Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Horde Trooper Discussion

I never realised there were different types of Horde Troopers available. That's definitely a good thing! Maybe i'm just stating the obvious, but i feel we'll see Horde Troopers in 2012.

Classic toys has to be the first army builder, but I hope down the line we get singles of the other Horde Trooper varients, making them stand out as leaders would be cool.

They raised the bar so high with the palace guards, I don't know how they are going to keep the Horde Troopers true to the original, yet blow our minds with accessories. Actually how many weapons has a Horde Trooper been seen with. The red staff from the toy, pistols and rifles from filmation, anything else? I don't think swords and axes would look good with a robot army.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Justice View Post
    Classic toys has to be the first army builder, but I hope down the line we get singles of the other Horde Trooper varients, making them stand out as leaders would be cool.

They raised the bar so high with the palace guards, I don't know how they are going to keep the Horde Troopers true to the original, yet blow our minds with accessories. Actually how many weapons has a Horde Trooper been seen with. The red staff from the toy, pistols and rifles from filmation, anything else? I don't think swords and axes would look good with a robot army.

We already got some axes and maces with the the Weapons Rack, which go great with Horde characters. So we need some red mean blasters, crossbows and staffs...

The Horde Trooper is easily in my Top 10 most wanted, be it single carded or army builder. Army builder Troopers and Single carded Officer would work for me too.

I am all for army builders and I hope we see these guys at SDCC 2011.

I wonder what kinds of weapons they'd come with and how their armor would be handled...
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Maybe i'm just stating the obvious, but i feel we'll see Horde Troopers in 2012.
    Well, there's two $40 slots left for Q3 & Q4 after the Griffin was revealed for Q2. Surely ONE of them has to be an army builder, whether or not they're Horde Troopers...

Horde Troopers just seem like they are too perfect to NOT be first quarter sub bait, so I am realistically hoping that they will be on the docket for early 2013.

All I know is that once they do come out, they better be repurposed ASAP for General Sunder.

they could make the trooper by making a He-man Horde trooper variant. Just include a he-man head, a trooper helmet, and an optional add-on of a little blonde tuft to stick out, like in the movie. easy sell out quarterly variant.

Heroic Warrior
    the 60$ item and the 30$ were revealed, there are 2 40$ items, the Horde Trooper can be one of them...

If he is, Mattel better produced way more outside the sub, because fans will get crazy about these baddies...

I was thinking about accessories for these guys. What I think they should do is take the battle staff they came with, then on the bottom of it, make it look like the horde blaster from the filmation cartoon, u get a 2 for on in that because frankly, i never understood the purpose of those battle staff, they were too short for them, and it looked more like a regal thing a Horde inspecotr would carry then anything else. Also include them with some of those Horde Banners from the 200x cartoon, some of those swords the they carried in the 200x cartoon and the old school heads from when Hordak invaded Eternia in "Secret of the Sword"

Last edited by facet; October 16, 2011 at 02:26pm.

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    These guys realllllly need to be produced already, I know many of us would love to get multiple sets for our displays!
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

A few thoughts on what Mattel needs to do to get these guys right.

1. Removable heads to allow for Hordak's and He-Man's heads.

2. An additional Aqua-Trooper Head.

3. A Flashback Head would be cool too.

4. A Filmation He-Man head would make sense here, too. Although I personally don't care for one.

5. IMP would be a cool "Secret Accessory"!

Another year without Horde Troopers

So i guess the new snake men are taking this year's slot on 2 packs ... I just wonder why the delay with horde troopers? I mean, these are THE most requested army builder figures ever in MOTU and they haven't been updated since the 80's. I'm going out on a limb and say these are in fact the true definition or army building in MOTU, and as far as i'm concerned, the only ones i'd see collectors like myself buying in masses.

That being said, the new Snake Men are cool but, come on, bring us something all He-Fans \ She-Ravers truly want!

Heroic Warrior
    Clearly, they are holding them back for 2013 or later in order to make sure there are enough high-fan demand characters every year. Of course, what is to stop Matty from making them the last big item of 2012? We still have one $40 oversized slot left.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

I want Horde stuff. I know people like the Snakemen, but they always seem to be the end of the line when they hit. A lot of snake stuff in a short period now. I know we're getting Shadow Weaver and Horde Prime, but dammit I'd love to see Troopers and Modulok some time in the imminent future.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Clearly, they are holding them back for 2013 or later in order to make sure there are enough high-fan demand characters every year. Of course, what is to stop Matty from making them the last big item of 2012? We still have one $40 oversized slot left.
    This. They will be used to help sell a sub either next year or 2014. They are highly requested fan demanded, you put them with Ram-Man, Tung Lashor, and Jitsu (Or substitute those with Mek-E-Neck, Rattlor, Ninjor, etc.) and more will sign up more than likely.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I really want the Horde Troopers as well. I would love to get them in the line sooner rather than later. That said, I can wait a bit more. It'll make getting them all the more special.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid and Tung Lashor

I say, don't hold them back for too long, i'm with the "i'd rather see core figures sooner than later" group.

I think that Mattel is well aware as to how much the Horde Troopers are in demand and as a result are likely holding them hostage as subscription bait. With how the 2012 sub has underperformed for them, I can see them using the Troopers to drive up sales in 2013.

Besides, if we don't get them this year, I will be happy considering how we already have 2 important characters in the shape of Shadow Weaver and Horde Prime. I certainly don't need a third heavy hitter for the Horde this year, if we get someone else, hopefully it's Dragstor or maybe Multi-Bot in a beast slot.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I am expecting to see them next year. I wonder if they pushed them back in order to do Filmation style heads as varients? Or likely it is a marketing thing to entice sub sales. I know there is still one $40 slot left for this year but I really doubt we are going to get Snake men and Horde Troopers in the same year.

There's still several monthly slots left in 2012. For all we know they could end up being a single carded release, just like they were in the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I think that Mattel is well aware as to how much the Horde Troopers are in demand and as a result are likely holding them hostage as subscription bait.
    hopefully not as a sub exclusive, that would be a disaster for everyone. Likely not to happen i guess

How do you think the Ram Man fans feel?

I want Horde Troopers too but you could start a thread complaining about not getting a certain character for about 100 different characters. Heck, we could start a whole new section to the boards.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    I say, don't hold them back for too long, i'm with the "i'd rather see core figures sooner than later" group.
    I'm in the same group

Horde Trooper should be the next subscription exclusive

Horde Trooper should be the next subscription exclusive. What better way to get people to have multiple subscriptions and to buy from resellers than making the ultimate army builder the subscription exclusive?

I'm saying this tongue in cheek, but could you envision this happening? Also, even if Horde Trooper isn't a subexclusive as a single pack or double pack, will they still limit the quantities like the other 2012 figures going forward are? The palace guards packs bombed (huge black friday sale quantities) and Matty might not realize that the Horde Troopers are infinitely more popular than them (ie. Star Wars stormtroopers vs. Rebel soldiers).

I find the cartoon Horde Troopers bland. Not a fan of them. I prefer the figure version because it has more details, but it's still not one of my favourites. Personally I think the Horde Trooper should be a single figure release and then Mattel could release later the Horde Knights from the MYP cartoon as an army builder and people would be free to choose which one they could buy multiples of.

I think the Horde Knights would be better as an army builder because you could conceivably swap the Horde armour and weapons with the Palace Gaurds or He-man etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.