Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Horde Trooper Discussion

I want my troopers looking bigger than a normal MOTUC. Roughly aorund the size of a MOTUC Figure wearing HEAVY ARMOR... (KG Tall)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

Heroic Warrior

MOTUC Horde trooper: What could be possible?

I´m asking myself, what possibilities the Horde Trooper 2 pack could have?

The Eternian Guards have:

4 Chestplates
    4 Heads
    2 Faceguards
    2 halbards
    1 mace
    1 axe
    2 shields
    4 leg armors
    4 arm armors
    2 torso amors

I imagine the Horde Trooper could have:

2 deatachable armors
    4 chestplates (the bat part)
    2 normal heads
    2 "Filmation flashback heads
    2 vintage staffs
    2 red crossbow

PLUS: I think, it would be cool, if they have detachable forearms like Trap Jaw/Roboto and some attachments. Would fit to their robotic image. (see green area at pic).

Let's hope that stay together & don't fall apart with the slightest breath, like the vintage figure.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

It going to be tougher to get the variety then the palace Guards as there all the same. Battle damage parts maybe? In fact I'm not an army builder so if this was released on a single card as well I'd just get the single card version.
    Last edited by 13977; January 24, 2011 at 04:03pm.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I suppose thar the Horde Troopers will have a brand new buck so Ill eliminate all the armor pieces (because it will be new pieces).

2 brand new Chestplate + 2 damaged Chestplate
    4 Heads / 2 Horde Trooper + 1 Horde Commander + 1 Horde Captain

2 Staffs (Vintage Weapon)
    2 Laser guns
    2 shields / 2 Horde Shields
    2 Horde Crossbow (Black)
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I would love them to come with a He-Man head to simulate the time he disguised himself as one...
    Wanna see whales in giant mechsuits protect mankind against evil aliens?
    Check out: http://mechawhales.com/

Collectible figures available from: http://www.deepfriedfigures.com/

My 3D printed action figures: http://www.hauke-scheer.de/

Here's some stuff I think would be cool, though I don't know how much they could shove into one package:

- Battle damaged parts (would be cool for the parts to have slashes and holes in them so you could shove swords and axes in, making it look like it's walking around with weapons sticking out of 'em. I'd love to have a head that is cleaved down the middle so you could put He-Man's axe in it.)

- Make the arms removable, like Trap-Jaw's

- Removable armors with detailed mechanics underneath (something classic like random gears 'n such)

- New ideas, like alternate heads that reflect rank, or arm weapons like what was mentioned above (though I'd like to see at least one WHOLE arm weapon that plugs into the shoulder, like a big rail gun or something).

I think that would do it for me.
    Last edited by Alexx; December 10, 2010 at 03:04pm.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    I've always thought there were two types of troopers; humans and robots.
    That would also explain why some of them sneeze.
    Even in the episode where the sneezing powder was introduced it was asked, do robots sneeze? I have never known them to be human, just filmations flaw of making robots with too many human emotions. In the She-ra episode the reluctant wizard, a Horde Trooper witnessed a tree attack him. He told Catra and she did not believe him and told him he would have to go to some mines or swamps or some place for punishment, he showed fear saying "No not that!" She said he would have to see Hordak first, and he said never mind he would rather go to the place of punishment. When he went to Hordak who also did not believe him, Hordak blasted him to a pile of scrap and sparking wires. Of course Shadow Weaver told Hordak the Trooper was telling the truth. Anyway up until that point you would have sworn a human was in that suit with all the emotions it showed, but in the end, just a robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    I suppose thar the Horde Troopers will have a brand new buck so Ill eliminate all the armor pieces (because it will be new pieces).

