79 39.50%
  • Unflocked for me!

67 33.50%
  • I'll buy both!

51 25.50%
  • Not buying either.

3 1.50%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: a Tail of Two Panthors, which would you buy?

a Tail of Two Panthors, which would you buy?

SO in a recent Q&A it seems Mattel may release a 2nd panthor, the first (controversially) unflocked and the second flocked. Now if BOTH releases are guaranteed meaning if you skip one you won't miss the other, which would you buy?

Me, I'd go with flocked. but as the release is going to be I'll buy the unflocked and hope they DO release a second flocked. don't know what to do witht he unflocked one though afterwards.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Unflocked. IMO, modern figures were not meant to be flocked and since Battle Cat isn't flocked, Panthor doesn't need it either.

Classics is just a name. Not to be taken literally.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Unflocked. IMO, modern figures were not meant to be flocked and since Battle Cat isn't flocked, Panthor doesn't need it either.

I agree totally. I don't understand why people think everything must be to the letter.

That said, I want an unflocked Panthor as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SAMURAI36 View Post
    I agree totally. I don't understand why people think everything must be to the letter.

That said, I want an unflocked Panthor as well.
    for me it has little to do with 'classics' aspect as it has to do with I loved the flocking on the vintage and 200x panthor, when I was a kid I loved how it felt. I thik the look it achieved was nice too. with moss man I love it but I don't know why mattel flocked his ears, the horsemen flocked him perfectly, I wonder WHAT mattel was thinking, when they second guessed the horsemen's vision. ah well. I still prefer it to being unflocked.

it's like not making scare glow glow IMO. it's part of the character more so than a throwback.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Since the unflocked one will be first to come out, that is what I will get.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I going to wait for the flocked version. The ones who want the unflocked version can buy theirs first. I'm the patient type and can wait for the flocked version.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    ah well. I still prefer it to being unflocked.
    Don't worry, k-man. I'm with you. Not sure if that's a good thing for you but there you have it.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; January 31, 2010 at 12:10pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I'll be waiting for the flocked version. I'm the last person who would think everything needs to be exactly like the classic figures but the flocking was just too cool back in the 80s and then I liked it just as much during the 200x period. I dont think my collection will suffer by having to wait a year or however long to get the flocked version so I might as well wait for the (IMO) superior version. The unflocked panthor will be the first MOTUC release I will skip over.

I'm not going to buy either. Battle Cat is plenty enough.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Panthor is an absolute MUST for me.

however the flocking isnt.if the unflocked one arrives first-thats what Ill get and that will be my MOTUC Panthor.I wont be getting a second just because its flocked.

I'll probably end up buying both, I love the flocked beast too much.

Plus it will be nice to have an extra Panthor for any future variants of Skeletor.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

If they decide to do an unflocked Panthor first and then a flocked Panthor, I'll wait for the second flocked Panthor. But if they only do an unflocked one then I'll skip Panthor altogether.
    "The physics is theoretical, but the fun is real."
    -Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I will NEVER buy a subscription!

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    SO in a recent Q&A it seems Mattel may release a 2nd panthor, the first (controversially) unflocked and the second flocked. Now if BOTH releases are guaranteed meaning if you skip one you won't miss the other, which would you buy?

Me, I'd go with flocked. but as the release is going to be I'll buy the unflocked and hope they DO release a second flocked. don't know what to do witht he unflocked one though afterwards.
    No vote, but an acknowledgement of and an appreciative nod to a very clever title for a poll.

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    No vote, but an acknowledgement of and an appreciative nod to a very clever title for a poll.
    Personally I would have gone with "A Tale of Two Kitties" but that's just me. I agree. Still a good title, though.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Personally I would have gone with "A Tale of Two Kitties" but that's just me. I agree. Still a good title, though.
    Isn't that the title of the Live action Garfield Sequel (Tale/Tail)?

On Panthor: I'd like a non-flocked Panthor, because I don't want to lose the Artic on Panthor. (Not to think of the mangy look that a flocked Panthor would have... Mossman looks mangy. Also I'm not fond of dustbunnies attacking Panthor.)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Don't worry, k-man. I'm with you. Not sure if that's a good thing for you but there you have it.
    an ally is an ally no matter what depths they emerge from.

Thank you sir!
    Thank you as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    That's why I avoided going the kitty route.

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Curses! My secret shame revealed to the world!

Curses! My secret shame revealed to the world!
    Methinks that is the least of your secret shames, my good friend.

Heroic Warrior
    It's hard to judge before we actually SEE what it looks like... but I voted UNflocked.

1) I think he will have better details without the flocking.

2) it will only be partial at best like Moss man... And I don't think that turned out so great.

I loved the original fuzzy panthor, but unlike Mossman who Really NEEDED it to be mossman...

I don't see Flocking for one cat to manditory when we never had it on ANOTHER cat.

Methinks that is the least of your secret shames, my good friend.
    Why?! What have you heard?! My lawyers have advised me that all I can tell you is what I told the evening news: I swear I thought those Girl Scouts were 18.

Unflocked. Too nice of a sculpt.

Can't vote until I see the two figures! I'm leaning toward unflocked, but I want to see them both to be sure I like that option best.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

After seeing Moss Man, I don't want Panthor flocked. To be honest, I don't really want Panthor. While I think Battle Cat looks great, I don't like overly articulated toys. I don't play with them or pose them in dioramas, so I feel it unnecessarily detracts from the figure's look.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    Flocking Flock Flock Flocking Flock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Find the things in life that bring you joy and hold onto them with every ounce of your being.

I voted flocked but I'll take a look at it unflocked before I really confirm my decision. Far to many people are jumping the gun before they even see the figure at all on both sides.

Why?! What have you heard?! My lawyers have advised me that all I can tell you is what I told the evening news: I swear I thought those Girl Scouts were 18.
    "And what I have to tell you is that I'm Chris Hansen. I'm with Dateline, NBC, and we're doing a story about..."