Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1346

Thread: UPDATED Trademarks List: New, Unused And/Or Notable

This Stan Lee talk is confusing me a bit...

Mattel has more connection to DC and Stan Lee is Marvel. In my mind that makes no sense?
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Granita, on the other hand, would be tremendous and would be a sign that Mattel are listening to the fans. If they just release Stonedar and Rokkon, there will have been a missed opportunity, IMO.
    I completely agree: a Rock People three pack would be quite legitimate. Still I don't see it happening... The Granita trademark is a glimmer of hope... I only hope she makes it into MOTUC sooner than later...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Probably Mattel's attempt to get attention for MOTU/the Classics line, like with Geoff Johns designing a figure for the 30th anniversary sub.
    I understand that this could shed some light on the Classics line and somehow be positive to for MOTUC. Yet I believe that at this point of the line every slot is precious and should be kept for figures we've been longing to get!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    This Stan Lee talk is confusing me a bit...

Mattel has more connection to DC and Stan Lee is Marvel. In my mind that makes no sense?

Apparently exclusives at the "Stan Lee Comikaze Expo" tend to incorporate Stan Lee into their design as an homage. So it would make sense for them to make a figure.

It just surprises me that they are doing this for that Expo.

I'd think the resources would be better spent on an actual Power Con exclusive (beyond the left-over Strobo figures).

I mean, an exclusive helps to sell tickets to an event. The fact that Matty put Strobo on sale early this year means that Power Con isn't the first U.S. means of obtaining the figure.

I'd hope that Mattel might arrange another exclusive for Power Con only - something more than just an accessory like last year. Power Con is free publicity for their MOTUC brand. They should support the con even more with an exclusive.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I'm up for it, and I'm a DC fan at heart. Still, Stan is awesome.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

The talk of a potential Stan Lee figure is rather unclear to me. On the one hand, we were told that the line is in trouble and all resources are going to get the heavy hitters out of the way. It's good to focus on the main characters, like Glimmer, Hydron, and Two Bad. On the other hand, resources are potentially going to a MoLarr type figure. If the line is limited, then I would prefer the resources to go to these main figures.

Didn't Toyguru say that mattel didnt pay for molarr or only half of it. could be the same thing.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    A Stan Lee figures does not interest me one bit. If the line really is in jeapordy, then a figure based on Stan is a really bad idea. But this to me shows that the line isn't in as much danger as we are led to believe.

I don't think Scott wants to be remembered for the guy who brought us 'Standor' but missed figures like Glimmer, Scorpia, Two-Bad, Flogg etc...
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    A Stan Lee figures does not interest me one bit. If the line really is in jeapordy, then a figure based on Stan is a really bad idea. But this to me shows that the line isn't in as much danger as we are led to believe.

I don't think Scott wants to be remembered for the guy who brought us 'Standor' but missed figures like Glimmer, Scorpia, Two-Bad, Flogg etc...
    Well this Standor figure isn't part of Club Eternia or club Filmation, it's an Exclusive to a Stan Lee Comic expo in november so it shouldn't hurt our chances of getting figures like Glimmer, Scorpia, Two-Bad, Flogg etc...

I would guess you have to attend "Stan Lee's Comikaze Expo" to get it or buy it from secondary market from those selling theirs.

Heroic Warrior
    Granita would be an awesome addition to MOTUC and especially to The Great Rebellion.

Standor, IF it is a MOTUC action figure based on Stan Lee would not be quite so awesome. BUT, if it somehow translated into additional sales (although I'm not sure how it would do so since "day of sales" are so limited and even the evergreens are selling out) then that would be a benefit for all fans of MOTUC.

I have the Stan Lee SDCC Spiderman figure from a few years ago. I'd likely pass on a MOTUC version of him.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Apparently exclusives at the "Stan Lee Comikaze Expo" tend to incorporate Stan Lee into their design as an homage. So it would make sense for them to make a figure.

It just surprises me that they are doing this for that Expo.

I'd think the resources would be better spent on an actual Power Con exclusive (beyond the left-over Strobo figures).

I mean, an exclusive helps to sell tickets to an event. The fact that Matty put Strobo on sale early this year means that Power Con isn't the first U.S. means of obtaining the figure.

I'd hope that Mattel might arrange another exclusive for Power Con only - something more than just an accessory like last year. Power Con is free publicity for their MOTUC brand. They should support the con even more with an exclusive.
    Okay, thank you, i have never heard of that since i have never been on any convention since iīm only a MOTU and POP fan.

I only know Stan Lee from Marvel and know he likes to do cameos in Marvel movies and even in some other movies like the mallrats.

I donīt need a small skinny bald guy in MOTUC...

BUT if he they use this chance and Marvel pays along as someone else noted and thatīs the way to create a skinnier bug for teenage characters or others like a teenage Adam or Teela(i wouldnīt need that but others seem to like her like that), Caz, Lizard Man, or old man Marzo than why not? Iīm not the biggest fan when it comes to the movie kids but those two could benefit from a skinny bug as well...
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I guess they'll make him a King or protector of the sword.

