Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Horde Trooper Discussion

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    http://www.figures.com/gallery/data/7962/DSCN0386.JPG

Hey they look good on the back of the box! Too bad that's impossible with the toys. This won't be that hard to fix though.

What I WISH looked like the back of the box was the Rock Warriors. Can't fix those huge leg and arm rock pieces.
    What are you thinking??? Dremel out the peg hole a bit in the head?
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    I'm thinking it won't be hard to fix them. At the same time they are growing on me so I might not even touch them.
    Hopefully they will grow on people, because that is how they are. And fixing 10-20 of them seems like a lot of work for an army building project, considering how much money would be invested already. Maybe the derpiness of the heads being too high exposing the one visor eye will wear off if you look at it long enough...

Besides the head being too high, the shoulderpads being narrow, them not being larger, and the inability to have both hold the same weapon for troop building, they are pretty awesome.

They have hidden articulation, all new tooling, they look awesome under the armor, and they come with filmation stun wands.

Seems to me the good and the bad balance out, it just stinks that there is so much bad. These could have been one of the coolest figures. As it is now they are just average, like Geldor. (to me anyway)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    What are you thinking??? Dremel out the peg hole a bit in the head?
    Yes. Hopefully there is enough space in the head to go as low as you want. Looks like you should at least be able to get it low enough to get the point of the black v to touch the chin guard. If not, may have to lower or remove the neck peg. For army building, this would be the fastest way, Just snip off the peg, use sticky tack to set the head on the neck (if there is enough space in the helmet without dremeling for this). It will be interesting to see what's going on under the helmet so to speak. Next demanded PICS!! What's it look like under the helmet!!
    Last edited by darkmoon766; July 21, 2013 at 04:37pm.

Merry Christmas! The All American's Avatar
    I'm not bothered by the visors. I lost the armor to the original figure very early on as a kid, so I barely was used to the Horde Trooper with the armor covering.

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe if folks don't warm up to these guys they won't be hard to get from Mattycollector.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I would like to know the EXACT accessories this two pack will be coming with, and their amounts (ex. 1 or 2 Filmation blaster sticks and toy staffs).

Their heads would obviously look better lower, but I don't mind them. The Horde symbol would look better without the circle button design (being a regular Horde symbol), but it does still look nice. 1000 times better than the dials on Hurricane Hordak, Sy-Klone and Optikk, at least.

The MAIN thing I'm bummed out about is the big Horde shield. The clip is in the strangest place, so it hangs REALLY low. The clip should be behind the Horde head. This shield can't be used AS a shield because of it's design! So weird! I'm not really a fan of them either way, to be honest. If they wanted to give the Horde Troopers a shield, they should have designed it after the front of the Horde flying sleds, or the one Hordak used in the cartoon. Either of those options would have been amazing!

(Hordak's shield, bottom right of the image)

Not sure how many I will buy. I think I may need 10 (5 packs). The Great Rebellion's gonna need some back up, Mattel. Make them all in a hurry!

EDIT: Oh, IF we ever get a Horde Weapons Pak, I want these with removable flames (like the Ghostbusters Proton Packs):

Last edited by Darkspecter; July 21, 2013 at 05:46pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I love the torso, lots of potential for these parts like a torso for multibot

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    Awesome! That new buck would work perfect for Duncan's traing robot - also known as Faker's true form!
    Love those new pics!
    Oh, I would love a battle damaged faker using this torso!

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Does anyone else see potential Flogg parts in there? : )
    Yup, I see TONS of flogg parts on this guy.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I really like what I am seeing, except the visor could be lower as some have pointed out. However, to their defence, some media had the visor show that way.

for instance original mini-comic had it like this:
    SANY0024-8.jpg

Also Emiliano's fan picture had it like this (Inspired by mini-comic?):
    70827208.jpg

Still, if the picture at the behind of the box has the head differently, it is fairly odd choice not to have the final figure to have the same look.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I would like to know the EXACT accessories this two pack will be coming with, and their amounts (ex. 1 or 2 Filmation blaster sticks and toy staffs).
    troopiinc.jpg
    One 2 pack has 2 figures and 1 of each weapon, so you can't have Identical troopers with weapons. 1 vintage staff, 1 filmation staff, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post

Still, if the picture at the behind of the box has the head differently, it is fairly odd choice not to have the final figure to have the same look.
    The old from prototype to design I'm afraid. Et al.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    I really like what I am seeing, except the visor could be lower as some have pointed out. However, to their defence, some media had the visor show that way..

Also Emiliano's fan picture had it like this (Inspired by mini-comic?):
    70827208.jpg

Yes, but notice how low Emeliano has the helmet sit?

troopiinc.jpg
    One 2 pack has 2 figures and 1 of each weapon, so you can't have Identical troopers with weapons. 1 vintage staff, 1 filmation staff, etc.
    Oh no! Can we at least have two clean looking Horde Troopers? Is the "battle damage" the tiny, black mark? If so, I guess it could easily be removed.

