Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Horde Trooper Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I wouldn't count on there being a bunch of left-overs here; this is one of the most requested items in the line, up there with Rammy. We might see a few pop up on a Mad Matty sale from the customer service stock set aside for replacements/returns, but I really think these will genuinely sell out.
    Exactly, the stuff showing up at Big Lots is the stuff that didn't sell over Thanksgiving (USA) weekend last year. So they apparently dumped everything that didn't sell and the scraps of CS Stock for that sale. And I would bet that the Horde Troopers will sell out of both regular and CS stock when they offer it again. I'm planning on buying 7 of these guys to have a true Horde of troopers, plus Trooper armor Hordak, plus Trooper Armor He-Man.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    The Horde Troopers look incredible. I am a big fan of army builder figures. I really hope that Skeletor gets the "mutant troopers" from NA someday, or even better, the black robot warriors from the 1987 movie!
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

The Horde Troopers' bio state that they are operated from a central computer brain most likely located in the Fright Zone. It would have to be under the tightest security otherwise She-ra would break in there and smash the place up and cause all the Horde Troopers to shut down ala the Phantom Menace.

Quote Originally Posted by Akai View Post
    The Horde Troopers' bio state that they are operated from a central computer brain most likely located in the Fright Zone. It would have to be under the tightest security otherwise She-ra would break in there and smash the place up and cause all the Horde Troopers to shut down ala the Phantom Menace.
    I would love it if Dymalug was that central computer brain, in control of all the horde troopers, making him a very important member of the Horde, like a general.

Heroic Warrior
    I just hope I can get at least one additional set apart from the one I have in the sub...I've never customized before, but I'm tempted to open my second set of Snake Men and paint on of them green or another color to add some bulk to the Snake Army as well as some variety....
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Judging by this picture it seems that the heads will need to be drilled inside to get the head on in the right position.

sdcc2013_hordetrooper-closeup_full.jpg

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    I'm planning on buying 7 of these guys to have a true Horde of troopers, plus Trooper armor Hordak, plus Trooper Armor He-Man.
    Aw, dang it! If I happen across a Hurricane Hordak at Big Lots (I already have a couple He-Man heads floating around), I'm gonna be hard pressed not to entertain getting a third set of these buggers to swipe your idea.

No more great ideas for using the troopers, people! Think of my wallet, please!!!
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Aw, dang it! If I happen across a Hurricane Hordak at Big Lots (I already have a couple He-Man heads floating around), I'm gonna be hard pressed not to entertain getting a third set of these buggers to swipe your idea.

No more great ideas for using the troopers, people! Think of my wallet, please!!!
    Ok. I'll keep my mouth shut!

Quote Originally Posted by Trans22 View Post
    Judging by this picture it seems that the heads will need to be drilled inside to get the head on in the right position.

sdcc2013_hordetrooper-closeup_full.jpg
    Yeah, I'm not too happy if that's what the production figures look like. It's not the end of the world, but clearly the Four Horsemen prototypes had the helmets sitting lower on the neck just below the faceguard as they should be. If these helmets are hovering as they appear to be in this picture then I will chalk this up as another misstep by the design team.

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    I would love it if Dymalug was that central computer brain, in control of all the horde troopers, making him a very important member of the Horde, like a general.
    That would be pretty awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Yeah, I'm not too happy if that's what the production figures look like. It's not the end of the world, but clearly the Four Horsemen prototypes had the helmets sitting lower on the neck just below the faceguard as they should be. If these helmets are hovering as they appear to be in this picture then I will chalk this up as another misstep by the design team.
    They aren't; that's pretty much the only picture where the helmet hovers like that. It's not pushed all the way down like it is in the other photos.

This is it pushed all the way down on the ball joint. Whether or not that's still not enough for ya is up to you, but that seems to be as far as it goes. Now we just need it in-hand to see what the range of up-and-down movement it.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Peace Officer Eternian Knight's Avatar
    It would've been cool to get an extra head with a little hair sticking out from the back. (He-man in Secret of the sword.)

But I am happy that we are getting these figures finally.

As a 200x fan as I am.
    Find the n diferences with the MOTUC.

htrop200x.jpg
    hordetrooperhumanfinal.jpg
    Horde-Trooper.jpg
    Check out marktron's MOTU CUTSOMS photos and profile! http://fearlessphotog.deviantart.com/

That's a great idea for Dylamug! Love it!
    10 figures I still need: 10/Peekablue, 9/Sssqueeze, 8/Lizard Man, 7/Hunga the Harpy, 6/Gwildor, 5/Filmation Clawful, 4/Mermista, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
    Sorry I dont agree. A Filmation Hordak head, and a new He-Man head would have rounded this pack out nicely.
    Actually that's a great idea about how it could have had a pack out with that much desired head. Of course I want a full Filmation Hordak, but, this would have been nice. Still dont need a he-man head. With Prince Adam, I have an extra I dont use.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
    Sorry I dont agree. A Filmation Hordak head, and a new He-Man head would have rounded this pack out nicely.
    If they were going to include extra heads, I would rather they do something like the heads from the flashback sequence in Secret of the Sword. While I understand the sentiment here (and a Filmation specific Hordak head in general would be cool... though I hope to get that on a Filmation Hordak figure at some point), from an army building standpoint the inclusion of He-Man and Hordak heads would have been a bad idea because for the most part no one would use those on more than one set, even if they buy several. I'd rather have parts included that have the army building aspect in mind rather than something like this which can be accomplished by removing heads from existing figures.

It's a moot point regardless since they aren't coming with alternate heads at all.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

online with my office computer in Liverpool

Ok, i wont tell you I'm planning on using some of my extra humanesque heads (Bow, Flipshot etc) to make human troopers so they can sit in the Etherian pub drinking beers!
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    If they were going to include extra heads, I would rather they do something like the heads from the flashback sequence in Secret of the Sword. While I understand the sentiment here (and a Filmation specific Hordak head in general would be cool... though I hope to get that on a Filmation Hordak figure at some point), from an army building standpoint the inclusion of He-Man and Hordak heads would have been a bad idea because for the most part no one would use those on more than one set, even if they buy several. I'd rather have parts included that have the army building aspect in mind rather than something like this which can be accomplished by removing heads from existing figures.

It's a moot point regardless since they aren't coming with alternate heads at all.

I agree.

I would have loved two alternate heads: the SOTS older trooper head with the black eye holes, and the Aqua troopers from the episodes featuring Octavia.

That way, I would purchase two more sets (on top of my two sub sets) to make 2 SOTS troopers, and 2 Aqua troopers
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

AWESOME idea! If that's where the motuc bio may be heading for a potential Dylamug release, I'd actually be ecstatic about a motuc bio for the first time.

Matty will be burning a hole through my wallet from Oct-Dec.!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

I need more stun batons! Can we get an accessory pack?

Well they sold out pretty fast as BBTS, I think that is highest price they have had for two pack too. I wonder what day of sale will be like, fairly certain they Mattel reserved some extra stock..at least people been sending Q&A letters about them for years.

Call me crazy (no - please don't) but these guys should have been Filmation design all the way. I don't understand mimicking the push-button on the chest - that wasn't exactly a good look on the vintage toy, more a necessity for the thing to fall apart. Where are the clean lines? These really do look almost 100% vintage to me...and I don't get why.

...but then, I've never seen the logic behind replicating the vintage looks in the MOTUC to the enth degree. That's pretty boring....improve the figure, right? The Filmation look would have been ideal. Really sharp.

And, like the rest of you, I have no idea at all what's going on with the heads here...
    Last edited by DisneyBoy; August 11, 2013 at 02:51am.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Call me crazy (no - please don't) but these guys should have been Filmation design all the way. I don't understand mimicking the push-button on the chest - that wasn't exactly a good look on the vintage toy, more a necessity for the thing to fall apart. Where are the clean lines? These really do look almost 100% vintage to me...and I don't get why.

...but then, I've never seen the logic behind replicating the vintage looks in the MOTUC to the enth degree. That's pretty boring....improve the figure, right? The Filmation look would have been ideal. Really sharp.

And, like the rest of you, I have no idea at all what's going on with the heads here...
    Even Emiliano's design sheets used the vintage toy button in the design. And have a higher set head/eyes.
    hordetrooper_full.jpg

It's sorta grown on me. What really gets me is the lack of accessories. for a $60 price tag, I really want more stuff to come with them. And I think the armor might be too big, like seahawk and snakeface.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMarvel fan View Post
    Even Emiliano's design sheets used the vintage toy button in the design. And have a higher set head/eyes.
    hordetrooper_full.jpg

It's sorta grown on me. What really gets me is the lack of accessories. for a $60 price tag, I really want more stuff to come with them. And I think the armor might be too big, like seahawk and snakeface.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they $50 ?
    But I agree - they are pretty light in the accessory department...
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post

I always prefer vintage design...