Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Horde Trooper Discussion

http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=view...rt=20&sl=20783

TNI's photo shows the head at a better angle looking more like the troopers we all want and love.

Yeah, the eyes need to be lower down like they're glaring at you. These Troopers look a bit too happy for my liking...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

What did people want from the eyes? Them to stop at the point they'd go behind the chest piece when down?!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Yeah, these troopers look way too cartoony for my taste, I thought the 4HM would've made them looking a lot more meaner than that! Not too happy about them!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Heroic Warrior
    I guess my expectations were just too high? They just don't blow me away, I don't hate them but I don't love them either?

One looks to have some sort of 'battle damage' laser burn or something on his collar on his left side (the right trooper). Don't see any other 'battle damage' though.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

These guys look exactly like the Horde Troopers should. What could anyone possibly have to complain about? The eyes? They look weird in that picture because it's taken from an overhead angle. It's called PERSPECTIVE, people. The head is obviously a movable ball, these pictures were taken from the top, an Angie you usually wouldn't look at these from. This is the two pack everyone wanted, and we weren't even sure we were gonna get, and now that it's here, and it looks great, people still aren't satisfied?
    Last edited by goluphi; July 19, 2013 at 05:24pm.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arenít absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I donít collect toys to be miserable. So Iíd rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

I am soooooooo disappointed by the Horde Troopers. Way too cartooney for my taste. The eyes look horrible. I think Filmation is hurting this line immensely...

I'm pretty happy with how the Horde Troopers came out. I'm glad the slides show us that the head can be posed properly without the yellow visor being shown completely! Can't wait to purchase a couple extra sets of these guys to go along with the one from the sub!
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Quote Originally Posted by MsMarvel fan View Post
    http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=view...rt=20&sl=20783

TNI's photo shows the head at a better angle looking more like the troopers we all want and love.
    They look just like the vintage toys when their heads aren't looking up. I think everyone is reacting to seeing the eyes completely unveiled from behind the collar. It really is just the angle of the cameras, combined with the heads not being tilted down.

Heroic Warrior
    The "problem" with the Horde Troopers we saw is that they ALL had their heads looking upwards... It almost seems like the guys from Mattel were not able to put them in any other position, which worries me a bit.

If they were looking straight forward (or ahead), they would look perfectly normal, I think.

Other than that, I like them very much.

But my MAIN concern is about October : did you see the CRAZY AMOUNT of products we get in October? Not to mention November for those who want CG (personally, I'll pass on CG). Good luck for those who want to buy multiple Horde Troopers packs PLUS all the other October products AND Castle Grayskull in November...

And with the prices these figures cost, I guess it will become very expensive for those who really want to be completists...

P.S. : does anybody know when the weapons pack with Kowl will be released ? I think it's also in October, but I'm not too sure about it...
    Last edited by Prahvus; July 19, 2013 at 05:31pm.

It is not just the eyes that are wrong with the Horde Troopers, it's the Horde Emblem too? Why is it so goofy looking? Why couldn't we get a more normal Horde emblem like on Hordak, Leech, and Mantenna. In addition, they have too much rounded features and should be more angular like in the Filmation cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    They look exactly the way I expected them too. I'm shocked at the amount of new tooling we're getting on them, and that we've gotten in 2013 all told! Let they naysayers neigh, but I'm stoked for every reveal, and feel totally justified in subbing thricely this year.

