Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you particular with any food?

Brassy Baroness

Are you particular with any food?

Meaning you have to eat it a specific way?

For instance, if I have ribs, wings, or corn on the cob I will have to meticulously clean the bone/cob. I don't suck it, but I strip it clean. Pretty much I feel for any dog that gets a bone after me.

What about you all?
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

When I eat an apple, I eat the entire thing, core and all. It drives me crazy when i see someone throw away an apple core.

And with oranges, I like to eat the fleshy inside of the peel. I'll deliberately pick the oranges with the thickest skin so I can get the most rind. I'm sure I look quite silly scraping orange peels along my two front teeth.

I also pick bones clean, as long as I have the appetite. I'll suck on them if that is what it takes. I'll even go for the bone marrow if I'm able to get at it!
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

If I have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, the peanut butter and the jelly can't be on the same slice before I combine them. Also, I use one knife for the jelly and another knife for the peanut butter. I better not see any jelly in my peanut butter container or vice versa!

Bang your head!!!
    I always eat the crust from a pizza, work my way around the plate (wont touch the next item untill the one I started is done... getting better at this)...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

If i have french fries (or hot chips depending where you come from lol) with my meal, i find i eat those first before touching anything else (salad is the only exception).

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    If I have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, the peanut butter and the jelly can't be on the same slice before I combine them. Also, I use one knife for the jelly and another knife for the peanut butter. I better not see any jelly in my peanut butter container or vice versa!
    I'm the same way there.

I also will only eat one thing at a time. Meaning if I have an entree with two sides, I eat them in order of least favorite to most favorite. I save the best for last.

I can't clean corn on the cob like Judith. My front teeth no longer touch each other, so I can't get a clean bite on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I also will only eat one thing at a time. Meaning if I have an entree with two sides, I eat them in order of least favorite to most favorite. I save the best for last.
    Me too.

Another distinct thing about the way I eat is I trained myself to cut with my left hand. This way I can keep a fork and a knife in hand at all time. So I don't have to swap my fork and knife between hands when I alternate between eating and cutting my food.

Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    I always eat the crust from a pizza, work my way around the plate (wont touch the next item untill the one I started is done... getting better at this)...

With me, I eat the toppings first. I eat the crust later.

With fried chicken, I eat the skin first (Extra Crispy from KFC is my favorite. )

When I eat my favorite rice, I will always finish it all clean, I mean not a single rice on my Plate. I guess I'm with Judith.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

I don't like different foods touching, perticularly If I have things like beans, sweet corn or pea's or any veg as part of a meal I don't like them touching other foods they have to be in their own pile.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I like to eat my french fries with barbeque sauce instead of ketchup.

I also like the combined taste of macaroni and cheese and baked beans.

don't judge me.

Brassy Baroness
    Wow! So many different food customs!

I will have to try the bake beans and mac one day.
    I know a LOT of people who only eat one item at a time and will not touch the other until the first one is gone.

Very interesting.
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    If i have french fries (or hot chips depending where you come from lol) with my meal, i find i eat those first before touching anything else (salad is the only exception).
    Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    I like to eat my french fries with barbeque sauce instead of ketchup.
    I do all of these.

I don't particularly like my food to mix, although I'm not too anal about it. I like having a meal with lots of different textures and tastes and I do like them to stay distinct. I could never be one of the "eat one thing at a time" people because I need to take a break, as it were, from one kind of food and try another.

It's one thing I've had to sort of adjust to when my boyfriend makes meals. Very often he'd make a meal and it'd be meat, meat and meat! First of all, I grew up eating very little meat and if we did we always had sides like beans or veggies or something. I have gotten him to start making these more though, and when I make dinner there certainly is a bit more variety on the plate.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Master of New Adventures!
    Food is one of the most important elements in my life and I do a huge amount of research about it. I know exactly what's in what I'm regularly eating, I assiduously read the labels on anything new I add to my diet and when I'm in restaurants I demand food is prepared the way I want it -- cooked (not fried) in Olive Oil, no melted cheese and no salt. (My reasoning is that if I'm paying for it then I have a right to ask that it be prepared the way I want.)

I will only use Naturally More Peanut Butter (One of my favorite foods. Although preparing it properly takes a bit of effort, it's well worth it. Healthwise it's the best and though it's an acquired taste it eventually ruins you for commercial peanut butter.) and Brownberry Double Fiber Wheat Bread. I eat nothing that has trans-fatty acids and very, very little with high fructose, although it's tough to avoid it completely. I always use reduced fat products -- together it has a cumulative effect -- and I haven't had whole, 1% of 2% fat milk in decades.

I juice one helping of fruit juice and three helpings of veg each day with my Jack LaLanne Juice Man -- the best and most reliable juicer on the market at any price. I have two small glasses of sulfite-free wine each evening. It's good for the heart and has an uplifting effect.

