Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1330

Thread: UPDATED Trademarks List: New, Unused And/Or Notable

Give us a rock people three pack please!

Awesome to see Granita trademarked!!!!!! I hope this means we get a figure of her, the rock people wouldn't be complete without her.

What the heck is a Standor? Is his super power to be able to stand?
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Definitely hope we see Granita soon. I worry about her, though. Scott said no more three-packs, and Rock Warriors aren't characters I see them stretching out in monthly slots. They seem more like a one-and-done like the Star Sisters.

Heroic Warrior
    SO... the 3 rock people (Rokkon, Stonedar and Granita) have now been trademarked, haven't they ? Interesting... I guess it won't take very long before we get at least one rock warrior reveal.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    From the various hints many orgers have been giving lately, I'm afraid that they'll only release Rokkon and Stonedar together.

I can only hope that they haven't trademarked Granita just to mention her in a Rock People 2 pack bio and that a Granita figure is planned too!!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    I just hope that if they choose to go for a Stonedar/Rokkon 2 pack, they'll use the Filmation sub to include Granita in MOTUC soon after...
    I'm hoping that's how Mattel does it. Granita is a perfect fit for the Filmation sub.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Great to see Granita get a trademark I just hope they include her.

Standor...

Knowing what a comic book geek Scott is it wouldn't surprise me if it was some lame Stan Lee figure, better not be, too many characters we need to get to....

Rock People - I would LOVE a Granita, but the fan base put up such a fuss over 3 packs do you really think we'd get another?
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    Standor...

Knowing what a comic book geek Scott is it wouldn't surprise me if it was some lame Stan Lee figure, better not be, too many characters we need to get to....

Rock People - I would LOVE a Granita, but the fan base put up such a fuss over 3 packs do you really think we'd get another?

It likely IS a Stan Lee figure.

"Stan Lee's Comikaze Expo" announced on its Facebook page that Mattel / Mattycollector would be at the Expo in November.

I'm calling an Expo Exclusive: Stsndor

Standor = Stan Lee

Scott is a huge marvel fan. So this type of cross-promotional effort makes a lot of sense for him.

I'm also going to bet that the sparkly headdress thing we saw at Toy Fair belongs to this Standor thing, because Cornboy said no one would ever guess to what it belonged. This would be an impossible guess
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I doubt we will ever see another three pack honestly. I hope we see Granita in the Filmation sub for those who want her but I would be surprised - I expect her tooling cost and the relatively short space of time that the Horsemen have had to sculpt the six figures in that line (I gather they are on the 2014 stuff already so must have blasted through the Filmation sub this winter) will mean we see characters with a more simple design like Sea Hawk and Plundar.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

"Stan Lee's Comikaze Expo" announced on its Facebook page that Mattel / Mattycollector would be at the Expo in November.

Standor = Stan Lee

Scott is a huge marvel fan. So this type of cross-promotional effort makes a lot of sense for him.

I'm also going to bet that the sparkly headdress thing we saw at Toy Fair belongs to this Standor thing, because Cornboy said no one would ever guess to what it belonged. This would be an impossible guess
    Hopefully the figure is connected to Stan Lee only by name, and not modeled after him...lol

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    If it IS Stan Lee, then hopefully that means that they get the Star character rights, too.
    Does Galactus fart?

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

Standor = Stan Lee

HAHA, the deal wasn't for the Star Comics characters. It involves Marvel finally including The Mighty Spector in Marvel comics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    I doubt we will ever see another three pack honestly. I hope we see Granita in the Filmation sub for those who want her but I would be surprised - I expect her tooling cost and the relatively short space of time that the Horsemen have had to sculpt the six figures in that line (I gather they are on the 2014 stuff already so must have blasted through the Filmation sub this winter) will mean we see characters with a more simple design like Sea Hawk and Plundar.
    Well, having Rokkon and Stonedar as a SDCC 2-pack exclusive, with Granita as a Filmation sub character would be a super smart thing to do. Her reveal at SDCC would probably entice more people to buy the 2-pack. Plus, if two of the remaining figures are low tooling, like Icer, Batros, and Shokoti already have been, then I can see them being able to squeeze in one high tooling figure. The regular sub has two or three highly tooled characters. A sub of six figures can probably afford at least one.

I would definitely LOVE a Granita figure. I remember going to the toy stores as a child and looking all over for her after seeing her in the She-Ra cartoon and getting figures of the two guys.

