at a department store.

I know I'm right about this because I started Kindergarten in 1982, and I brought her and He-Man for show-and-tell after Holiday break. I also remember that she was the 8-back Teela with the brighter red hair, boots, and softer more feminine face paint. She also had the golden painted eyes on her snake armor.

The mini comics ways portrayed Teela as blonde without armor, I won't argue that, but she was released well before Spring of 1983
    Last edited by bcrduke; March 27, 2011 at 01:29am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

That said, knowing my luck, the Star Sisters are the ones meant to throw us off.
    I wouldn't worry about it, Tally.

Considering the circumstances, taking out FOUR trademarks for the Star Sisters and not using any of them would be totally foolish.

They are coming. Brace yourself (for a year or two)....

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    The real question is which of these are trademarks we took out just to throw you off? (don't think we don't know fans scour the trademark office to try and get scoops! We're not just going to spill the beans like this you know!)
    We know, we know...

We're just excited. POP hasn't felt like a significant force in the new line. Seeing second and third wave POP names getting trademarks is the first TANGIBLE sign that you mean business about delivering us these characters.
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; March 26, 2011 at 06:58pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I received Trap Jaw & Tri-Klops for Christmas of 1983.

I received Teela along with He-Man, Skeletor, Beast Man, Grayskull, Man-at-Arms, and Stratos for Christmas the year before.

I remember seeing Teela in the store before Christmas of 1982, because age was part of the holiday toys display at a department store.

I know I'm right about this because I started Kindergarten in 1982, and I brought her and He-Man for show-and-tell after Holiday break. I also remember that she was the 8-back Teela with the brighter red hair, boots, and softer more feminine face paint. She also had the golden painted eyes on her snake armor.

The mini comics ways portrayed Teela as blonde without armor, I won't argue that, but she was released well before Spring of 1983
    Okay. I could have underestimated the length of Pre-Filmation. I got Trap Jaw and Mekaneck on Christmas 1983.

One thing I get confused about is when MOTU came out...was it 1982 or 1981? I could have sworn that it was late 1981, but I see stuff saying MOTU came out in 1982.

I keep reading that it showed up in stores on late '81, but '82 is the official release date.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar

Actually Teela was depicted as both a blonde and a redhead in the first mini-comics...her hair was up and down red and yellow sometimes on different pages in the same book!

Also, snake armor teela was initially called Sorceress! It wasn't until halfway through the second set of books her name was changed. ( Edit: I guess I've always tried to make the point that the name 'Sorceress' was used for snake armor teela in 9 out of the 11 first mini comics and the name 'goddess' was used only in 2 books).

I did a really detailed study on Teela, Sorceress and the hair and the weapons in the pre-filmation thread a few years ago, maybe newer people will want to check it out:

The first 4 books:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...&postcount=227

Second set, 7 books:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...&postcount=246
    Last edited by Judeh Simon; March 26, 2011 at 07:43pm.
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

Wow, some of you were collecting this before I was.

After reading the last few posts, I realized that my collecting interest started in early '84, and I had two good christmas' and one birthday with MOTU. I spent most of the first year with only BA He-Man and sometime later on, Skeletor. I spent a LOOONG time wanting these figures.

Hence, my psychological need to collect MOTUC.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    Also, snake armor teela was initially called Sorceress! It wasn't until halfway through the second set of books her name was changed.
    Definitely not "always." She's clearly called the Goddess in Tale of Teela. On the other hand in her green form that we now call The Goddess was referred to as the Sorceress in the mini comics.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Definitely not "always." She's clearly called the Goddess in Tale of Teela. On the other hand in her green form that we now call The Goddess was referred to as the Sorceress in the mini comics.
    Arghhh you posted before I finished editing my post...I replaced always with initially.
    Edit: LOL you actually show the corrected quote and it looks like you proceed to agree with me, funky forums! but I know what you mean...

I guess my point is that she was first called sorceress then goddess, she was sorceress in the first 8 books (or so) then goddess only in 2 books.
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

Actually Teela was depicted as both a blonde and a redhead in the first mini-comics...her hair was up and down red and yellow sometimes on different pages in the same book!
    Yeah, she was actually a redhead in the majority of King of Castle Grayskull.

Also, snake armor teela was initially called Sorceress! It wasn't until halfway through the second set of books her name was changed. ( Edit: I guess I've always tried to make the point that the name 'Sorceress' was used for snake armor teela in 9 out of the 11 first mini comics and the name 'goddess' was used only in 2 books).
    Good to know. She was also called the Goddess in the DC mini-series.

I did a really detailed study on Teela, Sorceress and the hair and the weapons in the pre-filmation thread a few years ago, maybe newer people will want to check it out:

The first 4 books:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...&postcount=227

Second set, 7 books:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...&postcount=246
    Wow. Can't believe that was almost two years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    Yeah, we've been into MOTU for a looooong time.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post

After reading the last few posts, I realized that my collecting interest started in early '84, and I had two good christmas' and one birthday with MOTU. I spent most of the first year with only BA He-Man and sometime later on, Skeletor. I spent a LOOONG time wanting these figures.

Hence, my psychological need to collect MOTUC.
    Yup been collecting since they originally came out and happy to see some newer characters join the mix. As MGM is finally getting the BG Teela he has always wanted, I finally got the PD He-Man I wanted ever since the original Bionatops came out.

Arghhh you posted before I finished editing my post...I replaced always with initially.
    Edit: LOL you actually show the corrected quote and it looks like you proceed to agree with me, funky forums! but I know what you mean...

I guess my point is that she was first called sorceress then goddess, she was sorceress in the first 8 books (or so) then goddess only in 2 books.
    Yeah, what happened there? Whatever, your point is well taken. It's funny how that naming played out. It's convenient though for us now to think of sorceress=bird, goddess=snake, even though really she was never green and called the goddess before.

BTW, Toyguru, if you want to throw us off some more, how about securing the TM on Illumina?

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Okay. I could have underestimated the length of Pre-Filmation. I got Trap Jaw and Mekaneck on Christmas 1983.

One thing I get confused about is when MOTU came out...was it 1982 or 1981? I could have sworn that it was late 1981, but I see stuff saying MOTU came out in 1982.
    Quote Originally Posted by Romer View Post
    I keep reading that it showed up in stores on late '81, but '82 is the official release date.
    This used to confuse me too, but I think thats cos the sculpts etc were made in mid/late 81' as were the comics and cross sell art, so MOTU was conceived in 1981,but delivered in 1982 (if you'll forgive the 'Birth' metaphor).

My personal timeline (taking into account that Australia at the time was a significant ways behind the USA in its releases) is-

Skeletor in winter 82 (your US Summer) closely followed by Stratos,Beast Man,He Man, Battle cat, and Zodac, then a few moths break until Getting Mer man,wind raider and Greyskull for my birthday in November 82, I then Got Teela for xmas 82 -she was released a LONG time after the other 7 in AU. and MAA a few days later (bought with my Xmas money) then about 2 months into 83' until Faker, then a further 3 months til MEF and Ram Man surfaced, 2 months later Zoar TJ and Trike.

ka
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; March 26, 2011 at 08:46pm.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I think the official release date compares to automobiles. I saw the first commercials in late summer 1981 and went gaga over it several times making my parents nuts. Christmas 1981 I got Castle Grayskull and four figs;...He-man, Teela, Stratos, and Skeletor. My mom was bummed when she found out Stratos was a good guy when she wanted to get me two for each side! The Wind Raider WASNT EVEN IN STORES YET...I went crazy when I first saw the box in stores somewhere next spring only to be ticked off the skull on top didnt match the box art, and I was 11 years old that day.......it was my birthday gift
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    BTW, Toyguru, if you want to throw us off some more, how about securing the TM on Illumina?
    Actually I think the best way to throw us off would be securing the TMs for Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, Octavia, and Shakoti...

Quote Originally Posted by mk476 View Post
    Actually I think the best way to throw us off would be securing the TMs for Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, Octavia, and Shakoti...
    But currently Illumina they actually can make! There's no rights negotiation red tape to snip through first. It's just they probably won't bother for dubious reasons. But maybe if they secure the TM just as a smokescreen now, they'll be a step closer to making her later. See? It can work!!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    You know what's really funny about these reveals is Tallstar disappeared after delivering the news. I hope he hasn't really died before he actually gets his hands on his most wanted figures.
    lol, well it is an amazing thing to finally get that much closer towards your namesake after all these years. Trust me, I know.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Glad to see so many ladies being trademarked at once. Hopefully we get a Star Sisters 3-pack sooner than later.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Jean, I just want to know when we'll see our Snake slave girl trademarked...!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Gorilla beastussapien Beastmangler's Avatar
    This may have been mentioned already but perhaps Toyguru coming on here to comment is what's really meant to "throw us off" and everything in the trademark list is either already planned as a figure or a part of a bio.

There are some pretty shocking names on that list and a surprise may have been spoiled. Toyguru doth protest too much, methinks.

...As soon as I read Spikor...I knew that was a red herring....
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572