I cheat once a month with dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings where I'll have traditional wings with Spicy Garlic sauce, Caribbean Jerk sauce on the side, two sides of fat free Ranch and cheese potato wedges. Interestingly, I read an article years ago in Men's Health Magazine that indicated it's a good thing to cheat once a month -- but no more than that -- because it fools your body into thinking you are returning to bad eating habits and your metabolism kicks into overdrive. The proof of this the article (correctly) said is that if you weigh yourself twenty-four hours after your cheat meal you will find that you have actually lost a small amount of weight.

Combined with a strict exercise regimen and barring an accident or unforeseen illness (nothing major in my ancestors) longevity calculators indicate I'll live to 103, which I have every intention of doing, surrounded by my children, my children's children and my children's children's children after a passionate night with my wife.

I only have one body. I believe it is a gift -- although that's a discussion for another thread in another forum. My body does a lot for me. Imo, the very least I can do in return is to choose the best things I can to put into it.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; August 1, 2010 at 05:51pm.

Heroic Eternian Beekeeper Meta Ray Mek's Avatar
    I will only eat pizza if it has cheese or veggies on it. No meat whatsoever.

I also dislike a majority of meats, save for steak and chicken. And I like my hot dogs absolutely drenched in ketchup.
    formerly known as 'the parasite eve'

"Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine.”

If I eat breaded anything, chicken, pork etc. I MUST have white rice. No rice I ain't eatin it!
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    If I eat breaded anything, chicken, pork etc. I MUST have white rice. No rice I ain't eatin it!

Brown and wild rice are better for you.

All the nutrients are in the husk!

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Brown and wild rice are better for you.

All the nutrients are in the husk!
    More than that, actually, white rice is one of the top ten worst things a person can eat. This study, from Harvard, was conducted with 200,000 people. The web is filled with dozens of articles about white rice from proven and highly reputable studies. It's so easy to substitute brown rice.

http://americanidolizing.com/gossip/...y-3011056.html

Yeah but I dont like brown rice as much.

But since I'm on my freaking diet/lifestyle change I havent eaten anything breaded ina lonnnnggggg time.
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

Smile like you mean it.

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I like to eat waffles, BUT I can not eat them with just syrup. I have to put peanut butter on the waffles and then add syrup. Only way I will eat them
    TOP 5 MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Ice Armor He-Man, and Snake Mountain Man

When I eat oatmeal I always make different shapes with it using my spoon.
    One time at band camp I made Castle Grayskull

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I like to add Tabasco Habernero

sauce to alot of the food I eat, pizza rolls, Velveeta Mac and Cheese, even some soups like minestrone. I love hot wings and am always looking for ones that'll make me sweat. The Blazing hot wings at Buffalo Wild Wings used to do that, but now I have to go to Quaker Steak and Lube to have their Atomic Wings, which have a Scoville Heat level of 150,000.

As for some of the other people saying they have to have everything separate from each other, I never concerned myself with that, since I figure it's all going to the same place, who cares if they touch each other. I prefer ketchup for my fries, but will occasionally use BBQ sauce or even the Zesty sauce at Burger King just for something differerent.

I refuse to eat zucchini unless it's been made into zucchini bread. Won't touch cucumbers unless they're in pickle form. Heck, for the longest time I wouldn't even eat tomatoes unless it was in ketchup or sauce for spaghetti LOL
    Last edited by GeologyMule; August 2, 2010 at 11:20am. Reason: put image on its own line
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    Yeah but I dont like brown rice as much.

There's really not that much difference in terms of taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    As for some of the other people saying they have to have everything separate from each other, I never concerned myself with that, since I figure it's all going to the same place, who cares if they touch each other.

Good point.
    Last edited by Mirage; August 1, 2010 at 10:24pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well, first and foremost: if there is bread, I will eat it. First, usually. And I'll need more to go with the meal. Lots of bread, LOTS. I would live off of bread if my body would let me.

As for the rest: I'm with the folks who don't like food touching, though it's not a strict rule. I try, and if it's too hard, I give up and eat. I'm also terrible with messy food. I dunno how I became so prissy, but I don't like using my hands if I can avoid it. I mean, I don't care about sandwiches 'n stuff because they aren't messy. If it's sloppy joes, though, I only put enough on the bun to make sure none is going to fall off. No overflow, ya know?

I'm also strictly a PLAIN guy, which just weirds everyone out. I don't like a bunch of junk ruining the bread of my sandwich, which is the most important part. So, though this will likely send most of you back making the sign of the cross at me: I like bread and meat. No lettuce, no sauce, no tomato. Nothin'. It all mixes into this horrid vegetable taste. I'll do cheese on hamburgers, but nothing else. I'm also a plain cheese pizza kinda guy. Plain plain plain. That doesn't mean, of course, that I do everything plain, but I'm not lying when I say that the best meal I can think of is chicken and rice or turkey and mashed potatoes. And I mean that literally; just those things. I can eat vegetables like broccoli 'n stuff...I just prefer not to.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.