View Poll Results: How do you want Granamyr?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Massive! Sculpted from midsection up! - $100-$150

6 5.71%
  • A large full figure, but much larger than Tytus. - $100

15 14.29%
  • Just a little larger than Tytus- $80

18 17.14%
  • About the same size as Tytus, keep cost down - $60

66 62.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Granamyr Poll

Official Granamyr Poll

I'm curious as if we will see big red, and I'm wondering how the fans want him. Mattel has shown us that they do take the board members into consideration.

The board members have shown Mattel that they are willing to fork over their money (even to figures I'm not too keen on, such as Mo-Larr, Wun-Dar, and Vikor), so lets see if we can influence how we get the oldest and wisest of dragons.

I was told by an orger that ToyGuru announced no figure would be over $60. Perhaps no figure they currently have planned will be over $60. However if Granamyr is to be made, I feel he should be massive, aw inspiring, and accurate.

So how would YOU as a fan want Granamyr released?

A) Massive! Sculpted from midsection up to appear as though he is sitting in his pit. A giant beautiful piece that will be the centre piece in my collection! Over 25'' tall! It Mattel makes it, I will buy it! $100-$150

B) A large full figure, but much larger than Tytus. Similar to the LOTR Balrog Figure. Around 25'' tall - $100

C) Just a little larger than Tytus, not too concerned about scale. Perhaps 20'' tall - $80

D) About the same size as Tytus, scale doesn't matter, 15'' is fine to keep the cost down - $60

He could be released as a Club Exclusive, a limited 1 time run, anything you can think of. I just want your input. And please, if you participate in the poll, be serious, be enthusiastic and no fighting.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; July 28, 2010 at 12:07am.

I would say around the 80 but if not a bit lower then that. It would be cool to see the cost around 70 and the item be a bit bigger then Tytus.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

At 44 views and 12 votes, I hope people really start coming out and participating. I'm hoping to forward the results to ToyGugu. So to your lurkers, start voting.

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I voted for the smallest/lowest price point, but I'd probably skip Granamyr. I'm not a big fan of anthropomorphic dragons and I never knew about the character until a few years ago so I have no nostalgia for him. I have a feeling that the Horsemen could make him look really cool though!
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

Quote Originally Posted by I was told by an orger that ToyGuru announced no figure would be over $60. Perhaps no figure they currently have planned will be over $60. However if Granamyr is to be made, I feel he should be massive, aw inspiring, and accurate.

D) About the same size as Tytus, scale doesn't matter, 15'' is fine to keep the cost down - $60[/B

He could be released as a Club Exclusive, a limited 1 time run, anything you can think of. I just want your input. And please, if you participate in the poll, be serious, be enthusiastic and no fighting.

If he is the same size as Tytus, which would be good, make him the same price $40 to $45, no more. the only Character that should be bigger — taller that is — is Skytree, and he should be about the same width with a 'stackable trunk' to make him taller. If Skytree is made he should be no more than $45 too.

The only item that should be $60 is Castle Graykskull, so Remove the $60 for Granamyr and put $40.

Seriously, you, the buyer, is proposing $60. Are you in league with Mattel, Inc.?
    Last edited by Alexxandar; July 29, 2010 at 04:57pm.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Yeah these prices seem a bit high. Your lowest price is like my highest price. I'm basing this off of Tytus's size. If Granamyr is a couple inches bigger and heavier than tack on an extra $10-$20.

$60 is the limit for oversized figures anyways. The only thing I'd pay more than $60 for is Castle Grayskull.

Anyways onto another Granamyr question, he wouldn't be able to be red would he? He'd have to be green? Did he appear in the mini comics first or the Filmation cartoon?
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    About the same size as Tytus, keep cost down - $60.

I think about the size of Tytus is fine.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I think a figure a bit larger than Tytus would be in the $50-$60 range, which would be what I would like to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxandar View Post
    the only Character that should be bigger — taller that is — is Skytree, and he should be about the same width with a 'stackable trunk' to make him taller. If Skytree is made he should be no more than $45 too.
    granamyr is supposed to be huge. did you ever see the cartoon? make em huge. who cares if the price is higher. just because TG said $60 is max, don't mean demand won't change that.

skytree? so u'd want a big plastic tree, but you don't want a big plastic dragon? weird.

SB was probably basing his prices off similar products offered by different companies. to give u an idea. thats why he mentioned the Balrog figure. if you go to www.darkfigures.com you can see Sideshows statues under 25'' tall for over $200. so $150 for a giant dragon to tower over your 7'' MOTUC doesn't seem too bad by comparison does it? geez people.
    Last edited by Angry-Calligar; July 30, 2010 at 02:58pm.

For me massive very large! The same height of Tytus but more massive, costs max 80$!

