Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your support for a re-tooled Goddess!

Heroic Warrior
    Yes for non-translucent plastic, but my biggest problem with the Goddess / Teela figures is how wonky they are. It's obvious from the front, but jumps up and screams from the back. I don't think they bothered even attempting symmetry with the mold.

However, I actually like the figures... I bought an extra Teela so I could have both Teela the warrior woman and Teela the minicomic sorceress.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Show your support for a re-tooled Goddess!

Toyguru stated that The green and caucasian Goddess are the same character and that the Grayskull Sorceress is a seperate character from The Goddess. I think The Goddess is far too important of a character to simply be a repaint of Teela, especially with all the problems the current Goddess figure has with breakage. A retooled Goddess should be made with features to differetiate from the Teela figure in the same manner that a retooled Evil-Lyn from the current EvilLyn.

-non translucent plastic
    -green and caucasian versions
    -helm seperated from armor like in the minicomics for better articulation
    -Staff of Ka and Staff of Elders
    -Armor and weapons same color
    -classic Spell casting hand (reuse for Evil-Lyn)
    -new face(non-Teela)
    -no He-Man items

Please show your support and ideas, thanks!
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Warrior
    A new Goddess is a MUST !

The Goddess figures were so defective that no one here can pose them and play with them without fearing their Goddess will shatter like glass !

In a perfect world, Mattel should even replace the original, defective Goddess figures.

Personally, I'd like a re-issued Goddess to have these traits :

- No more transparent and brittle plastic, PLEASE !
    - Green skin
    - Nice, tight articulations
    - No more bobblehead nonsense
    - Soft plastic for the "dress" (the same plastic used for Evil Lyn's garment)

Goddess is a great character! I would like to show my support for her retooled figure here.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    A new Goddess is a MUST !

The Goddess figures were so defective that no one here can pose them and play with them without fearing their Goddess will shatter like glass !

In a perfect world, Mattel should even replace the original, defective Goddess figures.

Personally, I'd like a re-issued Goddess to have these traits :

- No more transparent and brittle plastic, PLEASE !
    - Green skin
    - Nice, tight articulations
    - No more bobblehead nonsense
    - Soft plastic for the "dress" (the same plastic used for Evil Lyn's garment)
    I agree with Spectror. But still I have to say that I actually liked the translucent plastic - of course the problem is that the legs are fragile. I can't decide what is better. But whatever fix they do I will buy it.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    We have to wait until the next female figure is released. If is true that Catra is delayed because she have a new buck, maybe all the females are going to be redone...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    I support this idea. If they rerelease her I definitely want the brittle plastic issue fixed, but I also LIKE THE TRANSLUCENT PLASTIC and would hate to see that go. Maybe just give her a slight paint redeco with less blue, and a new accessory or two. Then throw in the Staff of Ka (in copper) and I'd be happy. No need for He-Man's harness and weapons, though. We have plenty of those already.

I don't see why a translucent reissue could be made slightly differently, at least with the same type of plastic used for the color-change Orko figure. He's almost flexible, yet the Goddess is so brittle.
    He-Ro and Scareglow's capes look like the most powerful Fruit Roll-Ups in the universe!

When Earworms Attack!

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I support this to the extent that it would be nice to have some option to get this character in a non-brittle form. It would be nice if some sort of olive-branch were to be extended to anyone who bough the previous figure to get the new one for free or at a discount.

Having said that, while *I* support the idea of some sort of Goddess reissue (which I am fine with new tooling being involved, though it's not mandatory for me), the problem is that the original figure basically just sat there on Matty Collector for almost 2 weeks. So, it's going to be hard enough to convince Mattel to reissue her at all, let alone with new tooling (I'm not trying to start a *debate* or break the rules of the protected thread by stating this, but this sort of thing should still be looked upon from a realistic stand point in order for it to have even a remote chance of coming to fruition). So, if the hope is for this to be a suggestion that Mattel takes seriously, it would be best to keep suggestions of new tooling either to a minimum or to items that can be easily reused on other figures later on.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

My Goddess' pelvis had crumbled like and 80 year olds' already!!

I love the figure but dont see why I should have to buy another figure as a result of a mistake/defect by Mattel.

Court Magician
    My show of support is now provided.

Quote Originally Posted by ADPriceless View Post
    I love the figure but dont see why I should have to buy another figure as a result of a mistake/defect by Mattel.
    Agreed. I've bought quite a few baby items that were defective and Mattel has had no problem replacing them. Not sure why this policy that Mattel has always had, doesn't apply to this toy line.
    Good people to trade with!:
    Son of Keldor, He-Ryno, Zovex (x3), KingKahn, miscus555, Kaijukilla, Gigatron, big_truk_convoy, Andrea the Cat, Bigassbuzz (x2), Dawg88, zodak74 (x2), pistolpete1969, sandrockgundam04, Rexplode, TekkamanSol, Lay Ze-Man, djblizzard, brock_snyder, Spikewolfe, rocky_raccoon, Zordak, npbaity, JeMaBo2,

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    Not a bad idea

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Of course Goddess needs to be re-tooled. Haha.. the original goddess works about as great as the teleportation machine my uncle worked on using a microwave and a viewmaster.

I would buy a new Goddess if she was released without the big leaf on her dress so she looked the way she did in the mini-comic.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior
    You got my vote
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

• No bobble head!
    • Non-brittle/breakable joints!
    • Softer plastic dress!
    • And maybe give her all-white eyes.

Yes, I'd like a new Goddess, particularly with the spell-casting hand. The holding-only hands are one of my big dislikes of Classics.

Well, I passed on Goddess since I don't want to buy shoddy merchandise. So yes, a figure you can pose without breaking would be cool.

Being the owner of a broken Goddess figure, I would definately like a new one that I could look at without fear of crumbling to dust.

However, I don't think she needs a complete overhaul from Teela. I don't mind that she shares parts with Teela, nor do I require new hands. If the rumors are true and we're getting a new female buck, then we should get a new Goddess on that buck, no doubt.

Not translucent. The part I think that should be new is the dress, she should have a leaf-less dress. A 2 piece snake armor, with the snake helmet, then the rest like Beast Mans armor would be also quite welcome.

I don't expect them to just give away the figure, but there should be a substantial discount to those of us who purchased the first one, or perhaps a rebate if we send in a picture of our defective first edition Goddess.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Doesn't have to be retooled for me just made of something other than crumbly cookies cleverly disguised as plastic.

I would buy another as long as they fix the bobble head and brittle plastic! I'm afraid to move mine after hearing all the horror stories!! I like her how she is, translucent plastic and all! But they do need to fix the brittle plastic issue.
    Mattel... Please bring back 200x styled stactions!!

my goddess hasn't crumbled to ash yet but it probably will someday. i wouldn't mind a new and improved version.

Heroic Warrior
    I would buy a new goddess, if she is a new sculpt and not a repaint. This character is too important imo...

And of course, she should not break...

I'd be happy with her if she was just reissued in non-translucent plastic (that didn;t crumble). She wasn;t translucent in the mini-comic.

You have my support!
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

My biggest wish/concern is for the head/helm to be seperate from the armor. The armor shouldn't move with the head.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52