Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Horde Trooper Discussion

Heroic Warrior
    Is it true the Horde Trooper are going to be the subscription exclusive figure? If so, rather stinks but yeah the design of the head could have been better.

They look just as I thought they would. They look just like the vintage toy did. Really like their weapons.

I have to agree I think they've just been posed poorly (as seems to be a common problem in the mattel displays) with their heads looking up, they look a lot better on the slide show.
    Last edited by Raziel443; July 19, 2013 at 07:34pm.

The posing is always bad, since the people who have to pose them have to rush and i guess donīt know the characters they have to pose.

So that i always ignore.

Their bio is good and explains the change from THE SECRET OF THE SWORD where they were humanoids underneath the armor and the robots which where destroyed all the time in the series.
    Finally we get the laser beam weapon, i always wanted that as a kid.
    The shield looks nice but in a fight it would be worthless with that huge gap because of the wings i wished there would have been a translucent red area or something.

I think they look cool a bit clean some wash over paint would have been nice but thatīs nit picking on my part!
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

The head looks a little ... strange. Hopefully it is just how it is posed and when we get these in the flesh it looks much better!

Maybe today's luke warm reception means I may still be able to buy a whole army of these guys!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    Horde Troopers look good, will sell the other stuff, only need the vintage staff...
    Heads look wrong, because they look up. They look right in the Mattel panel picture with the heads more sunken in the collar piece.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cryanmchsi View Post
    Is it true the Horde Trooper are going to be the subscription exclusive figure? If so, rather stinks but yeah the design of the head could have been better.
    What? Is there an official info?

Heroic Warrior
    I think they look mostly like the vintage figure did with a bit of classics polish in terms of articulation....I don't see any fault with them apart from whether or not I will purchase an additional set beyond the one that will come with the sub order.... I think they look great. As I mentioned earlier in the main SDCC thread, you won't please every fan with design choice or figure selection. It's just the nature of the beast.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

I don't think they even look right in the panel picks. There is way more yellow than black in their visors. Both the vintage and cartoon troopers have more black around the eyes. The toon troopers actually have two yellow eyes, but I can live with it being one "v" visor. I wish the black was wider and maybe the "v" was deeper.
    Support the 2015 Subscription Video

Action Figure Adventures: a blog about toys and everything related to them. Check out our stop motion animated series featuring 80's and 90's toys.

only one stun baton!?!? My horde army needs stun batons! (and a reg horde symbol would be awesome too, but I'm excited regardless).

I hate to say it but I agree with those disappointed. These lack the shoulder-heavy look I associate with the characters. I dare say I greatly prefer the current DC comic design--and that makes me throw up a little in my mouth to say! At least these shouldn't be falling apart all the time because of an action feature like the vintage toy did.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

The visor is really growing on me. Otherwise, they look fab.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMarvel fan View Post
    only one stun baton!?!? My horde army needs stun batons! (and a reg horde symbol would be awesome too, but I'm excited regardless).
    Yeah, that's annoying me a bit, too. I wanted to give my whole army their Filmation weapon, but it looks like each set may only come with one. You'd think they could give us two of them considering that we aren't even getting extra heads with this set like we did with both previous army builder sets. They always seem to do this where they only give one piece per set of an item that I want to give both figures. With the Palace Guards, I didn't want to use the Eagle chest plate or the battle damaged ones... I just wanted to give them all the "normal" chest plate, which only came one per set.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I hate to say it but I agree with those disappointed. These lack the shoulder-heavy look I associate with the characters.
    Maybe some clever customizer can make something to snap over their chests to give them the correct look. We can only hope...

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Warrior
    I don't understand what's so new with their eyes/visor. The vintage figure had the same visor. The Classics versions are looking up. If you pull the heads down, you'll get the eyes. Like with Man at Arms and his face protection.
    If you look at the panel picture you see some Troopers with heads down. The visor dissapears behind the collar piece and you got the eyes.

image.jpg
    Last edited by Berserker79; July 19, 2013 at 10:32pm.

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cryanmchsi View Post
    Panel says October 2013, so ...no, this isn't the sub exclusive, that would be a character named The Unnamed one

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/w...719-112335.jpg

Yep. I just mean their look when the head is up. It just looks different. Not what I imagined was under there. Did the vintage heads go up this way? I never had one.

