Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Horde Trooper Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    It'll be a huge disappointment if they come with only 1 spear...
    Attachment 86231
    Prepare to be disappointed. They are all already boxed up like that. Only 1 of each accessory per Two-pack.
    Last edited by darkmoon766; July 21, 2013 at 04:24am.

Man, I'm not usually one to complain, but I don't like the over exposed eyes.
    I liked the vintage and filmation look to the eyes that made them look evil.
    These look too cartoony. Like they are from some new "cute" MOTU cartoon

The shoulders should be looking high at the end, not down like these new figures, that's WAY more menacing and gives an imposing presence.
    Same for the eyes, less visible eyes is better, along with the black outline that should be more angled and not gently rounded.

Really, apart these two flaws, the sculpt is practically perfect, have we seen an height comparison with other figures? They are taller or equal?

edit:
    I made a quick animated gif to show a deeper head, upper pointy shoulders and more angled visor

gifhorde.gif
    Last edited by nanoFatato; July 21, 2013 at 05:34am.

The new pictures on thefwoosh.com show the troopers are 100% new tool and look amazing, if you ask me!

*Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Awesome! That new buck would work perfect for Duncan's traing robot - also known as Faker's true form!
    Love those new pics!
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Not much to add. I just want to echo the shoulder pad eye sentiments that have already been expressed. I would be 100% willing to wait until 2014 to get proper Horde Troopers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    I don't like that the symbol is circular. That was only because of the action feature on the vintage trooper, they should have got a regular emblem like the rest of the Horde.
    Who doesn't love a sculpted non operational button? Why not make interchangeable logos like on the Fighting Foe Men?

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    Hmm, how many NA part resues do I see in there? Flogg for sure. Hoove probably. 2nd NA Skelly, maybe.
    Hello Horde Troopers, nice legs! Trap Jaw limbs GTFO!

Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    still dont know why they miss the opportunities to add a General Sunder head in the two pack....
    So they can make him a single carded figure of him.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMarvel fan View Post
    only one stun baton!?!? My horde army needs stun batons! (and a reg horde symbol would be awesome too, but I'm excited regardless).
    A Horde Arsenal Weapons pack would be welcome at this point!
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; July 21, 2013 at 07:27am.
    "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Wow, that inside mold looks exactly like a 200x Man-At-Arms chest without the yellow armor. Maybe a helmetless and armorless workshop version was planned at some point (pre-no-variants I mean)? Might also work for a MYP battle armor Randor. Don't know what new characters could use it. NA's Darius maybe?

Otherwise still disappointed in how high the trooper head sits and how small the shoulder armor seems with it. At least it looks great apart from that.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    "These are your Horde Troopers!"

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Indeed they are..

They are in production so they are already tooled and this means no changes whatsoever!
    I can't help to think that mattel could have easily delevered a smash hit of action figure with them, and sell a TON of troopers.

But heck, they have a great sculpt and are 100% new parts so we can kissing goodbye TJ legs for robotic legs

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    taking me awhile to warm up to the visors but its not that big of a deal. They are a pretty sweet set overall!

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    The new pictures on thefwoosh.com show the troopers are 100% new tool and look amazing, if you ask me!

http://i1.wp.com/thefwoosh.com/wp-co...7/DSC_0846.jpg

http://i2.wp.com/thefwoosh.com/wp-co...7/DSC_0816.jpg
    I hadn't seen these pics yet…that's fantastic they got a completely new sculpt! The visor positioned properly like in the first pic looks much better than the random poses that they were given at first in the display cabinet. The detail in the Horde emblem is awesome!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Does anyone else see potential Flogg parts in there? : )

I'm good with these.

I sure hope they are planning to produce a ship ton of these bad boys!

Even with the naysayers saying nay, I assure you when these troopers are released there will be a frenzy. I plan to buy at least half a dozen probably more.

Plus I'm sure the final product will be tweaked some but I love them the way they are.

Next year: Skeleton Warriors, I hope

Quote Originally Posted by nanoFatato View Post
    The shoulders should be looking high at the end, not down like these new figures, that's WAY more menacing and gives an imposing presence.
    Same for the eyes, less visible eyes is better, along with the black outline that should be more angled and not gently rounded.

Really, apart these two flaws, the sculpt is practically perfect, have we seen an height comparison with other figures? They are taller or equal?

edit:
    I made a quick animated gif to show a deeper head, upper pointy shoulders and more angled visor

gifhorde.gif
    Yes this is the way they should look! What a shame

He's not as cool looking as I'd like, but I still want him.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm beginning to think it may not be too difficult to modify the heads to sit lower--any customizers hatching schemes yet?

Maybe the smaller shoulder pads were a design decision to keep the shoulder articulation intact?

With people noticing all of the reuse possibilities, it does make sense that they chose to make them standard size figures, but I still wish they were oversized. It seems weird to me that Ram Man will be bigger than the Horde Troopers...

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarliehog View Post
    I'm beginning to think it may not be too difficult to modify the heads to sit lower--any customizers hatching schemes yet?
    I'm not a customize but I'm thinking that drilling out the head hole might do it. I am hoping that the head is just looking up too high and making him look down will give the desired look. It's only a little off.

My biggest question is how many am I buying. I get 2 sets with my subs. I am thinking 4 more but might do 5 more so I have more troopers than I have snake men.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Anyone notice, they have no peg holes at all? Kind of like Ram Man's legs....
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Nice. Too bad the rest of them isn't as flawless.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Excellent observation. Those joints were genius and it would be great to see that process put to use in other areas.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarliehog View Post
    Maybe the smaller shoulder pads were a design decision to keep the shoulder articulation intact?
    It could have been, but horde troopers don't really need to put their hands over their heads. I would have sacrificed the articulation for more menacing wider shoulder pads to make them look more threatening.(or more vintage, or more filmation) It also would have made them look larger. Look how large The Faceless one looks. You can dremel out the head to sit a little lower, but you can't do much to make the shoulders wider, without sculpy or photoshop.

They have grown on me. I would have preferred more of a Filmation look, though. They just seem quite small to me.

They look brilliant as is. but maybe two sets will do me. Glad I have a spare Hordak head for one of them.

Hey they look good on the back of the box! Too bad that's impossible with the toys. This won't be that hard to fix though.

What I WISH looked like the back of the box was the Rock Warriors. Can't fix those huge leg and arm rock pieces.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    I'm thinking it won't be hard to fix them. At the same time they are growing on me so I might not even touch them.