2 brand new Chestplate + 2 damaged Chestplate
    4 Heads / 2 Horde Trooper + 1 Horde Commander + 1 Horde Captain

2 Staffs (Vintage Weapon)
    2 Laser guns
    2 shields / 2 Horde Shields
    2 Horde Crossbow (Black)
    I would buy them no matter what, and since they put so much effort into the Palace Guards, I expect nothing short of great for the Horde Troopers which I believe the Horsemen has more of a passion for. But would their be a Horde Captain or just an elite Horde Trooper. After Adora left Catra took over as Force Captain.
    Last edited by Paul Justice; December 29, 2010 at 09:37pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The Horde Sea Troopers have slightly different outfits. Personally I'd love to see them as the second, but I'm not getting my hopes up...

I'll try to find a pic anyway, they're cool...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Cool battle damage concepts Alexx!

My number one ask is that while I know the 2 paks will come with 2 slightly different versions, I hope there are enough spare parts inside so we can construct an army of IDENTICAL Horde Troopers ... not 2 separate armys of 2 different looking robots.

The only thing that bugs me about the Palace Guards is I cannot make both guards in each pack have the undented 'Filmation' style armor.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

MOTUC Horde Troopers Speculation

If the search results do not yield much, them I'm going to capitalize. If I'm wrong, please merge and all should be well. Really, the closest thread I could find about MOTUC Horde Troopers was Emiliano's sketches for variants.

We're certain that Horde Troopers will come in an army builder two pack now that we have the Palace Guards. It's inevitable and I'm sure there's no other type of talk that will sway us before insulting our collective intelligence. So, what's the concensus on how these guys will be handled? Will they be new sculpts? Will we get battle damaged heads and armor like the PGs? What kind of weapons and accessories should we expect?

Discuss!!!!

P.S. - I do have my ideas on how these guys will be handled, but I plan on sharing later. Peace.

As it stands at the moment, I can't see eyeless troopers or sea troopers coming for the same reason that there won't be an unamed female Horde Wraith

Quote Originally Posted by Neal1972 View Post
    Hordak did beat Skelly one-on-one, in a DC comic way back when. (I think it was a DC comic.)
    I remember Skeletor thinking to himself that he had never had to use so much power before, and he started to doubt he could win.
    He-Man stepped in to stop Hordak before he could finish Skeletor, but technically, he won.
    Maybe someone else can shed more info on this encounter.

I prefer Skeletor as a villain as well, but to me Hordak is the true 'big bad' if we're talking magic power.

To the topic, I'd love a Horde Trooper army builder pack. No doubt.
    It was the first Star Comic, Skeletor was annoyed at He-Man saying he'd rather been destroyed than have He-Man save him!

He-Man and Orko get sent to the Fright Zone with the rest of the original Horde, and it's possibly the best representation of the Fright Zone ever, with the Tree, the foot trap and the Dragon all being used.

However, the weirdest part of the comic is Teela calling Man-At-Arms by that name rather than father!
    Last edited by Toymaker; January 24, 2011 at 07:32pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I'm really looking forward to the Horde Troopers. I suspect they'll be an army builder 2 pack. I would like to see the vintage red weapon included along w/ a stun weapon modeled after the Filmation weapon. As I recall their may be a shield that could be included as well. Maybe a large blaster or Horde rifle w/ the Horde logo on it could be included. I really hope we get these troopers in the next year or so. That will be my most expensive month up to that point as I'll push the purchase limit to the max. I wouldn't mind if they put a He-man and Hordak head in the pack either. I display all my figures and I don't have extra heads so an extra Hordak head would be helpful If I were to want to display one trooper as a Hordak troop leader. Rather than pre-ternia disguise He-man wouldn't it have been sweet to have Horde Trooper disguise He-man? Bring on the Horde troopers
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

I expect to see them with the red quarter staves from the action figure, a variation of the stun batons from the FILMation series and some Horde crossbows. It might be cool to see them with a silver version of Zodac's or Man-E-Faces' blaster, but that might be too many ranged weapons included.

As far as the structure of the figure itself, I can't help but wonder if it will be more practical for Mattel to do a brand new sculpt or possibly got the same route with the Palace Guards and cover them in armor. Technically they could treat it like the existing PG armor to also give various battle damage plates that can be changed out and then put new armor pieces on an entirely black colored male figure. It seem a bit impractical, but it might be cheaper to just create new armor instead of a new figure. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that one.

As far as heads are concerned, I'd actually like to see the yellow eyes translucent with a slot on the back to catch the light and make them glow. We could possibly get these head variants: original FILMation (large, round black eyes), younger Hordak, He-Man hair helmet and battle damage.

That's pretty much all I've got for them.

Here's how I'd like them:

-Two basic, identical bodies
    -four heads: 2 normal, 1 scored with blaster burns, 1 slashed (Imagine the 4 Battle Droid varaiants from Episode I, Wave 1)
    -2 long staffs
    -1 laser rifle
    -1 laser pistol
    -4 bat emblem chestplates: 2 normal, 1 slashed, one busted open, an actual hole in it (to reveal circuitry and such-see below)
    -2 armor chestpieces (into which the plates would snap)

Beneath the armor chestplates, it would ROCK if the Horde Trooper's torso's looked like circuitry and wiring, so that, when removed, they look like destroyed robots.

I am really excited about these guys and hope we see them by next year's end. (I wouldn't mind Snake Men warriors first, though, and I've seen lots of great ideas for those!)

I would quite happily plunk down for three or four sets of Horde Troopers like this! I have a feeling that Mattel will really blow us away with them.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Heroic Warrior

Just a thought on Horde Troopers

Well, in June 2009 we got Hordak and then had to wait another 17 months for the next Horde member.

I think almost everyone here would agree with me that the Horde Troopers are the ultimate army builders.

So...why didn't Mattel release the Troopers early in the line? They could re-release them at least twice a year and earn a lot of money that could help the line grow.

I think the Trooper could easily be the figure with the highest production number.

So why wait so long for the release when you can re-release this figure over and over again?

Probably because the troopers need so much tooling... But this is Why they should get them out early on... You can't have enough Horde Troopers...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

Totally agree they should be out sooner rather then later. I will probably buy 2 or 3 sets when first released and if they are released again I would definitely return to double dip on these guys. I'll buy as many as my toy budget will allow, lol, don't tell my wife.
    END OF LINE

the weapon should be the horde staff that they orignally came with but with the bottom looking more like thefilmation weapon they came with.

I think that it will be a single release, with a pair of weapons - Red vintage staff (Updated 4H) and the silver wand they carried in the show and comics. There really isn't a lot of room for variations they were all the same...I also think the production numbers will be incredibly high...

Heroic Warrior
    Hmmm... would the Trooper require as much tooling as we think he'd do?

He could reuse the feet of Keldor and bracelets of Bow and have a He-Man torso under the armor... even King Hssss and Optikk share the torso...

So long as the HTs are all over 5,000 in the bio., I don't care what they look like....
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Anyone know why there wasn't a Horde Trooper in the NECA staction line? Was it just preference of the Horsemen and they never got to them. Or were there certain characters the Horsemen couldn't do? Seems like they could have sold a ton of these when the statues were going.

If there were Staction Troopers, I'd have serveral in my Classics display right now.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MoViEfReAk View Post
    Hmmm... would the Trooper require as much tooling as we think he'd do?

He could reuse the feet of Keldor and bracelets of Bow and have a He-Man torso under the armor... even King Hssss and Optikk share the torso...

Or he will get a black Roboto torso, because it looks mechanical and the orginal armor also showed the abdominal area.

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    Anyone know why there wasn't a Horde Trooper in the NECA staction line? Was it just preference of the Horsemen and they never got to them. Or were there certain characters the Horsemen couldn't do? Seems like they could have sold a ton of these when the statues were going.
    Because the Staction line ended before they got to each and every character from the original line, and they only got to the ones that they did, and not the ones that they didn't. The Horde Trooper just happened to fall in the latter category.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"