I know he was massive in the comics an cartoon — He is one of my favorite characters, but scale is important for toys. Too big, figures become baby dolls!

I mentioned Skytree because he is supposed to be very tall, the option is have him with extra parts so that he could be expanded if the displayer wanted, but even Skytree's lowere body would no wider than Tytus. with option to make him taller, but display is key to my argument here.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Horde View Post
    For me massive very large! The same height of Tytus but more massive, costs max 80$!
    This makes sense, Tytus' height but much more massive! However, the coast should be no more than $45. As costumers, let us aim for the lower cost, not higher costs people. Always demand lower with corporations and forget saying but I would pay "more."
    Last edited by Alexxandar; July 31, 2010 at 01:25pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxandar View Post
    I know he was massive in the comics an cartoon He is one of my favorite characters, but scale is important for toys. Too big, figures become baby dolls!

I mentioned Skytree because he is supposed to be very tall, the option is have him with extra parts so that he could be expanded if the displayer wanted, but even Skytree's lowere body would no wider than Tytus. with option to make him taller, but display is key to my argument here.

This makes sense, Tytus' height but much more massive! However, the coast should be no more than $45. As costumers, let us aim for the lower cost, not higher costs people. Always demand lower with corporations and forget saying but I would pay "more."
    That's for sure! If they can do so by 50$ is certainly better!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    slightly larger than Tytus. $60 is a an alright price.

Tytus size is fine otherwise its going to take up too much space.

I'm surprised that so many fans demand 'cartoon accurate' and yet, want to diminish the size of what could be an 'MOTUC Ultra Beast'. Wouldn't a giant Granamyr be the point?

I don't get how have 1 large figure would make the other figures look like baby dolls. Playsets are large. I wonder if the majority of Star Wars fans wished for the AT-ATs to be smaller? Or if LOTR fans thought the Balrog figure was too big? Or if all the BAF fans for Marvel/DC want smaller BAFS? Was that awesome Unicron too big for Transformers fans?

This poll has been rather unsettling to say the least. I guess I'm the only one who would really get a kick out of this awesome dragon given the treatment he deserves... and I'm not even one of these 'dragon obsessed nerds'. Heh.

I'd like to thank those of you who for whatever reason see the potential awesomeness of a giant figure.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; August 8, 2010 at 02:10am.

Iwant him in Scale with the line so not ultra huge. Thats one thing I hated about 200x the way the oversized alot of characters. I want just the regular large beast size. And to stick to the price bracket they have mentioned.
    MOST WANTED MOTUC FIGURES : MELAKTHA MADAME RAZZ FILMATION HORDAK PEEKABLUE MERMISTA QUEEN ANGELLA LIZARD MAN PERFUMA EVILSEED DREE ELLE VULTAK
    HUNGA SWEETBEE RED KNIGHT GENERAL SUNDAR GWILDOR SAUROD LOO-KEE FLUTTERINA SPINERELLA CATRA CAT FORM FILMATION SKELETOR

About the same size as Tytus...

reason being not only to keep the price down....but while watching the cartoon....he seems to be about the same size as the giant would be.
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

My vote is for a fully articulated Granamyr in huge size ... taller than Tytus (heck, taller than vintage Tytus)!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I voted for the "Tytus" size. I don't have room to display anything, so storage comparmentalization is important to me.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I would go over $60, but wouldn't want them tonproduce something that didn't do the volume they need. I'm all for a bigger Grams but not at the expense of any future offerings.
    WTB Loose complete Tyrantisaurus Rex and Laser Light Skeletor

About the same size as Tytus, keep cost down

I pretty much agree with what the others of the same opinion have said. My bottom line is...as long as its large enough to make an impact in the display, I'll be happy.
    I have many MOC MOTUC figures available for sale/trade here and SDCC exclusives for sale/trade here.

Massive! Sculpted from midsection up! - $100-$150

I see that I'm in the minority here but I would be willing to shell out the dough for a Granamyr done right. This to me from a design perspective means as close to the filmation look as legally allowed with as much detail as possible.

Granamyr is Grand, but . . .

Granamyr should be about the same height as Tytus, but more massive. Anything bigger becomes a babydoll — a 'Chatty Kathy' dragon.
    And, $60 is a fine price tag, but $45 is better, as we should aim for the lowest price possible as consumers.
    Last edited by Alexxandar; August 19, 2010 at 12:09pm.

Around $60, for me. Rotocast-I don't think he needs much articulation. Heck, if he could be done at $40, that's fine. Same size as Tytus would be fine for Granymyr for me. Now, the MYP dragon mother would have to be bigger, but I think of her as a different, more animalistic species, whereas Granymyr's race would be more civilized.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!