Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED Trademarks List: New, Unused And/Or Notable

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    Well, more than 6 people know the contest winner, if thats the frame of reference we are using. More can't be said without getting into specifics, and it's a mere three weeks away! :-)
    Yeah, Tim Kilpin also knows as does their marketing department...

I thought a generic name like Kevin by itself couldn't be trademarked. Am I wrong? I gotta believe that's a "real name" or a name for a bio and not a figure. Oh god, it's Clamp Champ's real name!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I thought a generic name like Kevin by itself couldn't be trademarked. Am I wrong? I gotta believe that's a "real name" or a name for a bio and not a figure. Oh god, it's Clamp Champ's real name!
    you nearly made me **** myself you cheeky *******! Yeah, I was under the impression that you can't trademark a name unless it's within other trademarked namesakes- which I suppose would fit if it's for a characters bio.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    That's already Clamp Champ's name IN MY CANON.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    That's already Clamp Champ's name IN MY CANON.
    I know! First Mosquitor, now this! It's on you now. Too much power for one man!!!!!!

Kevin = Evil-Lyn and Keldor's son.

Did they TM Julie too?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Kevin = Evil-Lyn and Keldor's son.
    Kevdor?

blah blah blah blah 10 characters

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Yay! I bet Mattel is going with what some fans suggested: Songster is really Kevin (from the movie). I'd be okay with that. That would mean SONGSTER is coming! :o I really hope this happens. I want Songster so bad! I just hope he comes on a "teen" buck which can be re-used for Lizard-Man, MYP Prince Adam and many, many more characters!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

What is the desire for Songster i would take the 4 Scientists before him. And they ride me nerves.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

The thought that Songster could be Kevin - and the subscription exclusive figure makes me very excited!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Man, I hope it's not Songster. Sub sales would go through the floor if it's him.

Never understood the appeal personally.

Kevin as Songster? Huh...I guess that could work. I mean, he does play guitar, he did have an experience with the heroes of Eternia that he could tell tales about in song. He just needs to be a little more Glam Rock. A little more outrageous. Truly, truly outrageous.

Heroic Warrior
    Kevin as Songster? Huh...I guess that could work. I mean, he does play guitar, he did have an experience with the heroes of Eternia that he could tell tales about in song. He just needs to be a little more Glam Rock. A little more outrageous. Truly, truly outrageous.
    Come on Dan. No need to isolate a low demanded charter even further by turning him into Eternian's version of Jem.

I'm going on a limb here and say Kevin will just be mentioned in the bio. It will not be some one's real name.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Come on Dan. No need to isolate a low demanded charter even further by turning him into Eternian's version of Jem.

I'm going on a limb here and say Kevin will just be mentioned in the bio. It will not be some one's real name.
    Was that a shot at Jem? If anything, relating a character to Jem should elevate them, not isolate them!

JEM 4 MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior
    Was that a shot at Jem?
    Not by you but maybe by me. My intention when I said it was let's not turn a rocker into some girls toy. and by turning it into a girls toy you will lose more fans support.

Actually a band could work and it could be 2013 SDCC.

How do I figure? We've had two packs right? We've had three packs right? So why not make a 3 person royal band and make it the 2013 SDCC Exclusive.

If you want to make that band all female fine. Just may not get alot of buyers.

It would be fantastic if this meant they had the '87 movie rights! I've been hoping for this since the start of the line.

Hope is kindled.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    The thought that Songster could be Kevin - and the subscription exclusive figure makes me very excited!
    I have to agree, especially if it means they have movie rights. Lubic!!!!! And of course both movie versions of Skeletor and Karg
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Not by you but maybe by me. My intention when I said it was let's not turn a rocker into some girls toy. and by turning it into a girls toy you will lose more fans support.

Actually a band could work and it could be 2013 SDCC.

How do I figure? We've had two packs right? We've had three packs right? So why not make a 3 person royal band and make it the 2013 SDCC Exclusive.

If you want to make that band all female fine. Just may not get alot of buyers.
    Judging by the sales of JEM DVD's and the amount of male collectors I know who own the JEM Doll line I think you would be incredibly surprised at what putting JEM into MOTUC would do

Don't hate on a girl character just because you assume only girls would like it and others won't

The MOTUC line goes well beyond gender with some of the most popular characters being female, they had music in Eternia and Etheria....the issue at hand would be if its done tastefully or cheesy as heck (see Josie and the Pussycats)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

As soon as I saw Kevin I began looking for her...but no luck

Heroic Warrior
    Songster as the sub exclusive would be an epic fail. I'm a completist and I don't even want to think about owning Songster. I don't get the appeal at all for this guy? I'd imagine many retailers who buy multiple subs as resellers would consider drastically lowering orders even more if the sub exclusive is Songster or another mostly unwanted figure.

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Songster as the sub exclusive would be an epic fail. I'm a completist and I don't even want to think about owning Songster. I don't get the appeal at all for this guy? I'd imagine many retailers who buy multiple subs as resellers would consider drastically lowering orders even more if the sub exclusive is Songster or another mostly unwanted figure.
    i totally agree with this. As i said earlier i would take the New Adventures Scientists before Songster cause at least they played a major role in the NA cartoon.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Judging by the sales of JEM DVD's and the amount of male collectors I know who own the JEM Doll line I think you would be incredibly surprised at what putting JEM into MOTUC would do

Don't hate on a girl character just because you assume only girls would like it and others won't

The MOTUC line goes well beyond gender with some of the most popular characters being female, they had music in Eternia and Etheria....the issue at hand would be if its done tastefully or cheesy as heck (see Josie and the Pussycats)
    I used to watch Jem, never cared about the toys, I was never into POP either, but I like them in MOTUC....and I have She-Ra, BP She-Ra, Shadow Weaver, (will be buying Frosta) Sorceress, Teela, BGEL, Evil-Lyn is coming & I have Swiftwind....I buy what I like, I am not into dolls, but I am into MOTUC....

Hell I watched Care Bears, MLP & Rainbow Bright, and would still watch it....

Pound Puppies, Paw-Paw Bears, Gummi Bears, Smurfs, Snorks....not everything I watched was action figure related., but I watched it all together.

My little boy has a couple CPK's, but he likes to look at my GPK collection, and he has his own Transformers and MOTUC He-Man, and will have Skeletor & Battle Cat soon....he'll play with what makes him happy, doesn't mean he'll be less of a man because of it, may make him a better man than me....which I hope for him anyway.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I used to watch Jem, never cared about the toys, I was never into POP either, but I like them in MOTUC....and I have She-Ra, BP She-Ra, Shadow Weaver, (will be buying Frosta) Sorceress, Teela, BGEL, Evil-Lyn is coming & I have Swiftwind....I buy what I like, I am not into dolls, but I am into MOTUC....

Pound Puppies, Paw-Paw Bears, Gummi Bears, Smurfs, Snorks....not everything I watched was action figure related., but I watched it all together.

My little boy has a couple CPK's, but he likes to look at my GPK collection, and he has his own Transformers and MOTUC He-Man, and will have Skeletor & Battle Cat soon....he'll play with what makes him happy, doesn't mean he'll be less of a man because of it, may make him a better man than me....which I hope for him anyway.

YOU, sir, are an awesome parent!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post

Bravo, sir, bravo.
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor