Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Show your support for a re-tooled Goddess!

I love the Goddess!

Teela is the clone of Goddess not Sorceress ... I don't care what stoopid bio-story claims!

I love everything about my existing Goddess figure!

Mattel should bring her back absolutely!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    I think somebody should ask if the Goddess will be reissued in the WTFWTK thread.

I already used my question for this month...

Not needed. I made a custom out of Lime Jell-O. I have a MOTUC shelf in my fridge where He-man and the gang have joined her.

Translucent Orko vs. Translucent Goddess

So, I got around to inspecting the translucent SDCC Orko--and it appears (at least so far) that this guy is less brittle than the Goddess. Anyone else agree? If this is the case, there really is no excuse for Matty to not re-release the Goddess as is.
    Read my book: True Confessions of a Fanboy www.truefanboy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kane429 View Post
    So, I got around to inspecting the translucent SDCC Orko--and it appears (at least so far) that this guy is less brittle than the Goddess. Anyone else agree? If this is the case, there really is no excuse for Matty to not re-release the Goddess as is.
    The Goddess was a failure. Nobody bought her. Took her ages to sell out. Matty is not going down that route.
    Visit me and be my friend...I like friends...LOL

http://www.facebook.com/MisterDeeJay2KX

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanwalker View Post
    Nobody bought her.
    Not true. A bunch of people bought here. I bought her second hand and left her MOC and then sold her.
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

The Goddess was a failure. Nobody bought her. Took her ages to sell out. Matty is not going down that route.
    That remains to be seen as far as whether or not this thread is being taken into account--lots of unhappy folks here:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181834
    Read my book: True Confessions of a Fanboy www.truefanboy.com

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    I bought her, left her in her package to remain there forever. As will Orko. So yea, a few people did buy her.
    Last edited by warrenpeace2012; August 9, 2010 at 01:21pm.
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kane429 View Post
    That remains to be seen as far as whether or not this thread is being taken into account--lots of unhappy folks here:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181834
    I left mine in the package. She was the only figure I bought one of. I wish they'd include her spear in a weapon pack.
    Last edited by Oceanwalker; August 9, 2010 at 01:19pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No one seems to consider the reasons why she didn't sell as quickly

-She was a strict Teela repaint. Teela had been releases two months prior, and came with the Snake Armor head. Many people bought two (or more) Teela's with the intention of displaying a second as The Goddess. They didn't need the green version. This was bad planning on Mattel's part (shocker).

-She was sold in December with King Randor. She was not only competing with a regular monthly figure, but also with people being on vacation for the holidays, people spending money on other holiday items for other people, etc.

-She wasn't promoted at ALL. She didn't have an ad in Toyfare.

-She was sold when far less people were collecting the line. The difference between the amount of people collecting MOTUC in Dec 2009 and the amount doing so even just a few months later is probably huge.

I'd also suggest that her "languishing" on the site for 13 days had something to do with people assuming she was sold out if they happened to remember they'd forgotten to order a day or two later. Would you have bothered to visit Mattycollector after the first day of sale, if you'd forgotten to order any of the bonus items? I probably wouldn't think it worth the time

It's a safer bet to sell her in a DC pack... with RED armor and RED shield. That way, people can buy her to replace the figure that broke, use the broken figure's armor and shield, and use the red armor on Teela. OR people can buy it JUST for the armor (hey, a LOT of collectors bought the Skeletor 2-pack just for the yellow energy blade). OR they can buy it because they never had the chance to buy the Goddess in the first place, as they came to the brand later.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

She still sold out, in 13 days no less, which is an impressive feat for such an obscure character.

I remember how happy Mattel was when He-Man sold out in 6 weeks. How times change - they've recently said that the DC Universe boxsets won't be sold on Matty anymore, despite Wave 13 selling out in 1 day.

Yes, now if an item lasts more than a few hours it's considered a failure in Mattel's eyes.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; August 9, 2010 at 01:43pm.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

-She was a strict Teela repaint. Teela had been releases two months prior, and came with the Snake Armor head. Many people bought two (or more) Teela's with the intention of displaying a second as The Goddess. They didn't need the green version. This was bad planning on Mattel's part (shocker).

-She was sold in December with King Randor. She was not only competing with a regular monthly figure, but also with people being on vacation for the holidays, people spending money on other holiday items for other people, etc.

