Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Horde Trooper Discussion

Horde Trooper Discussion

I think a lot of people are hoping that the Horde Troopers are the next army builder 2 pack... and with the preview of the new eternian palace guards it makes me wonder what cool accessories and items will be included with the troopers? Any thoughts?
    Probably a sculpt of the vintage red staff?
    Regular and Battle damaged head/ armor? Maybe with wires hanging out?
    I remember seeing a horde trooper carrying a cool looking horde shield in the comic or on the tv show.
    An extra "bonus" He-man head like in Secret of the Sword?

any other ideas on how mattel will top the palace guards with the amount of heads, features, and weapons with the horde troopers?

Court Magician
    I'd want to see swappable parts with damage as opposed to figures that you can actually knock apart in the action feature sense. Other than that, it's all good with me whatever they choose to do.

I think if they gave swappable armor/ heads since they had different incarnations throughout she-ra alone would be cool.

I still love the break-apart action feature so that would be pretty cool. Really, I love the Horde Troopers they way they always were so I don't want too much variation between the two packaged figures. I want them to look like a uniform army.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Were Horde Troopers actual humans underneath?

In my MOTU world, Horde Troopers were soulless robots

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Were Horde Troopers actual humans underneath?
    Sometimes.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
    Sometimes.
    Really? I always considered them empty cans. Where did you get this bit of info?
    Back on topic, i know horde troopers will eventually get made, but i am far from excited. I dislike everything evil horde, but maybe its just me

Did you watch the MYP Grayskull episode? That's the only reason I love anything Horde. They came off as the ultimate boogeymen of MOTU.

Filmation Horde were a joke.

The Horde absolutely ruled in the mini-comics and Golden Books. They were spooky and fearsome.

Skeletor was like a school boy suffering from a wedgie compared to those guys.

Horde Prime made the Horde a joke on FILMation. Worst concept ever. Hordak was and forever will be the one and only Ruthless Leader of the Evil Horde!

I only last weekend obtained the full-series of MYP so I am working my way through them. Cannot wait to see the Snake Men and Evil Horde episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    The Horde absolutely ruled in the mini-comics and Golden Books. They were spooky and fearsome.

Horde Prime made the Horde a joke on FILMation. Worst concept ever. Hordak was and forever will be the one and only Ruthless Leader of the Evil Horde!

I only last weekend obtained the full-series of MYP so I am working my way through them. Cannot wait to see the Snake Men and Evil Horde episodes.
    Sorry to disappoint ya, but there aren't more Horde episodes in MYP than the episode with King Grayskull. The only time he makes it into an episode is when Evil Lyn tries to free him, I won't tell you any more.

Please for the love of Grayskull.

No He-Man pack-in head!

Most collectors will by now have at least one He-Man, and most will have two or more. If you bought an Adam/Orko two-pack you will have another He-Man head available.

Please please please don't let an accessory we already have a million of eat up a slot that could be dedicated to a weapon or an armor piece for the actual figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldor/Skeletor73 View Post
    Really? I always considered them empty cans. Where did you get this bit of info?
    In Filmation, the writers at first treated them as people in armor. Later they became robots that could be destroyed.

In Secret of the Sword, one Trooper even is called by name in the Laughing Swann Inn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    In Filmation, the writers at first treated them as people in armor. Later they became robots that could be destroyed.

In Secret of the Sword, one Trooper even is called by name in the Laughing Swann Inn.
    Mark the Horde Trooper. Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post

No He-Man pack-in head!

Most collectors will by now have at least one He-Man, and most will have two or more. If you bought an Adam/Orko two-pack you will have another He-Man head available.

Please please please don't let an accessory we already have a million of eat up a slot that could be dedicated to a weapon or an armor piece for the actual figure.
    Agreed, having exact same head that has come with rather many releases already is waste of a head with Horde Troopers.

Extra heads should probably be some sort sort of commander (even if not introduced in series), and battle damaged head.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post

No He-Man pack-in head!

Well at this stage we collectors have so many disembodied heads rolling around we might as well be the bloody French Revolution!

So what's one more head to add to the mix?

BTW, I wouldn't mind an extra He-Man head for when Mattel eventually release a 'DEFENDOR' Castle Grayskull suit of armor - which hopefully we will be able to plug a head inside the helmet.

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post

Well, to each his own, i guess. As far as looks go, i think Skeletor is untold times better than hordak. He is kind of death incarnated in a bodybuylder's flesh husk, with the garments of a roman centurion. Hordak, by comparison, looks pretty lame. I always wondered what is he supposed to be. A man-bat with a couliflower cranium? Most likely. Only thing i liked about the old toy was his crossbow.
    In the media, to br honest, when the two clashed it was either a draw (most frequent outcome) or a Skely win (in the filmation she-ra, at least one episode when shadow weaver betrays hordak).
    And i liked the idea of horde prime, this was the only (little) thing that injected a (tiny) bit of simpathy for cabbage cranium batface, kinda like Tex Hex.
    Last but not least, if we consider good old Skelly only has a handful of freaks to help him (ok, in the late minicomics he could count on the snakesmen too) fighting he-man, the masters and the whole army of eternia, while hordak had next to unlimited resources and still was unable to defeat a small rebellion...
    Back on topic, well if hordies can also be human underneat the armour, well a human head would not be that bad an idea.
    On another note, was'nt there a horde character that basically was a living brain, like the tmnt one?
    Last edited by Keldor/Skeletor73; August 4, 2010 at 07:38am.

A big fan of Slush Head

I've always thought there were two types of troopers; humans and robots.
    That would also explain why some of them sneeze.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Heroic Warrior

Boom. This ^

It would be great if we got new sculpts, slightly taller than MOTUC's 7". Maybe an inch or 3/4" more. Horde troops always seemed huge in the show's (except for in "Origin of the Sorceress").

If we can get 2 larger HT's at the $30 price point like the PG's, I can do with a less accessories for them.

Whatever the Four Horsemen come up with, I'm sure it will be great. I just hope that the Horde Troopers are coming next year.

Is it possible they'd release the Horde Trooper as a single carded figure? Or have they said it would be an army-builder? I'm just curious if they've addressed that at all.

I'd love to see them come with not only the red Horde bat scepter that the vintage figures came with, but I wonder if they could also come with the silver stun rods that the troopers had in the cartoon.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior
    I´m thinking of:

2 vintage staffs
    2 red crossbows
    2 laser guns( maybe Webstor`s)
    interchangeable breast plates

I´ve no clue, which different heads could be packed by. Maybe the head with the half-round eye-holes, which we saw in a flashback in "secret of the sword"

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    they need cool unique blaster riffles. dose anyone have an image of any weapons the horde troopers used in the filmation she-ra cartoon?

The early Troopers as shown in flashbacks (SOTS maybe?) were creepy looking. Be cool if we couyld get those head. Speaking of which, I am FOR a He-Man head, throw in a Hordak head too! "YOU MAY HAVE DEFEATED US, BUT YOU'LL NEVER SEE THIS CHILD AGAIN!"
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52