I am also fine with the bonus slot. As long as we get the same ammount of figures, & no other character suffers, then bring on Standor. Plus he could come with a new accessory, or part that another figure could use. Like Niki said with the bucks, maybe not the whole body, but boots or forearms. I just hope he fits in...a turtle neck & blazer just aren't very MOTU.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    Didn't Toyguru say that mattel didnt pay for molarr or only half of it. could be the same thing.
    Yeah, that's correct. From what I understand, exclusives that are produced for conventions or other sites, like Entertainment Earth or BBTS, are purchased in advanced by the con or site. In other words, let's say I am running a convention and I would like it to have it's very own MOTUC exclusive. I would approach Mattel and, if they agree, they will quote me a production cost for a specific unit amount (let's say 1000 figures). This fee not only covers the expenses of making the figures, but the shipping costs and other fees, as well as a profit margin for Mattel. If I agree to the terms and pay the entire bill upfront, Mattel will then begin production. So, there is no loss to Mattel. They made an instant profit and everything is paid for. It's then up to me to sell the figures at my con and try to make some of my money back.

Standor is probably a misspelling for Stonedar.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Standor is probably a misspelling for Stonedar.
    I thought that Stonedar was already trademarked...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    I thought that Stonedar was already trademarked...
    Hmmm, you're right. As much as I love Marvel, I hope we don't get something silly. Unless of course we get the rights to Star Comics and can get Lt. Andra.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

If they are doing a Stan Lee nod figure, it is probably from another line or the budget came in for the Stan Lee figure only. It wouldn't be taking up a sku. It would be a sku created just for Stan Lee's figure. Just like Mo-Larr was an addtional sku created because Cartoon Network added money. And the Polly Pocket She-ra figures were not taking a MOTUC sku, but a Polly Pocket sku.
    Look at it as a possible addition. I highly doubt there would subtraction from another column to make this sku.

Widget

stan lee motuc character!?

i heard that stan lee might be teaming up with mattle to do a motuc and that mattle is schedule to attend comikaze this year so what you guys heard and think about this

Quote Originally Posted by jebus777 View Post
    If there's a thread already I'm sorry so i heard that stan lee might be teaming up with mattle to do a motuc and that mattle is schedule to attend comikaze this year so what you guys heard and think about this
    didnt hear about this until now. it could be cool. or it could be another laser lot.
    do you have a link to the news?

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not so sure a figure tied somehow to Stan Lee is a bad idea, it all comes down to the execution. And as a convention exclusive, it doesn't really take away from the main line.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Heroic Warrior
    Stan Lee presents... Masters of the Universe!

Even though he had no hand in their creation!

Fitting!

I'm done - true believers

**Edited for Accuracry, Looks like no new mutants for a while, but GG has some potentials**
    So the way the list works is that under each faction i listed all the trademarks exist for that faction, then underneath the ones that are needed, and finally, if applicable, characters from each faction that are highly likely of having characters made based on the Fan Choice Poll we had last year http://www.he-man.org/news_article.php?id=2252 . If a character doesn't appear in any one of these categories, then until further information providing us with concrete evidence or a trademark, they will remain off of it.

Note: I pulled out Wind Raider Pilot and Songster, due to the public outcry for non concept characters to be put on the back burner, but it should be noted that Songster had is trademark due to the fact that he was in the running for the Fan Choice award

This list should hopefully make things a little easier to understand in the future

Masters
    Rio Blast
    Gwildor
    Granita

Needed
    Extender
    Rotar
    Eldor

Filmation needed
    Lizardman

Dare, Son of Heman
    Dare

POP
    Glimmer
    Sweet Bee
    Spinnerella
    Mermista
    Madame Razz and Broom
    Kowl

Needed
    Angella
    Peekablue
    Flutterina
    Perfuma
    Double Troble
    Loo-kee

Filmation needed
    Sea Hawk

Galactic Guardians
    Hydron
    Darius
    Tuskador

Needed
    Kayo
    Artilla
    Spinwit
    Sagitar
    Vizar
    Nocturna

Jetlag needed
    Mara

Evil Warriors
    Two Bad

Needed
    Ninjor
    Blade
    Saurod
    Twistoid

Filmation needed
    Strongarm
    Goatman

Horde
    Horde Troopers
    Modulok
    Multi-Bot
    Dymalug
    Despera

Needed
    Dragstor
    Entrapta

Filmation Needed
    Scorpia
    Imp

Snakemen
    Tung Lashor

Needed
    Squeeze
    Blast Attack

Space Mutants

Needed
    Flogg
    Quake
    Butthead
    Lizzor
    Staghorn
    Hoove

Jetlag needed
    Crita

Mini Comic
    Lodar
    Oo-Larr

Mini comic Needed

200x
    Ceratus
    Lord Dactys

Needed
    Calix
    Prahvus

Independent

Independent Needed
    Masque

Vehicles
    Battle Ram Chariot
    Silver Storm
    Cyrstal Castle
    Last edited by facet; May 3, 2013 at 11:24am.

Newly filed trademarks:

TUNG LASHER (That's how it's spelled. There's also an older trademark for TUNG LASHOR)
    NEPTHU
    KOWL
    Last edited by Tallstar; May 3, 2013 at 06:58am.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Newly filed trademarks:

TUNG LASHOR
    NEPTHU
    KOWL
    ALL of these make me happy to no end. I REALLY hope we get Nepthu, he's a big want of mine
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Good to see Tung Lashor being TMd, looks like Nepthu is definetly on the cards for a future Filmation slot then. I don't mind him, he's a cool enough looking character.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar