Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What story is behind your username?

I had to find something unique. I liked Divia because it sounded cool. Its actually a vampire in Forever Knight...a very messed up one..but eh, whatever.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    My user name shouldnt be too hard to figure out the meaning behind. There's a long story to it. Basically I had a VHS tape from the mid 80s of MOTU/POP episodes. "The Eternia Flower" was one of the episodes I had on that tape. Well I rediscovered my He-Man VHS tape back in the day when I was like 16-17 and watched it with all of my friends several times. We partied a lot and may have abused hallucinogens often so naturally we loved Count Marzo's performance.

I also was at a rave around that time and they were playing old he-man episodes in this mini-theatre room and my mind was officially blown that time. I sat in that room until they stopped playing the episodes. I think I sat through at least 2 or 3 for a good hour or so. I think that's also what put me over the top as a He-Man fan. I then came out of lurking and started posting on the .org shortly afterwards.

I was around 18-19 years old when I registered here even though I remember looking up MOTU and finding Adam Tyner's site on AOL 2.5 or 3.0 in the mid 90s. I always loved MOTU and had all the figures back in the day. I even had a few figures always displayed in my room back then throughout my entire life. Webstor was always hanging around I recall for sure since I could hang him from whatever.

I also like to think in my deranged mind that I lent a hand in getting the Count Marzo character noticed and revived for the MYP series. Since that was my name on here and I posted an awful lot back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Colton View Post
    Nice thread .... i like to read every story behind the names

During the time i got registered on .org .... i was watching a lot espn europe on my laptop, almost every night NHL Hockey.
    I like the New York Rangers, so i was watching them most. There was a guy ( not really a good player ) his name is Colton Orr.
    Hes one of the though guys in the league. I started to sympathize with this guy .... and he becomes my name on this board.
    Also, the code on my location describes the stadium of his current team. It was MSG ( Madison Square Garden ) when ive registerd here and now its ACC ( Air Canada Centre ) because hes playing now for the Toronto Maple Leafs.
    That's cool. I'm a NYR fan. It's a shame Colton was allowed to walk away. They spent more on Brashear than they couldve on Orr and he sucked in comparison in my eyes. At least Brashear is gone now and the Rangers picked up Boogaard, the best heavyweight fighter in the league. He will smash faces harder than Orr did for the Rangers and I will be entertained.
    Last edited by Count Marzo; July 29, 2010 at 08:36am.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I think we have had a thread like this before but it's always a fun one so...

Contrary to popular belief mine does not come from the X-Men.
    It's actually my username from old e-wrestling boards but because 'iceman' on the net are a dime a dozen I made it all caps and put lower case 'o's on either end to make it look unique.

Unfortunately people sometimes type it out without caps and then it looks weird.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    I got, well stole...borrowed my name from a character on a movie called Sky High. I liked the name so much because the character was kinda cool and it described my personality. At times I'm on the warpath, other times I'm at peace, hense the name. He's also a Disney character so I should tread carefully using the name. Disney can be ruthless! The 2012 part is because I plan on doing something specatacular in that year.
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

no real story, I got my degree and work at Iowa State University (ISU) and my first name is Mark

Though for years people thought it was some kind of japanese type name since it all ran together but it literally means Mark at ISU
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Pimps Adam is just a wordplay on Prince Adam. No occupation truth to the title just something fun and different.
    You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing. George Benard Shaw.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I didn't have a desire to pick a He-Man related name on the old mailing list. When we moved over to the boards I didn't want to use a He-Man related name since I could get confused with whomever had it on the mailing list... thus, I picked TheShadow since he is good with a bit of bad.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Um... Dave is my name, and I sorta remembered the naming conventions of the original MOTU figures. You know, He-Man, Beast-Man, Mer-Man, Man-at-Arms, Ram-Man, etc. Most of those names were taken, so I just used my own.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Today's sermon topic: What is Hell? Come hear our choir!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    I didn't have a desire to pick a He-Man related name on the old mailing list. When we moved over to the boards I didn't want to use a He-Man related name since I could get confused with whomever had it on the mailing list... thus, I picked TheShadow since he is good with a bit of bad.
    Damn! How old is this place? I didn't even know there was a mailing list before the message board. As much as I love MOTU, I'm ashamed I didn't start coming to this site sooner.

