Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Horde Trooper Discussion

Before February, we weren't getting Frosta either....exact words were she hasn't been sculpted yet....yet, next thing you know she pops up at the next con as a fully sculpted and painted reveal....go figure.

I take everything Scott and his other questioneers dish out very lightly....most of it is misdirection, a lot is all out BS....

Also earlier in the year they said we wouldn't be seeing Clamp Champ anytime soon....guess that was an oversight as well....seeing as how he's fully sculpted and revealed for next year. As far back as a few months ago, so what was the truth there? They sculpted him many months back, around the time, that him and Frosta "weren't coming"
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Well they may not be "in the works" at this point, they may be done
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

There is no rhyme or reason to why certain figures are released or not. There's no pattern, or formula to even discern what the 4H will make, or what they consider important or 'essential'. Horde Troopers may come or they may not, but I doubt they will. I think the line will be canceled before many figures are made. Too many slots were wasted in this line IMO.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    If people keep supporting the line & buying them the line will keep going.
    Maybe in 2014 we will see them.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I think we will see them this year. Looking forward to MOTUC Horde Troopers in 2013!
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Queen Angela, Lodar & Hunga the Harpy

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    There is no rhyme or reason to why certain figures are released or not. There's no pattern, or formula to even discern what the 4H will make, or what they consider important or 'essential'. Horde Troopers may come or they may not, but I doubt they will. I think the line will be canceled before many figures are made. Too many slots were wasted in this line IMO.
    No, I disagree that slots where wasted. many fans are very happy with the lesser know & obscure. I would say the only wasted slot was Mo-Lar, but even he was a fun figure that fans could like. I feel sprinkling a balanced mixture each year was the right way to approach a line like this to a nitch market such as this.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Judging by what Scott replied to a question today, the Horde Trooper may actually be a single release character coming up on the "new" roadmap. He answered that a Filmation Teela would take away a spot from Ninjor or Sweetbee or a Horde Trooper...which I want to see a Horde Trooper very badly in this line...he just may be a single release...like he originally was. There really isn't any way to make a 2 pack special...and I don't think the idea of a clean and 'damaged' Horde Trooper pack would be warmly received.

But since there have been strong rumors about Ninjor being worked on...maybe that means the Horder Trooper has a spot now on the new 2014 ALL STAR line up...would make sense...but he very well may not be the 2 pack this year...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    The 4H follow Scott's 'road map', they don't decide which figures to make next - they get an order for a set amount of characters and a timeline for completion.

personally i don't think there is much rhyme or reason in it except for two exceptions - 1. stretch out the line so it lasts long (that's why we get filler characters and why they insist on sub or die - that was we HAVE to buy the fillers) 2. fulfill Scott's personal canon for MOTU.

Horde Troopers makes sense as a 2pack, unfortunately 2 packs in this line don't save money for the customer (they should, esp for army builders) Battle damaged parts makes sense, but i think most of us will display them clean, make sure we can display both as clean. I wish the palace guards had TWO clean plates though.
    Last edited by krosfyah; June 10, 2013 at 12:46pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    Judging by what Scott replied to a question today, the Horde Trooper may actually be a single release character coming up on the "new" roadmap. He answered that a Filmation Teela would take away a spot from Ninjor or Sweetbee or a Horde Trooper...which I want to see a Horde Trooper very badly in this line...he just may be a single release...like he originally was. There really isn't any way to make a 2 pack special...and I don't think the idea of a clean and 'damaged' Horde Trooper pack would be warmly received.

But since there have been strong rumors about Ninjor being worked on...maybe that means the Horder Trooper has a spot now on the new 2014 ALL STAR line up...would make sense...but he very well may not be the 2 pack this year...
    Putting the Troopers in 2014 after many expected them in 2013 AND not making them an army builder--thus making it harder to army build--seems amazingly dumb to me. Horde Troopers are THE army builder of MOTU. It's the set everyone expected when they first started making army builders. Back when figures lasted a while I thought it might work to sell these as singles, but now that figures sell out quickly or have no DoS at all, it would be terrible. I suspect many would see it as a cheap trick to get people to buy extra subs too.

Also you have to be able to make two identical troopers in the set. If they want to include replaceable battle damaged armor and package the figures with one looking damaged then so be it, but that's no excuse at all for not making a two-pack. However, I think that's one set they could sell with identical figures on display.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Putting the Troopers in 2014 after many expected them in 2013 AND not making them an army builder--thus making it harder to army build--seems amazingly dumb to me. Horde Troopers are THE army builder of MOTU. It's the set everyone expected when they first started making army builders. Back when figures lasted a while I thought it might work to sell these as singles, but now that figures sell out quickly or have no DoS at all, it would be terrible. I suspect many would see it as a cheap trick to get people to buy extra subs too.

