Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What story is behind your username?

Theres's several unconnected reasons why I chose "RocketPunch":

1) I love the old Thunder Punch He-Man figure, so I wanted to use that as my username, but Thunderpunch was already taken.

2) I'm a big fan of Team Rocket from Pokemon.

3) I've always enjoyed playing fighting games, and the Sentinel character from Capcom's Marvel Vs series has a move called the Rocket Punch, which it says frequently during battle in a fairly cool, robotic voice.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; July 29, 2010 at 03:31pm.

My name is german and means Wasp-man. Simply because Buzz is one of my favourites.

Mine's an homage to my favorite super hero characters, Wonder Woman, Wonder Girl and the Wonder Twins. JMB are my initials.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Ordinarily, I go by the moniker of "The Shadow" on the forums that I frequent, as the pulp hero is one of my favorite characters. (though I'm a fan of other pulp heroes as well).

But seeing as the Org already had a member using "The Shadow" as a screenname I needed to choose something else. I could have gone with "The Black Eagle"/"The Dark Eagle", Kent Allard, or "The Knight of Darkness" and used a screen name directly connected to The Shadow but I decided to go with something a bit different.

I'm also a fan of Captain Marvel (specifically the original Fawcett created {now DC owned}, although Marvel's Captain Mar Vell is an interesting character). And considering Captain Marvel's influence on MOTU and the character of He-Man, I decided to use "Captain Marvel".

My avatar is a close-up of the Big Red Cheese from Jeff Smith's 4-part Captain Marvel mini-series. I've been thinking of changing it recently -- maybe with art done by Jerry Ordway or Alex Ross.
    Last edited by Captain Marvel; July 29, 2010 at 04:51pm.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    Mine is in reference to a wrestler's finishing move. Raven of ECW/WCW used a DDT as his finisher and it was called the evenflow.
    I always assumed you were a Pearl Jam fan...

lol.

Long story short..... A group of friends and I always called Judge Judy: "Judge Poody" so it became my nickname... and I use it for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Poody View Post
    Long story short..... A group of friends and I always called Judge Judy: "Judge Poody" so it became my nickname... and I use it for everything.
    I'm literally laughing out loud right now. That story really makes your avatar something special. That, my friend, is freakin' hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    My avatar is a close-up of the Big Red Cheese from Jeff Smith's 4-part Captain Marvel mini-series. I've been thinking of changing it recently -- maybe with art done by Jerry Ordway or Alex Ross.
    Do Jerry Ordway for your avatar.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Warrior
    At concerts my friends and I would call the "devil horns" throwing the goat and anyone who did it was a goat thrower. One time when we were really drunk I said "If you throw the goat with both hands would that make it a siamese goat, joined by the headbanger?"

I also go by Shishard on other forums. Its what I called myself as a youngun .

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Like a few others, my name come from video games. When I first got on AOL in 1998, I chose a combination of Mega Man X and Metal Gear Solid, the Playstation and Saturn games I played the most. MetalManSolid sounded pretty weird, so it became MegaGearX. For some reason, I couldn't use MegaGearX, like I normally go by, so I upped it to MegaGearMax, as in Maximum.

My "true name" is not "Max", though.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Like a few others, my name come from video games. When I first got on AOL in 1998, I chose a combination of Mega Man X and Metal Gear Solid, the Playstation and Saturn games I played the most. MetalManSolid sounded pretty weird, so it became MegaGearX. For some reason, I couldn't use MegaGearX, like I normally go by, so I upped it to MegaGearMax, as in Maximum.

My "true name" is not "Max", though.
    I always wondered if you were a Mega Man fan. High five, brotha!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    This thread is a blast. I love reading the stories behind the user names!

Markatisu - Count me among those who thought your username was Japanese-themed.

I host a horror movie show on local TV, so I recently changed my .Org username to my horror host moniker - Penny Dreadful. It was my "punk rock" name before I was a horror host and I retained it for the show.

The name originally came from 19th century horror stories which were released in installments and cost a penny apiece.

~Penny~
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I always wondered if you were a Mega Man fan. High five, brotha!
    High five!

Yeah, I'm a Mega Man fan from way back.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post

I host a horror movie show on local TV, so I recently changed my .Org username to my horror host moniker - Penny Dreadful. It was my "punk rock" name before I was a horror host and I retained it for the show.

The name originally came from 19th century horror stories which were released in installments and cost a penny apiece.

~Penny~
    I wondered if you were actually "Penny Dreadful" or just a fan. Unfortunately, in my neck of the woods(Chicagoland), we don't get your show. Although, we do have Svengoolie.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Master of New Adventures!
    When I first came onto the board after about two months of lurking, I was pretty sure I'd be drawn-and-quartered because of my creation of THE NEW ADVENTURES OF HE-MAN and my writing of thirty-seven episodes of the series. At that time there was still a pretty good amount of "N/A sucks" sentiment around.

So I chose "Heeeere's Olesker!" as a sort of play off of Ed McMahon's humorous and extended introduction of "Heeeere's Johnny!" from the old Johnny Carson TONIGHT SHOW, using it as an indication that fully I expected and was prepared for orgers to start figuratively hurling rocks at me.

To my enduring surprise, relief and pleasure, that level of anger never materialized. What I found instead was that most orgers were willing to give me a fair hearing on N/A. Perhaps my understanding of and empathy for loyal MOTU fans' initially feeling disenfranchised and betrayed by MOTU helped mitigate some of their hostility. The more I explained things about N/A -- why I did certain things with the series and my sincere respect for the previous incarnations and the brilliant writers involved with the original series -- the more most fans began to at least understand my thinking and even most of the ardent anti-N/A orgers seemed to allow a grudging acceptance.

