Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Batros Arrival Thread

Batros Arrival Thread

Some quick pics. Great figure. Love the colors in person.

Gah! I LOVE HIM!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    nice...can't wait for him!

Heroic Warrior
    SCB, I mean this in the best, nicest way possible, but I hate your stinkin guts.

He looks amazing and sooooo evil! Another denizen of the Dark Hemisphere to add to the collection. And now we know where Nepthu's eyeliner went!

He looks really good. SCB, your pics always add so much life to these figures,
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Thanks SCB! He looks awesome. I wonder how long it'll take for mine to even ship. LOL.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

SCB, he looks great! Congrats on getting him so soon. I can't wait for him to arrive, even though I was fairly blasé about his reveal initially. He's pretty killer!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I think everyone will be surprised how well his colors look in hand. And his boots and feet are amazing.

Wait...no Batros vs. Man-Bat pics SCB?

You wouldnt be so jeleaous if you knew what SCB had to do to get his figures so quick...

Regardless, Batros is a figure well worth all those tricks...I mean favors...ummmmm...

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Ugh, his wings are so really poorly engineered.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    And how would you have liked them to be engineered? They don't impede the articulation, and are 100% on model. They're the anti-Sorceress wings.

Now this is my Bat guy....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Maybe a tad for a tiny few poses, and they could have been more flexible or had hinges but all in all, at least unlike Sorceress, you can freely move his arms all over without ending up with serving trays.

I do wish they did Sorceress' wings a little like Shadow Weaver's cape. Who needed they wing spread gimmick when it could have been accomplished the same way by rubbery wings and lifting her arms....otherwise the wings would have folded up behind her and still allowed full arm movement and her wings would have been what they actually were....a robe type deal, and not real wings.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

He still looks like the most unwanted figure for me this year. I'm hoping he is better in hand. Overall the look is just not appealing to me. My bat guy arrives next month!

Heroic Warrior
    The weapon would fit Sky High....

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    And how would you have liked them to be engineered? They don't impede the articulation, and are 100% on model. They're the anti-Sorceress wings.
    You forgot the most important point: the way they've been engineered, they aren't really wings, they're more like arm fins. And that's certainly not 100% on model. At the very least, they should have had some rotatable attachment to the arms (à la TRU Stratos), so that they don't end up pointing out like fins whenever he's not in the one promotional spread-arms pose. And even when in that pose, the wings look awkward because they're so obviously detached from the forearms, whereas bat wings are extensions of the skin and not any kind of appendages. Something in the style of Shadow Weaver's pliable cape would have worked so much better. Really, I can't for the life of me understand why they didn't go the Shadow Weaver way with Sorceress's and Batros's wings.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; September 13, 2013 at 01:26am.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I can't wait to finally get Batros!

Thanks for the pics SCB!
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

I <3 Batros.
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    He still looks like the most unwanted figure for me this year. I'm hoping he is better in hand. Overall the look is just not appealing to me. My bat guy arrives next month!
    And for me that bat guy is one of my most unwanted. And his looks are unappealing in my eyes.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Batros is really an exciting figure ! Of all the Filmation figures, he was the one I wanted the most ! 30 years later, we FINALLY have Batros as a figure !

Sure, the wings could have been a bit better, but they certainly could have been a lot worse ! He'll look awesome next to the other evil warriors !

I love the look of this guy. Originally I was "eh" about him but he turned out really good.
    The wings could've been so much better with a simple hinge where it attaches to the arm that would allow it to fold down (not a ball joint) but overall the figure looks great!

Just received today in the UK with an £11:87 customs charge via DHL

PICT0565.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    He still looks like the most unwanted figure for me this year. I'm hoping he is better in hand. Overall the look is just not appealing to me.
    Wait until the rabbit arrives...
    My post count just got bigger.

wow, these pics make me want him bad!! I was MEH about getting him when announced (wasn't excited or upset, didn't care much really) liked the pics when he was premiered, but dammit, I am excited to get him now! Shokoti just arrived and I love her - so far the filmation sub has been worth it to me!! well not worth postage but i am happy with how the characters turned out
    Last edited by krosfyah; September 13, 2013 at 11:22am.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by mkpat View Post
    Wait until the rabbit arrives...
    Hahaha I had almost forgotten about him. I will say that the one advantage Plundor has is that there isn't a better rabbit guy coming after him.