Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Horde Trooper Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    The vintage version can't look up. But you see the full head, when the armor collapse. The front collar piece disguises the main yellow part of the visor and creates the Filmation eyes look. The Classics version has the same effect, if you pull his face down. You see it on the panel picture.

Attachment 86194

Attachment 86195

Attachment 86196

Some Troopers look more up, others more down..

Attachment 86197
    Oh, awesome! Thanks. I never knew that.

General Sunder won't look right in this armor, they should have gone with the Filmation look. No wonder they let us vote for some things, they often make poor decisions.

The vintage version can't look up. But you see the full head, when the armor collapse. The front collar piece disguises the main yellow part of the visor and creates the Filmation eyes look. The Classics version has the same effect, if you pull his face down. You see it on the panel picture.

Attachment 86194

Attachment 86195

Attachment 86196

Some Troopers look more up, others more down..

Attachment 86197
    LMAO! All the belly-aching about the eyes, yet they match the original figure!
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    LMAO! All the belly-aching about the eyes, yet they match the original figure!
    That's the thing, it depends on how you'll position the head on the Classics version.

That's the thing, it depends on how you'll position the head on the Classics version.
    The problem is, the pictures that have the eyes under the chin guard are all prototypes, the ones in the booth are finished/near finished, they have the china stamps on the feet, and show no white under any paint. If design screwed this up, they should be fired. Until I see a walkthru with Dan and Toyguru explaining they are not final, or actually see pictures of the figs in the booths with the eyes under the chin gaurd, I am going to assume the worst as with all design team translations.
    Last edited by darkmoon766; July 20, 2013 at 02:47am.

They are perfect! I'd wish to have two horde staffs and shields, I don't need/want a new bow but its cool.

I am solo happy some of you hate the troopers, means more for me. Mwa ha ha.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    The problem is, the pictures that have the eyes under the chin guard are all prototypes, the ones in the booth are finished/near finished, they have the china stamps on the feet, and show no white under any paint. If design screwed this up, they should be fired. Until I see a walkthru with Dan and Toyguru explaining they are not final, or actually see pictures of the figs in the booths with the eves under the chin gaurd, I am going to assume the worst as with all design team translations.
    Valid point, would be a good question to ask...

Valid point, would be a good question to ask...
    Doesn't look good from Dan's walkthru 4:35. No one asked. I don't like it. Hopefully you could at least dremel the head out to sit lower IF it won't sit right.

If no one caught this before they went final, it will be a huge blow, on par or worse than the Stinkor Forearm reversal. SO many of these things have already been made. If you google image search horde trooper, there is not one filmation or vintage picture with the visor fully visible unless the chest is popped open from the action feature. How could everyone have missed this? On the most fan demanded army builder? Not good. Hopefully it's just a false alarm and the head will go lower...
    Last edited by darkmoon766; July 20, 2013 at 03:22am.

Heroic Warrior
    Good because I do want these bad boys. Well, seeing this is the first shot of these guys I am sure the final product will look much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    Panel says October 2013, so ...no, this isn't the sub exclusive, that would be a character named The Unnamed one

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/w...719-112335.jpg
    http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/w...719-112335.jpg

I think Dynamo of Eternia said it best when he said they had a fisher price vibe, they just look a little too cheap looking. hopefully they suffer the curse of looking better in person though

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Gibbs View Post
    I think Dynamo of Eternia said it best when he said they had a fisher price vibe, they just look a little too cheap looking. hopefully they suffer the curse of looking better in person though
    My 2 cents here is that this has to do with lighting.
    Being a freelance photographer and having production photos as one of my main passions I know how colors get distorted. The flat gray color on their armor looks very plain and plastic like set in this kind of lighting.
    They will look a whole lot better in person, as well as this might not be the final paint app that we will see, I'm thinking they will throw in some washing on the colors to add depth, or that it is already there and the light has ruined it.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

I do remember some people wanting battle damaged version and Mattel probably listened to them, but two clean ones just like the guards would be perfect. Why does they need to be different? Is it tool ate to change painting scheme to simpler? To SAVE Mattel money...

I am glad they did not listen about adding extra He-man head to the packet or something, if you have he-man figure that you can just put that there.

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    I do remember some people wanting battle damaged version and Mattel probably listened to them, but two clean ones just like the guards would be perfect. Why does they need to be different? Is it tool ate to change painting scheme to simpler? To SAVE Mattel money...

I am glad they did not listen about adding extra He-man head to the packet or something, if you have he-man figure that you can just put that there.
    Sorry I dont agree. A Filmation Hordak head, and a new He-Man head would have rounded this pack out nicely.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

I have to say I'm a little disappointed with these guys... I really think they've missed a great opportunity to put some Filmation elements in here. I know people usually prefer the vintage look, but these really, really would have benefited if they looked more like their Filmation versions. After all, this is the iconic look of the Troopers. They just look like they've 'ported' the vintage version straight over into the MOTUC scale. They look too toy-ish. And, yeah I know that's exactly what they are, but I just think they've missed an opportunity....
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by GRANAT View Post
    General Sunder won't look right in this armor, they should have gone with the Filmation look. No wonder they let us vote for some things, they often make poor decisions.
    Perhaps Dawg-O-Tor Armor in Trooper Colors with the normal Torso and the rest of the Trooper buck?
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

To be honest they look just how I expected/hoped they would. I'm just glad they are unique sculpts, I was really worried they might come with trap jaw legs and arms so I'm happy.

Heroic Warrior
    Doesn't look good from Dan's walkthru 4:35. No one asked. I don't like it. Hopefully you could at least dremel the head out to sit lower IF it won't sit right.

