Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: **PROTECTED: MYP Hss with improved snake form**

**PROTECTED: MYP Hss with improved snake form**

THIS IS A PROTECTED THREAD!

Heck with waiting for MGM!

Like some people, while I love the new vintage version of the humanoid King Hsss, I am less than enamored with is snake version.

Personally, I don't think it looks menacing enough. I would like it to be bigger, more wrap around snakes, more monstrous if you will. With the interchangeable, torso I feel the portion of the snakes do not need to be hindered by human body size.

Plus- the MYP version does have distinctly different look than his 80's counterpart. Adding a swappable head is not enough.

To please both of these camps, I am proposing that down the line as a bonus or beast pack, that they a) retool Hsss human form to accommodate his MYP look and b) include an all new snake torso either inspired by the 200x look or an improvement on the vintage one (bigger, more articulation, what ever it takes).

For the retool of the Human Hsss, it can be done quite cheaply yet still be effective:

Using Hiss base body, just swap in Bow's gauntlets and shin. Give him a new head, new loincloth (or reuse Carnivus') and new feet (or reuse Beastman's feet).

I suspect that material cost is one of the factors that keep the snake torso small- so I suggest making him into a $25-$30 beast pack to cover the addition tooling and material.

Feel free to add your support or any other ideas, as long as they are about getting an "improved" addition version of Hsss.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Let's be clear : the problem is not the human form (vintage or 200x, both seem cool to me, and the mockup above is great, really).
    You right, Let be clear- this Protected thread is proposing a MYP version of the human body with an improved snake body. This is not for discussing why doesn't Mattel do it "right" in the first place. This thread assumes that battle has been lost.

EDIT2: Further clarification: This is not a not a place to rehash Classic vs. MYP. Save that debate for other threads!
    Last edited by Steph; July 29, 2010 at 04:15pm.

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    Hello, well i think they could make such a figure right now, except for the "improved" snake body and the (bloody ridicolous) sandals they have all the components they need. The head should be just a repainted version of the current one, with yellow helmet and no mask. That's unless you want the "caricatural" head, in this case you'd need a resculpt. You sum up the oter pieces yourself (well done), and the weapons are already there.
    Cheap and easy, i say.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I’m not a fan of these protected threads.. but.. I support this idea!

I know that variants are a part of this line.. and it looks like we’re gonna get 4-6 per year. So, rather than getting Scuba He-Man, From the Land before Land.. and Tropical Beach He-Man, He-Man of the South.. I would much appreciate 200X refreshes. I love the King Hiss we are getting in March… but I would also like to see a 200X Hiss with more snakes.. or bigger.. or better proportioned.. or just more evil.. or whatever.

Heroic Warrior
    While I really like the mockup above, I'd like the FIRST release of Hsss to ALSO have an improved snake form.

I could get a 200x Hsss with no problem, but not if the first Hsss was botched (like we saw so far with the terrible snake form).

I also wonder WHY on Earth should I buy a SECOND Hsss to MAYBE get a decent snake form ?

Let's be clear : the problem is not the human form (vintage or 200x, both seem cool to me, and the mockup above is great, really).

The problem is the snake part. And I don't want to buy more King Hsss figures just because I hope I'd MAYBE get a better snake form with the 2nd, or 3rd of 4th version of him ! The 1st Hsss should come FULLY DONE, with A DECENT "hydra" part ! Better : he should have come with a 200x head also. Now, it seems we're doomed to see more variants for this figure, whereas they could have produced a definitive version right away ! And yet, we're not sure to get a decent snake part for Hsss!

You mark my words : if the 1st Hsss doesn't come with a great hydra part (and currently, the hydra part looks pathetic, in my humble opinion), the second, 200x won't come with a decent snake part either !