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    the vintage heads do not move up and down, it's like a pin, you can only turn it sideways

My only issue is that the 'eyes' on the Horde Trooper crossbow are facing the wrong way compared to all previous crossbows. Otherwise they're great.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Yep. I just mean their look when the head is up. It just looks different. Not what I imagined was under there. Did the vintage heads go up this way? I never had one.
    The vintage version can't look up. But you see the full head, when the armor collapse. The front collar piece disguises the main yellow part of the visor and creates the Filmation eyes look. The Classics version has the same effect, if you pull his face down. You see it on the panel picture.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Some Troopers look more up, others more down..

image.jpg
    Last edited by Berserker79; July 19, 2013 at 10:59pm.

Ok...so what is in "the box"?

Troopers / weapons? Parts?

Anything Official yet?
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

I agree with others, it Stinks there is only one of each weapon, making it impossible to have actual duplicate troopers unless they use NO accessories. These just keep becoming a bigger disappointment for me as time goes on compared to the potential they had. Viser looks toony, bodies small like vintage, and now the accessory stiff. Get rid of the shield or and Crossbow and put in 2 of Each staff please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    Ok...so what is in "the box"?

Troopers / weapons? Parts?

Anything Official yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel443 View Post
    I have to agree I think they've just been posed poorly (as seems to be a common problem in the mattel displays) with their heads looking up, they look a lot better on the slide show.
    agree with that and just look at how geldor was posed yesterday (differences between mattycollector pics and comic cons ones), but im not sure its the same case as with the troopers.

still dont know why they miss the opportunities to add a General Sunder head in the two pack....

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    I agree with others, it Stinks there is only one of each weapon, making it impossible to have actual duplicate troopers unless they use NO accessories. These just keep becoming a bigger disappointment for me as time goes on compared to the potential they had. Viser looks toony, bodies small like vintage, and now the accessory stiff. Get rid of the shield or and Crossbow and put in 2 of Each staff please.

- - - Updated - - -

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/4263/6efk.jpg
    I am okay with them having different weapons...Plus I think certain artists might make some "art" pieces that we can purchase to get the extra staffs and stun batons we will need for our armies. I really hope mattel made a bunch of these....
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Yeah, I was SO looking forward to these, and the end product definitely leaves something to be desired.

They went far too literal in trying to recreate the look of the vintage toy when they really should have been aiming more for the look from the Filmation cartoon with some extra detail.

These just seem to have the same goofy proportions of the old toy where their arms just look a little too short, and their overall look and stance is just awkward because of the "exploding" feature that the old toy had. The Horde symbol with the "button" in the middle (even though it won't actually be a button) is particularly odd. Why not just make it a normal Horde symbol? These things almost look like Lookee could beat the crap out of them.

I'm still going to try to build an army of them since these are the only Horde Troopers that we will be getting, but I will say that I am very underwhelmed by them.
    cover that.
    i was thinking about tg and the 4h creative team working on the pattern of the new figures and being terrorized about how the fans could react on their decisions. I

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    It's called PERSPECTIVE, people.?
    I honestly think that after 30 years of dealing everyday 24/7 on visual perspective I know when something is simply wrong or is affected by this

I hated the eyes too, I was supremely dissapointed,....

Until I looked up how they looked through the various actually media and toys ect.

This is what they most look like. And when you angle the head down, viola! She-Ra Filmation toon!

So yeah, they are actually great. I'm getting two sets. I just wish they had a General Sunder Head, but at least you can put on Hordak's for that one Toon appearance. I'm not, but it's cool.

Still holding out for Sunder. Not 100% but I thought they'd get Sunder in there.

But the weapon spread is pretty great. I'll have one staff /sheild, one with the bow, and two with the toon stunners.

WHOO BOY I have been waiting for these! Always wanted one when I was a kid; these are perfect! I also love that they come with the little rod thingy from the toon; I remember it from the Secret of the Sword the most. I'm hoping I'll be able to snag a second set (been getting doubles of all the army builders so far).

Only gripe so far is the shield...seems useless. If it was some sort of cutting shield then I think it would be cooler - like if it went longways across his arm with the two prongs on the bottom facing out along his hand. Then it would block things and be a nice punching weapon! As it is...well not only does it have the hole there, but the place the handle is at just makes them hang weird. Ah well.

Beyond that these are fantastic! Can't wait for them!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.