Thread: Does Skeletor sleep?

Heroic Warrior

Does Skeletor sleep?

Okay, so I did a search for this and didn't come up with anything. I've been wondering something all morning, though: Can a character who has no eyes, and no eyelids, sleep? Or does Skeletor go into some sort of meditative trance when he needs to rest? Does he need to rest? I know. I get curious about the weirdest things *LOL*.

Probably doesn't need to "sleep" any more persé. He's probably more magic based than anything right now, and the magic sustains him.If he needs to recoup energy, it's likely as you say through some sort of ritual or meditation. Although Keldor likely needed sleep.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks goluphi. I think I'm gonna lean toward the meditation idea. It does seem to make the most sense.

If you go by the theory that Skelertor, is somehow undead. like some of us liked to inmagine as kids. then no Skelertor dose not need to sleep.

Heroic Warrior
    I personally like to think of him as being alive, just altered by what Hordak did to him. I'm more of a Filmation fan in general than an MYP fan, but I did like how that series handled Keldor/Skeletor.

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Being a bit older than some of you, and into D&D, I always thought of Skeletor as some kind of lich. Never really imagined him needing food, sleep or any physical need, but as the embodiment of destruction always tormented with a ravenous hunger for these things. Always seemed like a better motivation to me than getting revenge on Randor for being the king. Made him a bit more scary. 'Course if you don't like that, well, he is a fictional character and open to all sorts of different interpretations.

The early mini-comics, for instance, posited that Skeletor was a member of a race of similar beings who accidentally got deposited on Eternia by a dimensional rift. How, or if, these beings might sleep was never really discussed.
    Last edited by Dave-Man; November 25, 2013 at 01:51pm.

One of the early UK comics- I don't remember the issue, but it was the story "Double Split" showed Skeletor resting in a deep meditative trance state in his private chamber, and getting annoyed when one of his minions interrupted him. He was sat cross-legged hovering above ground, a bit like Zodak in the MYP series. I'd imagine that's Skeletor's equivalent of sleeping.
    Aidan Cross- Official Website
    The Bacillus- my band's official website
    Excavating the 80s- my blog on unsung bands of the 80s

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for the info, y'all. I haven't read the UK comics and it's been forever since I read any of the mini-comics.

Heroic Warrior
    if he does sleep ... the next question is with who ? can he man fall asleep as he man or does he have to be prince adam ? maybe thats why prince adam is always napping ?
    Last edited by ninjor 9; November 25, 2013 at 03:57pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosquitor View Post
    One of the early UK comics- I don't remember the issue, but it was the story "Double Split" showed Skeletor resting in a deep meditative trance state in his private chamber, and getting annoyed when one of his minions interrupted him. He was sat cross-legged hovering above ground, a bit like Zodak in the MYP series. I'd imagine that's Skeletor's equivalent of sleeping.
    This put me in mind of Darth Vader in his meditation chamber. I like the 'lich king' idea too. Evil doesn't sleep, it waits... >insert other Chuck Norris-isms here<
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out my band, CRUSADER http://crusaderwarmachine.bandcamp.c...rd-into-battle

Crystal Moonbeam & Shezar The All American's Avatar
    Evil never sleeps.

OK, so, if we put aside the "Magical Restoration Meditation", I would imagine that he could sleep. You don't need eyes to sleep. Blind people sleep. Which raises another interesting question. How does Skeletor see? I fall back on the old "Mystic Awareness" and "Second Sight" sort of things to explain it.

I think he does see like we do since he turns into whichever direction he's looking. I think through magic he retained the vision or ability to see. I think magic sustains him all throughout. He doesnt require eating or breathing since his head is just an empty dry skull, so its his magic that sustains his life. Therefore, I dont think he needs to sleep. Meditate, yes, sleep, no

Talking bout the '82 and '02 Skeletor of course, as the NA Skeletor clearly has flesh
    Last edited by Brakk; December 22, 2013 at 11:56pm.

Well, in German comics, Skeletor got drugged so I guess he can sleep:
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythew View Post
    OK, so, if we put aside the "Magical Restoration Meditation", I would imagine that he could sleep. You don't need eyes to sleep. Blind people sleep. Which raises another interesting question. How does Skeletor see? I fall back on the old "Mystic Awareness" and "Second Sight" sort of things to explain it.
    Yeah, but people - including the blind - still have eyelids to close. I can see poor old Skeletor just staring up at the ceiling in his chambers all night trying to sleep without eyelids. As for his ability to see, as Brakk mentioned below he does turn in whichever direction he's looking. I think I agree with him about the magic (in the form of his merging with Demo-Man) sustaining him and giving him sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakk View Post
    I think he does see like we do since he turns into whichever direction he's looking. I think through magic he retained the vision or ability to see. I think magic sustains him all throughout. He doesnt require eating or breathing since his head is just an empty dry skull, so its his magic that sustains his life. Therefore, I dont think he needs to sleep. Meditate, yes, sleep, no

Talking bout the '82 and '02 Skeletor of course, as the NA Skeletor clearly has flesh
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    Well, in German comics, Skeletor got drugged so I guess he can sleep:
    http://he-man.org/assets/images/coll...nt_12_full.jpg
    Thanks for posting that, Grimbot! I have to get my hands on some of these comics. I've been missing out all these years.

In the comic hes drugged which means hes passed out, unconscious, that doesnt prove that he sleeps like regular people when not knocked out

He does not sleep. He spends very waking moment contriving plans to take Grayskull! Once that has been achieve, he will grab up Evil Lyn and go get some much needed sleep.
    "Problems Weaver?"