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    No that very much is correct. In the case of NERF, they may not have trademarked an action figure it could be some type of ball which doesn't resemble the likeness in the copyright. It may also not have been thoroughly researched on NERF's part. Like I said, Mattel can still release Strong Arm with that name as that likeness is protected by the copyright; however, they may not can trademark the name, much like what was done with Adora.
    I just know that TG reserched it and found Nerf has an arm cannon thing and Nerf TM the name Strong Arm for that product so TG said they can't use the name Strong Arm and it will have to be strong-or or something like that.
    Last edited by mjw41; March 23, 2013 at 11:43pm.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeTeela View Post
    I would definitely LOVE a Granita figure. I remember going to the toy stores as a child and looking all over for her after seeing her in the She-Ra cartoon and getting figures of the two guys.
    I guess many fans have had similar experiences. As kids, we all wondered why they didn't release those cool female characters from POP... Anyway, I just hope that the trademark isn't meant to deceive fans.

As for the Stan Lee figure rumor, I'm bit confused... Not to sound disrespecful to Stan Lee fans, but I don't see the use of such a figure at this point of the line. This reminds me of the Mo-larr episode... With so many characters left to be made, shouldn't it be a priority to use every slot to get to characters that fans really want?
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    As for the Stan Lee figure rumor, I'm bit confused... Not to sound disrespecful to Stan Lee fans, but I don't see the use of such a figure at this point of the line. This reminds me of the Mo-larr episode... With so many characters left to be made, shouldn't it be a priority to use every slot to get to characters that fans really want?
    Probably Mattel's attempt to get attention for MOTU/the Classics line, like with Geoff Johns designing a figure for the 30th anniversary sub.

Heroic Warrior
    IF Standor is based on some Stan Lee stuff, I sure hope that this figure's design will be way better than, say, Spector, Vykron, Mo-Larr or Cy-Chop.

If his design is bland and lame, you'll sure read some backlash. ESPECIALLY when the priority goes to FAND-DEMANDED figures, and not new, never-seen-before stuff !

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    IF Standor is based on some Stan Lee stuff, I sure hope that this figure's design will be way better than, say, Spector, Vykron, Mo-Larr or Cy-Chop.

If his design is bland and lame, you'll sure read some backlash. ESPECIALLY when the priority goes to FAND-DEMANDED figures, and not new, never-seen-before stuff !
    If this is the case, I just hope the figure FITS Masters of the Universe. Otherwise, you're right, there will be backlash. I bet the real name of the character would be Excelsior, or that would be the planet he/she is from. The thing is, I love Stan Lee and comic books. But we don't need anymore comic book looking duds in this line.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    If this is the case, I just hope the figure FITS Masters of the Universe. Otherwise, you're right, there will be backlash. I bet the real name of the character would be Excelsior, or that would be the planet he/she is from. The thing is, I love Stan Lee and comic books. But we don't need anymore comic book looking duds in this line.
    I'm not so sure about the backlash on this one. I mean, my opinion of the characters (If it is to be a Stan Lee figure) is thumbs down. BUT, if it's just a one off exclusive for one con, then I'm A-okay with it. Why? Because it's an easy pass for me and I really wasn't looking forward to battling all of my fellow collectors to get one. Now I don't need it, it's in the Mo-Larr category for me. It's parody and not really a part of the line. I don't consider it a wasted slot because I don't consider it a slot at all. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I'm not so sure about the backlash on this one. I mean, my opinion of the characters (If it is to be a Stan Lee figure) is thumbs down. BUT, if it's just a one off exclusive for one con, then I'm A-okay with it. Why? Because it's an easy pass for me and I really wasn't looking forward to battling all of my fellow collectors to get one. Now I don't need it, it's in the Mo-Larr category for me. It's parody and not really a part of the line. I don't consider it a wasted slot because I don't consider it a slot at all. LOL
    Exactly how I feel j.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

It was probably a type-o anyway....

I know we are just speculating, but I think a Stan Lee figure would be all kinds of cool. It would be a good cross over gift for a friend of mine actually even if I didn't want him in my own collection.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Sounds like 'Standor' will be an easy pass.

Granita, on the other hand, would be tremendous and would be a sign that Mattel are listening to the fans. If they just release Stonedar and Rokkon, there will have been a missed opportunity, IMO.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina