Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your support for a re-tooled Goddess!

ReTooled Goddess?

With so many problems with the Goddess I think she needs retooled, not just reissued especially since Toyguru stated that the caucasian goddess is NOT the sorceress or Teela in a different outfit. They could use the existing Teela/Evil-Lyn mold OR use the mold of the retooled Evil-Lyn. New tooling should include:

New head (so it's not a teela repaint.)
    new armor (the armor and headpiece should be seperate like in the minicomics.)
    NON-translucent plastic!
    Non-green version?
    Here is what I mean by the armor and headpice being seperate:
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I would be happy with just the Green Goddess reissued in non-translucent plastic. The version we have now is so fragil.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    New tooling should include:

New head (so it's not a teela repaint.)
    new armor (the armor and headpiece should be seperate like in the minicomics.)
    NON-translucent plastic!
    Non-green version?
    Change her name back to K'yrulla and release a real Sharella figure!
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Sign me up for a separate helmet/torso armor!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UTK007 View Post
    I would be happy with just the Green Goddess reissued in non-translucent plastic. The version we have now is so fragil.
    I agree. I would have brought a non-translucent Goddess, if I had a choice.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Here is what I mean by the armor and headpice being seperate:
    I dont like it. She looks like she is wearing a turtle in the head...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I'd be fine with a fixed version of the original...

Besides acknowledging there was a defect in the manufacturing process, has Toyguru addressed the problems anywhere else or provided a solution or clarification on a reissue/exchange?

The translucent limbs weren't the problem though just to be clear something went wrong with the torso particularly the crotch
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

You are aware that the female in the picture you posted is Teela, not the goddess, right? It says it throughout the whole book.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

I like the translucent plastic. But I definitely agree about the armor...I wish it had been a minicomic accurate 2-piece thing. You can't turn the head without turning all the armor.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I agree. I would have brought a non-translucent Goddess, if I had a choice.
    Thirded.

I was pretty disappointed that the final version wasn't like the prototype.

And it seems they paid for that deviation pretty badly.

I didn't mind the idea of the translucent Goddess, but after less then 30 seconds after opening her neck broke, all the complaints about hip breakages, and whatnot, yeah, not really pleased with it.

I wouldn't mind a redo in solid green. Maybe with a $5 off coupon sent to all those who got her the first time around.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

I'd buy a non translucent Goddess...

A bit off topic is that a page from The Caverns of Fear from the Golden Books?
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Down with the overused, limited, unarticulated female Buck 1.0!

It's about time Mattel gives us an updated sculpt. It will give them the chance to sell us the same characters again - I'd rebuy all females - and the sorceress / teela could actually seat / twist at the waist like any 1980's figure could do!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Goddess needs to be redistributed if for no other reason than sturdier plastic, fixed neck peg, and softer plastic for the clothes so that she can twist and sit better like Evil Lyn.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

so do any of the other figures suffer from brittleness like the Goddess?

Heroic Warrior
    The Goddess was scandalously fragile. She was just a defective figure. I can say so because so many fans who bought her had unacceptable problems with her. She's as fragile as glass, if not more so !

I'd like to see the Goddess action figure reissued, but NOT in that terrible, brittle, breakable translucent plastic ! And I'd like her to be a QUALITY item, this time !

We know there have been numerous problems with female MOTUC figures. We didn't get any news from new female figures at SDCC. I pray that Mattel and the 4 Horsemen will take that time to redesign a better, cooler female body.

I love my Goddess figure - she's one of my favorite MOTUC. Sadly, I now live in fear she will break if I look at her.

Definitely want Mattel to re-issue Goddess. Am not sure if I'd like to see her lose the translucent plastic, but definitely Mattel have to fix the problem with the crotch and neck peg strength which I seem to recall even they have admitted as a production problem, not translucent plastic per se.

I'm happy with the single piece snake armor, but I bet the 4H would make t 2 piece look pretty sweet also.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

didn't this get addressed by scott? i thought they fixed the 'production problem' (rather than a materials problem)?

Ok, there are several problems with this figure.

They need to retool the female buck first. I hope they are, and that is why we saw no females. That said, Mattel has never REALLY addressed the problems with the female figures. They barely acknowledged the breaking Goddess figures with Scott's "answer."

But focusing on The Goddess:

- I like the translucent plastic too. I don't really think it was the translucent factor that made the figures break. The torso, pelvis, and limbs on other translucent plastic figures does not have this problem... but the plastic on those (I have a few translucent figures from other lines from over the years), is better quality.

I don't care what TG says about this... the plastic used for the torso, and especially the pelvis piece, was NOT high quality. He says what he needs to say. I can tell you right now that the truth was stretched or AVOIDED completely in two answers he gave at the Q&A at the con... so don't think Mattel's policy is honesty first. He has to say what he is told to say or what he thinks is the best answer at that time. In this case, they cannot admit they made a faulty product because then people would be clamoring for a free replacement. I don't say this in a nasty accusatory manner.. rather, an emotionless manner because it's all business in the end.

-The armor needs to be made of the same plastic of which Evil-Lyn's armor was made. There is no way around this. It has to happen.

-The spear needs to be CAST in gold plastic. The paint on one of the spears I have scraped off where the figure had been holding it. $20 figures shouldn't have accessories with this kind of sub-par quality. Peeling paint in 20 years? Maybe... though my POP collection is 25 years old and hardly any of the paint has peeled away from those figures or their accessories.

-THE NECK PEG HAS TO BE REPLACED. We've been over this a hundred times. The male figures have two different sized neck-pegs (one is normal, and one has a divet in it, and came with BA He-Man and Marzo). I barely touch my Teela figure because it's so ugly with her regular head just sitting SLIGHTLY above the neck socket. She can't even look straight ahead really because the back of the head hits the neck socket and pushes her face down. The Goddess head is bad - and it's obvious from the indentations on the reverse side of the Snake Armor, that the armor doesn't fall into place on her bust the way it should. This is all because of the neck peg.

FIX IT!!

I would re-buy Teela and The Goddess (times two for the new POG sticker on her card, assuming she gets it). Evil-Lyn is fine, as is Adora.

I'd re-buy She-Ra as well.. though we will HAVE to because she can't ride Swift Wind otherwise.
    Last edited by bcrduke; July 27, 2010 at 08:26pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    I dont like it. She looks like she is wearing a turtle in the head...
    That is just one artist's depiction, these look better:

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    You are aware that the female in the picture you posted is Teela, not the goddess, right? It says it throughout the whole book.
    I'm aware yes, I wasn't having any luck at the time finding a pic where the armor and headpiece are seperate

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I like the translucent plastic. But I definitely agree about the armor...I wish it had been a minicomic accurate 2-piece thing. You can't turn the head without turning all the armor.
    Which is exactly why I wished they would have went with a separate helmet/torso armor!
    Last edited by danielsan52; July 27, 2010 at 09:48pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Warrior
    The Goddess was scandalously fragile. She was just a defective figure. I can say so because so many fans who bought her had unacceptable problems with her. She's as fragile as glass !

I'd like to see the Goddess action figure reissued, but NOT in that terrible, brittle, breakable translucent plastic ! And I'd like her to be a QUALITY item, this time ! As it is, I don't even dare getting mine out of my cabinet, because I know that specific figure shatters very easily.

We know there have been numerous problems with female MOTUC figures. We didn't get any news from new female figures at SDCC. I pray that Mattel and the 4 Horsemen will take that time to redesign a better, cooler female body. And a better quality Goddess.

Heroic Warrior
    It´s a shame, that this awesome character is just a repaint made of fragile material

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    Change her name back to K'yrulla and release a real Sharella figure!
    I second that. The Goddess never was, or ever will be Sharella to me. Two completely different characters.