Lamont Cranston rules btw!
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I wanted a name that would instill instant feelings of happiness and joy among whoever saw it...so I used my real name. Mission accomplished!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

POP and Customs Mod heftysmurf76's Avatar
    I love it when these threads pop up, I think its like the 3rd or 4th time I've seen it. So interesting finding more out about fellow orgers. And I remember before I knew Mark well, tellin him I thought you pronounced his name :"Mark-a-tissue"

My username comes from my love of smurfs and being a "Hefty" guy (hefty as in chunky and fat, not muscular like the actual smurf).the tail end is my year of birth since many of the online stuff like Yahoo and Aim already had "heftysmurf" taken...

Yeah it's not the least bit MOTUish, but its my online name everywhere...

My Nickname since the 8th grade has been "Rain"... and way back then my mom had AOL... but some jack-wad already had just "Rain" on AOL... so I became MightyRain lol... which I was known as for a long time around the net, but here and several other message boards I talked the mods into dropping the "Mighty" and have been known as just Rain since then.

Now the story behind how I got the nickname... is saddly reserved for the Tar Swamps lol
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

Back in high school, when I thought I was creative, I picked Blaine (from The Dark Tower - Blaine the Mono) because it sounded cool and used it as a pen-name/artist name. Also named the main character in little comic strips starring friends Blaine. As I left High School and got into online communities, it was Blaine or Blaine the Machine (as in an art machine, they called me because there was a time I was kicking out pictures for people about 3 or 4 a day).

Then, when I started joining message boards, or things, I couldn't use Blaine because it was always taken, and I swore to never do that Name1234 thing... th enumbers always looked dumb to me. So I declared myself SonofBlaine.

That sometimes gets shortened ot he nick SOB, which has it's own connotations. And our own Heftysmurf, int he Powers of Preternia podcast, started dubbing me That Marvelous SOB.

I have no good ending so I'll just say, "Ta da!".
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

Little bit of a story, though it's a real round-about way to get to a pretty normal name:

My parents never bought me any video game consoles when I was little (and I didn't have the cash for my own) so I would always be behind the times. When my friends got the newest thing, I borrowed thier oldest thing. So it was that I played A LOT of NES during the days of the SNES and Genesis (and a little into the early Playstation days).

There were a few games where you enter your name before you play, and eventually I got tired of just entering my own name all the time. The major one was Marble Madness, and I don't know why I even bothered, because it didn't have a save feature. The high scores were reset every time. Regardless, I put in a different name each time so I knew (at the time of playing, anyway) what scores were which. After awhile, I didn't even care about that, because I was so focused on trying to BEAT the dang game (which I never have; been to the last level countless times, but I've never had enough time or skill to beat it). So, somehow, after choosing different names because I was tired of inputing my normal name....I settled on inputing the same name again, but not my name. I know, it's strange. I still don't know what the reasoning behind it was.

Anyway, obviously, the name was Alex. I used it all the time for name inputs. Next, when I started playing RPGs a lot, I always named the main characters Alex (still do). Then, when we got the internet for the first time, I used the name Alexx1083 on AOL. The second X came about because...well...Alex is a completely normal name! All the Alexs are using it already, and many are using the double X as well...though, not enough of them. So, same as with video games, whenever something needs a name, I use Alexx. Just a strange tradtition, I guess.

