Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Horde Trooper Discussion

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    it would be so cool to add battle damage armor.
    blasters unique for horde troopers & that staff thing.

I really hope they come with some cool blasters and other weapons. Hopefully the Horde Troopers will be the next army builder 2-pack as part of the 2012 subscription.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Berserker79 - that is a picture of the exact figure I hope we get; a perfect update of the original.

Given the success of the guard pack, I'm sure that is how they will do the Troopers, as well. I am hoping, though, that they find a way to represent the old "break the trooper" feature somehow. Even if the chest armor is clipped together like the guards with the robot innards as the chest beneath, it would be close enough to work for me.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    I can magine Roboto's torso in black for the inner part.

After Leech & H.Hordak I have no doubt, that the Horde Trooper will look vintage like hell...

Emiliano's great artwork could be true soon. Who knows?

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    i would love to get them in the old style , with the break away chest

i hope we get these sooner than later .. i need a new army

I hope they come with human/beast heads you can swap with the armour heads so you can either display them as robots or as soldiers in armour.
    I hated the action feature on the 80s toy, kept falling open when I was trying to play with it and ended up having to glue it shut. Never liked them being robots, seems a pisspoor leader who can only command an army of robots.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Well, given the rampant speculation about Filmation rights, that would give several possible variations.

Present-day, in addition to the standard Horde Trooper and their stave-gun & He-Man's shot in the uniform, there was General Sunder. Remove the hip pods, add a holster & gun (Adora reuse?), a cape with replacement insignialess chestplate and a new head. And that's basically it. Little more than the Palace Guard armour pieces and weapons, and a way of getting four heads in there (two standard, Gen. Sunder and Filmation He-Man) without compromising on all the standard Troopers being identical:

There's also the Captain (Sea Trooper) variant from Anchors Aloft, a more radical divergence which shared only the breastplate & gauntlets with the standard design, with helmet, back and entire lower body were all different to some extent. Too much so to do with different pack-in pieces:

And finally, there were the Flashback Troopers. Different in pretty much every detail - mostly simpler, apart from the big shoulder pegs - Hordak also wore this uniform at the time, when he kidnapped Adora:

Last edited by Reboot; May 27, 2011 at 08:37pm.

I want an army of regular Horde Troopers so I'm not keen on too many variants. If they make the Aqua-Troopers I hope they use same body and just change the head and maybe stick a tank on the back.

Horde Troopers need to be collapsable like the vintage toy.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior Horde Trooper 84's Avatar
    they should come with an array of weapons, swords, spears, guns. I dont think they need extra heads, us fans can mix and match ourselves.

I passed on the palace guards, but im looking forward to army building with these guys, its a MUST

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Well, given the rampant speculation about Filmation rights, that would give several possible variations.

Present-day, in addition to the standard Horde Trooper and their stave-gun & He-Man's shot in the uniform, there was General Sunder. Remove the hip pods, add a holster & gun (Adora reuse?), a cape with replacement insignialess chestplate and a new head. And that's basically it. Little more than the Palace Guard armour pieces and weapons, and a way of getting four heads in there (two standard, Gen. Sunder and Filmation He-Man) without compromising on all the standard Troopers being identical:
    Even if they don't get Filmation rights, a non-Horde breast plate and removable heads are a must, then the following characters can be made if we can get/custom the heads from somewhere:-

Disguised He-Man
    Flashback Hordak
    Count Sneer
    General Sundar (he could even use KG's sit on red cape, not 100% accurate but close)
    Colonel Blast (after Rio gets released, we could get his guns in Horde Trooper colour in Weapons Pak)

There's 2 1/2 packs sold before even getting to making a Trooper army!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

I may be in a minority but I would like at least one MYP inspired Horde trooper helmet in the army builder:

A few of those Shadow dudes would also be cool!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I may be in a minority but I would like at least one MYP inspired Horde trooper helmet in the army builder:

A few of those Shadow dudes would also be cool!
    They should include that Horde Standard as well!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior Horde Trooper 84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    They should include that Horde Standard as well!
    Thats a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg88 View Post
    i hope we get these sooner than later .. i need a new army
    HORDAK needs an army... geez! His group is still too small in number for my taste.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Horde Troopers need to be collapsable like the vintage toy.
    Well, that's not going to happen, and you know it

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I may be in a minority but I would like at least one MYP inspired Horde trooper helmet in the army builder
    There's no reasonable degree of "Classiciser Machine" which could turn MYP's "Horde Knights" into Filmation's Horde Troopers. Completely different designs, they are:

Man, you're right! The 200X troopers are quite different. Personally, I'd like to see the two pack of classic Horde Troopers that have been talked about in this thread, and then a single pack of the 200X Horde Trooper repurposed as a Horde Commander or something like that.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I can't wait until they make these. I can just imagine the collection pics of those who wind up getting dozens of them.

Well, that's not going to happen, and you know it

There's no reasonable degree of "Classiciser Machine" which could turn MYP's "Horde Knights" into Filmation's Horde Troopers. Completely different designs, they are:

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...rdeKnights.jpg
    They are indeed different! I was actually looking for full body pics for ages but couldnt find any, good one!

Personally, I am not expecting an exact representation of the 200X troopers (which IMO are a better more progressive design) but I don't see why the looks can't be approximated with a 200x inspired head/helmet and maybe a belt that looks like that armored loin cloth.

It can be done without moving away from the 'classics' style.

I'd prefer the vintage troopers in a two pack, but I really like Alexx's idea of a 200X trooper commander.

He-Man in Horde Trooper disguise might be a neat subscription bonus some year.

Wherever there is an army of Horde Troopers in battle, there must also be piles of bashed up metallic debris.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I wasn't keen on the MYP Horde Trooper either. The 200x Horde Trooper designs by Emiliano's and the 4HM are way better.
    I like to think the MYP ones are in King Grayskull/He-Ro's time and the Emiliano and 4HM ones are how they are in He-Man's time when the Horde is released by Evil Lyn.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    i don't think mattel has yet realized the potential of this figure. It's an all time favorite to many and of course, an army builder!

I'm sure this would outsell months and months of regular figures put together.

Heroic Warrior
    I agree, this is THE army builder!

They could release him 3 times and he would sell out!

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    If this became true, I also want this giant Horde Trooper!

"One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-´