Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Figure You Purchased From the Vintage Lines in the 80's

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar

Last Figure You Purchased From the Vintage Lines in the 80's

What was the last figure you purchased from either or both of the vintage lines back in the 80's? (Not - what is the last figure you purchased from them last week)

MOTU: Extendar & Rokkon

I can't really answer for POP because I only purchased She-Ra back in the 80's, but wanted to open the thread up to POP lovers too!
    Last edited by Midwinter; September 5, 2014 at 12:01am.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Got it.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

I think it was Gwildor if we count just 80's (without early 90's).

Heroic Warrior
    Mine was MOC Sorceress. Sorry, but I have nothing POP.

I'm not exactly sure, but I know I had the dinosaurs and they were the last things out in stores... so those guys, I guess? As for figures themselves... I had 'em all, so probably the movie figures or the figures from the Scareglow wave... no memory of which came "last".

As far as PoP goes, probably Mermista or Flutterina. The Wave Three figures never made it to my neck of the woods and I never knew about their existence until finding the .org
    I had everybody from Wave Two except Perfuma, and I think that was because she never appeared in stores around me either. I recall the Crystal Horses being clearanced out right at the time of their release because I got both and my mom was relieved at how cheap they were... LOL. After that, the stores around me stopped stocking new PoP.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by Mantisaur82 View Post
    I think it was Gwildor if we count just 80's (without early 90's).
    If you were still purchasing in to the early 90's - that is fair game!

Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    If you were still purchasing in to the early 90's - that is fair game!
    Oh, well...then it would be Mantisaur

Here in ex Yugoslavia we got MOTU very late (in 1988) so we had toys in the stores (but rarely) even in early 90's.

snout spout

80's = Ninjor

queen of ellipsis... LadyAngora's Avatar
    Mine was Shower Power Catra, Sea Harp, and I think Enchanta. Our Toys R Us was liquidating their She-Ra stuff, and while my sister and I were both devastated to know they weren't continuing, we were happy to get some of the more expensive things while they were on sale.
    - LadyAngora

She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------
    So, would you ever want to be a model?
    No way. I mean, I want to lose weight, but not all of it. -- Jessi

Oh wow good question…

I remember seeing Netossa and Spinnerella at the store but i didn´t wanted them and so we didn´t get them.

I remember getting mostly everything from the second wave of POP for christmas and it must have been around 1985/86 i´m actually not sure.

But every year we spend christmas at home and than we traveled to Salzburg to my grandparents and there we had a little celebration again and normally we would get an extra present there and i remember the figure i got there was Perfuma. So i think she was the last POP figure i really got.

For MOTU i think the last figure i got was Clamp Champ i remember getting him but it was for no special occasion i saw him and my parents bought him for me.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I think the last figures I received were Faker and Sy-Klone. It was some Christmas ago, and I believe they were gifts from my Uncle Bill. Those two were pretty well taken care of, so I assume I was a bit older when I got them. Faker's sword even still has the thin little hand guard intact!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I don't remember as some things were on clearance back then and my sister and I were still collecting whatever we could gobble up.

I found a really interesting picture that defied my memories the other year when going through old albums. I thought it was 1988, but it wasn't. Apparently I got the Eternia playset for Christmas 1989 (as there is a Batman '89 poster in my room and Batmobile as my parents were putting it together)! So I'll have to go with that. I would have had all the figures likely by then.

If it has to be a figure, it would have been one of the '87 figures, but I'm pretty sure I got all of those by 1988. In 1996, I did get Blast-Attak from a Figures Inc. catalog (never heard of him before that), so if that's in the rules, he'd be my last figure. It was before eBay/adult collecting and the Commemorative Line for me.

I love reading everyone's responses! Thanks for posting!

Motu was so long ago I can't really remember straight, but if I had to bet, I'd say it was either blast attak, clamp champ or horde trooper.

Blast attak remained "alive" several years after the 80's

I feel like the meteor twins or Rio Blast were the last. At least, i recall being disappointed that they didn't seem like my other Motu figures.

Got Rokkon, Stonedar and Modulok for a birthday.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Sorceress and Randor. I'd moved on from MOTU by the end, but had wanted those two since the beginning, so I was still excited when they finally got released.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
    I feel like the meteor twins or Rio Blast were the last. At least, i recall being disappointed that they didn't seem like my other Motu figures.
    This could be because late in the line they brought in Barbie designers to create MOTU figures. Not sure if any of these new figures were actually their work though.

Heroic Warrior
    Gwildor, Sorceress and King Randor. Either got them all in one shot, or within a couple of week's of each other.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    This could be because late in the line they brought in Barbie designers to create MOTU figures. Not sure if any of these new figures were actually their work though.
    That is interesting, I never knew that! Definitely had a different feel at the end.

I got Dragstor and my brother got Extendar on a trip to the supermarket. We had moved to a small island in the Northwest that didn't have any dept stores or fast food or anything of the sort. Finding these in the supermarket was like a miracle, for two boys that had formerly lived in Los Angeles!

By the time we moved back to Los Angeles, we had moved on to other things....but that's ok. I came back around!

(This explains my fondness for Dragstor, and his presence in my signature!)
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

DRAGSTOR IS COMING SOON!

Blast Attack was the last figure bought for me as a child. I wasn't aware of many of the othe figures released at the same time. I knew Sorceress was out but never got her, though I wanted her. I didn't have any POP figures as a kid.
    2015 MOTUC Line is ON! (Now make Tuskador PLEASE)

Definitely Shower Power Catra was the last item I got in POP. The only MOTU figures I ever had were Teela and original He-Man.

MOTU: Blade

POP: Spinnerella and Netossa
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List: FILMATION MER-MAN, Vultak, Peekablue, Laser-Light Skeletor, Hunga.