My name's Eric, by the way.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

In my case it's my char from my L.A.R.P (who has an odd secret)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    That's cool. I'm a NYR fan. It's a shame Colton was allowed to walk away. They spent more on Brashear than they couldve on Orr and he sucked in comparison in my eyes. At least Brashear is gone now and the Rangers picked up Boogaard, the best heavyweight fighter in the league. He will smash faces harder than Orr did for the Rangers and I will be entertained.
    Thanks a lot ! .... Boogaard for Brashear sounds budding. I think im gonna renew my account on espn europe the next season

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Damn! How old is this place? I didn't even know there was a mailing list before the message board. As much as I love MOTU, I'm ashamed I didn't start coming to this site sooner.

Lamont Cranston rules btw!
    Yup, the mailing list started in... 1995? 1996? Somewhere around there. Way before he-man.org existed. Adam Tyner's He-Man site eventually evolved in to he-man.org.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    I had to find something unique. I liked Divia because it sounded cool. Its actually a vampire in Forever Knight...a very messed up one..but eh, whatever.
    You do realize when you come to the Constitution state to take me out I'm still calling you that.

Mine I've been using forever. It was my backyard wrestling name, then parlayed into my online gaming, and basically online moniker.
    It comes from a line in the lyrics for Armitage Shanks

"Elected, the rejected
    I perfect the science of the idiot
    No meaning, and no healing
    Self-loathing freak, and introverted deviot

I must insist on being a pessimist, I'm a loner in a catastrophic mind
    "

At the time this was pretty descriptive of myself, and so I used it as my online namesake. The rest is history
    Last edited by TheDeviot; July 29, 2010 at 01:11pm.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    no real story, I got my degree and work at Iowa State University (ISU) and my first name is Mark

Though for years people thought it was some kind of japanese type name since it all ran together but it literally means Mark at ISU
    Count me as one of those people until about a month ago.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

I am Adam and Teela's gay, awesome son from the future.

You know you want an action figure of me.
    I want to smurf your smurf.

Mine is from back in the early 90's I was on AOL. There wasn't much in the form of internet access in my area. When I signed up, it had a list of suggested usernames and jman was one of them. I've pretty much used that since. I have to add an underscore or dash sometimes or something else to use it. It's become a popular username it seems these days. Sometimes I'll use another name if all possible options are taken.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Mine is really stupid. A girl I graduated from high school with ended up going to the same college as me. When we went to the computer lab to surf the web, she noticed my username to log into the computer was just my last name, Wall. Her username and practically everyone else's was their last name with the first and middle initial tacked onto the end. Seems to make sense. I think we'd been drinking before getting on the computer, but she looked over at my screen when I typed in my username and she said "Hey Brandon, why can't you be 'wallb'?"

After a week of it being an inside joke it became a nickname, then an email address, then it just became my perpetual tag on practically anything especially the Internet. If you happen to see my username on another website (namely deviantart.com and peopleofwalmart.com) you can bet good money that's me.

I've been following the career of a basketball player since 94'. His name is Antonio McDyess. His nicname is "Dyess" (Dice) and since the first real chat forums I ever got into were b-ball related, I've always gone by either Dice, Dyess, or DiceFan (if Dice was already taken).

Sadly, next season will probably be his last, and my once all consuming intrest in the NBA will be lost.

My username is an old name I used on Battlenet back when I played Starcraft 1 religiously. Pretty boring, I know.

When I worked at Gamestop, I always wrote Nicholigh on my name tag, because I wasn't comfortable having a daily store load of people knowing my real name. And I couldn't just make something up, managers wouldn't have it, so Nicholigh was born. I spelled it wrong by accident, and decided to leave it when I learned that it was wrong. It somehow made me like it even more. I think it was because I was offended at all the rude people who so loudly pointed out my misspelling, as if they just wanted to let the room know that I was wrong, or they were right. Good times, good times.
    Kun is a japanese thing, I'm not even sure what it means, but I think it's "friend".
    Last edited by nicholighkun; July 29, 2010 at 04:21pm.