Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED Trademarks List: New, Unused And/Or Notable

Leader in the Great Rebellion is Adora's tag line.

Thanks for that info about Angella though Kevenn, I have not heard that bit of news from Toyguru before.

condolences about your father Tallstar.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Mermista : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I always thought Angella is the true leader of the Great Rebellon. The scene in the last part of the SOTS where she leads the rebellion into battle and demands the horde surrender bright moon to her pretty much confirmed it in my head anyway.
    She-Ra is leader of the Great Rebellion. Light Hope even says so at the beginning of The Sword Of She-Ra mini series:

....this is the story of one who shall become Leader of the Great Rebellion...She-Ra, Princess of Power!
    Adora, Glimmer and Bow are Rebellion Leaders. Queen Angella is simply Ruler of the Kingdom of Brightmoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Toy Guru did say in a Q&A that Angella was the leader of the Great Rebellion in MOTUC continuity.
    I knew there was a reason I throw my card backs in the bin!
    Last edited by blackiecats; September 16, 2010 at 03:17pm.

There are newly filed trademarks for:

CASTASPELLA
    GLIMMER

I know there was already one filed for Glimmer awhile back, but this is a brand new application.

Great but... I dont know if TG has already answered to this question but in spite of the fact the toy for these figures was released in the 80's, it was with a totally different color scheme than the filmation character.

So, can Mattel do make "Filmation color scheme" Castaspella and Glimmer or can Mattel only make a "toy color scheme" Castaspella and Glimmer?

I hope it's the first...

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    they can do either color scheme, since Mattel has a style guide which had all of the toon designs. Hence the ability to do Adora and She-Ra very toon accurate.

Castaspella is my most wanted POP figure. I love the blue/yellow of the toon, and hope they do her that way. Of course, I hope for both versions eventually so everyone can have their favorite incarnation.

Regardless, Castaspella and Glimmer is great news for POP fans, and for those who have been worried about female figures the past couple weeks.!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    they can do either color scheme, since Mattel has a style guide which had all of the toon designs. Hence the ability to do Adora and She-Ra very toon accurate.
    Actually, I think there was something else that allowed them to do Adora, some scrap someone found that proved the design was Mattel's rather than Filmation's. I don't think just being in the style guide is enough to keep the lawyers from fretting. Last I recall, the official word was that just because it's in the style guides doesn't mean Mattel can do it.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    There are newly filed trademarks for:

CASTASPELLA
    GLIMMER

I know there was already one filed for Glimmer awhile back, but this is a brand new application.
    FANTASTIC!
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List

Quote Originally Posted by Khror View Post
    Great but... I dont know if TG has already answered to this question but in spite of the fact the toy for these figures was released in the 80's, it was with a totally different color scheme than the filmation character.

So, can Mattel do make "Filmation color scheme" Castaspella and Glimmer or can Mattel only make a "toy color scheme" Castaspella and Glimmer?
    This is what Toyguru said:

If a toy had a vintage version, the colors will be based on the toy's colors. As for the exact sculpt, that will likely be a blend of the style guide and the vintage toy based on the preference of the Horsemen.

I'm not surprised Castaspella is ushered to the front of the line, since Toy Guru said she was his favorite POP character. That is how Carnivus got made after all.

I think characters like Castaspella, Glimmer, and Angela should be made sooner, because they all have extremely different look options between the style guide look and the vintage toy look that make them prime candidates either for A-List variants (Angela) or Toys 'R Us 2-pack repaints (like Glimmer and Castaspella).
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I hope Castaspella resembles Kate Pierson of The B-52s when her figure is made
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I hope they haven't been trade marked just to be red herrings. TG said Mattel were going to do this to keep us guessing, but it would be in very bad taste to do this considering the amount of discontent the last of femails is causing at present. Maybe the fuss POP & female figure fans have kicked up recently has finally got TG's attention. either way we probably won't see one of these girls before near the end of this year or eariler next year. But it's good to know they could be comming.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Tallstar, I found some other ! I don't know if its related to MOTUC line.

2010-09-30 ASTRO BEAST
    2010-09-30 THE POWER OF WILL
    2010-09-30 CAPTURE CLAW
    2010-09-30 POWER RAGE

Quote Originally Posted by RockVivien View Post
    Tallstar, I found some other ! I don't know if its related to MOTUC line.

2010-09-30 ASTRO BEAST
    2010-09-30 THE POWER OF WILL
    2010-09-30 CAPTURE CLAW
    2010-09-30 POWER RAGE

Maybe we're getting Capture Claw Glimmer!

HAHAHAHAAHHHAAA!!

Or Power Rage Glimmer....

That sounds like that Robot Chicken Episode when She-Ra has her friend...

Rumor: Glimmer was supposed to be December of THIS year. Then Bow took her place... Then Bow was pushed into January.

I think the line-up has changed a bit... maybe not, but it's definitely not set in stone.

HOWEVER...

Glimmer could easily be TM'd for Bow's bio

Casta could be too, but that would be odd...
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    What is the "Capture Claw"? It isn't Clamp Champ. He has the "Power Pincer".

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

It is very possible that Glimmer has been trademarked for Bow's bio but I cant see any reason at all why Castaspella would be mentioned in Bow's bio.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List

Don't know if it was mentioned before, but there is a "He-Man of the north" filed by Mattel in August 25, 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I hope they haven't been trade marked just to be red herrings. TG said Mattel were going to do this to keep us guessing
    I keep hearing this and everyone should know that was just pr speak.

Mattel is not registering anything fake, that just makes no business sense whatsoever. You must pay everytime you register a trademark, add a category to a trademark, or renew one.

Mattel does not get freebie registrations and I doubt they with as much *****ing they do about not wasting the lines resources on extra parts that they would spend $200-500 each time to register a fake trademark just so about 300 or so active fans would be fooled.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

WOO-HOO!!! We're getting the enchantress of Mystacore!!!! Wasn't Glimmer already TMed?
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post

Mattel is not registering anything fake, that just makes no business sense whatsoever. You must pay everytime you register a trademark, add a category to a trademark, or renew one.

Mattel does not get freebie registrations and I doubt they with as much *****ing they do about not wasting the lines resources on extra parts that they would spend $200-500 each time to register a fake trademark just so about 300 or so active fans would be fooled.

I completely and totally hope you are 100% right!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

I agree too.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfchild View Post
    Don't know if it was mentioned before, but there is a "He-Man of the north" filed by Mattel in August 25, 2010.
    Vikor's tag line.
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    A trademarked name does not guarantee a toy being made. It may simply be for bio note purposes such as Demo-Man was.

Oo-Larr? Sounds very close to Mo-Larr...
    I would sooner gouge my eyes out with a heated spoon than watch Jem. I consider it to be a terrible cartoon. There. I said it.

Yeah, I agree.
    They do register some names to use in bios, though...
    so just seeing a name TM'd doesn't mean the figure is coming soon.
    And they may file them slightly out of order just to keep things from getting too obvious..
    But I don't think they are actually TMing names they don't intend to use.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Quote Originally Posted by RockVivien View Post
    2010-09-30 THE POWER OF WILL [/b]
    I'm pretty sure 'Power of Will' will pertain to Green Lantern.