-She was sold when far less people were collecting the line. The difference between the amount of people collecting MOTUC in Dec 2009 and the amount doing so even just a few months later is probably huge.

I'd also suggest that her "languishing" on the site for 13 days had something to do with people assuming she was sold out if they happened to remember they'd forgotten to order a day or two later. Would you have bothered to visit Mattycollector after the first day of sale, if you'd forgotten to order any of the bonus items? I probably wouldn't think it worth the time

In the end, it's a safer bet to sell her in a DC pack... with RED armor and RED shield. That way, people can buy her to replace the figure that broke, use the broken figure's armor and shield, and use the red armor on Teela. OR people can buy it JUST for the armor (hey, a LOT of collectors bought the Skeletor 2-pack just for the yellow energy blade). OR they can buy it because they never had the chance to buy the Goddess in the first place, as they came to the brand later.
    Everything you said is true. I'd love new colored armor.

I would love to handle an SDCC Orko to find out whether or not he is brittle. Can someone out there...perhaps Pixel Dan...let us know how "brittle" Orko seems to be if he is or not?
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

It's a safer bet to sell her in a DC pack... with RED armor and RED shield. That way, people can buy her to replace the figure that broke, use the broken figure's armor and shield, and use the red armor on Teela. OR people can buy it JUST for the armor (hey, a LOT of collectors bought the Skeletor 2-pack just for the yellow energy blade). OR they can buy it because they never had the chance to buy the Goddess in the first place, as they came to the brand later.
    -Also Reissue Skelly was on sale on Goddess and Randor day... The moment Mr. Bonehead sold out Matty's MOTUC sales began to slow down.

-Didn't we hear news of the hyper breakability of the Goddess 2-5 days after Last December's Matty Day?

I'm in for a Goddess reissue that is not hyperbreakable.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Ryno View Post
    I would love to handle an SDCC Orko to find out whether or not he is brittle. Can someone out there...perhaps Pixel Dan...let us know how "brittle" Orko seems to be if he is or not?
    Smack him with a hammer
    My B/S/T

My feedback

Did you know that Mattel is trying to kill Teh Lien??

IF she gets rereleased she should be exactly like the first issue right down to the brittle shattering plastic. It`s not fair that you guys complain and us MOC collectors have to get a reissue that`s different to keep a complete collection, although I do doubt very much she will get a re release. Paint a Teela green and presto you have the Goddess re release without the translucent plastic

You have my vote on a "re-tooled" goddess with the spcifications listed in the first post. I feel that would be an excellent figure.

Would love to see that happen

We definitely need a new non-breakable Goddess.
    That said, I'm fine with the figure as is, meaning I don't need a brand new sculpt of her or new accessories.
    All I'd like is The Goddess as she is now in solid plastic.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Here, here! I'm down with this.

My Goddess hasn't broken...yet. But I would buy a non-fragile, non-translucent version.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Luckily, my GG's legs haven't busted yet, but her neck crumbled to pieces.
    Horrible, horrible quality plastic.

I was against translucent over the awesome painted 4H version we were shown at SDCC from the beginning.
    But I hate being proven right in THAT way.

So absolutely, I would support a new release of GG, so she's given the proper care, attention, and respect that IMO she is due.
    A bonus head sculpt would be great, and a slightly revised deco to further differentiate from Teela wouldn't hurt either.

I'm actually trying something like that on mine.

I am all for a new Goddess figure. She needs to be redone with better materials as many of of loose collectors are now without ours. What good is a figure if it can't even be displayed?
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

I didn't get her the first time around and after hearing the Horror Stories of the First release I am happy that I didn't buy one. Still, I would love a chance to own one that won't Shatter if you look at her funny.

Count me in for a reissue/retool
    www.TheComixverse.com
    The Comixverse | comic reviews/previews/editorials & discussion.
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    I'm in for a retool. I am not happy about the cheap quality of the original release. I still think she should have her plastic improved and be re released free to those that have broken Goddess figures. That will never happen though so at least a retool would be nice. I already purchased a replacement for mine but I refuse to take her out of the package for fear of breaking her again.
    Last edited by Hordak; August 9, 2010 at 09:48pm.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

i would support this idea - but i would be happy just to see a re-release ...

i passed up on the green goddess when she was released, but now i really want to have the figure ...

any hints of a re-release coming up?? ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION