Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: What story is behind your username?

Krugos is the name I gave to the fish in my avatar.

I started using it regularly as my Username because Krugos was always available whenever I made a new account somewhere.

The fish originated in a painting I did in 2003, good luck finding it:

Last edited by krugos; August 1, 2011 at 09:41am.
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    I use the Green Goddess' real name, because she's one of my favorite characters.

I've always loved butterflies, purple was my favorite color at the time, and I was too lazy to capitalize my "f". It was that simple

In the late 90's I was going to write a fan-fic about a warrior king on eternia that the kingdom ended up being named after. his nemesis was going to be havoc, who's skull is now atop Skeletor's havoc Staff. I had the basics down, and never got around to it. now the ideas I had a really similar to the King Grayskull concept and it's all null. But that's where the name came from

Anime has always been my number 1 interest, at the time I was joining forums like this one I was watching a lot of Zoids so I used variation of the main Zoid Shield/Blade Liger in Chaotic Century and Liger Zero in New Century
    You will see the name Darkliger on several forums like Rangerboard and Pojo

I'm LeelooMinai because "The Fifth Element" is my favorite movie of all time and it's the one thing I nerd over the most. I have a huge collection of items from the film, many of them rare, and Leeloo is one of my favorite characters. Technically, "Minai" is not capitalized in her entire name, and in the official glossary it's broken down even further, "leeloo mi nai," but I preferred the flow of her name, and wanted to differentiate "minai". "Leeloominai" translates from the Divine Language into "precious stones" in the glossary. When she talks about where the stones are in the film, you can even pick up on the word in her speech to Cornelius.

I'm just a movie nerd, is what it boils down to.
    Leeloomina´ Lekatariba Lamina-Tcha´ Ekbat De Sebat

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    My username is actually the original germanic form of my middle name (which everybody IRL knows me by these days). I think it has a nice ancient barbarian vibe to it, plus it translates to "might in battle". Turns out it's also pretty hard for most people to pronounce and also easy to misread, so as soon as I an afford it, I want to change it a bit to simplify the spelling.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Mechthild, I think your user avatar is AWESOME, and it just won best .org user avatar from me!

Everytime I see your posts I try to sound out your username, but in my head it sounds like "Mek-tild". After googling I see that's kind of right, and actually I prefer it over its more commonly known form!

So kudos to you all around.
    Leeloomina´ Lekatariba Lamina-Tcha´ Ekbat De Sebat

Widget
    Sinfour is the name I use when i produce and release music. The name came to me when I played Final Fantasy X on PS2. The "four" was just random and it fitted right there and then :P

I like Marvel's Mysterio. The special effects master from Hollywood -- turned villain!
    Spidey's enemy, part of the original Sinister Six, and not some wrestler guy.

'Nuff Said!

I am a Maniac about MOTU. lol.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
    I like Marvel's Mysterio. The special effects master from Hollywood -- turned villain!
    Spidey's enemy, part of the original Sinister Six, and not some wrestler guy.

'Nuff Said!
    Where's the Quentin Beck avatar?
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; December 19, 2012 at 04:03pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    It's there, the Man-At-Arms avatar is just an illusion.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    It's there, the Man-At-Arms avatar is just an illusion.
    Nice I just love my old MAA so much. But, I'll gladly change it up!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I'm an Otaku and red is my favorite color. Akai means Red in Japanese.
    Last edited by Akai; December 19, 2012 at 05:01pm.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
    Nice I just love my old MAA so much. But, I'll gladly change it up!
    Well, you want to be a cool villain like me and d-set13 then yup! Change it up!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

a Muppet of a man...
    Back in high school, a buddy of mine decided my name, Scott, needed to be short for something. He decided Scotward seemed like the most likely option.

I answered this in my intro thread, but since I love to talk about myself, I figured I'd take the opportunity to answer it again!

off and on, for the last 8 years or so, I have been writing a webcomic about a guy that gets sucked into the superhero scene. aleksandur (he speaks in all lowercase letters for much of the series) is the name of the main character, and has been since he was just a lowly heroes unlimited character back when that game was still reasonably playable. I've always thought the name alex was cool (so cool, in fact, that it's what we named my son that's due in january) and wanted to have a unique spelling of it. I've used it for various online persona ever since.

it got kinda awkward when i started working on another comic with someone actually named aleksandar. some people get confused and think that's me as well.
    I write comics, too! Check out Studio Stella Polaris on Drive Thru Comics!

Hordak's Pupil General Stingrad's Avatar
    General Stingrad was a minor character in the 200X universe he was subordinate of Buzz-Off. I just liked the name sounded
    Etheria will be mine!

Leech got me back into MOTU. It was one of the last figures that I managed to hold onto. It was in my room even as an older teenager. I happened across the Leech staction on ebay, then discovered MOTUC.

Lich Leech was just an idea for a Leech variant - an undead version of Leech, maybe glow in the dark.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    From the movie Heavy Metal, one of my all time fave animated movies since i was 12 when i saw it on TBS 19 years ago and bought on video when it came out when i was 15 with the soundtrack and later replaced it with DVD after my graduation, he's the cabbie guy and that's where i got my nickname from.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

I am a ninja.....and a man.

Replikor was a name that evolved over some time with the masters brand.

As a little kid, I had always wanted an flipside opponent for my faker, somethin like a skin colored heman, as faker didnt have a direct opponent like most characters at the time had.
    So, I had made this skin colored skeletor from a spare zodac body an had put on a skeletor head which I had 2 extras from a yard sale which were VERY badly sunbleached and had painted the skeletor face with blue magic markers. To this day I still have that figure now, He has since been repainted with a decent paintjob. But I cant bring myself to replace that hairy chest of zodacs he has with a bare heman/skeletor chest ...just out of simple nostalgic factor.
    But back then he was called Skelifake... lame.. I know. lol

The current name however evolved from accident, being a Stargate fan, I had watched an episode; that I honestly dont remember the name of anymore; about these lil spider robots called replicators.
    I got his new name from that basic idea of their name.

His redone name when I made my 200X version was Repla-Ka-Tor.. which still seemed off... but by luck my daughter was aggravating me one evening after that an was saying his name odd ways said his name repla-kor... an it hit me.. Replikor... which then inspired me to make my Classics version of the vintage figure.
    Last edited by Replikor; December 20, 2012 at 11:33am.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    it is of my personal created character TechTrek. who is part of my property Defenders of Eden. it was never intended to be "me in character form" and really isnt. but it is me in the sense that everyone on here calls me TT! lol.
    he started as sort of a fan fic MOTU character, but since i love creating so many characters i thought it would be proper to give him a real home.

feel free to check us out as well