Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED Trademarks List: New, Unused And/Or Notable

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Maybe Catra is a group of clones!
    Perhaps! lol!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    This may be a real name:

C'YRA OF D'RILUTH III
    C'yra does sound like a females name and I think it's Catra. Maybe it's wishful thinking but I think it's her. The D'riluth III part sounds like something of Star Trek so I would guess that D'riluth III is a planet or moon close to Etheria where Catra originally came from.

Since everyone here is thinking that's Catra's name, I'll go against the grain and think that might be Sweet Bee's name.

I'll grasp at straws and think that they came up with C'yra as Sweet Bee's name since in french, the word wax is spelled as Cire, and as a bee person she'd be all about making bee's wax.

D'Riluth could very well be a term for Hive from where she comes from and was born into the third most prominent hive, or perhaps they can be going the Filmation route where her home planet met some untimely fate, or in this case, perhaps 2 home planets!
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Three Catra figures as different characters would be kinda cool... But that leads me to believe that mini-comic masked She-Ra is another She-Ra.

I think this might be Bow's real name.

The Toyfare ad says he's a "nobleman." and the "III" works that way.
    I would love it if the first part (the part about the 3 different incarnations of Catra, and the other incarnations of She-Ra part) was true..

I'll hold you personally responsible though if that ends up being Bow's real name since you're the one who brought it up.
    Check out me and my friend's blog: Geek Culture

Maybe it's Sy-Klone's name.

Sy is short for C'yra
    And
    Klone is for him being the third clone.

Well, hey, we know how fond they are of cloning...
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Sy is short for C'yra
    And

That makes an unsettling amount of sense with how they usually do the "real names".

Sy is short for C'yra
    And

Oh this does sound like it could be correct, it's great as I of course want Sy-Clone but I want some women!

Sy is short for C'yra
    And

I could see that.

EDIT:

DREADFUL DISGUISED LEADER OF THE SNAKE MEN
    November 17, 2010

Now we have Evil AND Dreadful.

November 17, 2010

better than being the Evil Leader of an already Evil Horde.

(Man and even with re-issue they couldn't fix that.)

I could see that.

EDIT:

November 17, 2010

If this means Mattel have corrected an oversight/error and the "Dreadful ..." tag will be on the box art, this is excellent news.

I just hope Mattel also listened to the fan feedback about that god-awful, flawed wimpy snake body.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

My vote is for Sy-Klone too. They'll probably say Catra's real name is pronounced by a series of purrs.

Sy is short for C'yra
    And

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    D'Riluth could very well be a term for Hive from where she comes from and was born into the third most prominent hive, or perhaps they can be going the Filmation route where her home planet met some untimely fate, or in this case, perhaps 2 home planets!
    Considering that Drilus is a genera of beetles, Sweet Bee might be our best bet. These beetles are a part of the family Coleoptera, which the fireflies are also a part of. Sweet Bee's wings and tiara did glow. Their larvae tend to bore into things (think 'worms boring into the ground') and some, as in the case of the Lampyris noctiluca (ie-the glow worm) glow as well; therefore, D'Riluth III could be the hive planet she was born on.

Drilos in latin means "worm; lizard" (keep in mind, glow-worm)...while the name Cyra means "sun;throne;lord."

Although it doesn't point towards the bee family, it does seem plausible that this could be Sweet Bee's name; considering that she did glow. I couldn't find any etymological origins pointing toward anything feline.

Then again, this is all conjecture, and it could simply be Sy-Klone's name as many here have posted.
    Last edited by LostIt2Bostik; November 23, 2010 at 12:15pm.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

Board memeber bribri4u made me aware of some trademarks I hadn't noticed before. One of them, PURRSEPHONE, seems unlikely for MOTUC because the goods and services description says dolls in it. (None of the other gals have that description) On the other hand, maybe Catra will get a doll too and that's her real name? But I don't want to start any rumors.

The other one ROCKSEENA seems like it could be for MOTUC. That has a pure action figure description.

Hmmm, Purrsephone does seem like it could be Catra's real name. Rockseena could also be Jewelstar's real name; however, she hasn't been trademarked yet. So, it's most probably unlikely, but I'd throw it out there.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    Tallstar, I love that you keep on top of these things.

My money is on purrsephone being another one of those "monster high" characters, like Clawdeen wolf was.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzOff1981 View Post
    They'll probably say Catra's real name is pronounced by a series of purrs.
    Oh dear God, no!

Board memeber bribri4u made me aware of some trademarks I hadn't noticed before. One of them, PURRSEPHONE, seems unlikely for MOTUC because the goods and services description says dolls in it. (None of the other gals have that description) On the other hand, maybe Catra will get a doll too and that's her real name? But I don't want to start any rumors.

The other one ROCKSEENA seems like it could be for MOTUC. That has a pure action figure description.
    Purrsephone does sound campy enough for a real name...but there's no last name. I actually LIKE the idea of C'YRA OF D'RILUTH III being Catra. Catra always thinks she's THE most special...and people with II or III behind their names are generally royalty, wealthy and/or stuck-up. Also, it gives the possibility of having Toy Catra and Scratch N' Sound Catra be her first ancestors. Shower Power can be an upgrade.

Rockseena could be the "nameless" female rock person in the MOTU mini-comic.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Well, we already know who this tagline is for, but I thought I'd put it out there since Mattel recently filed for it...

HEROIC FIST-FLINGING TORNADO

LOL - Fist-Flinging...just makes me laugh.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Fist flinging? Is this in reference to Sy-Clone? Or me trying to get the Royal guards?
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Isn't purrsephone a doll from monster high?
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Has the trademarked name Rhuen been mentioned yet? It's under 'toy figures and accesories' and might be the real name of some baddie. Its serial number is 85166998 if anyone wants to check it out.

You know, LostIt2Bostik could be right about Jewelstar.

THAT would be crrrrraaaaaazzzzy!!!

If Rockseena turns out to be the female rock warrior from the mini comics I'll be very pleased. She's always struck me as a major character even though she had only a background appearance. I hope she's coming.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    I don't know why, but whenever I see the name Rockseena, & think that it'll be a mixture of the Rock & John Cena in MOTUC form.
    Does Galactus fart?

If Rockseena turned out to be the female rock warrior, and the May figure, that would be awesome!
    – No comment.