If no one caught this before they went final, it will be a huge blow, on par or worse than the Stinkor Forearm reversal. SO many of these things have already been made. If you google image search horde trooper, there is not one filmation or vintage picture with the visor fully visible unless the chest is popped open from the action feature. How could everyone have missed this? On the most fan demanded army builder? Not good. Hopefully it's just a false alarm and the head will go lower...
    We'll see, maybe in those 2 days, Toyguru will change their head positions...

Like most people I was slightly underwhelmed by their eyes initially, but hopefully we’ll be able to pose them with their heads lowered into their chin guards creating a more accurate Filmation look. Even if that’s not the case however, it’s a minor gripe for me. They still look fantastic otherwise and I can’t wait to buy multiples of these!

I really don't think you have anything to worry about. Take any figure you like and roll the head back and forth. They have a wide range of movement, and these figures are obviously looking up. All you gotta do is make 'em look forward or down and you'll get what you saw in the panel. Heck, I'll bet these have an even wider range of movement because they don't have a normal back of the head to get in the way.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    My 2 cents here is that this has to do with lighting.
    Being a freelance photographer and having production photos as one of my main passions I know how colors get distorted. The flat gray color on their armor looks very plain and plastic like set in this kind of lighting.
    They will look a whole lot better in person, as well as this might not be the final paint app that we will see, I'm thinking they will throw in some washing on the colors to add depth, or that it is already there and the light has ruined it.
    To further my points.
    There are highlights that have disappeared because of the lighting. Notice the silver paint applications here on some of the details and raised surfaces:

Compliments to the fwoosh for taking detailed shots of the figures.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

I am down for 2 sets, need to have He-Man and Hordak in horde gear.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I really don't think you have anything to worry about. Take any figure you like and roll the head back and forth. They have a wide range of movement, and these figures are obviously looking up. All you gotta do is make 'em look forward or down and you'll get what you saw in the panel. Heck, I'll bet these have an even wider range of movement because they don't have a normal back of the head to get in the way.
    Look at this picture. (keep in mind these are final and not prototypes as shown on mattypalooza slides)
    DSC_0637.jpg
    The Left trooper may not have his head pushed all the way down. But the one on the right Is just a little lower 2mm? If you rotate the head down far enough to get the visor under the chin guard, the gap on the back of the head will be more than 3mm, looking terrible. I think these heads don't sit low enough. Until I see proof, I think these figures are flawed.

My guess is, Design Made the peg too high (to accommodate other heads such as Heman) or made the hole in the head too close to the bottom, or both. Given the glorious track record of design and people not catching these things, is why I assume the worst. With the figures being almost Identical remakes of the vintage, and the head being seated WAY lower on the vintage, and the filmation heads and visors sitting so much lower, makes this a complete loss to me. Hopefully, there is enough space in the helmet to dremel out.

Of course, showing a picture of the visor below the chin guard would clear this all up, I just don't think it's possible. "These are your Horde Troopers People"

( My other minor gripe is that you can not make the troopers "identical" because only one of each weapon is included, unless you use no weapons. Not that big a deal, but it may be for some one troop building)

UPDATE:
    This question seems to have been answered HERE , and it looks like they can not look down that far.
    Here is a comparison between the filmation, the MOTUC finals, and Vintage toys.
    Evidence.jpg
    The heads can obviously not be seated low enough to recreate either look.
    Score another win for the design team! If you are army building and want a vintage or filmation look, get your Dremels out!

Just for fun I will reiterate my prediction:
    ...If no one caught this before they went final, it will be a huge blow, on par or worse than the Stinkor Forearm reversal.
    Let the debacle begin! (after everything has settled from SDCC of course.)
    Last edited by darkmoon766; July 20, 2013 at 02:00pm.

Look at this picture. (keep in mind these are final and not prototypes as shown on mattypalooza slides)
    DSC_0637.jpg
    The Left trooper may not have his head pushed all the way down. But the one on the right Is just a little lower 2mm? If you rotate the head down far enough to get the visor under the chin guard, the gap on the back of the head will be more than 3mm, looking terrible. I think these heads don't sit low enough. Until I see proof, I think these figures are flawed.

My guess is, Design Made the peg too high (to accommodate other heads such as Heman) or made the hole in the head too close to the bottom, or both. Given the glorious track record of design and people not catching these things, is why I assume the worst. With the figures being almost Identical remakes of the vintage, and the head being seated WAY lower on the vintage, and the filmation heads and visors sitting so much lower, makes this a complete loss to me. Hopefully, there is enough space in the helmet to dremel out.

Of course, showing a picture of the visor below the chin guard would clear this all up, I just don't think it's possible. "These are your Horde Troopers People"

( My other minor gripe is that you can not make the troopers "identical" because only one of each weapon is included, unless you use no weapons. Not that big a deal, but it may be for some one troop building)

UPDATE:
    This question seems to have been answered HERE , and it looks like they can not look down that far.
    Here is a comparisons between the filmation, the MOTUC finals, and Vintage toys.
    Evidence.jpg
    The heads can obviously not be seated low enough to recreate either look.
    Score another win for the design team! If you are army building and want a vintage or filmation look, get your Dremels out!
    Oh dear it looks like Mattel have screwed up the Horde Troopers, hopefully it can be fixed.

Heroic Warrior
    Orrrrr.....it might be a case of people jumping the gun and predicting they'll be horrible like people did with the Castle after it was announced that it would be tweaked. We know that the figures at SDCC don't have the best luck in always being photographed well or in being posed well; Has anyone though to ask Dan directly yet or anyone else that is at SDCC? His walk-through might not have commented on it, but if he or others have seen them first hand, they might be able to better say one way or the other. Personally, the eyes don't really both me.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

the over exposed visor effect may be caused by the torso position or head orientation , let's wait for a close up review