I'm still happy, but it makes me hate that useless Horde symbol "shield" even more. I'd rather have an extra Trooper stick. @ that decision.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Oh no! Can we at least have two clean looking Horde Troopers? Is the "battle damage" the tiny, black mark? If so, I guess it could easily be removed.

I'm still happy, but it makes me hate that useless Horde symbol "shield" even more. I'd rather have an extra Trooper stick. @ that decision.
    Yes, the shield is the worst thing. I kind of like the crossbow, but the shield should have been replaced with another staff, vintage or filmation. No more weapons packs to get more either.
    The battle damage is just 2 small smokey blast marks on the front and back. You could probably remove them with strong alchohol or something if you are careful. You should really read this thread starting from page 12.
    Last edited by darkmoon766; July 21, 2013 at 07:22pm.

When I first saw the pictures I wasn't impressed, but after consideration I think they're pretty good. Not sure I still want the garrison load I envisioned, but a heathy 4-6 for sure!

I can see some nice parts re-use from these for Space Mutants like Flogg, Hoove and dare I say a DoD Skeletor.

I was a little thrown off by the visor at first. I never had the vintage figure so I didn't know his visor looked like that under the armor. But now that I know it is at least inspired by the vintage toy I'm a little more OK with it.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Warrior
    I think the Visor is my only problem, at least the Fwoosh picture looks better, just not as good as the protos Surprising The Horsemen would make 6 protos? Unless those are just photoshopped together on that presentation slide?

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    I think the Visor is my only problem, at least the Fwoosh picture looks better, just not as good as the protos Surprising The Horsemen would make 6 protos? Unless those are just photoshopped together on that presentation slide?
    If you are gonna make 6 protos of anything its horde troopers.

Perhaps the hole on the shield is to "theoretically" insert the stun baton or the crossbow head to attack THROUGH the shield. Like a weird Riot Shield
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, the shield is the worst thing. I kind of like the crossbow, but the shield should have been replaced with another staff, vintage or filmation. No more weapons packs to get more either.
    The battle damage is just 2 small smokey blast marks on the front and back. You could probably remove them with strong alchohol or something if you are careful. You should really read this thread starting from page 12.
    So the battle damage is only paint? That would be great...

I tried to!

I just finished watching Pixel-Dan's video walk through with Toyguru and it looks like there's also a black lazer burn mark on the back of the other Horde Trooper's head.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    So the battle damage is only paint? That would be great...
    Yep the sculpts are identical, just some added painted on burn marks on the armor and head.

Heroic Warrior
    The helmet thing isn't bugging me as much as only 1 of each weapon/accessory in each 2pk. Seriously? 1 stun baton, 1 crossbow, 1 shield, and 1 vintage staff? Lame!

Can anyone that does photoshop fill in the yellow so the troopers have the tiny triangle eyes in the last picture...as they do in Filmation?

The troopers have large black "V" 's on their face with tiny triangle eyes...I think they just need more black in the face plate to be great.

I tried it with a bad program I had....somrthing like this...

Attachment 86254
    Last edited by CanadaClassics; July 21, 2013 at 11:39pm.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

I realy like these guys. I'd like two Filmation energy wands with each pack, but I'll manage.

In fact, I'm rather fond of the slightly "toy" or "Fisher Price" vibe from them. I don't know why, but I am. Either way, I'm looking forward to these guys.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    Can anyone that does photoshop fill in the yellow so the troopers have the tiny triangle eyes in the last picture...as they do in Filmation?

The troopers have large black "V" 's on their face with tiny triangle eyes...I think they just need more black in the face plate to be great.

I tried it with a bad program I had....somrthing like this...

Attachment 86254
    That actually looks pretty good! I could almost see this being a more logical solution than dremiling the hole deeper. I would require a lot of time, patience, and a steady hand, but if painted correctly to look like this, I'd be reasonably happy with them.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Traveler
    im sure some of the excellent customizers in this community will have heads for us to plug in there!

having seen the figures there is a black "burn" on the helmet, front of armor and back of armor. totally unsure if itll come off.

that does suck only one of each accessory... i think im going to buy 6 sets (ugh nov...)

Quote Originally Posted by kwgriffi View Post
    im sure some of the excellent customizers in this community will have heads for us to plug in there!

having seen the figures there is a black "burn" on the helmet, front of armor and back of armor. totally unsure if itll come off.

that does suck only one of each accessory... i think im going to buy 6 sets (ugh nov...)
    Carefully applied acetone should make short work of those burn marks.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    I asked Scott directly about that on the Matty floor at the Convention on Saturday. Showed him the two photos (filmation visor vs the MOTUC visor) and said 'Wouldn't it be awesome if one of the two Horde Troopers came with the filmation eyes?' and Scott smiled and said 'Yes, it would be but unfortunately they've already gone into production'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.