I mean, look : they reissued Stratos. No grabbing hand, no improvement. Now, they reissued him as a repaint, in the DCUC vs. MOTUC pack. Still no grabbing hand ! And that is JUST A HAND, whose mold already exists, for Heaven's sake ! So WHY should you think that Mattel would change the whole snake part if they had to release a 200x Hsss ? If they were too lazy to give Stratos a grabbing hand, I certainly cannot see them remodeling the snake part for a second Hsss !
    Last edited by Spectror; July 29, 2010 at 03:11pm.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'm pretty busy today, Steph. Thanks for starting up!

You've got my support in this!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 29, 2010 at 04:19pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Nice mock-up! I'd buy him.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

I'm for it!

I also would like to see the join between the snake body and the twist to be soft and not just like some tubes posed on the top of a trunk tree.

(Hope I'm understood... not sure of my english here )

I fully support this! I loved 200x King Hsss and would love a more menacing snake body!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm 100% for him. He's Egyptian themed and completely different from the 80's Hiss. He could have an awesome, much more menacing snake form too!

...and Mattel could include the more menacing snake form in classic colours in a weapons pack so people unhappy with the 80's MOTUC Hiss' snake form (which seems to be the majority), could have an awesome one to display him with too!

I'm all for it!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    I was wondering when you guys were gonna start this thread. We might have lost one battle but the war has just begun!
    Last edited by warrenpeace2012; July 29, 2010 at 03:59pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

I like the vintage-version King Hiss figure they showed at SDCC a lot (both human and snake). But just like other figures use some 200X influence I would like to see 200X King Hiss version in MOTUC (both human and snake) as well. He is an A-list character after all.

I am not sure if I remember correctly but wasn't in some of the old Q&A's mentioned the egyptian 200X Sorceress is in the plan? (I do not want to spread rumours here so please correct me if I am wrong.) If so King Hiss deserves egyptian 200X version too.
    Last edited by Sabretooth; July 29, 2010 at 04:08pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    I am not sure if I remember correctly but wasn't in some of the old Q&A's mentioned the egyptian 200X Sorceress is in the plan?
    There have been statement by Toyguru that if a MYP character has a drastically different form than their Vintage counter part, they MAY get an individual treatment in the Claasics line. Possible characters that have pervious been mentioned are: Adam (on a smaller buck from DC), Sorceress Egyptian look, Purple Evil Lyn, and Captain Randor has been mentioned. I would think Hsss being a villain leader could and should warrant such consideration as well.

Signed. I'm not too bothered about the snake form, but the MYP King Hsss is the only one I really know. I'd never even heard of the snake men before then, as I'd stopped playing with motu toys long before those figures were introduced. An MYP "human' form with bigger snakes would be cool.
    Last edited by Whiplash7; July 29, 2010 at 04:13pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    I am not sure if I remember correctly but wasn't in some of the old Q&A's mentioned the egyptian 200X Sorceress is in the plan? (I do not want to spread rumours here so please correct me if I am wrong.) If so King Hiss deserves egyptian 200X version too.
    200X Sorceress is doable. So far the list is:

King Randor
    Prince Adam
    Sorceress
    Evil-Lyn
    He-Man (Mattel and the fans want more tooled He-Man variants first)

Roboto and King Hsss aren't outright confirmed as possible, nor denied.

Toyguru
    Always possible but nothing to announce now. These designs (when you remove anime hyper detail) are really not that different, so it is more unlikely compared to characters like Evil Lyn who had a much different 2002 look, but you never know.
    While I really like the mockup above, I'd like the FIRST release of Hsss to ALSO have an improved snake form.

I could get a 200x Hsss with no problem, but not if the first Hsss was botched (like we saw so far with the terrible snake form).

I also wonder WHY on Earth should I buy a SECOND Hsss to MAYBE get a decent snake form ?
    Maybe the snake form looks unsatisfactory because the snake form is from the vintage King Hsss. In that case, he's done right.

I think this is more along the lines of what we want.