Also you have to be able to make two identical troopers in the set. If they want to include replaceable battle damaged armor and package the figures with one looking damaged then so be it, but that's no excuse at all for not making a two-pack. However, I think that's one set they could sell with identical figures on display.
    I agree. The Horde Trooper requires a lot of new sculpting & tooling and a single release without an army builder option would make him harder to collect, which makes no sense, if Mattel want to produce more of him to reduce production costs.

I, personally won't buy another army builder set besides the Trooper.

I'm all for more army builders - especially the skeleton warriors and Horde Troopers. Seems to me that most people want at least a couple Horde Troopers.

I'd love to have 4 Horde troopers, and these guys are going to be hard to get extras of on the primary market.

What accesories do we epect in the pack with them?

If we imagine they will follow the same basic standards as the other army builders in terms of number of weapons etc, what are we thinking? Crossbows and a could of staffs? and as for the heads, two standard, one battle damaged and one 200X influenced?
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

I would like 2x the vintage staff and 2x blaster rifles. I don't really need many accessories for the Horde Troopers which might be the case since they pretty much require all new tooling for the figures themselves.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    the more display options the more i will buy! I'm already consigned to at least 10 (ie 5 2-packs)

not too bothered about weapons for these guys, as mentioned, the red staffs the vintage had and a repainted Webstor blaster, would do.

Swappable heads though is a must!! if they packed in some generic "humanesque" heads it would be cool. i like them as an army of people "volunteers" or fallen enemies wearing armor, but with Hordak also creating identical robots to bolster his ranks.

Then there are the variants: I saw a cool piece of artwork somewhere of the diffrent kinds of Trooper that we've seen across various media.

First a 2 pack of 1 "vintage toy" Horde Trooper and 1 "invasion" Tropper (From the Secret of the Sword) - Basically the same but with diffrent style chest armour and head

Next a 2 pack of 1 "marine" Trooper (from Treasures of the First ones) - repaint with a light blue wash of the toy version, with a new head and 1 "Batmex pilot - repaint in black of the toy version, with a new and red coloured head

Final "bonus" 2 pack of 1 "Elite or General" Trooper - repaint with in red of the toy version, with a cloack added and 1 "Invasion Force" Hordak Trooper (Secret of Sword) - repaint of the boots and crotch in white of the SOTS invasion trooper, with a cloak include the standard Hordak head, with a He-Man head and a General Sundar head as extras

I'll try to find and add the pic i'm reffering to later
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    I would like 2x the vintage staff and 2x blaster rifles. I don't really need many accessories for the Horde Troopers which might be the case since they pretty much require all new tooling for the figures themselves.
    Yeah, I feel the same.
    I would like battle damage armor though.

a Muppet of a man...
    Just revealed at SDCC.

Pics from the Fwoosh's facebook page.

These are absolutely HORRIBLE - what a FAIL worst figure of the line.

I was SO excited for these. What were they thinking with those eyes??
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

These figures are A+ Perfect.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

dont like em. ive seen customs far better....what about tose eyes? they pretty much ruined a nice figure!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Yeah, I was SO looking forward to these, and the end product definitely leaves something to be desired.

They went far too literal in trying to recreate the look of the vintage toy when they really should have been aiming more for the look from the Filmation cartoon with some extra detail.

These just seem to have the same goofy proportions of the old toy where their arms just look a little too short, and their overall look and stance is just awkward because of the "exploding" feature that the old toy had. The Horde symbol with the "button" in the middle (even though it won't actually be a button) is particularly odd. Why not just make it a normal Horde symbol? These things almost look like Lookee could beat the crap out of them.

I'm still going to try to build an army of them since these are the only Horde Troopers that we will be getting, but I will say that I am very underwhelmed by them.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I was SO excited for these. What were they thinking with those eyes??
    I agree. I was thinking the same thing. I hope you can make them look down enough so they reveal only the pointy parts of their eyes, like this...

horde00-close_full.jpg

Which is also more like they appear in the She-ra cartoon. But other than that I like them. Just confused that the screen says they come with 4 weapons while more are shown with them on the show floor.

And wow, october:

Mantenna
    Lord Dactus
    Nepthu
    Horde Troopers 2-pack
    & Weapons Pack

That's will be the most expensive month ever haha! (till Castle Grayskull arrives)

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    They look exactly the way I expected them too. I'm shocked at the amount of new tooling we're getting on them, and that we've gotten in 2013 all told! Let they naysayers neigh, but I'm stoked for every reveal, and feel totally justified in subbing thricely this year.

6 Horde Troopers FTW, and hopefully a few more on sale day.
    NO RED BEAST? WE TURN BEAT RED!

My MOTU Classics Wishlist:
    Filmation - KITTRINA, Vultak, Zilora, Ileena
    Space Mutants - CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead
    MYP - VEENA, Evilseed, Prahvus
    Concept - RED BEAST

So, looking at the Troopers in the case on Fwoosh's photo, they look identical, which is what I'm hoping for. The announcement that one would be normal, and one would be battle damaged sent chills down my spine. I want an army of identical troopers!
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com