Years later, when the N/A dvd collection was released, still more fans gave it a shot. Some still didn't like N/A at all -- which I understand and respect. Others accepted N/A as being a part of He-man canon, although a different 'adventure' for He-man. And still others came to actually like it. (Naturally, there was also a group who'd liked N/A from the start and they were quite pleased by the release of the collection.) I received great input from fans in the N/A forum and the praise and the thoughtful, civil criticism are both equally appreciated.

I still smile when I look at my user name and recall how I'd expected something like the final scene in Frankenstein -- villagers shouting with burning torches and uplifted rakes -- at my appearance on the board. How mistaken I was and how grateful I am that so many orgers have made me feel welcome here.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; July 30, 2010 at 07:10pm.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Count Marzo - I totally believe that your online "presence" is largely responsible for Count Marzo existing in the 200x cartoon! Enjoy the black flowers...

Hey Mr. Shokoti - That's so cool that you're in the Svengoolie viewing-area. He's a legendary TV horror host and has been going strong for decades! I was pretty psyched that he recently mentioned me on his show - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY-ZY...layer_embedded

~Penny~
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; July 30, 2010 at 07:16pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Mine is very simple. Patrick + Autobot ~= patobot

I was looking for a username that was not taken on ebay, so I created that one. Then I've decided to keep the same username on different forums for consistency.
    MOTU collection: http://www.flickr.com/photos/patobot...617600/detail/ (53 sealed items)

POP collection: http://www.flickr.com/photos/patobot...668314/detail/ (36 sealed items)

Feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176288

Updated: August 1st 2010

That's so cool that you're in the Svengoolie viewing-area. He's a legendary TV horror host and has been going strong for decades! I was pretty psyched that he recently mentioned me on his show - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY-ZY...layer_embedded
    It's nice to know that even though the "local television" entertainment market isn't as large as it was when I was growing up in the 80's(which itself was smaller than what my parents grew up with), there are still those like you keeping the torch lit. That's also cool that so many of you are also friendly with each other.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Heroic Warrior
    With so many cool names and stories behind your user names, it's sad that I have no real story behind my user name. I was in a hurry to register (got tired of being a lurker) so I just randomly chose a name.

I would like to change it but I've met so many cool people here on the forums that know me by my user name, that I am worried that if I change my user name I would fall out of contact with all of them.

Anyhow, Markatisu, count me in as one of the members who thought your name was Japanese inspired, you really had me fooled. You have one of the most original and coolest user names that I have ever seen on any forum.

This is cool..great idea for a thread.. it's like getting to know everyone's life a little more than just MOTU.

Mine started in high school. My initials are: OK....so people started calling me OKY. And then someone realized that adding DOKY to my nickname = okydoky, which sounds like the slang for sure, alright (for our international friends).

Just imagine hearing this everyday, "Hey okydoky, is everything okey dokey?

And it stuck with me.
    "I must possess all, or I possess nothing" - Skeletor in Masters of the Universe (1987)

My pictures and albums

Feedback #1
    Feedback #2
    Feedback #3

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar

~Penny~
    So that's the story from the Penny Punk to the Dreadful.

BTW, that's definitely cool! I checked out some of your stuff a while ago from your sig and I like it! I like quite a bit of the old school horror actually. When I had a no-so-legal dish (early 2000s), I picked up tons of channels on it that I would have never seen otherwise. One of them was a Canadian channel called Scream which I got to see debut and it was nothing but good horror stuff. Pretty sure Elvira was on there quite a bit hosting too. I really miss that channel and there's nothing of it's kind available on my terrible cable with 100s of terrible channels.

Count Marzo - I totally believe that your online "presence" is largely responsible for Count Marzo existing in the 200x cartoon! Enjoy the black flowers...
    I like to think so in my deranged mind, but I don't want to take any credit for that. I'm just glad that it happened the way it did because Count Marzo had an amazing performance and was the main reason why I enjoyed the 200x series as much as I did.

I allllways enjoy the black flowers, although some of your potions look pretty interesting. Ever add any black flower petals into them?

-=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Cybertronian Visitor transfan80's Avatar
    Pretty simple-when I first came online, I was nostalgic for 80s toons, and the only one I'd seen recently at the time in any form was Transformers. The other part is the year I was born.
    Be who you are, not what's cool.

I like wolves (and werewolves) and I have pretty sharp canine teeth
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    I had to find something unique. I liked Divia because it sounded cool. Its actually a vampire in Forever Knight...a very messed up one..but eh, whatever.
    It's a beautiful name too. Never heard of the series but I will look into it now.
    I always wondered where the name came from.

Mines was just based off an amazing painting I saw in a local art museum. Every time I visit that one I have to see 'my' painting. The way the candle light hit the Judith's face, then your eyes fall on her scared maid, and finally on the disembodied head 'Judith' is holding. I knew from then she was kick ass and someone I would like to be. You can read about her in the books of the bible that never made it into the King James Bible.
    Last edited by Judith; July 30, 2010 at 10:27pm.
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

Master of New Adventures!

~Penny~
    A most wonderful and evocative name and one that sends me back to my favorite century that I lived in.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; July 31, 2010 at 01:20am.