Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What story is behind your username?

What story is behind your username?

What story is behind your username?

I do not know if this has been asked before but I would like to know what is the reason for the username you chose on .org.

my username is because I really like the heavy-metal and wanted to mix that with a certain charm motu. then change the mighty metal by the mighty eternium. heavy-eternium.

If I told you I'd have to kill you

I have been using this name for quite some time and it stems from my dark, twisted and sadistic side. Don't worry I keep that side under lock and key.
    SUPPORTING THE NEW ADVENTURES OF HE-MAN 110%

Mine is in reference to a wrestler's finishing move. Raven of ECW/WCW used a DDT as his finisher and it was called the evenflow.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Eternian Beekeeper Meta Ray Mek's Avatar
    My original name was a reference to my fannishness of an old Playstation game.

My current one was a tongue-in-cheek joke that a mod of a Thor forum called me, due in part to my love of Beta Ray Bill. Since I use the name 'Mek' over there (obviously stemming from Mekaneck), he just went with something catchy. I loved it so much, I adopted it for many things, incl. my Xbox Live tag.

And then I changed it over to MRM for here!
    formerly known as 'the parasite eve'

"Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine.”

dorr is part of my last name. I'm a man. I added an extra "N" to keep it symmetrical. It's unique enough that I can use it just about anywhere and no one has it.

Even I don't know why I leave the "d" lower case.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

My favourite figure of all time - Roboto (obviously). I thought i'd just add Mr in front as someone had Roboto - then i find there's a Mr. Roboto! Since then, i wonder if i'm allowed to keep my username and hope i'm not treading on any feet here...

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I chose Car Krash as my AOL username back in like 1997 or something.. I just wanted a "cool internet name".. so.. I though the K in Krash made it seem kinda "i33t", so.. Since then I've just been CarKrash everywhere on the internet.

I work in a steel mill (as a Welder) built by Henry Ford in the famed Ford Rouge Complex in Dearborn Michigan. It used to be Ford Steel, then sold and became Rouge Steel (and is now Russian owned Severstal Steel). So my name is where I work and what I am, Rouge+Welder. It as my username for everything online.
    ----------------------------------------------
    MY Collection: (some of it)
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/album.php?u=14643

I got my name from the second series of the McFarlane/Clive Barker Tortured Souls toyline

It is now more widely known as the bad guy in Transformers

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    My favourite figure of all time - Roboto (obviously). I thought i'd just add Mr in front as someone had Roboto - then i find there's a Mr. Roboto! Since then, i wonder if i'm allowed to keep my username and hope i'm not treading on any feet here...
    Yeah there's another member called "Evil Lord of Destruction" I was here first (by 2 months) I used to be frequently worried about being confused with him.

As any He-fan worth his weight knows "Evil Lord Of Destruction" is Skeletor's description line. Originally it was just "Lord of Destruction", later they added the word evil in front but that always struck me as superfluous and redundant. I mean whoever heard of a Heroic Lord of Destruction?

The reason for the _s in between words is all the other forums I visited at the time were restricted to one word handles- there couldn't be any spaces. Placing_low_dashes_between_words allowed for multiple word user names. Since the names are underlined the dashes all but disappear. Turns out the org did/does allow spaces so it wasn't necessary but I never bothered to try changing it.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

I'm a woman trapped in a man's body.

Actually, my reason isn't very exciting nor would it be hard to guess.

Filmation's only 2-part episode, "The House Of Shokoti", is my favorite He-Man animated adventure of all time(one of the few that I vividly remembered from childhood until the BCI DVDs were released). When I first came to these boards, I wanted a screenname that was MOTU related but was obscure enough that I wouldn't have to share it with dozens of other people. Little did I know, after I had already picked my name, that not only did at least one other forum member have a similar name, Shokoti was far from obscure with most fans here. I just added the "Mr." so I wouldn't be mistaken for a female.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; July 29, 2010 at 07:01am.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    My user name and avatar pic are based on a character I "made up" in 7th grade and kept building up story and adventures on. Then when I finally got to the internet a couple of years ago. I started rendering him in LEGO form and fleshing out the story. I have links to the story, with pics and downloadable models, in my signature below in this post. I , unfortunally, haven't worked on/ added on to it for about 6 month because of some computer troubles.

As for the numbers if you see my user profile page it should be obvious were they came from.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

My user name is my first name. Lame, I know.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    Yeah there's another member called "Evil Lord of Destruction" I was here first (by 2 months) I used to be frequently worried about being confused with him.
    I could imagine! I haven't been here all that long (unfortunately ) but there have been a few instances where i've seen a thread or a post and thought to myself "i didn't do... oh of course" lol.

Mr. Roboto - if you're reading this, i just want you to know that two Roboto's are better than one

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    My user name is my first name. Lame, I know.
    But it's green and in italics, it's now a name that is whispered in awe and fear in dark shadows with a scary musical score in the background!

Mine comes from the big bad in Bravestarr. The mechanical demon bull.
    Always looking for new clients!

My eBay feedback

My Org Feedback

Mine comes from my all time favorite cartoon unicorn. I think that's enough. Though I could have my name changed back to what is was many years ago when I was a Soldier of Love and Friendship in a rainbow sailor suit..... Hmmmm.....

Nah. I like this one!
    Mattel I demand the following:

Spinwit,Spinnerella, The Scientists, Rio Blast, Mara, Crita, Kayo, Mermista,

My Facebook, check it out!

Nice thread .... i like to read every story behind the names

During the time i got registered on .org .... i was watching a lot espn europe on my laptop, almost every night NHL Hockey.
    I like the New York Rangers, so i was watching them most. There was a guy ( not really a good player ) his name is Colton Orr.
    He´s one of the though guys in the league. I started to sympathize with this guy .... and he becomes my name on this board.
    Also, the code on my location describes the stadium of his current team. It was MSG ( Madison Square Garden ) when i´ve registerd here and now it´s ACC ( Air Canada Centre ) because he´s playing now for the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Mine was from that F-Zero anime they made several years ago.

Mine comes from my favorite video game series of all time, Ys. The main character is named Adol Christin.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Faker is my 3rd favorite MOTU figure after He-Man and Skeletor. I figured that H-M and Skelly were too cliche to base a name on so I went with Faker. I like that Faker looks like an attempt at Mattel bootlegging their own figure. He is the most ridiculous looking doppelganger. I think I love him because he makes so little sense.

I added the "II" based on the 2nd release of the vintage figure to distinguish me from anyone else using the name.

One fun thing about using Faker as my persona is that I get to have a lot of fun photoshopping my avatars. On yojoe.com, I use the same name and my avatar is a picture of cartoon Duke photoshopped in Faker colors.

I get asked about mine a lot and it's really quite simple. When I started college way back in 1998 it was my assigned student number and login name for the computers. I thought it was totally random and unique, while giving nothing about myself away, so I just started using it as my login names on forums and online gaming so i would only have one login name to remember.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I've always been know as Vadersfist or VF as I've been know as since about 06' when I got into SW and loved the 501st in ROTS troopers. Plus it just sounds cool anyway on a forum lol.
    Last edited by vadersfist; July 29, 2010 at 05:27am.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Mine comes from the Spanish version of the series (my first and most favorite cartoon of all time) thats when in the English version he says i got the power in the Spanish version he says Yo Soy He Man!!!!!!! LOL LOVE IT

YA TENGO EL PODER!!!!!!

I wanted to have generic username, which still would tell something about me. I chose Eurocoin, because besides MOTUC, I also collect euro coins.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images