Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Theoretical Debate: Clamp Champ is Decker's grandson

Heroic Warrior

Theoretical Debate: Clamp Champ is Decker's grandson

At least... that would make perfect sense!

Trained as the last and maybe best student by the elder Eternian tactician Decker who trained Randor and Duncan back in the day.

Randors' bodyguard? Sure, that explains the communication earpiece on the 200X version.

The guy who still has the energy to fight The Horde (afther the death of Man-at-arms ???) and lead the weakened renegade (ex) Masters during the abscence of He-man who went of to have some "NEW ADVENTURES" in a boring future, fighting mutants and a skeletor who suddenly grew eyeballs.

Maybe one of the only Masters who believes that he-man will return one day to reclaim his place as Eternia's Champion.

Would this make sense guys & girls?

onthoofder

Sounds original at least, how did ya come up with this, did you eat space cake tonight

Heroic Warrior
    Aaaah..I like the idea of the connection between Clamp Champ and Dekker. That would make sense and sounds good.

It would also pay nice homage to Star's MOTU# 12 and 13, in which an elder Clamp Champ was one of the few remaining resistance fighters in a future ruled by Skeletor.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    I can dig it!
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Sounds awesome and makes perfect sense.
    SUPPORTING THE NEW ADVENTURES OF HE-MAN 110%

Other than someone if this becomes the case would complain "why do the only two black people have to be related" kind of claptrap, I think it's a great idea.

Especially becaus of the way he is refrenced in the eternian guard bio, and the fact that I agree with the growing sentiment that Clampy is the Black eternian guard in the two pack. Before he takes over Man at Arms place later. Perfect if he was Dekker's son, and would make me more inclined to buy a Dekker figure.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Other than someone if this becomes the case would complain "why do the only two black people have to be related" kind of claptrap, I think it's a great idea.

Especially becaus of the way he is refrenced in the eternian guard bio, and the fact that I agree with the growing sentiment that Clampy is the Black eternian guard in the two pack. Before he takes over Man at Arms place later. Perfect if he was Dekker's son, and would make me more inclined to buy a Dekker figure.
    Where did I miss reading the guard's bio card?

Heroic Warrior

Hmmmm, space-cake!

Quote Originally Posted by kk2 View Post
    Sounds original at least, how did ya come up with this, did you eat space cake tonight

Well, I had the idea a few years back when I got the 200X cartoon on dvd and finally saw the episode with Dekker in it. And that was around the time my grandmother baked me some space-cake on a rather daily basis (but her mushrooms were even better)

I never got into the "super sences" they talk about in the mini-comic "the search for Keldor" but if he was trained my his gramps from childhood I might dig it though...

I don't like the idea of too many people being related. Sure, it works on a basic level with characters that already exist but I think it's enough. The whole thing with Fisto and MAA being brothers bugged me because it seemed like too much and this wouldn't help.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

hmmm i really like that idea ,I buy it.

Heroic Warrior

word, brother, word!

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    It would also pay nice homage to Star's MOTU# 12 and 13, in which an elder Clamp Champ was one of the few remaining resistance fighters in a future ruled by Skeletor.
    Exactly, and more or less same situation was also established in Emilliano's very first motu comic proposal "Home Comming", where he-man had returned from the future but first stayed 'incognito and grew a beard' . Eternia is again ruled by the Snake Men though, not the Horde if I remember correctly.

Sitting in a bar he-man overhears how the people of Eternia have lost faith in him/his return and even the Masters doubt his return. I can't remember if Clamp Champ was in the story but I'm pretty sure Man-at-arms died.

I loved the idea of an older he-man who returns to Eternia a is tired of fighting and is no longer sure if the people want/deserve him.

(Reminds me of that DC comic series where Superman & co have stopped saving the world because they 're older and bitter because people took them for granted for so long)

Anyways, here's a clip of the attitude I want Clamp Champ to have:

http://www.blackdynamitemovie.com/media/video

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    I don't like the idea of too many people being related. Sure, it works on a basic level with characters that already exist but I think it's enough. The whole thing with Fisto and MAA being brothers bugged me because it seemed like too much and this wouldn't help.
    Not to fond of the FISTO/DUNCAN brotherhood either... it didn't really helped the story a great deal.

But the Dekker/Clamp Champ sounded kind of logic to me... I can imagine that Dekker even nicknamed his grandson 'Champ' as a kid that would one day prove to be his last & best student ever...

Ah well....
    Last edited by onthoofder; July 28, 2010 at 11:53pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I can see this happening, if only because they're both black and both masters of hand-to-hand combat.