6 Horde Troopers FTW, and hopefully a few more on sale day.
    Making them a 2-pack, and ordering double the sub numbers (plus) of single figures, means they were likely the cheapest to have done yet, other than maybe the Palace Guards.....
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    These guys look exactly like the Horde Troopers should. What could anyone possibly have to complain about? The eyes? They look weird in that picture because it's taken from an overhead angle. It's called PERSPECTIVE, people. The head is obviously a movable ball, these pictures were taken from the top, an Angie you usually wouldn't look at these from. This is the two pack everyone wanted, and we weren't even sure we were gonna get, and now that it's here, and it looks great, people still aren't satisfied?
    It doesn't matter what "perspective" you're talking about, the actual design isn't that menacing for many of us, period.
    It's just funny how you keep praising everything Mattel makes no matter what!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    It doesn't matter what "perspective" you're talking about, the actual design isn't that menacing for many of us, period.
    It's just funny how you keep praising everything Mattel makes no matter what!
    These guys look like the vintage figures, which is how they should look, and how most figures in this line look. If you want menacing, may I suggest the Movie Maniacs line? I think you'd be happier with that.

Maybe I actually like what Mattel is doing, and that's why I buy these figures?
    Last edited by goluphi; July 19, 2013 at 05:46pm.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arenít absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I donít collect toys to be miserable. So Iíd rather think about the things that do excite me

I have to ask, what were people disappointed in Horde Troopers expecting? The eyes are pretty much as it was with the toy if you opened up the armour. The eye thing is non-issue, its just matter of displaying them properly.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I have wanted a updated Horde Trooper for years! And I have eagerly been anticipating these guys since Toyguru hinted at them last year.

I am NOT disappointed. Hell I don't know if I will be content with the two sets I have coming with my sub, lol.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    They are awesome( when theyīre looking down)! Its just gonna be an expensive month, cause i have to pay also for that Nephtonk. At least he comes with Icebird from the german audioplays,lol!

Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    These guys look like the vintage figures, which is how they should look, and how most figures in this line look.

And God forbid that I'm not a whiny, over entitled complainer. Maybe I actually like what Mattel is doing, and that's why I buy these figures? If you don't like anything Mattel does, why are you still here?
    Who said that I don't like anything Mattel does? 90-95% I'm very happy with what is shown, that doesn't mean that I should like 100% everything is thrown at me no matter what! I'm paying a hefty price for my subs, and I should nitpick on the things that could be better made, duh!

Iīm loving the horde troopers, hope the visor was made of translucent plastic but I think they look awesome, exactly as they should.

These look much better than I anticipated. I was kind of hoping for a second "flashback" trooper head to be included, but I wasn't expecting it.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

They're everything that I hoped they would be. The vintage style battle damage just didn't seem logistically possible while keeping a reasonable price point.

Nevertheless, there could still be a surprise like Trap-Jaw style detachable limbs to simulate destruction.
    -"You want me to drive?!!"
    -"Hey, it's the 80's!"

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Who said that I don't like anything Mattel does? 90-95% I'm very happy with what is shown, that doesn't mean that I should like 100% everything is thrown at me no matter what! I'm paying a hefty price for my subs, and I should nitpick on the things that could be better made, duh!
    How do you know I like everything that Mattel does? I definitely don't. I just choose to be positive, and mainly voice my opinions on what I do like.

The Horde Troopers look RIGHT. They look like the vintage figures. I don't see how they can be "better made". It's the style all the figures are made in. Anyone who has been with the line this long should understand that that's where most of the inspiration for these figures comes from. If the Classics figures look like the vintage figures, then I consider that a success.

Of course Horde Trooper's eyes look happy! I mean ... they meet all these beautiful chicks like Glimmer, Star Sisters, Castaspella and Frosta every day right? This must make even an evil robot happy. I want a Horde Trooper with a red heart instead of the yellow visor. That would be a Fallen-in-love-with-Glimmer Horde Trooper.

btw ... both troopers seem to be the same in the pics. Or they made them different?
    Last edited by Sabretooth; July 19, 2013 at 06:15pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I think to me they look too vintage, needed a more menacing update, as others have said a regular Horde emblem would have worked. Like I said I don't hate them they just don't blow me away, my expectations were through the roof though. Much like when the placard for King Hssss leaked his reveal the day before, he's not a bad figure just not overwhelming. Where Lord Dactys is just world's better than I was expecting (but my expectations for him were much less) the Troopers just did'nt live up to my expectations.