The problem is the snake part. And I don't want to buy more King Hsss figures just because I hope I'd MAYBE get a better snake form with the 2nd, or 3rd of 4th version of him ! The 1st Hsss should come FULLY DONE, with A DECENT "hydra" part ! Better : he should have come with a 200x head also. Now, it seems we're doomed to see more variants for this figure, whereas they could have produced a definitive version right away ! And yet, we're not sure to get a decent snake part for Hsss!

You mark my words : if the 1st Hsss doesn't come with a great hydra part (and currently, the hydra part looks pathetic, in my humble opinion), the second, 200x won't come with a decent snake part either !

I mean, look : they reissued Stratos. No grabbing hand, no improvement. Now, they reissued him as a repaint, in the DCUC vs. MOTUC pack. Still no grabbing hand ! And that is JUST A HAND, whose mold already exists, for Heaven's sake ! So WHY should you think that Mattel would change the whole snake part if they had to release a 200x Hsss ? If they were too lazy to give Stratos a grabbing hand, I certainly cannot see them remodeling the snake part for a second Hsss !
    Well, it's because Mattel is probably held to make the vintage snakes. For a 200X Hsss, the 4H have no such restraints and CAN improve upon the snakes.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 21, 2011 at 07:54pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    You got my support!!!
    The snake form of the vintage release King Hssss in march 2011 is extremely disappointing!

I really want a menacing 200X snake body for King Hssss and the 200X Egyptian human form looks really cool as well! He is totally different from the vintage King Hssss which should certainly secure him into the 200X version redo release slot. To do the Snake body right, this must be a quarterly oversized release of around $30. That is what I was actually expecting from King Hssss in the first place.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Take us to church, Steph!!!! Yes, I want a 200x version of King Hsss - AND I want his snake form to be newly sculpted and more formidable looking like it was on the 200x cartoon. I'm so disappointed with the snake form for the vintage-based MOTUC King Hsss.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    Quick question. Who's getting rid of their King Hiss hydra/snake form? If you do trash it, I'll buy it and use it as a custom to make a better version than that one up there
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

Heroic Warrior
    Mattel is probably held to make the vintage snakes.
    Not at all! Only Mattel decides the way the figures are to be made, and gives the orders to the 4 Horsemen. No one else decides how figures are to be made.

The only way they could have been obliged to make the vintage snakes is if there had been a shell in which the hydra part had to encase itself.

Clearly, it's not the case, so they could certainly have created a more impressive, more articulated hydra part with hinged jaws.

There was no obligation to reproduce the same 80's look on the hydra part. And if there had been, even then the job would have been botched, because the 80's figure has a 6th snake coiled around the neck, and that snake is absent on MOTUC Hsss's snake part.

From all drawings and pictures, Hsss's hydra form looks the best with 7 snakes, in my opinion.

There was not much thought, and not much research, in the way the hydra part of MOTUC Hsss was designed. Static, bendable (what a terrible, poor choice!), extremely thin and wimpy... I'm not surprised that so many fans are disappointed by that "cloak stand hydra part"! To me, even the 80's version is better articulation wise: at least, the 80's version could move the arms up and down properly with a REAL articulation, without the risk to see an (oxydated) bendy metal wire poking through the plastic!

To me, MOTUC King Hsss's snake part is a complete failure.

I'd be happy if the 200x version of Hsss was available for people who prefer that particular version. But once again, a 200x Hsss doesn't mean at all that there will be a better snake part coming with it!

To be fully honest, King Hsss should have been a deluxe figure, and should have come with many more accessories (they were able to do this with the royal guards, but making an A-list character properly was not possible!?). Design-wise, many poor choices were done for Hsss. It is quite rare when design is at fault in MOTUC, but with Hsss, it's the case...

The most shocking and scandalous part being that they simply REFUSE to improve that lame snake part, and any sculpt for that matter! Once again, I have to ask: why should I buy an inferior quality product from a company that blatantly REFUSES to please its customers?

i love the human form they showed at sdcc! best incarnation yet. but i would also buy a "royal" (i.e. MYP - not necessarily "hyper anime detail"!) version of king hiss!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm all for an awesome 200X King Hssss and snake form!

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Absolutely! Larger, longer, and more numerous snakes, articulated jaws on the larger snake heads, and no damn rabbit teeth!
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Dark's pic reminds me...524 screencaps of 200X and I'm sorely lacking any of snake form Hsss...

Not at all! Only Mattel decides the way the figures are to be made, and gives the orders to the 4 Horsemen. No one else decides how figures are to be made.

The only way they could have been obliged to make the vintage snakes is if there had been a shell in which the hydra part had to encase itself.

Clearly, it's not the case, so they could certainly have created a more impressive, more articulated hydra part with hinged jaws.

There was no obligation to reproduce the same 80's look on the hydra part. And if there had been, even then the job would have been botched, because the 80's figure has a 6th snake coiled around the neck, and that snake is absent on MOTUC Hsss's snake part.
    Maybe the 6th snake would interfere with the main snake head moving.

The thing is, since it's the Classic Hsss, with no 200X or otherwise new material, the vintage look was what they were using to model this current version from.

From all drawings and pictures, Hsss's hydra form looks the best with 7 snakes, in my opinion.
    LOL! That's why I picked that for an idea of what we want! Glad you agree!

There was not much thought, and not much research, in the way the hydra part of MOTUC Hsss was designed. Static, bendable (what a terrible, poor choice!), extremely thin and wimpy... I'm not surprised that so many fans are disappointed by that "cloak stand hydra part"! To me, even the 80's version is better articulation wise: at least, the 80's version could move the arms up and down properly with a REAL articulation, without the risk to see an (oxydated) bendy metal wire poking through the plastic!

To me, MOTUC King Hsss's snake part is a complete failure.
    Hmmm...the bendy issue is another argument. I don't agree. I think the bendy snakes allow for the best articulation for those snakes. I've had Nightcrawler and Scorpion figures who's bendable qualities didn't errode over time.

I'd be happy if the 200x version of Hsss was available for people who prefer that particular version. But once again, a 200x Hsss doesn't mean at all that there will be a better snake part coming with it!
    I know, but we aren't getting anywhere with the current Hsss. Might as well put it out there. Mattel can refresh Hsss as a bonus figure since he never had any variants originally. Thanks to this issue, Mattel can now have an opportunity to refresh Hsss...200X fans would be definitely pleased and the general MOTU fans who didn't like the vintage Hsss' snakes will have a better snake form.

To be fully honest, King Hsss should have been a deluxe figure, and should have come with many more accessories (they were able to do this with the royal guards, but making an A-list character properly was not possible!?). Design-wise, many poor choices were done for Hsss. It is quite rare when design is at fault in MOTUC, but with Hsss, it's the case...

The most shocking and scandalous part being that they simply REFUSE to improve that lame snake part, and any sculpt for that matter! Once again, I have to ask: why should I buy an inferior quality product from a company that blatantly REFUSES to please its customers?
    LOL! Mattel is never wrong. Once they show you something, that's it! Might as well try to ask about refreshing that character with a new version.

Hsss and the other SDCC figures might have been prototypes, but their designs might have been approved and finalized by Mattel already. Vintage Hsss is a lost battle, so the fans might as tell Mattel how they could make a 200X Hsss even better...IF they are willing to do it.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 29, 2010 at 08:27pm.

I would be all for this as an A-List variant figure. If they went with it hopefully the updated snake form would be designed to be compatible with the version we are getting next year

I think that mock-up looks great. I'm happy with the current figure, but I'd love this figure as "Emperor Hssss" or something. It'd also be a good chance to get a crazier, more dynamic snake form out later.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I would be all for this as an A-List variant figure. If they went with it hopefully the updated snake form would be designed to be compatible with the version we are getting next year
    That's the plan...hopefully if Mattel likes it, we'll have 2 interchangeable human torsos and 2 interchangeable snake form torsos, so fans can mix the looks however they choose between the two versions.