Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED Trademarks List: New, Unused And/Or Notable

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    But by no means does a Trademark mean a figure is coming any sooner then later.
    http://www.uspto.gov/faq/trademarks.jsp#_Toc275426695a
    http://www.uspto.gov/faq/trademarks.jsp#_Toc275426704

Hmm... [And yes, they're filed as intent to use (1B), not already used (1A)]
    Last edited by Reboot; March 26, 2011 at 10:44pm.

NETOSSA????? My FAVORITE POP character after She-Ra???? FINALLY TRADEMARKED??? I LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Jean, I just want to know when we'll see our Snake slave girl trademarked...!
    Not soon enough.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm still very excited about all these TM's. If this is the line-up for next year, I think it will be the BEST MOTUC year to date! Such variety!

I'm curious to see how they do Spikor's arm/trident too! Hopefully they make it kind of like Roboto, so he can have a "regular" hand too.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm still very excited about all these TM's. If this is the line-up for next year, I think it will be the BEST MOTUC year to date! Such variety!

I'm curious to see how they do Spikor's arm/trident too! Hopefully they make it kind of like Roboto, so he can have a "regular" hand too.
    Yes! I would love to see Spikor with either a removeable arm (like Trap Jaw... I mean, why not uset that tooling? ), or removeable extensions of the arm like Trap Jaw.

I, for one, can't wait to own a Netossa figure and a Spikor figure and pose them in a face-off!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Yes! I would love to see Spikor with either a removeable arm (like Trap Jaw... I mean, why not uset that tooling? ), or removeable extensions of the arm like Trap Jaw.
    That would be cool. Lots of spike attachments! Maybe the head of his club could pop off and become his hand too!

I, for one, can't wait to own a Netossa figure and a Spikor figure and pose them in a face-off!
    It's like going fishing and catching a blowfish.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    But by no means does a Trademark mean a figure is coming any sooner then later. Knowing in the long term we want to maintain active TMs on every MOTU character, taking out Trademarks for figures a bit longer down the road isn't a "waste".

But it is a good way to throw you guys off a bit; knowing you love to scour the trademark database!

THIS is exactly the kind of unnecessary taunting remark that might infuriate fans even more...

Instead of torturing the fans this way, Toyguru, I think you'd better make sure the figures you release on the market are assembled properly and don't have flaws. But I guess it's much easier to come on a forum to antagonize some fans, right ?

Sometimes, I have the feeling Mattel just likes to play with our emotions (anger, frustration, disappointment). That's not exactly a smart customer-oriented policy.

Mmm..it seems Extendar is the only Heroic Warrior who hasn't been trademarked yet
    Well, apart from Rotar, of course

Why is there no trademark for Poing Super Combat yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    HOLY ****!!!!!

When did March 26 become Christmas?

I got a gif for ya too!

Holy moley...now THAT is an exciting list of names.

I will probably crap myself if they make Procrustus...
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Heroic Warrior
    I'm pleased about the vintage toy figures being listed, but that was always going to happen. What I'm most pleased about is seeing Protcrustus's name on the list. Now how about getting the GLORM added to those TMs?
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Procrustus? That would be a freakin awesome figure

Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    You know what's really funny about these reveals is Tallstar disappeared after delivering the news. I hope he hasn't really died before he actually gets his hands on his most wanted figures.
    ha!

I will be back regularly soon. Whenever we're updated with something major, such as these trademarks, I need time to be by myself to absorb what just happened and listen to music while imagining what it would be like to have these figures in-hand. I'm also trying to catch up on a few things outside of MOTUC as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    ha!

I will be back regularly soon. Whenever we're updated with something major, such as these trademarks, I need time to be by myself to absorb what just happened and listen to music while imagining what it would be like to have these figures in-hand. I'm also trying to catch up on a few things outside of MOTUC as well...
    I know it's like POP overload. Procrustus is unbelievably cool. Tuskador was my favorite of the Galactic Guardians. And finally FROSTA has come home to MOTUC!!

That's an awesome list of names, but only 1 NA character?!

I would have loved to have seen Geldor and Illumina as well
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    Granymyr is the thing we've waited 30yrs for. I am taking bets!
    I bet Granymyr will be shown at SDCC this year, so you do not have to wait too much longer.

The more I think about it, the star sisters fit right in with NA. I'm actually excited to see them!!

Forgive me my ingnorance, but what do the Star Sisters actually do?? What is their purpose within POP??
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    Forgive me my ingnorance, but what do the Star Sisters actually do?? What is their purpose within POP??
    I think they aid the rebellion much like everyone else...I mean, what's Castaspella's purpose? or Mekaneck?
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    They pledged their eternal loyalty/aid to She-Ra and The Rebellion after she freed them from their prison within Skydancer Mountain (The Crystal Cavern), where they were trapped for many many years. The Star Sisters are not native to Etheria. An unnamed evil Sorceress, of unknown origins, trapped them in that shooting star and sent them hurling through space, until they finally crashed into Skydancer. Glory Bird serves as their guardian and guide. He ensures the sisters' return to Crystal Cavern every new moon, when the starlight is at peak brightness, to recharge their powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    The more I think about it, the star sisters fit right in with NA. I'm actually excited to see them!!]

You're right.

Guys, NA has the "TRI" solar galaxy/system

Catra's bio mentions the "Tri-Star System."

How much do you want to bet each sister is the rightful ruler or defender of the stars/planets around each star???

I would not be surprised if this is where they go with the Star Sisters. Kind of cool actually!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Caesar that pic is amazing!! Thanks Tallstar for the background info on them!!! Fantastic!

You're right.

How much do you want to bet each sister is the rightful ruler or defender of the stars/planets around each star???

I would not be surprised if this is where they go with the Star Sisters. Kind of cool actually!!
    For some reason, this makes me think of Stadust. So I hope one of them receives the real name Yvaine.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

You're right.

Didn't TG recently come out and say the Tri-Star System was a typo?

EDIT: Yep it was a typo according to Toyguru
    Yes, this was legitimately an error. I am in charge of proofing the bios and I'll admit I missed this one. It should have been Tri-Solar system on her bio! If we ever do a re-release we'll look into correcting this.
    Last edited by TheFallen; March 27, 2011 at 08:59pm.

You're right.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Didn't TG recently come out and say the Tri-Star System was a typo?

EDIT: Yep it was a typo according to Toyguru
    meh star...solar....same thing essentially.

either way this is a GREAT way to ties NA and POP and MOTU all together rather seemlessly and very cleverly i might add as well.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!