Also, Mattel copyrighted both Dekker and Clamp Champ... Hmmmm.

I like the idea, and maybe this would open space for a older he-man figure when he returns to join the renegates to again free Eternia and finally become king!!
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Quote Originally Posted by onthoofder View Post
    Well, I had the idea a few years back when I got the 200X cartoon on dvd and finally saw the episode with Dekker in it. And that was around the time my grandmother baked me some space-cake on a rather daily basis (but her mushrooms were even better)

I never got into the "super sences" they talk about in the mini-comic "the search for Keldor" but if he was trained my his gramps from childhood I might dig it though...
    Wow, can I have some of those mushrooms. I want to come up with some good ideas too

In my personal MOTU, Dekker is Clamp Champ and Netossa's uncle (I know Netossa is from Etheria, but in my MOTU, there is no Etheria, and POP takes place alongside MOTU on Eternia).

But as far as Champ is concerned, it seems like a natural progression to have him be related to Dekker in some way. I wouldn't be surprised if it plays out that way in MOTUC.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Sounds like a great idea.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Well, this does sound very logical. And if he isn't Dekker's grandson, then he can indeed be his last student or some such.

If he IS tho, I think it would be cooler if he was actually Man-At-Arms student! Trained in the same way as he was trained by Dekker, to one day replace him as the Man-At-Arms.

The Champ DEFINITELY needs his super-senses tho, imho. They are part of his whole Super-soldier style.

Trained as the last and maybe best student by the elder Eternian tactician Decker who trained Randor and Duncan back in the day.

Randors' bodyguard? Sure, that explains the communication earpiece on the 200X version.

The guy who still has the energy to fight The Horde (afther the death of Man-at-arms ???) and lead the weakened renegade (ex) Masters during the abscence of He-man who went of to have some "NEW ADVENTURES" in a boring future, fighting mutants and a skeletor who suddenly grew eyeballs.

Maybe one of the only Masters who believes that he-man will return one day to reclaim his place as Eternia's Champion.

onthoofder
    This is an outstanding idea onthoofder! I think it has already been said that it fits in well with Star comics MOTU continuity. For me, this would make Dekker and Clamp Champ a bit more relevant. Actually, it makes me want figures of Dekker and Clamp Champ sooner rather than later! I hope Mattel is reading this thread.

onthoofder
    I like it, some one call Mattel and tell them to put this on Clamp Champ's bio! Then tell them to get off their rear ends and make a Clamp Champ figure

Heroic Warrior
    "why do the only two black people have to be related"
    Do you mean Zodak and Netossa?

I don't care for Fisto/MAA OR Whiplash/Ceratas(sp?) I'm pretty iffy on Skeletor/Randor

BUT

This one I'm all over. Very cool idea and makes total sense to me for Clamp Champ to be the next in line to become MAA.

Great idea, onthoofder

Perfect if he was Dekker's son, and would make me more inclined to buy a Dekker figure.
    This also.

This has been speculated on in the past. Why grandson though? I think son would be better. Does it actually say anywhere (200x epidsode or bios etc)that Decker trained Randor I thought it was just MAA? If he did then its safe to say he trained Keldor as well, "I have failed you Keldor".
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I hate Decker - boring character, boring desing, boring all...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by SAMURAI36 View Post
    In my personal MOTU, Dekker is Clamp Champ and Netossa's uncle (I know Netossa is from Etheria, but in my MOTU, there is no Etheria, and POP takes place alongside MOTU on Eternia).

But as far as Champ is concerned, it seems like a natural progression to have him be related to Dekker in some way. I wouldn't be surprised if it plays out that way in MOTUC.
    TO me that's disgusting! reason being I always wanted them to hook up! Netossa was the only PoP toy
    I considered buying when I was a kid. I did connect the two of them as Clamp Champ is the heroic master of capture and Netossa is the capturing beauty. but the way I saw it is they were drawn to each other basedon this. anyway it was never a firm idea just a passing thought. so it'snot REALLY all that gross.

I'm in the camp that there are toomany relatives now, I mean yeah itmakes sense for folks to have blood ties but it feels like we have too many. so I LOVE the idea of Clampy being Dekkers last student, but I'd rather they aren't related.

Anyways, here's a clip of the attitude I want Clamp Champ to have:

http://www.blackdynamitemovie.com/media/video

Hey I would CLAMOUR for an MOTUC Black Dynamite figure!! DYNAMITE! DYNAMITE!!
    Last edited by krosfyah; July 30, 2010 at 06:27am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure