Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 720

Thread: Horde Trooper Discussion

  1. #126
    Heroic Warrior Akai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Fallon, NV
    Posts
    556
    Wouldn't be surprised if the Horde Trooper bios state that they are disposable robots. In my canon which may seem quite dark is that Hordak called for a planetwide conscription of able-bodied men to become Horde Troopers to make up for the losses in his battle with the Snakemen and King Grayskull and of course to establish his military might. It would make the struggle between the Great Rebellion and the Horde more tragic as they may have to take the lives of Etherian citizens that were drafted and have been brainwashed and/or corrupted by the Horde.

  2. #127
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Westchester County, New York
    Posts
    2,042
    So, this year we are getting the Snake Men army builder 2 packs. It's a safe guess that next year we will finally get the Horde Troopers --- That is if they decide to make them 2 packs for army building.

    They could make one just like the vintage figure, and the other one with some slight variations. Perhaps an MYP inspired head. Maybe a plethera of different weapons to choose from, like a Filmation style stun gun. one thing they really should do is... make the Hord Trooper so it can utilize ANY head, this way you can make a Horde Trooper with a He-Man head for example... remember The Secret of the Sword??

  3. #128
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,533
    Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    So, this year we are getting the Snake Men army builder 2 packs. It's a safe guess that next year we will finally get the Horde Troopers --- That is if they decide to make them 2 packs for army building.

    They could make one just like the vintage figure, and the other one with some slight variations. Perhaps an MYP inspired head. Maybe a plethera of different weapons to choose from, like a Filmation style stun gun. one thing they really should do is... make the Hord Trooper so it can utilize ANY head, this way you can make a Horde Trooper with a He-Man head for example... remember The Secret of the Sword??
    Hmmm...who else is left in the way?

    We have at least another Snake Men army builder set (MYP had 5 models; we got 2 of those 5 in the line so far) and Horde Wraiths. Possibly the Mutant Space Force troopers from Jetlag. Other choices are Brightmoon Guards or alternate versions of the Eternos guards such as the medieval versions from Pre-Filmation or the turban wearing guards from MYP.

    I would be surprised if Horde Troopers were next. I'd think it would be the Horde Wraiths. Mattel seems to want to save them up.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  4. #129
    Heroic Warrior dark knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,357
    you have:
    the people of buzz off
    the people of whiplash
    the people that used to fight with the people of whiplash on myp
    the people of stratos
    i think still there are a lot of materials for army builders
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

  5. #130
    film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    439
    ive got to admit ive always thought the horde troopers were cyborgs!
    as for army builders: comet people from the cosmic comet, skeletors whirly robot things (4pack?) , twiggets, skeletors movie troopers (2 different styles flying and ground), civillians (skeletor needs someone to tie to train tracks) and of course cant forget spectors pit crew give them the heads of the four horsemen!
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

  6. #131
    Fighting Foe Fan Whiplash7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,883
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Hmmm...who else is left in the way?

    We have at least another Snake Men army builder set (MYP had 5 models; we got 2 of those 5 in the line so far) and Horde Wraiths. Possibly the Mutant Space Force troopers from Jetlag. Other choices are Brightmoon Guards or alternate versions of the Eternos guards such as the medieval versions from Pre-Filmation or the turban wearing guards from MYP.
    I find all of these things to be incredibly unlikely, especially with the extremely low rate they are releasing army builders. At this rate the line will be over long before most of these things have the chance to be even remotely considered.
    The fact that there is a year and a half b/w army builders so far is another reason why the Horde Trooper should be a single-carded monthly figure, like the rest of the vintage figures, imo. They can still be army built, and that saves an important army builder slot for something else.

  7. #132
    TWIGGET ENTHUSIAST! Swifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield, CT USA
    Posts
    1,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I find all of these things to be incredibly unlikely, especially with the extremely low rate they are releasing army builders. At this rate the line will be over long before most of these things have the chance to be even remotely considered.
    The fact that there is a year and a half b/w army builders so far is another reason why the Horde Trooper should be a single-carded monthly figure, like the rest of the vintage figures, imo. They can still be army built, and that saves an important army builder slot for something else.
    You're probably right about most of these these but there's no reason that army builder 2-packs can't be released more frequently, especially if the Snake Men sell well. I personally would LOVE several sets of Brightmoon Guards.

    As for the Horde Troopers, if they are not revealed at SDCC I will go out of my frikkin mind. I want Mantenna, Scorpia, and an entire army of Horde Troopers so badly. It's time to bring em on!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

  8. #133
    Fighting Foe Fan Whiplash7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    You're probably right about most of these these but there's no reason that army builder 2-packs can't be released more frequently, especially if the Snake Men sell well. I personally would LOVE several sets of Brightmoon Guards.
    Last summer TG announced they are scaling back the line. Nobody knows what that means yet, but this is a $44 item in a beast slot. The only other thing that costs as much are the giants. 2 years ago the guards were revealed, and that was technically a 2010 item that got pushed back into 2011. A year and a half later the Snakes were revealed. I really hope we see a new army-builder revealed at SDCC, but if they don't have one on tap I wouldn't be surprised.

    This is all part of the reason Horde Trooper should be a monthly figure.
    --there is no biological variability, they are generic identical robots. Whatever one comes with, another will come with.
    --they can still be army built.
    --they were single carded in the 80s. MOTUC tries to do things the way it was done in the 80s.
    --It would prolong the line the way so many want, by having a coveted figure be a monthly item instead of something simultaneous with the monthly figures.
    --it would save an army builder slot for something else. Be it Brightmoon Guards, or Avion Warriors.

  9. #134
    Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,930
    I want 10 horde trooper figures.
    but with the price increases that going to be very expensive.
    if its in 2013 the price would be $25 per figure or $27 for non sub.
    I'm sure its going to be a army builder pack but the cost per figure is still the same.
    10x25=250 not including shipping costs. $250 for 10 toys!
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

  10. #135
    Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,767
    Let's hope Matty doesn't get dumb and tool the Rocklords or Spinning Top guys before the Horde Troopers.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

  11. #136
    CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Posts
    1,825
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    I want 10 horde trooper figures.
    but with the price increases that going to be very expensive.
    if its in 2013 the price would be $25 per figure or $27 for non sub.
    I'm sure its going to be a army builder pack but the cost per figure is still the same.
    10x25=250 not including shipping costs. $250 for 10 toys!
    Who needs food, right?

    These are my #1 wanted figures! Just can't wait!

  12. #137
    Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by dark knight View Post
    the people that used to fight with the people of whiplash on myp
    These would be the Speleans. I have a feeling with a reuse of the Draego-Man wings, we'll be getting Lord Dactys. They are the closest race to Gargoyles we have in MOTU and MOTU has existed far too long without them.


    Getting back to the Horde Troopers though, I'm fairly certain with the amount of tooling they require, we'll be seeing them in 2014. For me, they're just robots.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; August 4, 2012 at 04:40pm.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

  13. #138
    Heroic Warrior Saved's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Louisville/Ft Knox, KY
    Posts
    944
    What!!!!

    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

    MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

  14. #139
    Evil Collapsing Robot! Zodach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,263
    That's fantastic news if it ends up being what we think it is! I just hope we can get to 100% or close enough to get Mattel to approve it anyways. I am already in for 6 subs and I don't think I can take any more than that. There have to be some people waiting until the last day that need to subscribe now. The Horde needs you!

  15. #140
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    This is the latest from Toyguru:
    We are at about 91% so you guys are doing it! We are so close at this point to hitting out goal. We can't move forward without 100% (since that is the absolute bare min to produce these figs at $25.00 a figure).If you have any last min questions I'll try to hit the forums. If you are still on the fence, today is the day to vote for more MOTUC figs by supporting the 2013 sub! Looking at the line up, 2013 really is the strongest year I think we have ever done. We have more POP, NA, Filmation Snake Men, Horde Members and an Army Builder pack fans have been asking for for years now all waiting on the green light for 2013. It really will be a great year and I can't wait to announce the 2013 sub moving forward tomorrow!


    I think we're getting the Horde Trooper two-pack this year!!!
    Were getting nothing unless we hit that 8% to 9% needed to hit the 100% minimum and there just about 12 hours to do it.
    Last edited by mjw41; August 6, 2012 at 03:02pm.

  16. #141
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    2,319
    Honestly though, 91% is a disappointing number....9% in one day?? Actually 9% in 12 hours....seems too far off

  17. #142
    CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Posts
    1,825
    I'm scared to get excited because sometimes "figures fans have been asking for" tends out to be something way off from what I think

    Horde Troopers would ROCK though, making getting 2 subs all the sweeter!

    I also assume that should read Filmation , Snake Men, or at least I sure hope so. I REALLY don't want a Filmation Tung Lashor before the regular one (heck i don't really want one at all, lol).

    And of course, still holding out hope for Crita
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

    Also...get her into the line!

    Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

  18. #143
    Quester JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,957
    I don't know what other army builder he could be talking about, to be honest.

  19. #144
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,533
    I hope they have some day-of-stock merchandise. Mattel would make a KILLING on Horde Trooper 2 packs!

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  20. #145
    Evil Collapsing Robot! Zodach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,263
    I am almost 100% certain they will have some day of stock for the Horde Troopers. They will be at a higher price, like $55-60 instead of the $50 subscriber price though.
    Last edited by Zodach; August 6, 2012 at 03:12pm.

  21. #146
    Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    1,087
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I don't know what other army builder he could be talking about, to be honest.
    Twigget army.

  22. #147
    Heroic Master of Maturity SCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,653
    bcrduke hinted these as well.

  23. #148
    Heroic Warrior fireball13z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    North Atlanta
    Posts
    5,742
    So happy to read that. Well happy and sad. Happy that I have 2 subs and sad b/c it seems like a long shot to get that last 9%.

    I dont want this ride to end, I really dont.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

  24. #149
    Lord of Darkkbricks Darkkosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SF, CA
    Posts
    1,540
    NICE... However Mattel should've announced this news at the SDCC instead of the FFM, nitwits.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

  25. #150
    scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Skeletor's back
    Posts
    1,654
    Mattel is so SO stupid for not having used Horde Troopers as a "subscription bait".
    And that is the kindest thing to say about that from the top of my head right now...
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •